Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 195

Thread: Kurapika

  1. #106
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Are you kidding me? He tanked Big Bang Impact and ended up with nothing more than a broken arm. What is Feitan's puny little umbrella-lance going to do? And the chains - Uvo was complaining about the nen in those chains. Kurapica wouldn't even need chain jail. He'd just whip lash the hell out of Feitan. If the chain so much as brushes him in the shoulder that's probably his whole arm gone.

    Chrollo is the wildcard. He has potentially all sorts of interesting and nasty conditional abilities with weird status effects. It could see him shrinking the chains with fun fun cloth (then probably realizing that they're conjured Nen - that is, assuming he didn't notice with Gyo from the beginning).

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #107
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Are you kidding me? He tanked Big Bang Impact and ended up with nothing more than a broken arm. What is Feitan's puny little umbrella-lance going to do? And the chains - Uvo was complaining about the nen in those chains. Kurapica wouldn't even need chain jail. He'd just whip lash the hell out of Feitan. If the chain so much as brushes him in the shoulder that's probably his whole arm gone.

    Chrollo is the wildcard. He has potentially all sorts of interesting and nasty conditional abilities with weird status effects. It could see him shrinking the chains with fun fun cloth (then probably realizing that they're conjured Nen - that is, assuming he didn't notice with Gyo from the beginning).
    Are you assuming that Feitan couldn't hurt Uvo then? Sure, Kurapika is though but with only toughness and CJ as advantages he is no match for many Spiders, Feitan is way faster than Uvo. I don't get why you say nothing but a broken arm when Uvo himself was satisfied when he hit him here, had Kurapika not blocked it he would be dead

  4. #108
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Are you assuming that Feitan couldn't hurt Uvo then? Sure, Kurapika is though but with only toughness and CJ as advantages he is no match for many Spiders, Feitan is way faster than Uvo. I don't get why you say nothing but a broken arm when Uvo himself was satisfied when he hit him here, had Kurapika not blocked it he would be dead
    Once again i will argue that kurapika was a 15 yo boy with 6 months of nen experience that completely mollywhopped uvo, in a one sided massacre of a battle

    even with feitans speed if hes hit once by the regular chains hes probably toast, and kurapika showed great range , in fact impossible range with those chains

    i believe several people on this board believe kurapika is weak for some reason

    the dude is a flat out monster

  5. #109
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Wow!! Slender build Kurapicka was faster than the Hulking Uvo he's sure is some speedster. So speedy he even caught the Spiders leader and could have killed him.

    Lol Chrollo's dialogue of Uvo's recklessness when fighting Conjurer's; Nor does an unsuspecting hotel black out slowing Chrollo down mean nothing to you.....Kurapicka was never strong enough to kill the Spiders head on.

    He plans and plots and maneuvers......Ya Act like the spiders are gonna sit there and get wrapped up in a chain. Ya act like everybody ain't read the same manga were Kurapicka's knew he couldn't approach them directly.

    Kurapika is 15 and?? we're not guaging his potential or debating how strong He can become. Kurapika was faster and smarter than Uvo and had a hatsu designed to defeat his whole crew, but more specifically if he can't beat it no one in his crew can..Kurapika's powers are Plot Induced.....Stupidity.

  6. #110
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Wow!! Slender build Kurapicka was faster than the Hulking Uvo he's sure is some speedster. So speedy he even caught the Spiders leader and could have killed him.

    Lol Chrollo's dialogue of Uvo's recklessness when fighting Conjurer's; Nor does an unsuspecting hotel black out slowing Chrollo down mean nothing to you.....Kurapicka was never strong enough to kill the Spiders head on.

    He plans and plots and maneuvers......Ya Act like the spiders are gonna sit there and get wrapped up in a chain. Ya act like everybody ain't read the same manga were Kurapicka's knew he couldn't approach them directly.

    Kurapika is 15 and?? we're not guaging his potential or debating how strong He can become. Kurapika was faster and smarter than Uvo and had a hatsu designed to defeat his whole crew, but more specifically if he can't beat it no one in his crew can..Kurapika's powers are Plot Induced.....Stupidity.
    So you are saying you know more about this story than togashi himself?
    Because what togashi wrote shows that kurapika Made uvo his little bitch, and chororo looked like a lost little puppy wrapped up in kurapikas chains

    kurapika had mercy and that is the only reason chororo lived, kurapika managed to kill two spiders and render the boss unable to use nen (for a while anyway)

    And all of this with 6 months of nen training

    kurapika > the spiders, and its not even close

    you sound like you have a personal grudge or pis plot induced sadness

    because togashi made kurapika a beast

  7. #111
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    I think people must have forgotten that according to Neon's prophecy, 6 of the Spiders are supposed to die and it's not clear if they were able to kill Kurapika in the process. Most likely not because Kuroro was told to seek the aura remover while going east, and we know he didn't find someone that could've removed aura from a dead person. Kurapika is supposed to annihliate the Spiders. He's so overpowering that he can afford to make his abilities suck and still dominate. Do people not pick up the fact that Chain Jail sucks as an ability intended to kill? As Shalunark pointed out, all you have to do is make chains paralyze on touch (much easier condition), and then he can just kill the guy while they're paralyzed and then move on to the next one. Unbreakable chain that forces zetsu is massive overkill, probably because Kurapika intended to capture the Spiders alive and question them. Otherwise he can just Chain Jail someone, punch them in the head and instantly kill them (a guy in Chain Jail can't move and is in Zetsu, so no possible way they survive that), and then repeat.

  8. #112
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    So you are saying you know more about this story than togashi himself?
    Because what togashi wrote shows that kurapika Made uvo his little bitch, and chororo looked like a lost little puppy wrapped up in kurapikas chains

    kurapika had mercy and that is the only reason chororo lived, kurapika managed to kill two spiders and render the boss unable to use nen (for a while anyway)

    And all of this with 6 months of nen training

    kurapika > the spiders, and its not even close

    you sound like you have a personal grudge or pis plot induced sadness

    because togashi made kurapika a beast
    Refrain from cursing in your post. Mod's will get involved if you continue



    Phantron,

    The Spiders have to be caught by CJ for their fates to be sealed. Kurapicka Caught Uvo in CJ due to outsmarting him and outwitting him during combat by misleading his Nen category..When that happened he already used IN on his CJ chain and connected it to Uvo......Togashi screws Uvo into not using GYO so Kurapika got a free sample on how CJ is going to work once he captures them.........Don't ignore this fact because it is a Fact this is backed up by Chrollo explaining how and why Uvo would lose and he lost exactly the way he explained.....If you ignore this fact you are just heavily biased towards Kurapika.

    The Prophecy was specific on how they died just that they died. But it was pretty clear Kurapicka was picking them off. And Hisoka was trading their abilities for Kurapick'a cooperation in helping him have an audience with the Boss.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; June 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM.

  9. #113
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Refrain from cursing in your post. Mod's will get involved if you continue



    Phantron,

    The Spiders have to be caught by CJ for their fates to be sealed. Kurapicka Caught Uvo in CJ due to outsmarting him and outwitting him during combat by misleading his Nen category..When that happened he already used IN on his CJ chain and connected it to Uvo......Togashi screws Uvo into not using GYO so Kurapika got a free sample on how CJ is going to work once he captures them.........Don't ignore this fact because it is a Fact this is backed up by Chrollo explaining how and why Uvo would lose and he lost exactly the way he explained.....If you ignore this fact you are just heavily biased towards Kurapika.

    The Prophecy was specific on how they died just that they died. But it was pretty clear Kurapicka was picking them off. And Hisoka was trading their abilities for Kurapick'a cooperation in helping him have an audience with the Boss.

    you obviously have something against kurapika, and you cannot accept that he is better than the spiders, if a 15 year old boy killing two members and disabling the boss, (with plenty of chances to kill him if he wanted to) doesnt prove he is better to you, then you are obviously biased
    Last edited by Demonspeed; June 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

  10. #114
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    That question would be easier if Kurapika goes up against a spider now. Kurapika had the advantage of suprise and deception. He fooled Uvogin into thinking he was different nen type which led him into lowering his guard. Would that work now given they know all about it now? If kurapika went straight up against Feitan would it be so one sided? Not so sure. The spiders are all realy good nen users so I wouldn't put it past them to be able to avoid it in a straight up fight.

    And little minor thing, Kurapika is 17, mostly like 18 by now.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #115
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Christ let's assume Uvo knew the chains were conjured so now he puts up Gyo. Well great, then Uvo goes 50% and Kurapica curb stomps his back and attaches his chains anyway. It wasn't even In that did him in.

    In fact the whole thing doesn't make sense. If the chains were attached at that stage, then the whole smokescreen trick shouldn't have done squat. Kurapica could've just yanked him out of the smoke and immediately activated Zetsu. His stupid ability would be more acceptable, and the entire sequence would make more sense, if the zetsu effect could only be activated after the target is wrapped up in the chain for a period of time.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #116
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    That question would be easier if Kurapika goes up against a spider now. Kurapika had the advantage of suprise and deception. He fooled Uvogin into thinking he was different nen type which led him into lowering his guard. Would that work now given they know all about it now? If kurapika went straight up against Feitan would it be so one sided? Not so sure. The spiders are all realy good nen users so I wouldn't put it past them to be able to avoid it in a straight up fight.

    And little minor thing, Kurapika is 17, mostly like 18 by now.
    He also toyed with uvo because he wanted to see his strongest attack

    he used uvo to test his abilities, that is the difference in power between the spiders and the mighty kurapika

  15. #117
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    That question would be easier if Kurapika goes up against a spider now. Kurapika had the advantage of suprise and deception. He fooled Uvogin into thinking he was different nen type which led him into lowering his guard. Would that work now given they know all about it now? If kurapika went straight up against Feitan would it be so one sided? Not so sure. The spiders are all realy good nen users so I wouldn't put it past them to be able to avoid it in a straight up fight.

    And little minor thing, Kurapika is 17, mostly like 18 by now.
    Right now? He'd instantly lose because you catch someone with Chain Jail and that guy just say, "I quit!" and Kurapika dies. Sure, Emperor Time is still pretty crazy on its own, but Kurapika is pretty obsessed with capturing the Spiders alive. If he's just trying to kill them, Emperor Time is pretty overpowering enough that he'd still have a significant edge versus anyone in the world, but Emperor Time is borderline cheating.

    ---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Christ let's assume Uvo knew the chains were conjured so now he puts up Gyo. Well great, then Uvo goes 50% and Kurapica curb stomps his back and attaches his chains anyway. It wasn't even In that did him in.

    In fact the whole thing doesn't make sense. If the chains were attached at that stage, then the whole smokescreen trick shouldn't have done squat. Kurapica could've just yanked him out of the smoke and immediately activated Zetsu. His stupid ability would be more acceptable, and the entire sequence would make more sense, if the zetsu effect could only be activated after the target is wrapped up in the chain for a period of time.
    Kurapika's far more concerned with getting his revenge in a very special way that he has decided as opposed to even winning. Like he said in the Hunter Exam, he doesn't fear death. He fears that his hatred for the Spiders will go away with time. Nothing he does is supposed to make a lot of sense if he just wants to win, but it highlights just how overpowering he is to be able to get away with very sub optimal strategy and still doing fine. Chain Jail is a terrible technique if you're trying to kill people with it.

  16. #118
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    He also toyed with uvo because he wanted to see his strongest attack

    he used uvo to test his abilities, that is the difference in power between the spiders and the mighty kurapika
    Yeah but that's because Uvo was totally unaware of Chain Jail. Kurapika had nothing to worry about because all he had to was use In and was never in doubt of losing.

  17. #119
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    Yeah but that's because Uvo was totally unaware of Chain Jail. Kurapika had nothing to worry about because all he had to was use In and was never in doubt of losing.
    Err, Ubogin said Kurapika would regret not tying him up while he had the upper hand while Ubogin was at 50%.

    So Ubogin sure is aware of how Chain Jail can be used in a combo. He probably just thought he can break out of it even if he was caught.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #120
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kurapika tank Uvogin's Big Bang Impact?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    Yeah but that's because Uvo was totally unaware of Chain Jail. Kurapika had nothing to worry about because all he had to was use In and was never in doubt of losing.
    well uvo was captured by chain jail earlier in the arc

    its his own fault for being to stupid to realize at that point, in the car that he could not use nen

    if he was better at analyzing the situation and his opponents nen ability he could have went into the fight with kurapika already knowing about chain jail

    its his own fault for not breaking it down and realizing it when he was captured initially

New Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts