Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show
    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• * Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves 60 Spoiler Thread

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion / 61 Predictions

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Some things of note.
    • For those of you curious about whether Elder Kwon is "the second strongest in Murim" or "the strongest second-in-command", the translation by A-Team is the wrong one. SeRa tells HaIl that Kwon is the only person among the 10 Murim Great Masters who's a second-in-command. In other words, someone who's strong enough to be one of the 10 Murim Great Masters could easily establish a clan / school of his own, but Elder Kwon chooses to stick with the nearly-dead SunWoo clan despite that fact.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKen View Post
      - Kwon JeGyu is known as the "최강의 2인자". 2인자 means second-in-command, and 최강 obvious means the strongest. In other words, the strongest second-in-command, I believe?
    • SeRa believes that the only reason Kwon wants ShiWoon dead is because he thinks that ShiWoon is harmful / unfit for the clan, and that if he were to see ShiWoon differently then he would change his thoughts. Which is exactly what happened.
    • HaIl, on the other hand, thinks Kwon is just waiting to take the clan over. Which is wrong, but he can't really be blamed for thinking that way, considering how his last conversation with Kwon went.
    • Hyuk and Gang Sung finish their conversation from before, and the topic turns to the state of the Murim. Hyuk says that the ChunDoMoon is expecting Gang Sung to take a stricter approach as the Head of the Alliance. Gang Sung understands that Hyuk is talking about his SaJe (School Brother), the one who shot the Nine Arts Dragon during the events of the first series. This is because using firearms goes against the basics of MuRim. Hyuk tells Gang Sung that if Gang Sung truly understands that the MuRim is in danger, then he has to show that he can make drastic / bold decisions.
    • Mask's surname is JeGal (제갈)l. Which is a two letter surname, which is pretty rare in Korea. I've only met one person in real life with a two letter surname, and he was my math teacher in my second year of Middle School, whose surname was NamGoong (남궁). Which also happens to be a name I've seen pop up in martial arts stuff. Mask's name isn't given, simply his surname.
    • 제갈, at least to me, brings up one thing and one thing only. 제갈공명 / 제갈량, in other words Zhuge Liang from the Three Kingdoms.
    • Hyuk tells Mask that he was right, Gang Sung called him to ask for his help. Mask compares Gang Sung and the Alliance to a sinking ship, and says that despite Gang Sung's request, the Murim will get even more chaotic, and the the strength of people like Hyuk will be required.
    • JiNi wakes up, sees Kang. Kang gets angry that she didn't contact him... and tells her that he was worried. Doctor arrives, Kang asks him if he can leave. Doctor is surprised, since Kang was anxious and stayed up watching over JiNi the entire night. Kang gets all annoyed and leaves, telling JiNi to take care of herself and that if she goes out and gets hurt like that again he'll really scold her.

The most important part of this chapter?

Elder Kwon is a tsundere.

6. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Some things of note.
    Elder Kwon is a tsundere.
    Lol, it seems to run in the family

Don't quite see where the Zhuge Liang part fits in though?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Zhuge Liang was a smart dude. The surname pops up in some Korean manhwa / novels dealing with MuRim that I've read, and people from there are supposed to be smart and wise and whatnot. Granted all of those guys were minor characters but yah the reputation bit stands.

From Wikipedia:
    "The surname has often been synonymous with wisdom in Chinese culture, due to the fame of Zhuge Liang."

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[*] HaIl, on the other hand, thinks Kwon is just waiting to take the clan over. Which is wrong, but he can't really be blamed for thinking that way, considering how his last conversation with Kwon went.
    To be fair to HaIl, it really seemed like the two (saving the clan and taking over the clan) were starting to merge inside Kwon's head before he was snapped back to reality during the flashback when he remembered his real goal and promise to the dying head.

Thank you for the summary btw.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Mm-hmm.

I wonder, though, does this chapter adds any points for or agaisnt the theory that "Hyuk is secretly a member of SUC, perhaps even the leader"-theory?

He does have a rather disapppointed look on his face during the meeting and from what ChaoticKen's saying, he's somewhat critizing of Kangung's way of doing things so far. But it's all a bit too vauge to say anything for sure...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man I wonder if Hyuk and Shioon are going to have a rematch at some point in the future. I hope Hyuk isn't a part of S.U.C. because from what we know he was against people breaking away from Murim in part 1 but who knows what can happen.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"My Grandpa can't be this cute" - I can already picture the fanfic. (Oreimo joke)

It does seem like Hyuk is steadily being manipulated a bit, doesn't it? Hyuk's major is that he's too perfect and righteous(?). Those traits can easily lead to trouble and while he's too preoccupied with restoring order in the murim world, Hyuk might overlook things. Hyuk vs Shioon seems more likely now.

Btw I can't wait to see Elder Kwon's when he witnesses Shioon regenerative abilities! Will it be a shocked expression? Surprised face? Stupid face? WTH face?

Poor Jinie she looks confused lol. I'm half-expecting Ji-gun to join the Sunwu clan now after what he, Shioon, and Jinie have been though.
    Last edited by Hiro Hayase; February 17, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

LOLZ

want to shout it at the top of my lungs. This chapter only answered one question, which could have taken 1 single page, no 1 single panel.

I'll comment further, since I'm already getting a massive head ache from the Parades tonight. But, sigh... another backseat after finally progressing.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Hyuk has the resources and he is probably one of the people with the capability to master 9AD's techniques or at least copy them to some extent but I just don't see him as someone who would order senseless violence everywhere.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the chapter that Sakicow released.

I'm thinking that there's really implications that Hyuk may be a member of SUC and/or it's head. Kangsungs comment that Hyuk has changed as well as Moustache Guy's words seems to point in that direction, at least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Just read the chapter that Sakicow released.

I'm thinking that there's really implications that Hyuk may be a member of SUC and/or it's head. Kangsungs comment that Hyuk has changed as well as Moustache Guy's words seems to point in that direction, at least.
    After reading the Sakicow version, I'm thinking that the primary head of Heavenly Way might be the one who is up to something and that he is the head of the SUC while Hyuk is being kept in the dark because he wouldn't allow such a tactic though it seems he could be suspecting something.

As for the change that 3AD is talking about, I think the change he sensed was the one caused by Shioon though obviously Kangsung doesn't know that, he just feels something is different about him. Anyway, either the author is trying to make us think Hyuk is the real leader of the SUC in order to trick us or he really is the leader though I'm leaning towards the former currently.
    Last edited by svyatoslav; February 17, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the chapter is out in http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/T..._c060_nas.html

it will be funny when the elder decided to visit Shioon and like Shioon is gone and lost in the hospital looking for Jinie

or the elder will visit Shioon and see Shioon meditating

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast