Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Webcomics and Online Manga

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Webcomics thread!

Anyone knows the how the DM of the Rings webcomic spoofed the movie? Well, Darths and Droids capitulates on this by spoofing the entire Star Wars franchise. They're up to half of episode 1, in chronological order. The webcomic itself is young, but the storyline is one of the most impeccable I have ever read.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

www.lfgcomic.com is a WoW comic featuring a comical Undead warlock who hasn't forgotten his frost spells, a goodey two shoes Blood Elf hunter, a well endowed Orc Priestess (i dunno if i should be happy to see them or disgusted. Orcs can't be priests in WoW), and a Scholar Tauren (the class doesn't exist in-game...but his actions suggest that he's actually a warrior)....an odd combination, yet quite compelling!
    Last edited by Paper; July 05, 2008 at 02:34 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member notoriousnougat's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

My must reads are Questionable Content and xkcd.

One of my all time favourites is Vault711, but she rarely updates nowadays. It's full of hilarious slashy Harry Potter related stick comics.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Webcomics and Online Manga - free and legal

*moved to Amateur Manga*

We're not updating the first post anymore, but feel free to recommend webcomics and good online comic reads as well as free and legal amateur comics you can find online. They don't need to be manga style and it's also not important whether it's comic strip, page or chapter releases

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Webcomics and Online Manga

Everybody everybody - I make a web comic - http://www.drdoobious.com you should all check it out. Eni mentioned in another post that there are sites that reference/host online web comics, can anybody point some out to me? muy thank yous
    Check out Vita Di Vetro @ http://www.drdoobious.com

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I wrote in other threads, so I probably don't need to repeat myself, but I create web manga and have hosted on several sites. The link is at the bottom of this post.

Doobious- I know several web manga sites but not specific to web comics. So, I don't know if I can help you there since the page layout is different. Plus most of them are in Japanese so you will need to know it. Only a few bothers to read web manga/comics in English in Japan. In addition, manga that's read left to right. It happened to my English version of manga so don't expect too much good results from showing your work in Japanese sites if your manga/comic is in English. I would just stick with US or international sites.

I use deviantART often for Japanese/English ones. I think it's a good site for posting any sort of art and many MH artists use it. It comes with journal, favorites, and etc. with links you can post in other websites. In addition, you can zoom in and out drawings on your page and etc. People who use it range from tatoo artists, oil painters, photographers, comic/manga artists, CG artists, or people who simply love to draw. It's a good place to know artists from across the globe. There are a lot more sites out there, but I think I like deviantART the best since it's really organized. You can rearrange pages yourself, and some people sell their art works through it. There are occassional contests there, and I once tried out for one that gave you a free copy of nintendo game. I lost but it was a good opportunity to practice pop art for the first time

Oh, and one more. Create a blog or on-line journals then you can host your comic there too. I did that for the first manga and have created valuable blog mates who help me on certain manga topic and random stuff such as which month will the gas prices go up. Or yummy restaurant deals. Just remember that not all readers are interested in reading comics so write about other topics as well. If you aren't sure about which blog site to use, just type in blog in google and pick the one that seems to have most members or on top in the list. If you want to have more readers, visit other people in the blog site or write about current hot topics (films, books, events, games, etc.) that would trigger more people to come to your site. I write at least one entry almost everyday and revise it later. It helps you to find out what to say and not to say to keep your readers interested.

Other than that, I basically write a collection of stupid ideas and random daydreams I have (mainly ahem... food). In addition, never ending everyday happenings that seem to result from my clumsiness:

"#$'#($'#!!!"

Waterdroplet's threads in MH for original manga:

I have several sections devoted to my manga in MH (bilingual/English/Japanese only):
    TLOF Chapter 1 (~1.5 years after I first started)
    TLOF Chapter 2 (~2 years after I first started)
    Project A (Recent ones in Japanese)
    Random Manga (really)
    Waterdrolet's Gallery
    Last edited by Waterdroplet; July 18, 2008 at 09:34 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner digital tofu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my new project, TOFU COMICS. I hope everybody enjoys it! Tell your friends

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner delta2cain1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://abstrusegoose.com/ it pretty nice .... its a fresh one and one more thing please please dont compare it to xkcd you will spoil all the fun

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zerocharisma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.schlockmercenary.com

Eight years and going strong.

An example of some of the rules the Mercenaries live by:

1. Pillage, then burn.
    6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
    8. Mockery and derision have their place. Usually, it's on the far side of the airlock.
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who like Something Positive, there's Queen of Wands. That's comic has been completed, but there's a sequel, Punch an' Pie.
    Also, a really good one I've found is Girls with Slingshots. All of these have slightly adult themes (heavy drinking, references to sex, etc.), just so you're warned (i.e. I don't want any "oh my God, I can't believe you subjected me to that!" crap).

One I've recently discovered, and am working my way through, is Errant Story. It's done in a manga style, and looks pretty good so far.

Someone's already mentioned some of the Snafu comics, but all of his are pretty good. His BunnyWith comics are slightly, uh, morbid... But still good.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've created a website for amateur mangaka or artists. Visit us here

http://www.comickitchen.com/beta/index.php

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Krasimir's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ankou View Post
    I've created a website for amateur mangaka or artists. Visit us here

http://www.comickitchen.com/beta/index.php
    I can not add drawings .

(Only Jpeg or Png files) ok but not working.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Krasimir! I sent you a PM in regards with your reply

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's only starting it's 2nd chapter last week or so, but Steampunk Soiree is a promising webcomic with a slight manga-y style.

My Manga List (outdated)

Shows: Supernatural, Legend of Korra
    Webcomics: Homestuck, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court
    Tumblr: onewayworld

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member UNICOMICS's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

http://theweeklythonk.tumblr.com/

Not sure if your allowed to say but, this is my webcomic -and hopefully with enough interest maybe publishing it- its called Thonk! the idea of it is based on random events of what happens in my life or around it, things that happen in the news of the movie, manga, anime, comics and video games. its on its 50th page and I am very soon doing a 24 hour comic thing to celebrate it and such so you guys can drop by have a look the links on there are directed to my DA so I hope you enjoy it and such

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast