Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yellowblue's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 60 Discussion / 61 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Sera demonstrated again in this chapter that she's knows a lot about the Murim world , including about Elder Kwon . Even Ha-Ill was sure Elder will kill Shioon and not give a damn about Jinie but looks like he's still too naive and doesn't know much about the Sunwoo clan's past. Sera was right on the spot
    Of course Sera is a lady, she probably got most of her intel from gossips
    Can't wait to see what happens to Shioon now. Will she go back to Sera's master or stay with the Sunwoo clan?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice chapter looks like the old man really cares for jinnie. shwoon will probably be healed by next chapter and maybe he will go meet the doc to finally fully fix his ki center. and then he may train with the old man to get faster the speed the old man showed was amazing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why people are making a fuss about the story not progressing much, this is what happens. After a big fight or big plot development there needs to be a little down time, yes the chapter didn't do much but it is necessary for things to move forward. Wait a few chapters and things will start to pick up again. Overall not a bad transition chapter, Kwon doesn't seem like such an asshole now. I'm interested if we will be seeing Ha-Ill more now that Shioon pretty much saved Jini until S.U.C. backup arrived.

I am wondering if Hyuk knows about his teacher being part of the S.U.C., I am going to bet he doesn't and that some of the older Murim people want to start a movement separate from the Murim. Seems like even people within the Murim want chaos to rule.
    Last edited by GOOMOONRYONG; February 19, 2012 at 08:05 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if you really understand what Sera said to Ha-ill (the part that Elder Kwon can start his own clan) Elder Kwon has the right to do that (getting rid of Shioon) because in his mind Shioon is a frail looking kid(even Elder Jang said that he's weak) but they only seeing what is outside of Shioon that is their mistake(again Elder Jang accepted him as a head) i think in the next few chapter Elder Kwon will bow his head on Shioon and he will say "sorry" for what he did (getting him killed) but Shioon didn't know that part and he will just say "Thank You for saving us"

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only reason SUC was created was so that it could smash the current Martial Arts Alliance and completely overwrite the rules of the Murim world. That why Chundoomoon has allied with SUC , actually if i think better i might say they are one of the many clans that were the founders of this organization.
    Also this organization has deep connection with BFD . I think this is a plan that was developed some time ago , to be more specific from before GMR attacking and destroying the former Martial Arts Alliance. This was all planed by that old guy who GMR calls Master. I think that everything went the way he planned.

So now i think the Sunwoo clan will be the clan that will oppose this organization and together with Shioon they will try destroy their plans , plans that most probably might involve making the Murim world known to the real world and thus murimins taking control of the world.
    Well or at least that's what i think

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I think the only reason SUC was created was so that it could smash the current Martial Arts Alliance and completely overwrite the rules of the Murim world. That why Chundoomoon has allied with SUC , actually if i think better i might say they are one of the many clans that were the founders of this organization.
    Hmm, I wonder if the Chundomoon has really allied with SUC though... Or are just using them. After all, could very well be that they plan to use the SUC to make the Alliance truly disintegrate, then stab them in the back once the Alliance has fallen apart, in essence stepping in as the "saviours" of th eMurim, whiv h they could then rule as they like in the place of the old alliance...

One can also wonder why the Chundomoon, described in part 1 as a "very strong, but reclusive school" would do this, assuming they have really allied with the SUC and it's not just a matter of a few traitors/renegades. I'd guess it's because of th eAlliance: In part 1, the Chief of the alliance was revealed to be using the alliance for his own selfish desires, not the good of the Murim - and he also revealed how rotten to the core the Alliance could be. In part 2, things haven't beome much better. Ji-Gun describes in chapter 42 the Alliance as being "in a vegetative state". Then there's Hyuk's words to Kangsung this chapter... Which makes me think that Kangsung has given additional cause for dfiscontent. We must recall how Kangsung was back in part one: He was strong. He was honorable. But he also never showed much independence. In short, he was the perfect retainer, but he didn't appear to have any skills as a leader. And that, I think, is what might be the problem here: He doesn't have what it takes to lead the Alliance though a crisis like this (he'd probably have been more fitting as a peace time leader, though). So what the Chundomoon may be aiming to do here is to replace an organization they see as rotten and/or incompetent with a better one. Starting over with a clean slate may seem like a better idea to them, considering the bad reputation the Alliance has got these days...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One day Shioon is going to be the leader of the alliance

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been quiet on this chapter for awhile. I don't think that Hyuk is a part of SUC. I do however believe there might be a greater Chundomoon application to this SUC issue. I believe that Hyuk will join ( somewhere in the future) Shioon in the reorganization of the Murim world. Where they can live among normal people but to where they police themselves and are not corrupt.

I really really really want his ki to be replaced because let's face it yes he beat a "master " in the sunglasses dude. He would not be able to touch Hyuk's retainer. For that matter is the retainer the #3 guy or #2? I don't think he is #1 nothing has changed my mind on that. But if Shioon is going to be #1 in all of Murim world he has to be able to beat Kwon and GMR. He can't progress like that without that ki center.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    nice chapter looks like the old man really cares for jinnie. shwoon will probably be healed by next chapter and maybe he will go meet the doc to finally fully fix his ki center. and then he may train with the old man to get faster the speed the old man showed was amazing.
    This probably has been raised before but I definitely like how the writers portrayed Kwon. He's this old hard ass that came across as a self centered power monger. But as we've seen the writers did a great job revealing how he cares a lot about the clan, what he's built up and those close to him. And they showed how that's affected his seemingly cold hearted decisions and attitude.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It just occurred to me that Jigun could end up benefiting greatly from this ordeal. Just before the whole SUC incident we had learned that he had suffered greatly from the forced defection from his school, and that he was enduring some unknown injury. With doctors that the money of the Sunwoo clan can buy it wouldn't surprise me if they discover his ailment and if possible provide the remedy for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing them all (Jinnie, Jigun, and Shioon) back on their feet and how they react to the sudden shift in the reality that was their world just before they lost consciousness. Jinnie already got a slight taste of that change in just her finding out how much her grandfather cares for her. Jigun's will be in learning just who Shioon is, by that I mean the head of the Sunwoo clan, especially considering he was desperately trying to get the help of a "big shot" like Sera and the Milyang clan. For Shioon there are any number of huge changes ahead of him that could be presented. For 1 their is his mother, another is the fact that he will have officially taken the position as head of the clan, and of course him potentially gaining yet another elite master for him to learn from.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    I don't understand why people are making a fuss about the story not progressing much, this is what happens. After a big fight or big plot development there needs to be a little down time, yes the chapter didn't do much but it is necessary for things to move forward. Wait a few chapters and things will start to pick up again. Overall not a bad transition chapter, Kwon doesn't seem like such an asshole now. I'm interested if we will be seeing Ha-Ill more now that Shioon pretty much saved Jini until S.U.C. backup arrived.

I am wondering if Hyuk knows about his teacher being part of the S.U.C., I am going to bet he doesn't and that some of the older Murim people want to start a movement separate from the Murim. Seems like even people within the Murim want chaos to rule.
    The actual truth is that the plot has progressed quite a bit but too many people are incapable of looking at the bigger picture. We're still in the early stage for Part II; at best we're probably only 1/3 of the way through the story yet. Pay them no mind, however. People across the Internet have been screaming "Ruined forever!" since chapter one of New Waves.

The big relevation this past chapter had is that Chundomoon is involved with the SUC. SUC is just a warm-up for Shioon and friends though. The real threat is an attack from Chundamoon + Martial Arts Alliance.

Its a repeat of the history we learned back in Part I regarding the Sunwoo Clan. After Sosul was born the clan was attacked by Chundomoon + Martial Arts Alliance and subjugated. The Sunwoo Clan has yet to recover from that attack and the political balance is still delicate since Shioon has been recognized as clanhead only by one Elder (he still has 3 more to win over). Current circumstances will lead to a similar incident but somehow the situation will look out for the better. It'll also give Shioon a real jottle to take his job seriously and lead the Murim-reform movement that was spoken of in Part I.

One of the many interesting aspects of the story is the trend with history appearing to repeat itself with Shioon, Goomoonryong, and Unwol. It'll be real interesting if and when we get to Part III where the final obstacle to overcoming this paradox is Goomoonryong himself.
    Last edited by Franckie; February 28, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    The actual truth is that the plot has progressed quite a bit but too many people are incapable of looking at the bigger picture. We're still in the early stage for Part II; at best we're probably only 1/3 of the way through the story yet. Pay them no mind, however. People across the Internet have been screaming "Ruined forever!" since chapter one of New Waves.

The big relevation this past chapter had is that Chundomoon is involved with the SUC. SUC is just a warm-up for Shioon and friends though. The real threat is an attack from Chundamoon + Martial Arts Alliance.

Its a repeat of the history we learned back in Part I regarding the Sunwoo Clan. After Sosul was born the clan was attacked by Chundomoon + Martial Arts Alliance and subjugated. The Sunwoo Clan has yet to recover from that attack and the political balance is still delicate since Shioon has been recognized as clanhead only by one Elder (he still has 3 more to win over). Current circumstances will lead to a similar incident but somehow the situation will look out for the better. It'll also give Shioon a real jottle to take his job seriously and lead the Murim-reform movement that was spoken of in Part I.

One of the many interesting aspects of the story is the trend with history appearing to repeat itself with Shioon, Goomoonryong, and Unwol. It'll be real interesting if and when we get to Part III where the final obstacle to overcoming this paradox is Goomoonryong himself.
    unless you know something i dont, the breaker part 1 ended at chapter 72, if this time he plans on ending it around the same then this is more than 1/3 of the way through my friend.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3