Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 500 (2) , Bleach 586 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll

4 12.90%

3 9.68%

3 9.68%

6 19.35%

7 22.58%
  • 5 and Below

8 25.81%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 250

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 250

I agree that the pace was awkward while Kisame was lying there, but if you read back in the manga, a lot also happens there, including a lot of talking. It just takes so much more time pronouncing words than writing them own in a single frame, or accurately showing what's happening in a second of animation instead of a picture. I watch this show with two people who do not read the manga, and they often are not sure what just happened.

It's really hard to make something like that feel natural while still having them say all the things that Kishi wrote down. Perhaps it'd be better if they skipped a part of the dialogue altogether, because the whole idea of Kisame being a surprise and using the commotion to get away like a boss is completely lost.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

they did the speedblitz by naruto bad it is suppose to be instantaneous.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea the speed blitz was horribly done, naruto is suppose to be among the top speedsters and they make it look mediocre, really disappointed. In future episodes they better do it right. I mean in part one they mad people look faster than that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Huey Freeman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They totally messed up the fighting in this episode. Very disappointed. Naruto's punch was instantaneous. Same way it was when Minato saved baby Naruto from Tobi. Plus, they messed up the Afternoon Tiger and Morning Peacock. So disappointing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Curryman's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

What a crappy episode. It's finally a side-character's time to shine and they completely ruin the moment not to mention his strongest jutsu. They managed to make a epic tiger in the manga look like a raccoon/beaver/dog in the anime. Naruto's speed was ruined as well. It reminded me of the Pain fight when Naruto shows up to save Tsunade from Robot Pain that they ruined. They haven't done speed right in the anime since Rock Lee and the chunin exams IMO. Things were looking up from the excellent Kushina flashback but I guess this is still the same studio/animators we all know and hate.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was terrible. The animation was sloppy and barely watchable. I'm not even sure if I've grown to hate how Kyuubi Mode looks already because of the terrible animation in this episode or if it was just bound to happen regardless. I thought it looked cool last episode though...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Serina's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix946 View Post
    I agree that the pace was awkward while Kisame was lying there, but if you read back in the manga, a lot also happens there, including a lot of talking. It just takes so much more time pronouncing words than writing them own in a single frame, or accurately showing what's happening in a second of animation instead of a picture. I watch this show with two people who do not read the manga, and they often are not sure what just happened.

It's really hard to make something like that feel natural while still having them say all the things that Kishi wrote down. Perhaps it'd be better if they skipped a part of the dialogue altogether, because the whole idea of Kisame being a surprise and using the commotion to get away like a boss is completely lost.
    It is possible as we've seen in the other Kisame vs Bee fight. Just slow down the time. But I have to agree this was not Jonin-worth. It is ok if Guy is dumb. But the others too...?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

messed up... they messed up every thing from the manga.

they can make Naruto look faster as they did with Sasuke Vs deidra or Bee Vs Kisame but i don't know why they insist on trolling the anime.
    Naruto is a fast paced anime if they can't handle that why bother ? even the story could've been done in a better way not to mention Guy's teq
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

oh geez, same thing all over again. We get a set of great episodes, everyone's expectations are soaring to the sky, then we get an average one and the whine starts.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

They ruined the only moment where Gai showed us epic moves... As expected of Naruto's anime mediocre level

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime can't be great all the time. It's costly and not something a long constantly running anime series can do on a business level.

It seems like people forgot about the epic episodes we've had 4 weeks in a row now, which delivered WAY above our expectations, especially 248 & 249, which can already be considered one of the greatest episodes ever in Naruto.

Gai is a side character in every sense of the word without enough popularity to warrant epic animation being used, especially right after they put in MAJOR budget in Minato Gaiden. Is this really a surprise?
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    The anime can't be great all the time. It's costly and not something a long constantly running anime series can do on a business level.

It seems like people forgot about the epic episodes we've had 4 weeks in a row now, which delivered WAY above our expectations, especially 248 & 249, which can already be considered one of the greatest episodes ever in Naruto.

Gai is a side character in every sense of the word without enough popularity to warrant epic animation being used, especially right after they put in MAJOR budget in Minato Gaiden. Is this really a surprise?
    Aside time factor, I fail to see how it should be costly to have a decent pacing, which is the major problem here.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Aside time factor, I fail to see how it should be costly to have a decent pacing, which is the major problem here.
    It's cost effective to keep it slow as you have to animate less movement both in the form of characters moving and the plot itself moving. It's less work and thus requires less man power and hours put into the episode's making.

However I was addressing the general eternal "The Naruto anime sucks" debate more than the pacing problem which I agreed with and commented on previously. That has more to do with the bad animation and bad teams being put on "important" episodes. It has to happen in long running series like Naruto, and episodes like these are honestly the best to throw those lower tier teams at because they aren't fan favorites in Japan. It was a completely different case when they threw crap teams at Naruto's fight with Pain. But Gai, a lower rank side character receicing a crappy team is fully understandable and good management and prioritizing from the studio's point of view.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2