Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: xxx

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    You can always search the web for some cool images...just remember to credit the creator...if you have a DA account, you can go ask for permissions from artists
    I'll try my luck with gintara, but if it doesn't help I'll probably end up doing it your way.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member The Underscore's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit scared there when I saw mattiaildivino starting about chapter 482 . Thought I missed the joint review...

Anyways, sorry about being this late with coming here. I'm wrapping up two projects at work, which have eaten up the whole of this week up to yesterday.

Whatever the case, I'll be able to respond today (Sunday), Monday, Thursday, and Friday evening and most likely the majority of Saturday (I'm assuming we'll release the review on Sunday, same as I regularly release my reviews?). Tuesday and Wednesday I have meetings about the projects I wrapped up, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to respond to what's covered on those days.

I'll be posting the review for 482 now, so I'll carefully read everything that's posted here after . Let's all make a great joint review for Bleach chapter 483!

As for which part of the review I'd like to do, I'm a great fan of the analysis part . So unless there's others who are rearing to do the analysis part, I'd like to do that part. Either that, or the plot part of the impression. I'd preferably stay away from the predictions, I'm terrible at making good ones .
    Last edited by The Underscore; February 26, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
    The Underscore made his return (again)! Check out this week's review!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Now that's everybody on board I'll post the details for who writes what section in a couple of hours.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

As in the OP, here's who's gonna write what section.

Underscore (Analysis 1st half)
    Mattia (Analysis 2nd half)
    Alpha (Impressions)
    Saito (Predictions (short term))
    Newbie (Predictions (long term))

---------- Post added February 27, 2012 at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was February 26, 2012 at 06:47 PM ----------

No reaction?

Whatever, I'll send everyone a reminder PM once the chapter comes out.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm up for the 1st half of the analysis. Not sure how to split the chapter in two though. Depending on the chapter's content it might be better to split it up based on the content (e.g. the fight Ichigo has and Genryuusai accepting the war declaration). Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see .

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,I'm a great fan of the analysis part as well,yet I don't know how to split the chapter either. As The Underscore said,we will have to wait and see.
    About the analysis,I thought I had just to make a summary,but I'm glad you taught me how it is to do,and that I have to combine it with previous chapters,especially with the last one . disposing of a mathematic and scientific mind,I'm better in doing analysis, rather than in explaining what the author meant or in dealing with impressions' sub-sections,such as "art"

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: Kriegserklarung

'Kay, chapter's out. We have a lot of beginner reviewers on board, let's make the dealine on sunday, March 4th.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always split up the analysis in plot analysis and character analysis if you want to

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always split up the analysis in plot analysis and character analysis if you want to
    We could do that, if we had some more experienced reviewers on the team...

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

like you

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure if The Underscore and mattia will wok together, they can pull it off

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure if The Underscore and mattia will wok together, they can pull it off
    actually,I think it's better to do that as we (we? they! ) have always done. an analysis over plot would be okay,cause it would imply the summary of the story,compared to the previous chapter,but an analysis about characters would be boring imo,especially since there aren't much developments in a single chapters over characters...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing a chapter analysis myself anyway, since Underscore will probably take a day or two. Buckle up.

Chapter starts with a color page featuring Ichigo and the new kid. Will he have any relevance this arc? Who knows. But his posture and expression suggests that he is motivated but nervous to come ahead while Ichigo helps him improve "Don't step back; I'm here". Kinda looks like Ichigo is Zangetsu training a younger person with colorful clothes. Speculatin' we will see the new shinigami grow throughout this arc.

The next three pages might not seem like much. We see the intruders talking with Yamamoto and the title "KriegsErklärung", and Google Translate tells me that it means "Declaration of War", so I'll have to believe it's true. Hold on there, I'm not done yet. As I said, the intruders adress Yamamoto with a conversational tone, commenting on the low security. This is important, because while we don't know who this people are (And how did they put those cloaks on without help), we know from this small conversation that they are not drones sent to tell Yamamoto about the invasion, but actual people (?).

Moving on to Ichigo and Ivan's squirmish. Not much happens here. We get another clue that the guy is probably a Quincy, and another question about his mask. For the sake of the argument I'm going to assume is is an actual Quincy and not an hybrid and that huge flamethrower is his bow. Although he would probably do more damage against any other person, he can't even touch Ichigo, who casually dodges and deflects every attack easily. Ivan taunts Ichigo to get him to use Bankai, and since Ichigo's got nothing to lose, he accepts. This next part is something I will have to break down:

-Back to the assumption that Ivan is indeed a normal Quincy, his weapon is a bow, the thing he used on the first chapter was an Extra-Strong 30 Second Effect Hollow Bait (r) and the thing he uses on Ichigo pulled out of one of his fancy pockets (http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/483/10) is one of the Ginto: * Gintō (銀筒, Silver tubes): Gintō are small liquid-filled capsules that store spiritual energy, and are used by the Quincy for spell casting in the same way that Shinigami use Kidō. Like Kidō, they are activated by calling out various commands.[22]
    I recommend you to check the wikia for dem techniques, since it has a few neat .gifs showing a few of the Silver Container Techniques TM in action: http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Gint%C5%8D
    As you can see, the flower-looking thingy looks and works like a Ginto, and was either designed to work better as the power of an opponent increases or as a seal, since Ivan was so interested in ending Ichigo's Bankai.

-We don't know if Ichigo could have actually won against Ivan. Quincy are more dangerous the more skilled they are, not how powerful their reiatsu is. Back to the wikia examples above, we see Ishida injuring a Menos and almost defeating his dad without having regained his powers yet. He later manages to injure Szayel Aporro seriously. A well done Quincy technique can take out opponents much stronger than the user, so before anybody jumps to the conclusion that Ivan is stronger than Aizen/Ichigo, think again. The technique might exist for the sole purpose to seal a Bankai permanently for all we know.

-For that matter, why is Ivan so interested in Ichigo's bankai? His words didn't sound like he wanted to kill Ichigo, but more like he just wanted to stop him from using Bankai again. Is Ivan working with the masked guys in Yamamoto's office? Was he sent to distract Ichigo and stop him since he is probably stronger than the Vander Reich? We'll just have to wait and see.

So Ichigo proves once again that nothing can contain him (Rukia's bakudou 1 as a human, Tessai's full bakudou 99, Hachi's barrier, Aizen's ultra powered 90 hadou with full incantation and Yukio's videogame), breaks the thing and attacks Ivan. This is the last we see of them this chapter. Ivan is genuinely scared about Ichigo breaking the flower thingy. It was capable of breaking those Xs in his wrist, so he probably thought that Ichigo would lose for sure.

Back to that guy th- Oh, he is dead. Ok. Back to Yamamoto's- No, wait, Yamamoto's vice captain is not dead yet. His Zanpakutou is still released, and those tend to revert to their normal state when the owner is incappable of keeping it released, so he might survive. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, the masked guys impaled that guy with a huge arrow (Quincy!) without moving just like they put on those fancy cloaks (Quincy!) and speak some words in German (Quincy!). They tell Yamamoto that in five days Soul Society will be erradicated by the Vander Reich, which translates to Burger Kingdom. Chapter ends here.

Prediction:
    -Burger Kindom guys are as strong as Yamamoto if they can casually talk about killing him.
    -Ivan's mask is not a hollow mask in the sense that he is an arrancar, but he is badly scarred from years of fighting and wears that mask to cover his now useless eye, torn off from the hollow that did that to him. Same for Burger Kingdom guys.
    -Mayuri will make an entrace and face of the intruders. He knows a lot about the Quincy and might even be able to counter their attacks just like Szayel countered most of Ishida's attacks.
    -Ichigo is going to defeat Ivan easily and take him to Ryuken and talk about what's going on.
    Last edited by The Newbie.; February 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

Right, I know I forgot your post about wanting to write the analysis, but I already divided that section between underscore and mattia

Whatever, I updated the OP with where the first half and the second half are tilted(?), so underscore/mattia, you two just write your own part of the analysis, once you're ready I'll edit it all together with newbie's stuff and once everything is ready you scold me for being such a bad organizer. /sigh

---------- Post added March 02, 2012 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was March 01, 2012 at 01:05 PM ----------

Just wanted to remind everyone, that even if the deadline is on the 4th, it doesn't mean you should wait till the evening of the 3rd and only than start writing. I think a realistic date is to have the review finished by March 2nd/3rd.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of sheer protest to Alpha's organisational skils, I decided to quickly analyse the entire chapter .

Anyways, the analysis is in the spoiler tags below. I wrote it in one go without even checking it, so see what you keep and what you get rid of Alpha . I'll check on it again tomorrow night to see whether I have to tweak it a bit or not. (Hopefully I won't have to rewrite it entirely because I'm unsatisfied by my own work ). For your information:

The parts between the square brackets [] are notes to go with the review. Mostly to refer to what picture I'd like to go at that part of the analysis . Also, I made a half-way point, assuming you'll only want to use the first half of the review as was initially planned . That way Mattia can pick it up starting from page 11.

I apologize for the sloppiness of the analysis (which I think there will be as I haven't checked it), but I'm assuming that the part written by The Newbie will be added along with Mattia's to make a sensible whole . Good luck with the editing Alpha . Good thing I got it to you today, huh?

Just kidding there with the dropping all the work on your lap Alpha . Let me know if you need me to do something more. I'll check up again in about 22 hours from now. Assuming I won't be horrified by what I wrote here forcing me to rewrite this analysis, I can use the time left to help out with what you need to wrap up this joint review .

Spoiler show

Good luck with your parts Alpha, Mattia, and Saito!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

thank's,I guess I'll deal with my job tomorrow,since today I was rather tired and busy,although I had some time to post some random posts. by the way,it's a pity that Newbie wanted to do the analysis too,especially since he has already done the analysis. perhaps,this time there's no need I do my review,since it would imply newbie's is canceled/with no value.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    thank's,I guess I'll deal with my job tomorrow,since today I was rather tired and busy,although I had some time to post some random posts. by the way,it's a pity that Newbie wanted to do the analysis too,especially since he has already done the analysis. perhaps,this time there's no need I do my review,since it would imply newbie's is canceled/with no value.
    No, you write your analysis. It's partially my fault for overlooking Newbiew's post, partially his for writing the analysis when he shouldn't have in the first place. Bottom line. You write the stuff, I edit it all into one big thing

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast