Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [OOC/Sign up] One Piece - New World Chronicles

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[OOC/Sign up] One Piece - New World Chronicles

One Piece - New World Chronicles

Game Master - Josef K.
    Role-play Genre - Action, Adventure, Comedy, Story Based

Story

Spoiler show

The Journal of The Captain

Spoiler show

Character Sheet

Spoiler show

Crew

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Josef K.; August 09, 2012 at 10:19 PM.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [OOC/Sign up] One Piece - New World Chronicles

How did I not notice this thread months ago? XD

I think my character's trademark is going to be his blue scarf, but I haven't decided on anything beyond that. :P

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want to get the story going, really just make a character with whatever stats and stuff, we will work on details later, just start it!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we'll need more people though, don't you? And as GM, isn't setting the scene and starting the story off your job? I'm not taking on that responsbilit!! :P Plus I still need to come up with a name for my character, a personality, a backstory and a fighting style.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am ready whenever, that is what I mean I just need a character to start this off.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

How about this for a profile base? I'm working on my character now.

Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Profession/Role on the ship: (eg. first-mate, cook, doctor, etc.)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Background/History:

Powers and Abilities:
    Weapons:
    Fighting Style:
    Attacks:
    Other, non-combat skills:

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, looks good to me, covers all the basic stuff. If there are more suggestions along the road we can discuss them. Good, i can not wait to see it.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I missed out "Dream".

Okay, here's my profile so far. There's a few things left to be filled out, namely combat stuff but I'll work on those later. The main body of the character is there so I'll let you look it over in case there's anything that needs changing before adding more.

Name: ‘Blue Scarf’ Kappa
    Height: 5’10.5”
    Weight: 152lbs
    Profession/Role on the ship: Writer; Kappa keeps the ship’s log and documents their adventures.
    Dream: to find the maker of the Blue Robes
    Appearance: Kappa is a slim, toned young man with angular features. He has tousled, dark brown hair and expressive hazel eyes. He wears sandals and blue jeans whose legs he rolls up to just below his knees. He favours loose-fitting shirts, which he ties closed with a strip of fabric round his waist. These shirts often also have hoods on them. In cold weather he wears a large, thick green coat (also with a hood) to keep himself warm. Kappa’s trade-mark is his long scarf which he winds twice round his neck and lets either end fly in the wind. It is a deep blue in colour, though the last few inches of either end are a dark blue. He sometimes pulls this scarf up over his mouth or winds it round his head like a bandana or a turban.

Personality: Generally Kappa is a pretty easy-going guy; he’s laid-back and prefers to avoid stress. In fact, some people are worried by how incredibly flippant he can be. However, he also has a serious side; he is a firm believer in fairness and hates people who fight dirty, attack those weaker than themselves or gang up on people. In dangerous situations, too, he will get serious if doing so means people avoiding getting hurt.

Kappa’s personality swings between crude and polite quite fluidly; to people he doesn’t know he is usually well-mannered and but around his friends he likes to fart loudly and make rude jokes. He is also more sentimental and warm-hearted than he likes to let on; a sad story, if well-told, will move him to tears.

Background/History: Kappa was raised on a certain island in the North Blue. There he lived fairly quietly for the first few years of his life. Pirates would come from time to time, but they rarely caused much bother thanks to the presence of a Naval outpost nearby. One day a group of pirates called the Blue Hand Crew returned from the Grand Line and took rest on the island, since their Captain was injured.

The young boy was unable to resist peeking on the pirates in their lodgings, but he was caught and brought before the Captain, Blue Hand Benji. However, the pirate was warm-hearted and didn’t mind Kappa hanging around with him; he enjoyed telling the boy wild stories from the Grand Line. He also showed Kappa his fighting style; using the long, blue gloves he wore, he could turn his punches into attacks with the force of battering rams or brush aside sword blades.

The gloves made from a special thread that originated on a certain island on the Grand Line. Properly woven, the thread could become a substance that reacted to the will of the wearer; its properties could change from being as hard as rock to as soft as silk, from as springy as rubber to as rigid as steel. Benji told him the gloves belonged to a legendary set of clothes woven by the world’s most talented seamstress.

For several weeks the Blue Hand Pirates stayed until one day, when most of their members were inland and only their Captain was left in the village by the shore, disaster struck. More pirates attacked. Benji defended the village single-handedly, defeating the majority of the pirates. Finally, though, his wounds got the better of him and he became too week to go on. The evil pirates cut off both his hands and threw them, gloves and all, into the sea. They then killed the gallant Captain in front of the whole village; Kappa saw the whole thing.

Too late, the rest of the Blue Hand Pirates arrived and drove the attackers off. But they had lost their beloved Captain. After giving their Captain a Viking burial, they left the island and a heart-broken Kappa.

Years later, Kappa received a special package. It was from the remnants of the Blue Hand Pirates. Inside was a magnificent blue scarf from the same set of clothes as Benji’s gloves. He taught himself how to use it in battle, and some time after set out to sea, hoping to find the person who made the wonderful clothes.

Powers and Abilities: Kappa’s raw physical abilities far outmatch those of a normal human being. He is has exceptional physical strength, especially in his lower body, as evidenced by his running speed and the power of his kicks. When striking with his arms, he prefers to use jabs and elbow strikes rather than full-on lunging punches. His reflexes are also excellent and uses them to dodge expertly dodge or block attacks. Finally, he is a creative and inventive fighter who can adapt quickly in the midst of battle.

Weapons: Blue Kite (his scarf); Blue Kite is made from a special thread found only on one island in the world, woven by a legendary seamstress. It is said to be part of an entire set of clothes, but this may just be rumour. A single thread is flexible yet as durable as steel. When properly handled by someone with sufficient sensitivity to the workings of the material, the handler can alter its properties to suit their needs. Blue Kite, woven from this material, is the same, and Kappa is able to wield it expertly.
    Fighting Style: Thanks to Blue Kite’s versatility Kappa can alter his fighting style to suit his opponent, but he prefers to fight at close-range where he can keep the opponent’s focus on himself while he attacks with Blue Kite. Sometimes he will take Blue Kite from around his neck and fight with it wrapped around one arm or around his waist.

Attacks/Techniques:
    -Blue Kusarigama: the end of Blue Kite becomes rigid and stiff. The next portion of the scarf becomes stretchy, allowing Kappa to throw it like a weight attacked to a cord.
    -Blue Blade: the end of Blue Kite becomes as rigid and sharp as a blade, allowing a well-timed attack from it to do serious damage. Alternatively, Kappa can hold it and wield it like a sword.
    -Blue Scythe: the end portion of Blue Kite becomes sharp and blade-like and angles itself inwards from the next portion of the scarf which winds tightly around itself to become rigid and narrow, allowing Kappa to wield it like a scythe.
    -Blue Wrap: Kappa makes Blue Kite wind around a target, by it human or otherwise, and then grip it tightly, trapping it. Blue Kite can be made stretchy beforehand in order to increase the technique’s range.
    -Blue Chain: Kappa grips a length of Blue Kite between his hands and uses it to block incoming attacks (especially useful against downward sword strokes).

Other, non-combat skills: Kappa enjoys playing the piano and is a skilled writer.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So far so good, very creative fighting style, not too overpowered, not too weak as well. The best combination of skill and innovation, I like it.

Work on the rest.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, sir!

EDIT: I've added to Kappa's profile above. Think everything in it is done now. What happens next?

Also, what are the rules regarding Haki?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! Added to the first post. For now haki is open for discussion, though because mostly it is the beginning of the story. Feel free to add suggestions. I will work on the intro post now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Mind if i join you guys...?

Spoiler show

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Cuteness on the ship.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean shiki's dog form? xD i thought it would be fun but cute works too

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It really has a Chopper feel to it through and through. Added everything to the first post btw.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast