Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Possible new creatures that might apear in the New World!!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Possible new creatures that might apear in the New World!!

Okay so till now in just a few chapters we already met a dragon and a bird woman (possibly a harpy like some think).

I personally would like to see more such things , like mythical creatures and it's a fact that Oda likes to introduce in his story this types of creatures (we had even a Kraken ) .

So what surprises do you think Oda has prepared for us in the future? You're free to come up with the most crazy creatures/animals(don't know how to name them) you might think of

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible new creatures that might apear in the New World!!

We yet have to see the rest of the races mentioned on the Human Auctioning House slave price list, that is, Dwarfs, Minks and Snakenecks.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm yeah those are interesting races but we already know about them from that list so i was thinking of other possibilities.
    For example i would like to see a unicorn , griffins or medussa And i would like if those weren't exactly related to DF , just like in the Kraken and Dragon's case

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw a review of the latest One Piece chapters on youtube and it said that Punk Hazard was an island that reminded him of the book The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Welles, not my favorite author(), but I really think that the reviewer was right that Punk Hazard might be based on this island, maybe even the arc is based on the book. I expect things from mythology to sci-fi actually a nice little blend, and we are certainly having that. More fantastical creatures is my preference though, sort of as a reminder of Berserk.
    Last edited by Josef K.; February 16, 2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you not like H.G.Wells?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I was actually thinking... In Enel's cover arc, we got to see aliens on the moon... I wonder if the NW is crazy enough for Oda to include other aliens? Punk Hazard seems to be themed with Mythological creatures, and we've already had some under-sea and sky-island adventures, so i wonder where else Oda can draw inspiration from? After all, the NW world is getting a lot of hype for being supposedly so much more different from the Old World, which has already been proven to be mythical compared to the North, South, East, West Blues. We also have a Samurai island coming up, and potentially the Giant's Island. Maybe he'll have a witch/wizard themed island so provide a source of power that is non-devil fruit? Or an island populated by robots, because it's not like Franky is enough!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it would be nice . LOL seeing your post i can already see a DF user(it would be more nice ) on a flying broom showing up in the upcoming chapters

But i'm really looking forward to see what types of creatures will Oda show us next . I reall wanna see some griffins But having witches and such can also turn up interesting and since we're talking about the NW i don't exculde that from happening .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

i would like to see some sorts of thunderbird that will shit lightnings and fart thunders that only lufy can ride it.

that would add certan dose of awesomnes to luffys apereance
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    i would like to see some sorts of thunderbird that will shit lightnings and fart thunders that only lufy can ride it.

that would add certan dose of awesomnes to luffys apereance
    Oh thunderbird , i like it ....well except with the "shit and fart part" . I would like to see such a bird Luffy would practically drool seeing it and not only of its awesomness but also imagining it grilled or something

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

grilled lightning!!! shockingly tasty!!!

my first idea was parrot that ate thunderbird zoan, who sits on the shoulder and transforms, i mean whats pirate without parrot?? but then why does everything needs to revolve around DF!!! so simple plain old thunderbird will doo
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I made the prediction that there'd be a thunderbird mythical zoan some time ago in the possible devil fruits thread. I have copyrights to it

As for new creatures that might appear in the New World. I think Treefolk are possible. I can see them appearing in a forest or perhaps an actual forest Island, similar to the lightning Island.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i want a viking. dwarves. elvens and japanese mythological characters like tengu. and since enel was inspired from raijin...i want a character inspired from fujin which practically got powers of wind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're will be a race of bear people like Bepo in Law's group and the bear with the funky shades in big moms.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If we ever see Mariejois, or to be more precise, the inside of a tenryuubito's house, I bet we will see a whole bunch of interesting pets and slaves, they seem like the kind of people who like to collect cool things.

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    For example i would like to see a unicorn , griffins or medussa And i would like if those weren't exactly related to DF , just like in the Kraken and Dragon's case
    I think Boa and her sisters are the closest thing to Medusa that we will get, weren't they even referred to as the Gorgon Sisters? Most of the cool mythological creatures that appear seem to be related to DFs somehow, although admittedly, Gan Fall's Pegasus and all the creatures on Punk Hazard are the only examples I can think of. I don't think unicorns are out of the question though, maybe some princess in the New World will have one or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    As for new creatures that might appear in the New World. I think Treefolk are possible. I can see them appearing in a forest or perhaps an actual forest Island, similar to the lightning Island.
    Treefolk would be interesting, but I'm not expecting them until much later in the story. If Oda follows the traditional approach toTreefolk, then they will be very very old and will no doubt be able to shed some light on the blank century, and I don't think Oda wants to reveal that until closer to the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear3rdBlunts View Post
    I think they're will be a race of bear people like Bepo in Law's group and the bear with the funky shades in big moms.
    After seeing Pekoms, I am quite certain that there will be at least one island of animal people.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd already written something here,maybe it has been deleted . btw,some strange creatures will be seen in Big Mam's crew. we have already seen a long-leg man (the opposite of Apoo's "race"),and maybe those creatures responsible for the Florian accidents.

New Reply