Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who Wins

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luffy

27 93.10%
  • CP9

0 0%
  • Mutual Destruction (Tie)

2 6.90%
New Reply

Thread: CP9 vs. Luffy Post Timeskip

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

CP9 vs. Luffy Post Timeskip

All CP9 Operatives During Enies Lobby Saga vs. Present Post Time Skip Luffy...

Fight Takes Place On The Sunny

The Main Question You Should Ask, Can Luffy Kill Them All Before They Sink The Ship??? Not That Adam Wood will easily be cut down...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP9 vs. Luffy Post Timeskip

If the CP9 have the power during Enies Lobby saga and haven't improve since then, they don't stand a chance.

All of the strawhat can barely take down a Pacisfisca. If we assume that CP9 is about even to strawhat in terms of overall strength back then, Post time skip Luffy can probably OHK any of the CP9 member during the Enies Lobby arc, including Lucci.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Luffy would have any trouble defeating them in 1v1, but with all of them together? Yea, Luffy would have some trouble.
    I voted Tie, since all of them together should be atleast as strong as Luffy.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy easily IMO. I don't think any single one of them would even lay a finger on luffy. Why exactly would luffy even break a sweat? Not s single one of them would stand up after geared 2 haki punch and that is pretty standard for luffy nowadays. Speedwise luffy is fast enough to avoid a pacifista's attack and take him out before it reacts. Even in a highly favorable scenario a lone pacifista is more than a match speedwise to any of CP9. Granted, CP9 should be able to take a lone pacifista however if they so much as break a sweat against it there is no reasonable way for them to even be able to react to luffy. IMO luffy would one shot each of them. Heck, gear 3 and he would literally win the fight with one punch.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the strength level of the Cp9 Saga only Lucci, Kadu and Jabura were strong enough to stand against the monster trio.

Lucci was way stronger than the other two IMO and Luffy defeaded him back then, so after the 2 years timeskip there is no chance at all that they inflict any serious damage on the Sunny.

Haki infused jatling gun and they are all done for within a few seconds
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy would take out Kalifa, Blueno, Fukurou quite quickly( could probably knock them out with his Haoshoku haki) then the rest wouldn't be an easy fight as I also consider that they've gotten stronger over the 2 years timeskip. If the setting is the ship and it's at sea, Luffy would have to both protect the ship alone and take on those 3.
    Imagine them using Geppou and just Rankyaku slashes flying everywhere towards the ship? but I think Haki infused attacks from Luffy would quickly settle the fight but it wouldn't be as easy as most you think it would. CP9 are trained assassins and wouldn't all just attack him if they knew sinking the ship would end the fight as Luffy can't use any Geppou like attacks to keep himself above water.

My whole argument here is based on the fact that the fight takes place at sea on the Sunny though
    Last edited by goldb; February 16, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy does not even need to have his post time skip strength to take those 3 out quickly lol. He took blueno out fairly quickly with his gear two alone, I honestly doubt those 3 would even stand a chance.... Against post time luffy they are not even a bad joke, they are less than cannon fodder in a good day (for them). Honestly, there is no reason whatsoever for pre time skip luffy to even break a sweat against those beneath the CP9 strong trio. There is no manga instance or comparison which would suggest that luffy would not one shot without so much as breaking a sweat anyone in CP9. Seriously, taking out a lone pacifista should be about as hard as taking out CP9 and as we saw it took a second. Even lucci is not a match for a pacifista lol....

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, Luffy managed to practically one-shot Brueno with his Gear 2 Jet Pistolet after he took down 5000 soldiers from Ennies Lobby and Brueno was 4th strongest and then he used Gear 3 to destroy the door and then he fought Lucci. After it there was Thriller Bark, where Luffy also obviously got stronger, then he had Sabaondy, Amazon Lily and Impel Down and War in Marineford. During all this time he got way stronger. I believe Luffy could take all the CP9 members exept from Lucci, Kaku and Jabura at the same time before timeskip. He could have also taken Kaku and Jabura at the same time before timeskip.

Now I easily believe Luffy would have taken all CP9 without any problems. It might be a bit difficult for him only because of the limited range, because the fight is on the ship that can be destroyed, but still he will take them easily. He is too strong now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy grew tremendously during the time skip; he is far faster, considering that he could only dodge a Pacifista laser by the skin of his teeth before the time skip whereas now he evades both the lasers and their subsequent explosions casually and even calls them slow, he has far greater power behind his attacks, as a G2 Pistol one-shotted a Pacifista, who took many and more attacks for the entire Straw Hats to take down before the time skip and a base bullet caused huge collateral damage (far more than his Gomu no Storm did at Arabasta, or even his Gear Third ever did pre-TS) by simply sending Jones flying into a huge building structure.

Not to mention that Luffy has become accomplished with Haki, and thus have pre-cog, presence sensing, ability to significantly harden his body as well as coating himself with invisible armor, boost his attack power very notably and so on.

That is, of course, only what he has shown so far, and what we can quantify. It is, however, more than enough to conclude that CP9 would be curbstomped by current Luffy - even Lucci would be blitzed and one-shotted.
    Last edited by Wisshard; February 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy would effortlessly massacre CP9 along with the rest of Enies Lobby as he is right now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

With pre-skip CP9 and post-skip Luffy, the fight basically goes like this:
    1. Luffy oneshots Blueno, Kumadori and Fukuro in an instant (Kalifa doesn't even count as a threat).
    2. Luffy sends Kaku and and Jabura in the sea, or simply destroys their tekkai with haki.
    3. Even if Lucci managed to damage the Sunny a bit, he will last few seconds against gear-two, armored-haki, movement-predicting Luffy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

he basically one shots everyone (yes, even Lucci too)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, now I can't even comprehend the uselessness of CP9 in a grand scheme of things. Basically they were elite agents who were granted with the right to dispose from those who are enemies of WG and they were adressed as elite assasins. But now even Franky seems to be capable of taking down entire CP9 by himself. Of course it won't be a piece of cake, but still.

New Reply