Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Will Miu continue to use her newly learned Silat techniques going forward?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Miu continue to use her newly learned Silat techniques going forward?

Thanks to the Demon Fist's training and the techniques he taught her we can infer that Miu has arguably become a lot stronger than before when she got kidnapped. However, after this arc has ended and she regains her full memory(most likely case), will she even remember anything he taught her and if so does anyone think she's going to use those techniques if the Elder permits it? or is she going to revert back to using the Elder's techniques only? I want to hear everyone's opinions on this.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Miu continue to use her newly learned Silat techniques going forward?

I think she should use it at least. One thing I feel Silat has done to improve Miu's skills is that it's made her a lot more fierce and decisive. Before she fought w/ a lot of finesse and agility (and she still does now) but she lacked that straightforward ability to go in for the kill. Imo that's where Shou had her beat at the time. They could both do the high flying fancy stuff but when Shou wanted to take somebody out he was very efficient and decisive. That probably came from his karate skills. Kenichi also has that ability to be decisive and take people out. Now don't get me wrong, her Furinji style finisher is pretty deadly but that's just one technique. With Silat she has many techniques where she can put people away. Just look at how she went straight through those soldiers in an efficient manner w/out much flash. That technique she did on Kenichi last chapter was pretty brutal as well. Now she can combine the grace, speed, versatility of Furinji style with the straight forward, decisive fierceness of Silat.

Back to the point though, I think she's gradually remembering from her earliest memories so she'll probably end up remembering everything. Imo she may have a problem using Silat because she may associate it with evil and the things she did while under Jenazad's influence. I don't think the Elder would stop her from using it though because his philosophy is that it's the person who decides how a style is used and not the other way around (like he told Kenichi when he was afraid to learn Muay Thai). A good arc for Miu would be her gradually embracing Silat as a part of who she is now as she realizes it can be used for good.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I don't think she'll use the martial art but rather incorporate some movements and such into her already developed martial arts. Maybe it'll help her lose unnecessary movement, etc.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a switch to silat would not make sense at all however integrating practical points of it would make perfect sense. Penkat silat is not in itself evil, we have even seen a few fist of life guys with it (even if they killed unintentionally) so there really is no reason for elements of it to not show up every now and then.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ze3atul001's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think that she should remember them because maybe she can utilize her dou ki better. And don't forget that there is a fight waiting for her with Rimi (gothic girl), and Miu also has to improve through the story. Also the fight depends on the author but it could happen and Rimi was a little bit faster and she could be better when they meet again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really disgree with you if anything the one thats indecisive is kenichi hes even stated a dozen times that hes is bad with powerful and forceful techniques becuse hes scared of seriously hurting his opponent. Your basically saying you want miu to be more vicious and relentless like shou, however tht would bsiclly mke her satsujinken the whole ethic of katsujinken is to use only as much strength as necessary. I dont know where your getting this whole indecivesivness from theres never ever been any indication she has it only ken has been reffered to as a "slow starter" its one of the things i hate about his character it makes him seem really weak but miu has alwys been "miss. Perfection" its why jenezad took hjer

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if she doesn't use both styles (Silat & Fūrinji style) together, she should at least take some components of Silat and incorporate them into her usual fighting style to increase her abilities that would be the only smart thing to do if she doesn't choose the latter.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    I really disgree with you if anything the one thats indecisive is kenichi hes even stated a dozen times that hes is bad with powerful and forceful techniques becuse hes scared of seriously hurting his opponent. Your basically saying you want miu to be more vicious and relentless like shou, however tht would bsiclly mke her satsujinken the whole ethic of katsujinken is to use only as much strength as necessary. I dont know where your getting this whole indecivesivness from theres never ever been any indication she has it only ken has been reffered to as a "slow starter" its one of the things i hate about his character it makes him seem really weak but miu has alwys been "miss. Perfection" its why jenezad took hjer
    Miu's Furinji style is inherently flashy and doesn't get to the point often times. When I say she lacks decisiveness its really her style I'm talking about. Mentally she's a decisive fighter but her style lacks in that area. Kenichi is mentally indecisive but his style lends more to finishing the opponent in an efficient manner. And no she doesn't have to be like Shou and I didn't say vicious. lol...I said more fierce. Kenichi has done some stuff that isn't pretty to his opponents. That doesn't mean he's Satsujin. I'm more talking about fighters like Sakaki and Apachai who are dou fighters and fight w/ a lot of ferocity and efficiency but remain good at heart. You don't have to be so extreme with it.

Now just to clarify, I like Miu's furinji style and hope she keeps using it (and I know she will), but mixing some silat in there for variety can only help her growth.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenichi23 View Post
    Miu's Furinji style is inherently flashy and doesn't get to the point often times. When I say she lacks decisiveness its really her style I'm talking about. Mentally she's a decisive fighter but her style lacks in that area. Kenichi is mentally indecisive but his style lends more to finishing the opponent in an efficient manner. And no she doesn't have to be like Shou and I didn't say vicious. lol...I said more fierce. Kenichi has done some stuff that isn't pretty to his opponents. That doesn't mean he's Satsujin. I'm more talking about fighters like Sakaki and Apachai who are dou fighters and fight w/ a lot of ferocity and efficiency but remain good at heart. You don't have to be so extreme with it.

Now just to clarify, I like Miu's furinji style and hope she keeps using it (and I know she will), but mixing some silat in there for variety can only help her growth.
    Well im sure if she does mix it in it wont ever be talked about and you wont even notice so lol. And she does fight with ferocity look at her rage against jenezad? shes undoubtedly a dou style fighter im just wondering where you pick up this indecisiveness from give me an example

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner g0i5y's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure she'll mix it in and pull it out when her usual stuff isn't working.
    A cheezy smile lights up everyone's day!

New Reply