Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

16 38.10%
  • Good!

18 42.86%
  • Regular

5 11.90%
  • Boring...

2 4.76%
  • Bad!

1 2.38%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 272 Discussion

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 272 Discussion / 273 Predictions

lol@Mashima for building up the hatred toward Raven Tail.

I'm a bit surprised that no one noticed Flare cheating after Natsu's intervention, it was pretty obvious. She should have been banned. Anyway, if they don't discover who's behind it, Fairy Tail will never win.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaa lol. I'm on the fence....i wanted lucy to win..the build up of that spell was too cool. Also....i really wanna know what went down with Makarov and his kid because the tournament barely began and RT has humiliated the crap out of FT..and thats just RT, theres still ST to worry about. Good chapter though
    yea this is setting us up for a flashback episode that will tell us the backstory of what happend between ewin and makarov

also i was dissapointed to see lucy cast such an awesome spell just to have them cheat, yes i agree that raven tail is pretty damn pathetic and i am starting to really hate them, i mean if they are strong and just kick ass but are evil but to fucking cheat....i cant stand cheaters.

i really want to see natsu kick someones ass in a battle type situation, or erza!!

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    lol@Mashima for building up the hatred toward Raven Tail.

I'm a bit surprised that no one noticed Flare cheating after Natsu's intervention, it was pretty obvious. She should have been banned. Anyway, if they don't discover who's behind it, Fairy Tail will never win.
    yep that is why i said i am shocked such a big tournament has no type of referee to watch for that kind of stuff

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Mashima REALLY wants to make people hate Raven Tail. As for all enemies until now they had a greater goal - even if it was evil. Most of them even fought noble or were just badass. The best example is Asuma. But Raven Tail seems to be nothing but scum. From the very first matchup they just cheated to embarass Fairy Tail.

But i hope this will stop soon. Some things seem to begin to work out of character now. Natsu's reaction to what lucy did was great and it was just fine - but i can't see makarov holding it much longer? How long it will until he confronts ewan/iwan? But well. Yajima seemed to notice it and i think he will be setting out to find the origin of raven tails cheating. It will leed to their disqualification somewhen when they start to brawl against the real enemy of this arc (this commander guy it seems).

I want Laxus to be shown soon. We always see makarovs reaction towards ewan, but never laxus'...

And how did Lucy learn that spell? Did she remember out of nothing? She hadn't even time to practice... Moreover it is one of this one hitters. If you miss, you lose because it takes too much magical power... I still think a double summon of Leo & Caprico might be more powerful in a real fight.

ps: Well it quicked sucked when gildarts departed right after the timeskip to be on his own again. Now we know the reason behind this doing. Considering his reaction towards bluenote and his hate against ewan this cheating would had its possible ending in the destruction of the whole arena by gildarts magic. (Wow, i want Fairy Tail to just destroy Raven Tail so much right now)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Makath's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think these tournament is rigged... I also wouldn't be surprised if all the previous editions were as well.

I remember FT characters saying how "unlucky" they were with the previous contests, and in this edition is clear that ST and RT have unexplained advantages. I would guess it has something to do with whoever is living in the castle were Wendy was attacked...

My bet at this point would be that the whole thing is designed to harvest magic power, and assure highest status to certain guilds is just part of the process.

P.S: Lucy Uranometria was awesome, but i had minor "Naruto feelings" when she used Gemini to (almost) cast it...
    P.P.S: Makarov and Iwan's story will (finally!) be addressed, and Gajeel probably will play a part. It was weird when Iwan said HIS name upon the arrival of FT Team B, considering his SON was there.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most everything's already been said -- Awesome Uranometria from Lucy, dirty Raven Tail cheaters, etc...I think it's kinda cool though that the big-nose guy can nullify magic (seemingly). He's IMO the best design out of the Raven Tail mages, glad to see he's got an equally cool magic.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if lucy will get to fight orca, to get him back for taking her attack, it could be a tag team fight with wendy that would be nice to have payback.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow RT, is the lowest of the low... They must be in on something. Now just to figure out what that something is.....
    After Hades and Ultear I thought I wouldn't hate any other characters more... Well done Mashima San, I'd like to "cleanse" RT out of existance..

Nice build up, but I'd like it if FT loses the tournament, but finally reveals the dark secrets of this place..
    Kind of a lose the battle to win the war scenario....

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of Lucy fanservice in this chapter was ridiculous.....sheesh Mashima. I liked Flares design but her magic was really uninspired. Oh well she's clearly not one of Raven Tail's best anyway, one of the lower ranked members.

I have a problem with Lucy using Uranometoria though. Hibiki giving her that spell was a one-time deal, and she had absolutely no idea what was happening while she was casting and remembered nothing afterwards. Plus she was able to remember and learn how to cast such a high level spell in only a few days?? Well its not the the most ridiculous thing Mashima's done so whatever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I have a problem with Lucy using Uranometoria though. Hibiki giving her that spell was a one-time deal, and she had absolutely no idea what was happening while she was casting and remembered nothing afterwards. Plus she was able to remember and learn how to cast such a high level spell in only a few days?? Well its not the the most ridiculous thing Mashima's done so whatever.
    She had at least a couple months in which to ask Hibiki what he'd done, look up the spell for herself, and start attempting to learn it. That's months exclusive of the time spent on Tenrou Island, or in the Stellar Spirit world. And she probably asked him before the alliance parted ways.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't see why people are pumped or excited for this chapter.

Lucy's spell took ages to incant, seriously, if she was up against any competent mage in this tournament they would have tried to counter the spell rather than quaking in their boots. Corona has been a very pathetic character from the get go. Mashima designed her to used a magic we have already seen before, hair magic wasn't exciting back then and it isn't now. We have seen the psychotic personality before as well. Just nothing interesting at all about Corona.

I know Mashima is trying to develop a motif here of having everyone feel Fairy Tail is a loser guild, and that Raven Tail are going out of their way to confront Fairy Tail, but it is just getting tiresome. It's really not something I can legitimately complain about, but it's just my personal opinion.

Also, to the people saying Fairy Tail vs Raven Tail in fairly fought 1 v1 battles would always turn out a Fairy Tail victory, well no shit. They are the focus of this manga, they have had cop outs left and right from Mashima forcing them to win their battles.

The chapters have all had their flaws, but they have also had interesting moments, so I really can't degrade them too much. It is just that personally they aren't exciting for me, I want them to be, but for some reason I simply am no longer captivated by Fairy Tail. I will continue to read since I've completed plenty of chapters. so I will just sit back with low expectations and read them for the fights or sudden plot twists and just hope for the best I guess.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brebaz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! this was- wait for it -expected!! i knew from the beginning that lucy would lose from someone intervention!! it was a boring chapter for me.

RT, is So so. nothing to them except the aim for FT?! unexplained for now! but my guess would be a rigged tournament, and that this whole tournament wouldn't see a finish because of something that will occur in the middle of everything and then FT will start wrecking Havoc in the arena.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well other mages noted what happened. Makarov, Yamajii look at his expression, and I'm sure that FT team B also noticed something. As well as members of other guilds. The audience however, is being kept in the dark.

And not having a referee is also part of the dark scheme that's going on in this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by frozen18ice View Post
    lucy was awesome i would have hated it if she just gets tortured by that raven tail hair person the whole time without anybody noticing the hair, i bet nastsu smelled the funky scent of it. the way mashima show how lucy have grown was right on. i wonder how many battles is the first round, it seems like there will be more or less 5 matches the game then 4 then another game and so on this will be a very long chapter plus the outside mystery.
    i wonder if levi will sript the outside so no cheating can be done. or with freedo,
    Nah, he heard Lucy whispering Asuka-chan.

Lucy using Gemini to summon Uranometriora was interesting. And I didn't get the part of, doing it together, doesn't make it as powerful as last time. But, why does she need Gemini to do it? Can't she summon it by herself?

@LoS - well, yeah her character is a mix of other characters we've seen before, but I'm sure there's another purpose for that.

And Lucy took time to summon the spell last time as well. And we know that this always happens in manga/anime. Whenever one of the characters is going to use a bigger attack, the opponents never do a thing.

And on the part of 1vs1 fights, it's always been like that. But, they have also lost before winning. Not on full scale fights, but it still counts.

In this case, we know that Lucy would've owned Corona if it wasn't for her blackmailing and the other guy's intervention.

Anyway, Laxus vs the Armor guy seems to be coming next. Will it be the 3rd loss in a row?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post

Lucy using Gemini to summon Uranometriora was interesting. And I didn't get the part of, doing it together, doesn't make it as powerful as last time. But, why does she need Gemini to do it? Can't she summon it by herself?

Anyway, Laxus vs the Armor guy seems to be coming next. Will it be the 3rd loss in a row?
    I believe by summoning Gemini her power increased or doubled.

I think if Laxus lost this it will be because of Ivan doing something to his son by taking the Lacrima inside Laxus body. I think Laxus will go in Dragon force to beat the black lightning guy from Raven Tail, but I hope if that happened Laxus would be able to use Titan magic just like his grandfather and that will be his win.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    She had at least a couple months in which to ask Hibiki what he'd done, look up the spell for herself, and start attempting to learn it. That's months exclusive of the time spent on Tenrou Island, or in the Stellar Spirit world. And she probably asked him before the alliance parted ways.
    From what it sounds like she never asked Hibiki since he's surprised, plus there was never any mention of any training back then before Tenrou Island, and they only had about a week to find a partner before the exam. The gap between this arc and Tenrou Island in which Lucy could've developed this spell as a result of most of their 3 months being lost is very short. You'd figure she'd use something like that in the fight against Hades if she could. Right after Oracion Seis was Edolas, there wasn't much of a timegap there either. There was no time for her to train. For her to be able to use this without any mention of it for the past 100+ chapters since its use and without much time for training, when its supposed to be an extremely difficult spell seems a bit much.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why you all say She forgot it. Why? She already did the spell and it wasn't one time deal. If anyone can certainly PROVE that the spell will be erased after execution when She first make it, I would gladly take out my words. Hibiki said that He SHARED some energy for Lucy that time to be able to make that spell and INSTALLED the knowledge of it.

About the time used while executing it...It happens EVERY TIME in EVERY MANGA except Berserk or HxH. Aside those, there is always some precious moments the characters use to charge their power. I like to think that the awesomeness freezes the enemies.
    Let's just remember for a moment Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball and even modern fighting shounen like Naruto or Bleach. EACH of them have this. Talking in every rol game takes at least 6 seconds of the time and it's only when you're saying a short phrase. They usually speak TONS of shit to hit. EVERY.FUCKING.SINGLE.TIME.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast