Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Old or New Kaito?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Kaito

25 64.10%
  • New Kaito

14 35.90%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 337 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 337 Spoiler thread

Decent chapter this week. The whole art thing doesn't bother me because Togashi redraws the crappy art chapters for the volume releases.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'd be inclined to agree, if it wasn't for the fact that we won't see the volume release of this chapter for a while and I don't want to wait that long to read it. I will admit I prefer it like that then the way Celestial tower looks in the volume releases. Its just a blast from the past I didn't want compared to how good this arc has looked up to this point.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; February 22, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no, again with the crappy art...I hope is like this only beacuse it envolves the ant arc...the election arc is well drew, but what will happens next? where is leorio??? it's going to be again a secondary character?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think theres a lot that's going to happen in the next few chapters. Now we have a idea on how Kaito was a girl, and a time skip may be coming but not until another 3 chapters i believe.

The editors give Togashi a lot of leeway, haha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a very informative chapter. And it foreshadowed, that the 5000 hybrid ants will be more human then ants, according to the Koala ant. Now, that Gon is alone, I also think that we might have a timeskip too. But after we got some news on Kurapica's whereabouts. The art doesn't bother me that much, I'm already used to Togashi's sketchy artwork (end of Greed Island).

Credits:Shinsatsu

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    I'm starting to worry, from reading the next chapter's title..It's scaring, I feel like the story is at an end, if though I 've convinced myself many times before...It's not ending, welll we will see..I really don't it is, there are still somethings to see, like...where the heck kurapicka?
    Even though there seems ta be a lot to the world such as Kurapica, the next chapter did give a sense that they are going to have a time skip that may end up concluding the series soon. I did enjoy the chapter it was pretty simple but it seemed more focused on the Koala rather then Gon and kaito, there encounter didn't even seem that long or memorable it was just him going I was right you were strong and I know I can rely on you in the future.

Perhaps it won't end soon and they are just doing a time skip, but it definitely does seem like a time skip I see the next chapter starting off with Gon maybe 18/20 as he makes his way up the tree or just as he arrives to see his father waiting their for him or maybe no one with just another message. I do hope we'll see something from kurapica soon and his story isn't left untold. It would be disappointing if we never got a resolution from his plot line.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I DEEPLY love the New Kaito. All the look was perfect.

And I like the new style Togashi is heading to. Reminds me a lot to some other series, a black girl with a little one in Brazil. Can't remember the name of the series, but the opening had an amazing jazz song.
    Even if the drawing was just lazy, the style is interesting. I don't know if I'm clear with this, but the drawn of Kaito and Gon is not the same as before. It has a different dimension, a deeper one.

Story wise, perfect. I enjoyed a lot this chapter.

I can't deny this chapter was extremely sketchy to my taste. I deeply hope the volume version has way more detail.

Next chapter is what I really wonder about.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 337 Discussion / 338 Predictions

Liked this chapter alot. Let me say i was really happy/relieved that Kaito is somewhat his old self again personality wise, i really like his character more now, i was afraid he'd act like a little girl as we've seen him before playing with swords and toys around him.

Was the world tree mentioned before in the manga? i don't remember it at all.

lol Uriel already colored a pic of new kaito

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the series is not that close to an end, i think it's towards more of the middle of the story, if you can say that. The art doesn't really bother me but i'm pretty sure they'll be a bit more cleaned up when the volumes come out. From the looks of this chapter i can see the plot thickening and the story progressing in a good way.

The Koalaman story put more specificty to how ant chimeras work and technically how Kaito got his body but at the same time he's suprised that Kaito was the one with the body. Good chapter overall. =[]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the chap. Looks like Kaito's new ant body matured pretty fast, for last time we saw him (before the begining of the entire election/alluka arc) he was still a little girl. And calling a she him, and vice versa, is starting to get on my nerves; damn you Trollgashi! =.='
    BTW, I know I read this somewhere (can't remember exactly where, though), but some people got confused by the story told by the koala ant. It's just that Kaito is now in the "body" of the red-haired girl the koala killed; so no, there aren't 2 souls into her body, just Kaito's. Interesting to note that the whole chapter was focused on explaining something really nice (besides highlighting Gon-Kaito's meeting): how the ants got their memories from their "past" life after being reborn (or reprocessed would fit better?) and how it affected them. Hopefully there will be more ant related things in the future, though I may be the only one around here who would enjoy such a thing... >_>
    I also liked how ended up the conversation between Gon and Kaito. It stayed true to their characters, particularly that of Kaito, and I still hope for him to appear more times in the future. Specially in a gaiden of his own! ^^ (daydreaming mode on )
    As for the art, I could care less. Though it's always nice to see Togashi's drawings in their finnest forms, nothing beats my mind in the way of picturing things and filling the gaps of an apparently poored draw chapter. =D
    Last edited by heron bpv; February 22, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

GET AN ASSISTANT, bloody hell

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope you're not alone, i like how the ant arc is related to alot of plot points in the manga and not just an isolated arc by it's own like some claim, till now we keep getting more and more chapters that show how much that arc affects the entire manga.

About the editor's comment on the last page "Ging and Gon with many years of time passed" i wonder if he's referring to the years spent from the time Gon went to take the hunter exam till now or does it mean next chapter is a post time skip one..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter X Hunter ending now would be ultimately worse then Yu Yu Hakusho's abrupt ending. So let's all try to hope for the best and assume this manga really is going to continue for at least another full year.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hunter View Post
    Nope you're not alone, i like how the ant arc is related to alot of plot points in the manga and not just an isolated arc by it's own like some claim, till now we keep getting more and more chapters that show how much that arc affects the entire manga.

About the editor's comment on the last page "Ging and Gon with many years of time passed" i wonder if he's referring to the years spent from the time Gon went to take the hunter exam till now or does it mean next chapter is a post time skip one..
    Yeah, actually most of his arcs were connected in a sense. Togashi is a great writer nonetheless, and that's why i believe the editors give him a lot of leeway. As for the time skip, i don't think it's going to happen yet. I think it's just another way of saying they're finally gonna have a real talk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The generic blurb at the end seems to indicate the next time Gin and Gon meet will be many years in the future which sounds like it's ending soon. That said, the ending blurb has been shown to be wrong before, and I guess even if they skipped 15 years or whatever it doesn't necessarily mean the story comes to an end, but it sure looks likely.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast