Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
- * Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
- Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.
Some things of note.
- For those of you curious about whether Elder Kwon is "the second strongest in Murim" or "the strongest second-in-command", the translation by A-Team is the wrong one. SeRa tells HaIl that Kwon is the only person among the 10 Murim Great Masters who's a second-in-command. In other words, someone who's strong enough to be one of the 10 Murim Great Masters could easily establish a clan / school of his own, but Elder Kwon chooses to stick with the nearly-dead SunWoo clan despite that fact.
- SeRa believes that the only reason Kwon wants ShiWoon dead is because he thinks that ShiWoon is harmful / unfit for the clan, and that if he were to see ShiWoon differently then he would change his thoughts. Which is exactly what happened.
- HaIl, on the other hand, thinks Kwon is just waiting to take the clan over. Which is wrong, but he can't really be blamed for thinking that way, considering how his last conversation with Kwon went.
- Hyuk and Gang Sung finish their conversation from before, and the topic turns to the state of the Murim. Hyuk says that the ChunDoMoon is expecting Gang Sung to take a stricter approach as the Head of the Alliance. Gang Sung understands that Hyuk is talking about his SaJe (School Brother), the one who shot the Nine Arts Dragon during the events of the first series. This is because using firearms goes against the basics of MuRim. Hyuk tells Gang Sung that if Gang Sung truly understands that the MuRim is in danger, then he has to show that he can make drastic / bold decisions.
- Mask's surname is JeGal (제갈)l. Which is a two letter surname, which is pretty rare in Korea. I've only met one person in real life with a two letter surname, and he was my math teacher in my second year of Middle School, whose surname was NamGoong (남궁). Which also happens to be a name I've seen pop up in martial arts stuff. Mask's name isn't given, simply his surname.
- 제갈, at least to me, brings up one thing and one thing only. 제갈공명 / 제갈량, in other words Zhuge Liang from the Three Kingdoms.
- Hyuk tells Mask that he was right, Gang Sung called him to ask for his help. Mask compares Gang Sung and the Alliance to a sinking ship, and says that despite Gang Sung's request, the Murim will get even more chaotic, and the the strength of people like Hyuk will be required.
- JiNi wakes up, sees Kang. Kang gets angry that she didn't contact him... and tells her that he was worried. Doctor arrives, Kang asks him if he can leave. Doctor is surprised, since Kang was anxious and stayed up watching over JiNi the entire night. Kang gets all annoyed and leaves, telling JiNi to take care of herself and that if she goes out and gets hurt like that again he'll really scold her.
The most important part of this chapter?
Elder Kwon is a tsundere.
Zhuge Liang was a smart dude. The surname pops up in some Korean manhwa / novels dealing with MuRim that I've read, and people from there are supposed to be smart and wise and whatnot. Granted all of those guys were minor characters but yah the reputation bit stands.
"The surname has often been synonymous with wisdom in Chinese culture, due to the fame of Zhuge Liang."
Thank you for the summary btw.
I wonder, though, does this chapter adds any points for or agaisnt the theory that "Hyuk is secretly a member of SUC, perhaps even the leader"-theory?
He does have a rather disapppointed look on his face during the meeting and from what ChaoticKen's saying, he's somewhat critizing of Kangung's way of doing things so far. But it's all a bit too vauge to say anything for sure...
Oh man I wonder if Hyuk and Shioon are going to have a rematch at some point in the future. I hope Hyuk isn't a part of S.U.C. because from what we know he was against people breaking away from Murim in part 1 but who knows what can happen.
"My Grandpa can't be this cute" - I can already picture the fanfic. (Oreimo joke)
It does seem like Hyuk is steadily being manipulated a bit, doesn't it? Hyuk's major is that he's too perfect and righteous(?). Those traits can easily lead to trouble and while he's too preoccupied with restoring order in the murim world, Hyuk might overlook things. Hyuk vs Shioon seems more likely now.
Btw I can't wait to see Elder Kwon's when he witnesses Shioon regenerative abilities! Will it be a shocked expression? Surprised face? Stupid face? WTH face?
Poor Jinie she looks confused lol. I'm half-expecting Ji-gun to join the Sunwu clan now after what he, Shioon, and Jinie have been though.
Last edited by Hiro Hayase; February 17, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
want to shout it at the top of my lungs. This chapter only answered one question, which could have taken 1 single page, no 1 single panel.
I'll comment further, since I'm already getting a massive head ache from the Parades tonight. But, sigh... another backseat after finally progressing.
Well, Hyuk has the resources and he is probably one of the people with the capability to master 9AD's techniques or at least copy them to some extent but I just don't see him as someone who would order senseless violence everywhere.
Just read the chapter that Sakicow released.
I'm thinking that there's really implications that Hyuk may be a member of SUC and/or it's head. Kangsungs comment that Hyuk has changed as well as Moustache Guy's words seems to point in that direction, at least.
As for the change that 3AD is talking about, I think the change he sensed was the one caused by Shioon though obviously Kangsung doesn't know that, he just feels something is different about him. Anyway, either the author is trying to make us think Hyuk is the real leader of the SUC in order to trick us or he really is the leader though I'm leaning towards the former currently.
Last edited by svyatoslav; February 17, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
the chapter is out in http://unixmanga.com/onlinereading/T..._c060_nas.html
it will be funny when the elder decided to visit Shioon and like Shioon is gone and lost in the hospital looking for Jinie
or the elder will visit Shioon and see Shioon meditating