Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Will the proposal be a success?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - GO HIRAMARU.

8 61.54%
  • No - REJECTED.

1 7.69%
  • No - He's got no ring. D:

1 7.69%
  • No - Ferris wheel is out of order (comedy option)

3 23.08%
New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol. 18 (chapter 152 - chapter 160) Discussion

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman Vol. 18 (chapter 152 - chapter 160) Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 151 Discussion / 152 Predictions

152 scan
    Last edited by alphabeta; October 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 152 Spoiler Thread

I can't wait for the Eng release!
    It seems like they didn't win... damn it! They names they're manga REVERSI ?? Very clever!!!

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Asahina; October 21, 2011 at 04:09 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

spoiler translation
    Yamahisa: "What's all the noise about?"
    Miura: "Ashirogi-kun's already finished drawing the name of their new one-shot."
    Kosugi: "It's very interesting~"

Word has spread around the editorial department regarding Eiji and Ashirogi Muto's one-shots. Ashirogi's one-shot is called REVERSI, whereas Eiji's is called ZOMBIE GUN. Reversi is getting praised quite a bit. With Yamahisa summarizing it as Ashirogi-kun has left the good points of non-mainstream in a battle manga. Yoshida notes how each character has been written to suit their position nicely.

Yoshida: "Whether it's the black demon or the white demon, they both don't know they're just tools being used to wipe out mankind when they're using the demon's powers. The purpose of giving the power to brainwash to the black demon is to use dictatorship to destroy mankind....." [another parallel to Kira and his "king of the new world" plan in DN]

He also points out how this time it's not just a non-mainstream battle manga but it'll become a mainstream battle manga. Then Miura points out this time around, Eiji has used a zombie as the main character and it has battles with humans, you can say it's a mainstream battle manga with non-mainstream elements slipped in.

And then when their fingers touch each other, they comment how they've both grown; Ashirogi evolving their non-mainstream into mainstream battle, and Eiji integrating non-mainstream within his mainstream battle.

Heishi: "I NOW INTERRUPT THIS CIRCLE JERK DISCUSSION TO TELL EVERYBODY TO STFU AND GET ME A 3RD ONE-SHOT FOR THE MEETING AND A CUP OF COFFEE D<" *

[* not exact words, but thought his interruption for more one-shots was hilarious]

But everybody's like "f'k that, nothing will be better than those two". Lmao.

After the one-shot meeting, it's decided Zombie Gun will be published in the 20th issue, while Reversi will be in the week after.

Later on, Hattori lets Takagi and Mashiro know the good news. And respectively, Yuujiro lets Eiji know as well.

Yuujiro: "It's been decided Zombie Gun will be in the 20th issue"
    Eiji: "Roggger, the first step to being #1 in the world has been taken!"
    Yuujiro: "I should tell you this as well, but the week after your one-shot will be Ashirogi-kun's one-shot"
    Eiji: "Oh really? I'm looking forward to reading Ashirogi-sensei's one-shot."
    Yuujiro: "This time, it's a mainstream battle manga"
    Eiji: "It's not dark...?"
    Yuujiro: "Nope, rather, it's going to be a dark mainstream battle manga"
    Eiji: "Well done, Ashirogi Muto." "Well done, a dark mainstream battle manga!"

[insert scene of Hiramaru and Yoshida here which I'm not translating because it's boring this week =/ ]

And there's a missing page in Alphabeta's link btw, where Azuki texts Mashiro letting him know she just received a main character role for a soccer anime [why does the name remind me of Inuzama 11?!] http://www.wimanhua.com/ComicData/24446/index_10.html

Mashiro's a little down initially because she's one step ahead in that she's already gotten a main character role, but he's happy for her as well and texts back with words of encouragement, congrats, and stuff.

Ashirogi and Eiji work hard on finishing up their one-shots. Finally the 20th issue comes out...

Takagi notes how more than half of the front page has been taken up by Eiji's one-shot. Hattori says it's been anticipated a lot, and it'll most likely get a lot of votes, and 2 months later will probably be serialized.

On the Friday, results are out, Zombie Gun reaches #1 with 692 votes.

A very happy Yuujiro gloats about it, rubs it a bit in Hattori's face, and skips off to Eiji's place to let him know the results.

Yuujiro: "So it's like that...so please quickly work on Zombie Gun's serializaion name"
    Eiji: "It's already done"
    Yuujiro: "Oh? Let me see!"
    "It's very good, at this rate I don't know what to make of it. Before the serialization meeting happens, please try to make it even more interesting"
    Eiji: "Roger."
    Yuujiro: "What's the matter, so quiet all of a sudden, aren't you happy with it?"
    Eiji: "Of course I'm happy, and burning."

Over at Ashirogi's studio...

"692 VOTES?!?!?"
    Hattori: "Yeah it's pretty much broken the record for most received votes on a one-shot"
    Takagi: "692...as expected of Eiji...we can't win for sure"
    Mashiro: "..."
    Takagi: "Although I know it'd get 1st...it's just as Hattori said, it'll become serialized real soon....even though that's what we think...it would've been better if our one-shot was published first."
    Takagi: "Isn't it?"
    Mashiro: "Maybe."
    Takagi: "What do you mean 'maybe', and what's with that stupid smile, let's hear it"

Mashiro: "How should I put it...I think this way feels more like Eiji, as a rival I'm happy."
    Takagi: "Well, that's true, if he were to get anything less, we'd feel disappointed."
    Mashiro: "But our own results haven't come out, right?"

Takagi: "You...you don't mean to say you're confident we can surpass him, it's 692 votes! 692!!!"

Mashiro:

"Of course, I can't confidently say we'll surpass him..."

"But what's this feeling?"

"I can't wait to find out next week's results...."

Last edited by Knifeshade; October 22, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Knifeshade for the quick trans as always! I think you may be right that Bakuman is heading for the close. They completely skipped over the usual oneshot development filler and had Eiji's results posted right away.

Not sure what I think of it at the moment. I like Eiji's zombie manga, but so far not a fan of Ashirogi's. I guess since they made the story similar to Death Note, they didn't feel the urge to show them coming up with and developing the story.

Ashirogi might still have a chance to beat Eiji. Some back numbers:

Crow's debut vote count at #1: 401 votes
    PCP's debut vote count at #1: 422 votes

Both times there was an editorial uproar over the numbers. Mashiro says that Fist of the North Star got over 700 votes once. Almost, Eiji!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

If we go by Mashiro's relaxed face:
    - they might have just edged out Zombie Gun.
    - they got pwned, but Mashiro doesn't mind and it'll just make him work harder when Reversi gets serialized.

If we go by Eiji's silence:
    - Eiji probably didn't like Reversi, and Reversi probably got owned in votes.
    - he thinks it's better than Zombie Gun, to the point of being a threat, and Reversi probably edged out Zombie Gun.

Would be funny if they tied. But it's unlikely, since Eiji has the bigger fandom.

Most likely best scenario would be Reversi getting 1st as well but have less votes than Zombie Gun.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to hear that editorial departmen didn't explicitly say that Eiji's manga is better. That way, we can expect various outcomes, just like Knifeshade pointed out ↑ (thanks for trans, btw ). Although I can't imagine AM winning against Eiji in an one-shot duel....

Actually, there was something about third one-shot right? Lol I HOPE it's not a new super-mega-awesome-out-of-blue mangaka that beats both of them in votes

ex oriente lux

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.i am new here but i would like to be regular from here on in this thread.Bakuman sure has its unique flavor and this week ya its quite a good chapter i suppose. More likely ashirogi muto will lose by a small margin.like several people predict, this manga will get an anime and this will most likely be ashirogi muto's last series in bakuman.It will beat zombie manga too i guess and ppl dont forget when pcp got serialized and its first chapter got 422 votes hattori san said they will come to kawaguchi's grave again once they get above 700 votes.i am sure that is gonna happen either with this first chapter or some other time after that.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Daaaaaaaaaaang!Loved this chapter!The story is developing nicely and the art was brilliant.I mean,it jumped right into my eye and pleased me greatly.Bakuman is getting good again.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 152 is out here

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter! I liked the slight humor, bits from Azuki, ED parts, quiet Eiji gave me sort of drama feel to it..
    Now that ending sure is interesting. At first, I was 99% sure Eiji's winning with one-shot and AM will surpass him maybe somewhere in the middle of serialization... but! The whole "So now there's no way AM will beat Eiji" coming from ED after they were told the results, and Saiko's grin and.. that hope that they actually can do it! The whole mood seems to be indicating they can actually win...

I can't wait to see Bakuman jumping up in rankings, new arc is great so far.

ex oriente lux

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman 153 Discussion / 154 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

I really enjoyed how this chapter had set up for the battle between the two as Eiji realizes that while he was aiming for a manga that will take over the whole world, AM comes out with a Manga that is directly challenging him.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, get real. It's not like Ashirogi will suddenly get an anime in Bakuman 153. Before that happens they still have to get around 100-150 Reversi chapters and before that happens there is a helluva amount of time for other antagonists to (re)appear and fill in before we see AM vs Eiji.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Alpha, AM vs Eiji is already here in our faces, we know that they wont get a Anime anytime soon, but Iirc Crow got an anime with less than 100 chapters so Reversi isn't going to need that many if it's as good as they are saying it is.

New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast