Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

4 2.76%
  • 2 (Average)

9 6.21%
  • 3 (Good)

40 27.59%
  • 4 (Great!)

73 50.34%
  • 5 (Epic!)

16 11.03%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

3 2.07%
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 658 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 658 Discussion / 659 Prediction

I understood of that line that it would be troublesome to explain why they killed other marines, actually. But that is also possible now that I give it a thought.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    M can control poisoned gas (with or without DF). The gas from 4 years ago was already gone 2 years ago when the admirals fought.
    We don't know that for sure. It looks more like a liquid logia than gaz. And he ask others to use poison gaz on Smoker ship, he don't do it himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

We do know that at some point of time vegapunk was doing experiments with DF... so he must have done something to grant DF powers without a DF and thus resulting in permanent transformation (partial or full) /// giraffe, leopard, bird... these are dfs we have already seen... also in that manner we can associate the samurais condition as to be the result of buggy type DF exposure ... anyways .. just a wild theory (since lot of wild theories are converting from past some chapters...)

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member c0nflikt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have a few predictions, I think 'M' is one of the convicts who escaped from ID. He could easily do so if he is a logia, and he seems like a science type who just wants to chill on his deserted island and do experiments. The kids in the biscuit room could be his tribute to Big Mum, and he could reallign himself to luffy, and end up not getting troll stomped by the SHs.

I think he was in his Logia form cause they don't have to breathe in that form, thus no need for one of those suits. I am guessing the air on the island is somehow bad for you, I hope not. But the guys wearing hazmat suits is strange.

I hope all the weirdness on the island is naturally occuring and not some result of an experiment, oda made the centaurs species of zoans we've seen already to let us know they aren't zoans.

I kinda forsee no big fight between PH forces and Luffy, but rather a Luffy vs smoker fight and the SHs pawn the kids off on smoker while Luffy claims this island as his territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Character
    Constantine Woe • Captain • Juggernaut Pirates • Markswoman/Inventorr
    • Bounty :0 • SD Earned : 200 • Beli : 53,687,500 • L : Grand Line
    Strength: 50 | Speed: 50 | Stamina: 30 | Accuracy: 102 | Fortune: 58

Check out my blog!
    Twitter: @CorpseMoney

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

great chapter!

a lovely balance of comedy, tragedy and mystery. only Oda could pull that off!

it seems that these kids were brought to Punk Hazard and the samurai-head's situation suggests that these kids were possibly abducted just like his son. i don't get why though, at first i thought it could be like an X-men academy with kids with special powers. but from this chapter they seem very "normal" i.e. they seemed helpless and terrified.

i wonder how long these kids have been on the island? i mean they all seem to be pretty young. the "accident" was 4 years ago, so some of these kids must have been babies back then.

i wonder what illness they suffered from? perhaps they were fooled by M into thinking that they were sick, when in fact they weren't and were being used for something else.

i'm getting fisher tiger vibes here, where he saved the slaves from Mariejois. the straw hats can be the legendary pirate crew that save these kids!

so it's confirmed that M is not vegapunk nor law so who can he be?
    i'm gonna go ahead and guess that M is some kind of glue logia. which may explain all the hybrids on the island. it's kind of odd that he's just some kind of blob floating around, why isn't he (she?) in a more human form?

so we have the mugiwaras in two groups plus brooke on the sunny,
    we have M and his cronies
    we have all these crazy hybrid creatures
    we have smoker
    and we may have an unknown shichibukai all crammed on one island.

is Oda gonna introduce us to some evil new branch of the government? or perhaps some rogue scientific project gone wrong?
    so many questions, we haven't had an arc this mysterious in a while. i'm loving every second of it!
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Oda how you troll us xD He was going through the tread laughing at ' the duel was 2 years ago the time doesn't match' comments.

What's with Nami, she usually the voice of reason in dangerous situations. Then again SHs don't have to run away like they did in the past ^^

EDIT: could somebody tell me what happened to Perona's feet on the cover? :/ Is this scanlator's joke?
    Last edited by natli; February 29, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great chapter. I liked that it gave us lots of info . Totally didn't expected that the island being the way it is was due to the fight between Akainu and Aokiji .Well i think in a way that failed experiment of Vegapunk must have contributed as well to the damage to some extent , if you ask me more than the fight

Now about that M dude . Hmm i don't know if he's Magellan like some of you think.I mean can a logia stay in that state how much he pleases without materialize himself ? I like Ero-Sanji's prediction about that M being a failed experiment that has a grudge against Vegapunk or something. Magellan didn't seem like that kind of guy . A guy who is so merciless as to use children for experimentation plus he didn't seem that bright either so i doubt he's M .
    Overall it was a nice chapter , and again i liked that it had funny parts as well. Oda sure knows how to balance things out . Also liked to find out that Franky did a good job developing Vegapunk's research and make such good use of it . Nice job man

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post

On the funny side, I wonder what the children would have say if Brook had come along.
    Well i'm sure they would have been shocked at 1st seeing Brook but as we saw it they seem to get used to strange things pretty quick , this kinda reminds me of Caimie , she also was shocked pretty easily and then get over it in mere seconds

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Ch 658 Discussion, Ch 659 predictions

Whoa, called it, I so called it... The island was created due to a devil fruit battle, after it was destroyed by a failed government experiment! I understand how strong admiral Aokiji and Akainu are, but to think their powers have such a lasting impact, is amazing. Well at least we now have a shadow of Luffy's newest enemy, the so called 'master' that's pushing around the gas men. They referred to their leader as 'master' and and spoke of Vegapunk informally, so we can conclude that they are not the same person. I don't remember which Straw hat member mentioned that 'there are children of smaller size', but we can affirm from that that they are not all giants. And finally, that they were brought there to deal with a sickness but we know they are not sick anymore, as one of the giant girls noted. My hypothesis is that they are being used for experiments, like the centaur who have numbers on their bodies.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 29, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 658 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    well that seems pretty awesome...

vegapunk...

akainu v. aokiji...

...oda made a mistake saying 4 years earlier I guess
    No mistakes from Oda. Misreading here. To make it clear: here he had written about that incident 4 years ago. Now we know it is an incident caused for some experiment by Vegapunk. Wikia already includes the cronology and facts of Punk Hazard.

Wouldnt it be possible that there were three rivals on previos fight: shishibukai vs M boss vs Samurai?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

No misreading either it was just not fully explained with the spoilers we had at that time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. Yeah, I have some questions about the time line too, but I just need to re-read some chapters. Yeah, I think M might be a gas logia. There are many types of gases and he can probably use all of them. Sort of the way Magellan used different types of poison.

I think that Smoker and company will battle with the PH guys first and the Strawhats will battle the PH guys too. Then after that the Strawhats and the marines will have a brief fight until something random breaks it up.

On a side note, I'm surprised they did a cover story on Thriller Bark. It's not like we haven't seen Perona since the time skip.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter

The children freaking out over franky robo, chopper showing off some more kung fu, which is surprisingly spry for its shape, Luffy new centaur pals, robin dark humor, and brook's ridiculousness.
    Animal Human Hybrids Thriller Bark seem to be the theme here
    If aokiji and akainu fight does that will half an island be shiny for years after a all out Kizaru fight .

Discoveries:
    - Master seem to be a poison vapor guy

- someone has the ability sever human and animals for their body and not kill them, then re assemble them to make hybrid

- so either M is a brilliant scientist (possibly vegapunks old assistant or experiment) or he working with someone that can produce these results.

- 2 flashback to look forward too, the incident of vegapunk in which we might finally get a glimpse of the what he looked like 4 years ago and fight between akainu and aokiji

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a good thing they went to the fire side first or Luffy wouldn't have met Leggy, that's freaking hilarious.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to whoever moved me here... whenever I put One Piece into the search bar this chat didn't appear, so foolishly I had thought no one had created it, and posted my own thread. Augh, I can't wait to see where this is going, Oda's build up is so exciting. I'm surprised rather that Luffy didn't rush over to the ice side as soon as he learned his friends were caught. His old self would have forsaken the thought of eating dragon meat and thoughtlessly jump into battle, is this a sign of maturity?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter was great.
    I think the timeline is like this
    -4 years ago vegapunk had failed a chemical experiment which caused the island to be abandoned. Because it had no residence it had aokiji staged their fight there and sometime (most likely) between those two years the CC had set up their organization.

My theory is that the CC was not part of the world government because if they were I dont think killing some marines would cause them to be in trouble. It feels like they are trying to hide something and are trying to be undercover so they are not doing anything to attract attention. They seem really knowledgable about the pasifistas and vegapunks technology so they must have some kind of connection with him be it subordinates or experiments. As for 'M' my bet is that he ate the mizu mizu no mi to me it just looks like water but thats just my two cents.

EDIT:
    I just noticed that on page 14 last panel brook is drinking tea from a cup with his jolly roger
    Last edited by meepers4982; February 29, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast