Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Old or New Kaito?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Kaito

25 64.10%
  • New Kaito

14 35.90%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 337 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 337 Discussion / 338 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I agree with you. But I think Togashi has already explained what Killua will do from now on, that is to keep Alluka from any possible danger. I'd rather have Kurapica or Leorio being the main characters from now. Or Togashi could show us a timeskip from Leorio's perspective, while he is still studying in becoming a doctor and thus showing us his progress as a Hunter, while the other three remain "silent"...
    From the looks of it i don't think Killua's situation was left off finished. We know that he wants to protect Alluka but it left off where there was no sort of initial transition to running away or staying where he's at. We could assume that Illumi might go after him but where it left off didn't make it obvious. Seeing Leorio jack-off at some points of the story would be interesting. But yeah seeing it from the other protagonists point of view wouldn't be so bad.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i re-read the earlier chapter (chapter 188-200 to be precise) and noted that there in chapter 189, the koala picture came right after Kite picture. ironic? well wait till you check out the dialog made by the koala after killing the guy with a tree trunk in his hand. just lol by togashi.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Submarine's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

A time skip plot device would be a cop-out, an unfair one at that, because Hunter x Hunter readers stood by the title despite delayed chapters and long periods of hiatus on the mangaka's part. While some signs suggest that the arc (if not the whole series) is about to end, Togashi has too many loose ends to tie up. Looking at it from a commercial perspective, ending the manga soon would be impractical, given that there's an anime remake out right now.

I also feel like we're reading in between lines here, considering that Togashi doesn't establish clear links between the Koala ant's conversation with the new Kaito and everything that transpired in the last 2-3 arcs. The way the conversation played out had a tone of finality and acceptance to it, which is probably why many readers are assuming this is meant to be a resolution of sorts. I actually think there's potential for new material here, because it would be interesting to see how the new Kaito will interact with characters she has previously known, especially Ging. Will Kaito lead the ants and become a new opponent?

The gender change doesn't bother me either, I think too many HxH fans are so rigid when it comes to gender identity (just look at those endless debates on Kurapica's gender) and I think we just need to get over it. Gender is fluid.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Gender is not fluid, gender is a social illusion of a biological variation.

Anyway, I'm surprised for the lack of faith on Togashi to handle a timeskip and how many of you think things are ending. The arc is ending, for sure, and it's giving a right closure for the ant which led some loose stuff around. Now we know about those and can be happy about it.

BTW, it's interesting that every time that Togashi does a chapter with an ant in it it's sketchy. It's the curse of that arc xD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6