Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trafalgar Law a Shichibukai?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner karamm's Avatar
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

Trafalgar Law a Shichibukai?

After reading the last 2 chapters I am almost certain that the Shichibukai the samurai legs was talking about is Law.
    When I first saw the lower half of the samurai I immediately thought that it resembles what Law is capable of.

The samurai face and the legs could be father and son, since they have to be related somehow. The face is looking for his son and the legs seems to be looking for a Shichibukai..perhaps the one that cut him in half.

Or could it be that Law cut the samurai to test his skills when he first got to the New World, since he and his crew didnt rush into the New World like the rest of the Super Novas.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trafalgar Law a Shichibukai?

I absolutely can't refute that it appears law is the boss of Punk Hazard. There is no doubt that the samurai legs look like the work of his devil fruit power. But I still do not think Law is the culprit. Mutilating samurai and kidnapping Strawhats is the work of a bad guy, all of his prior actions suggest that Law would be a friend, not an enemy. At the moment predicting that Law is the culprit is the most reasonable guess. But I still think it will be someone else, possibly doflamingo.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally thought this too actually after reading this chapter but it seems kind-of strange that law should be on punk hazard. If the Mugiwaras are going to face of with a supernova I would've thought that it would happen later in the story. Ooh! another thing to consider is that law has the smiley logo on his shirt, like doflamingo. Maybe the smilies gravitate towards shichibukai positions?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrTeatime's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I absolutely can't refute that it appears law is the boss of Punk Hazard. There is no doubt that the samurai legs look like the work of his devil fruit power. But I still do not think Law is the culprit. Mutilating samurai and kidnapping Strawhats is the work of a bad guy, all of his prior actions suggest that Law would be a friend, not an enemy. At the moment predicting that Law is the culprit is the most reasonable guess. But I still think it will be someone else, possibly doflamingo.
    Perhaps it is all a little bit more complicated.
    The big boss of PH could be this stranger "M" - who may or may not be the shichibukai.
    As far as i remember - it is stated that the samurai's son were kidnapped - but not that he was kidnapped by the shichibukai.
    Perhaps Law was simply passing by, perhaps he is following WG orders.

It looks like Laws ability, if it is not him, then Oda has plagiated himself. And as far as i know - we do not know wether or wether not the different parts of the people that Law "cuts" can talk.

And mutilating people and leaving them sounds just like Law to me - not sadistic and evil , but selfish and efficient.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Law is actually selfish though? He saved Luffy's life after the war, taking him onto his ship in the middle of the battle, immediately preforming an emergency operation. Taking Luffy on board represented immediate, mortal danger for Law and his crew, they were now harboring a fugitive from the battlefield and one being pursued by Admirals. Luffy is also a rival, another high bounty pirate seeking One Piece. Saving his life was not in Law's best interest, quite the opposite, he could have allowed a dangerous rival to die. Instead he intervened in the war and saved the life of a potential enemy.

At what point has Law actually been showing doing anything evil, something that would imply a wiliness to dismember samurai? The only time he was shown fighting was at Sabaody, when he was defending himself against the Marines. If his actions at Sabaody are evil, than Luffy is equally evil.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Law is actually selfish though? He saved Luffy's life after the war, taking him onto his ship in the middle of the battle, immediately preforming an emergency operation. Taking Luffy on board represented immediate, mortal danger for Law and his crew, they were now harboring a fugitive from the battlefield and one being pursued by Admirals. Luffy is also a rival, another high bounty pirate seeking One Piece. Saving his life was not in Law's best interest, quite the opposite, he could have allowed a dangerous rival to die. Instead he intervened in the war and saved the life of a potential enemy.

At what point has Law actually been showing doing anything evil, something that would imply a wiliness to dismember samurai? The only time he was shown fighting was at Sabaody, when he was defending himself against the Marines. If his actions at Sabaody are evil, than Luffy is equally evil.
    Well, whats so evil about dimembering a samurai and leaving him in a heap? We dont know anything about the reasons for that fight. And its not as if OP is not full of caraters with good and bad sides

I didnt mean to imply that he was any more or less selfish than other pirates, none wich is egalitarian utilitarists - just that it to me looks like a credible move from his caracter. Those marines were not evil - just in the wrong place at the wrong time, He and luffy slaugtherd/crushed them nonetheless, not evil but hardly benevolent or strategically sound.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

There are clearly "evil" characters in One Piece: Blackbeard, Hodi Jones, and Crocodile come immediately to mind. Gecko Moria was not exactly pure of heart. Kidd has been shown to have quite a wicked streak. There is a relatively clear line between "good" and "evil" characters, whether pirates or marines. The actions of "good guys" such as Luffy, Garp, or Aokiji are generally guided by a personal sense of justice and loyalty towards friends. The actions of evil characters such as Blackbeard and Crocodile are generally selfish, greedy, and show no loyalty to allies. Coming to Luffy's aid during the war makes Law a clear cut good guy, a friend of Luffy's. Good guys in the One Piece universe never build bases on abandoned government facilities and never kidnap members of another crew. If the Samurai were the evil ones, Oda would already have let the audience know. The Strawhats might not, but we would. Unless Oda decided to sharply rewritten Law without any foreshadowing, the events at Punk Hazard would most definitely be out of character.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

There are clearly "evil" characters in One Piece: Blackbeard, Hodi Jones, and Crocodile come immediately to mind. Gecko Moria was not exactly pure of heart. Kidd has been shown to have quite a wicked streak. There is a relatively clear line between "good" and "evil" characters, whether pirates or marines. The actions of "good guys" such as Luffy, Garp, or Aokiji are generally guided by a personal sense of justice and loyalty towards friends. The actions of evil characters such as Blackbeard and Crocodile are generally selfish, greedy, and show no loyalty to allies. Coming to Luffy's aid during the war makes Law a clear cut good guy, a friend of Luffy's. Good guys in the One Piece universe never build bases on abandoned government facilities and never kidnap members of another crew. If the Samurai were the evil ones, Oda would already have let the audience know. The Strawhats might not, but we would. Unless Oda decided to sharply rewritten Law without any foreshadowing, the events at Punk Hazard would most definitely be out of character.
    As far as we know, the shichibukai mentioned may or may not be connected with the kidnappings.

I do not understand why either the samurai or the shichibukai (given how little we know) would have to be "evil" - the moral grey areas are the very reason that OP is a readable manga (the humor makes it great).
    Personally, I hope that Law is shown to be more of a complex and interesting caracter - we do not know much about him, and we do not yet know the reasons for him saving luffy.

Finally - we clearly have different definitions of evil and good - I do not se Aokiji as very good, nor BB as an ultimate evil. Lets not go there.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The samurai might also be Buggy.
    We already know 99% that he's a shichibukai.
    And being cut in piece and being able to live is basically the ony thing that makes Buggy strong.

He might have found a way to cut people like that using his DF.
    Maybe it's just one of his new technique or something...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

actually,things make me think that law is surely the shichibukai culprit of what happened to that/those samurai. now his sentence about "the position he needed" makes really sense!
    about what Kaiten said,that is Law is the Boss of PH,I doubt that,I rather think Law did that while he was passing through that island,he came across with the samurai who had just killed pirates,and then was attacked. after that he went away. but seriously,the Marines can't moor there,therefore I don't think a shichibukai lives there.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Kaiten on this. For all intents and purposes Law is a good guy, despite his eerie nickname. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would go and needlessly cut someone up just to test his skills. He's been shown to be quite the opposite actually; calm and collected. Now if he was attacked first, then it's a completely different thing altogether.
    But for some reason, he also doesn't strike me as someone who would take orders from the government/marines.

The only one among the supernovas who, to me, would do something like that to purely "test" his skills would be Kidd. But I hardly belive he's capable of performing such a feat.

I agree that as of right now, Law is the most reasonable culprit. But I don't think he's the only individual in the One Piece world capable of doing something like this. I don't know why I think that and I can't back it up either, it's just what I think. There's a lot of devil fruit powers we haven't seen yet.
    Last edited by Shinobuden; February 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the lower torso referred to the Shichibukai in question as "foolish Schichibukai" and I'm not sure who would refer to Law as being foolish. Law could however be passing through as mentioned above, which would explain how the samurai got chopped up. First we should analyse all the current known Shichibukai. Then if it isn't a known Shichibukai we would have to determine who is popular enough to be a Shichibukai but also someone who wouldn't be taken too seriously in a real battle in the New World. Obviously Buggy comes to mind, but who else? Unless a new character is introduced I can't think of anyone, so I'll babble about a few things that might help us figure out if Law is on the island and if he's a Shichibukai. I think the first thing we should agree on is that if a Shichibukai is there, he was either sent there, or is stationed there as a base of operations. Punk hazard has been deseret for four years, so that's ample time before and after the timeskip to become occupied again.

Current Shichibukai are:

1. Don Flamingo - Specific skills capable of cutting? Yes.
    Foolish? No, but enjoys tricking opponents, cruel.
    Likely to have a secret operation? Maybe.

2. Dracule Mihawk- Specific skills capable of cutting? Yes.
    Foolish? No.
    Likely to have a secret operation? No, we already know of one of his bases and he works alone.

3. Boa Hancock - Specific skills capable of cutting? No.
    Foolish? A little.
    Likely to have a secret operation? No, she has an island she rules.

4. Bartholemu Kuma - Specific skills capable of cutting? No?
    Foolish? He's a machine.
    Likely to have a secret operation? Yeah, he slowly became a secret cyborg, but wrong type of operation.

5. Moria - Cut? No.
    Foolish? Kinda.
    Likely to have a secret operation? Yeah, but probably not so soon.

Of the known Shichibukai only Don Flamingo is a possibiltiy because he can cut things to an unknown degree, he can control others, he's mischevious, and those baby giants could be slaves (stretching here) and he's the only Shichibukai that's been around long enough to set everything up so nicely.

Now as for Buggy, he is foolish and he does have an appropriate DF power if it got upgraded. Everyone got an upgrade, so why not Buggy? If he has determined a way to inflict his ability on others it would make since. There are some things that bother me however. Buggy doesn't have a bounty, and hasn't done anything to be recognized by the government to become a Shichibukai. The WG didn't advertise what happened at Impel Down and the only pirates that respect him were the ones that escaped, plus he had a really, really low bounty. However maybe if everyone did know he served on Roger's ship there's a chance.

Next is Law, which is the main reason I'm posting to this thread. Can he cut? Yes, and his ability does allow the cutting to exactly match that shown with the one or perhaps two shown cut up Samurai. He had a large enough bounty, and even perhaps enough noteriety. Serious questions have to be asked however. Is Law passing through the island or stationed there? If Law is stationed there why would he be holding giant babies captives? Does he intend to experiment on anyone? Hasn't he waited around long enough to enter deeper into the new world? If he's passing through why didn't his crew handle the samurai? Why would Law want to become a Shichibukai? In the NW titles don't mean shit unless you are a Yonkou. The only reason would be if he needed resources that the government had. He doesn't need Seastone because his submarine already has some way of avoiding Sea Kings. The only thing I can think of is that he needed a base of operations to experiment, but then why wouldn't he experiement with the guy(s) he cut up and left?

Last theory on what's going on in Punk Hazard: It's a brand new Shichibukai that hasn't been introduced. There's two open positions assuming the WG didn't want to broadcast that Moria resigned. Moria I think is quite likely to continue using the perks of being a Shichibukai as long as possible but still, 2-3 openings to fill in 2 years, that should be easy.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

a possible idea i have for why law would become a shichibukai: he wants to meet vegapunk or the marine wants him to work with him so that the "genius engineer" and the "witch doctor" with both their special abilites can create something new and powerful. so far a lot of stuff gives to reason that the island has something to do with vegapunk and also law (the people "collecting" sanji and co.) and the people cut apart and attached to inanimate objects (laws DF power). maybe both are experimenting togheter or atleast law is working with vegapunks ressources and because whatever is going on is sanctioned by the WG no marine is allowed there without authorization.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

IT cant be Buggy, the fact that his powers have grown itself is flawed, he will always remain a weakling..
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Will he? That's up to discussion somewhere else, but the problem stays, that he's a paramecia DF user, he can't expand his powers to other characters.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast