Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

  1. #31
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    No, you write your analysis. It's partially my fault for overlooking Newbiew's post, partially his for writing the analysis when he shouldn't have in the first place. Bottom line. You write the stuff, I edit it all into one big thing
    I did the analysis for free. Even if I hadn't written one here I would have done it for myself anyway. Besides, I don't focus on describiing the chapter but what's going on.

  2. #32
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    No, you write your analysis. It's partially my fault for overlooking Newbiew's post, partially his for writing the analysis when he shouldn't have in the first place. Bottom line. You write the stuff, I edit it all into one big thing
    Yes,sir ! ()

    ---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

    Ichigo realizes then that Ivan pulled out soemthing,and wonders what it can be. Meanwhile,Ivan is smiling and that suggest he is pretty confident in that tool of his,which shoots towards Ichigo a lot of energy rays. The shinigami is totally unaware of what's going on,and when Ivan pronounces a magic formula,the former starts suffering,while the reiatsu armor crashes. It looks like Ivan's aim was to force Ichigo to use his bankai in order to destroy it,or Ivan might have changed his mind after being called "arrancar". By the way,due to the fact Ivan already disposed of that weapon, his goal was most likely to destroy Ichigo's bankai. Unfortunately for the Quincy,Ichigo destroys with his sword those energy pillars in front of an astonished Ivan, who is now about to get Zangetsu's Getsuga Tenshou.
    Kubo doesn't show us whether it hits Ivan or not, someone may interfer nonetheless,yet the fact the enemy didn't expect Ichigo's counterattack makes me think he hasn't got any other weapon in his arsenal. There should be a reason why Ivan aimed to Zangetsu's bankai, he may be interested in its power,as was Ginjou towards Ichigo's fullbring,although we can't be sure that Ivan's target was just Ichigo, since he didn't appear in front of him 2 chapters ago,but where he and his friend had gathered. It's also possible Ivan needs a Mugetsu user,and the reason he appeared now is due to Ichigo's loss of powers 2 years ago and their recent reactivation thank's to Captains' reiatsu.

    The scene moves to Yamamoto and those new antagonists,where Sasakibe is shot by an arrow of those odd enemies, whose arrow reach the wall. Yamamoto is very surprised and worried about his vice-captain, who looks like having just fought those guys,according to the sword he is still holding. It is the zampakuto which hints Sasakibe is still alive, since it is still released,whereas it shouldn't be if the user is dead.
    The leader of the enemy warns Yamamoto that Sasakibe's end will be his one as well, telling him that the vice-captain has fought and sacrificed everything,being defeated nonetheless. So,the wrapped guy warns the Captain Commander,who pitiful witnesses the scene, that in 5 days Soul Society will be annihilated by them, revealing they are Vandenreich. As far as I know/read, Vanden comes from Dutch language whereas Reich is German (although it's not very used since the 2nd war world) and means "of (Van) the (den) emprie(reich)". Hence those new villains are "of the Empire"
    Another strange thing is how they could have defeated Sasakibe, notwithstanding we haven't seen him in action yet,he must be strong and probably stronger than the other vice-captains,since he is the lieutenant of the Captain Commander (whose power paralyzed Kyoraku's vice-captain in Soul Society). Yamamoto was talking with them, and as replies to his "arrogant words", that arrow arrived in front of him, even though the Vandenreich didn't move at all.
    Either those guys are insanely fast,or they are there with some allies who were fighting Sasakibe while the others were threatening Yamamoto,or they dispose of some kind of weapon which arrived when they called for it. This last possibility isn't much suitable to the situation, since it seems they defeated him after he had tried to resist.
    Personally,I was a bit disappointed that Yamamoto was astonished and listened to them quietly,instead of wiping the floor out of rage. A good explanation/excuse may be given by the fact he already knew the "Vandenreich",which might have existed before Soul Society Kingdom,and that could be the reason of his tear. Yet the fact they are so sure of themselves makes me think they are really strong,and they shouldn't be so stupid ,as was Ivan, to get their ass kicked. They are the new main villains so they will give us a great arc. However,the fact they are so confident in being able to kill him,makes me wonders something: "if even the Captain Commander can't deal with them,who can?"




    that's my job,tell me if I am wrong somewhere,and don't worry: adjust it if I was wrong

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Cool. I already wrote my section and edited everything up until your parts into the review. All that's left is Saito's predictions. Gotta PM him again.

    ---------- Post added March 03, 2012 at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

    Also, to everyone who finished writing their bits into the review. Meanwhile you can go visit the Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread and make there an intro post like you did in this thread, because we'll be discussing all the other review-related stuff over there.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #34
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    anyway,please don't worry and don't hesitate to modify what I wrote,since I'm sure your English is better than mine and since you should be able to add something that I might have misunderstood in the chapter,if I had. Furthermore,I'd be glad if my points of view are merged with those of The Underscore and of Newbie.

  7. #35
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    anyway,please don't worry and don't hesitate to modify what I wrote,since I'm sure your English is better than mine and since you should be able to add something that I might have misunderstood in the chapter,if I had. Furthermore,I'd be glad if my points of view are merged with those of The Underscore and of Newbie.
    On it.

    Anyway, if someone can, make a poll. My brain is full of f*ck, I can't come up with one.

  8. #36
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member The Underscore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Let's see, a poll concerning this chapter... you have no idea how last minute I usually think these ones up

    Two options:

    Vandenreich predicted Soul Society's end in five days. What means could they have to accomplish this?

    An elite group of powerful soldiers on par with the captains
    An army of mindless drones created from the Rukongai abductees
    An extremely powerful bomb, set to go off in five days time
    They intend to shift Soul Society off the dimensional grid
    A combination of (some of) the aforementioned options
    I don't know
    I don't care

    Second option:
    Why would Genryuusai allow Sasakibe to be attacked the way he's been?

    He didn't, he just couldn't do anything about it
    He would've done it himself eventually
    Just for kicks
    Genryuusai knows the importance of casualties for plot progression
    Sasakibe used to be a great vice-captain, but then he took an arrow to the guts

    I'd say these polls are interesting enough .
    The Underscore made his return (again)! Check out this week's review!

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Cool. I already wrote my section and edited everything up until your parts into the review. All that's left is Saito's predictions. Gotta PM him again.

    ---------- Post added March 03, 2012 at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

    Also, to everyone who finished writing their bits into the review. Meanwhile you can go visit the Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread and make there an intro post like you did in this thread, because we'll be discussing all the other review-related stuff over there.
    hey i sent that to you yesterday, i didnt know if i should just post it here or if you needed to personally review it first

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  11. #38
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    hey i sent that to you yesterday, i didnt know if i should just post it here or if you needed to personally review it first
    Check again

    I got your PM alright, and I edited it all into one thing. I'm posting it as we speak... or actually rather write (?)... whatever.

    ---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

    OP updated.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #39
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    Now post it in the reviews page on the Bleach Section.

    ---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

    Wait. Don't post it yet. Who the hell wrote the impression? "Oh, so boring! 12 pages of nothing". Really? After 3 different people wrote analysis, the person who wrote the impression didn't bother to make a more in depth impressiion about the content itself and the direction the story might take? And who is so important to write a personal impression within a review that was written by 5 people? Was there a group discussion about the chapter that I missed? I don't think there was, someone must have decided to write his own opinion in the official thing rather than the comments.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #40
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member The Underscore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    I have to agree with newbie on this one. It's a bit rash to declare half a chapter boring because there's no indication of the distance between two characters(?). Admittedly, it was obvious Ichigo would be able to break out of Ivan's spell using sheer force, perhaps being the part that's predictable. But that doesn't change the fact that Ivan's goal being to destroy Ichigo's Bankai was something I hadn't seen coming. Still you say that it's your own opinion (though I didn't see that it was Alpha's opinion in the actual review ), and you do emphasize that you find character progression more important for this part of the chapter. So I don't really see why we couldn't post this now. Perhaps it will lead to a discussion similar to the one that's (somewhat) started here .

    I do agree with the rest of the impression, mind you.

    On a personal note on the captions, for the one with Genryuusai, don't you guys think that it's just a bit disappointing that Genryuusai didn't say, 'there's no better security than me'? It would've gone so much better with the original song . Too bad we can't change the fact that Genryuusai says 'than this' in the actual picture .
    The Underscore made his return (again)! Check out this week's review!

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #41
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung




    What else can I say?

    I'm not going to re-write the Impressions section now, we can talk about it next review. End of it.

    ---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

    FYI, I asked mattia to post the review. If he doesn't by today evening my time, I'll post it myself or ask anyone who will be online that moment.

    ---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

    AAAARGH, I can't stand it. Have to explain.

    With 5 people on the board, there are only two ways of writing a JR. The review gets devided into 5 sections and everyone writes their own bit. Or the whole review is discussed beforehand, everyone tells their opinion about every single one of the section and then someone is being forced to read 5 full reviews and edit them all into 1.

    Now, what happened in this review was a mix of both variants. We had three people writing an analysis and one dummy who had to re-read them god knows how many times and edit them all into one. As a result we had a balanced opinion from three people. Now comes the Impressions section which was handled by one person and suddenly everyone goes like "Hey, we didn't discuss that beforehand, that is not my opinion, blah blah blah"


    Long story short. The review stays the way it is now, any changes in the way of writing a JR will occur next time.

  18. #42
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    a very good poll by The Underscore! I was thinking about something concerning both ivan and the Vandenreich,but that's great nonetheless! By the way,how do I title our review? I titled it with a simple name,did I have to title it "Reviewer Alliance"?

  19. #43
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

    O.K. The final review is out. This thread is hence closed.

    If you want to discuss the review do it in the actual review thread or in the RA HQ Thread.

  20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts