Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 105

Thread: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Crasp, I hope not.. but are you sure? I can't seem to find it, and iirc, it was pre-212 that we had one months break and two months wait?

    Last page 211 - http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/211/21 (As riki once was so kind to explain to me, it works this way in case of confusement. The March issue is posted a month before, so 212 is released in February, and 211 was released the 4th December, in the January release).
    Last page 212 - http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/212/30

    I might just have missed it though, atleast I can't find it.

    Was thinking to start over and read D.Gray-Man from scratch to get new and fresh inputs, anyone want to join?
    Nooo, since chap 207 we don't have any break xD just now... I guess is because that she wants to work on everything to 23 volume... I think she'll make an omake or extra
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Nooo, since chap 207 we don't have any break xD just now... I guess is because that she wants to work on everything to 23 volume... I think she'll make an omake or extra
    Hopefully it's something of that sort, would both be sad for her and bad for us if she is sick again, I hope not.

    But I don't see any month break in the latest chapter, released on mangareader on 02/07/2012, so it would mean we'll have a D.Gray-Man chapter between the 4'th and 7th of Marts.

    She also broke the habit of each second month release in chapter 209 and 210, then again a months break in 211 towards 212. But there are none mentioned between 212 and 213.

    So assuming we'll have a chapter between the 4th and 7th Marts.

    Unless you have a source telling othervice somewhere in your pockets? :3

  3. #18
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Look....a Cez...nice seeing you here...I'll be looking forward to work with you, when we'll actually review something I read(smacks alpha)....but until then I'll be watching you guys...so give it your best guys!!

  4. #19
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Look....a Cez...nice seeing you here...I'll be looking forward to work with you, when we'll actually review something I read(smacks alpha)....but until then I'll be watching you guys...so give it your best guys!!
    Wait, why did I just receive a smack?


    You told me that you wouldn't be writing any reviews 'till your exams were over!!

    ---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Unless you have a source telling othervice somewhere in your pockets? :3
    Last page of 212. "D-grayman will be on a break next issue"

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Hopefully it's something of that sort, would both be sad for her and bad for us if she is sick again, I hope not.

    But I don't see any month break in the latest chapter, released on mangareader on 02/07/2012, so it would mean we'll have a D.Gray-Man chapter between the 4'th and 7th of Marts.

    She also broke the habit of each second month release in chapter 209 and 210, then again a months break in 211 towards 212. But there are none mentioned between 212 and 213.

    So assuming we'll have a chapter between the 4th and 7th Marts.

    Unless you have a source telling othervice somewhere in your pockets? :3
    Nooo, there wasn't any break since the 207 chapter
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/d_gray_man/ <<< just look at the release dates, since 207, one in every month and like alpha said in the post above mine xD the last page is the source that we won't have the 213 chapter in march
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Look....a Cez...nice seeing you here...I'll be looking forward to work with you, when we'll actually review something I read(smacks alpha)....but until then I'll be watching you guys...so give it your best guys!!
    wut? am a thing?
    But glad to be here, and will be looking forward to working with you too

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Wait, why did I just receive a smack?


    You told me that you wouldn't be writing any reviews 'till your exams were over!!

    ---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------



    Last page of 212. "D-grayman will be on a break next issue"
    ohhhh, there it is, damn it's small !
    Can't believe I missed it

    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Nooo, there wasn't any break since the 207 chapter
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/d_gray_man/ <<< just look at the release dates, since 207, one in every month and like alpha said in the post above mine xD the last page is the source that we won't have the 213 chapter in march
    hehe aye, I see it now, sorry about that m8
    I just sleeped 13 hours out of exhaustion, been up ~48 hours working, so I guess I keeped staring blind on that page without seeing it was because of that

    So tonight, it's back to normal sleeping patterns, lmao

  7. #22
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Cez, 1111 post

    Anyway, I'll post a small plan of our actions in the next couple of mins

    ---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

    I don't why it took me so long to copy/paste a post I made 4 days ago

    Anyway, let's get things started. I propose a 4-days preperation phase where you'll... prepare for the review... (), after that we'll start writing. In the meantime I'll get us someone who will do the banner and try figuring out who is best suited for what section.

    Part 1
    Quote Quote:
    The first task that we have to clear is give you guys a basic understanding of what a review is and how it is structured. This'll be done in two stages. The first one is really simple. Read reviews. That's it. Every reviewer, started like this. Just take your time, and read other people's reviews. Personally, I recomment blackjack's Naruto Reviews and Underscore's Bleach Reviews, though you obviously can read whatever reviews you like.
    Part 2
    Quote Quote:
    Predictions:

    The predictions are more or less the easiest thing to write in a review, however, the secret between writing a good prediction and just making up random guesses is a little tricky. The thing is that in order to come up with a reasonable prediction you need a good understanding of how the mangaka handles things. You need to know the manga on a very good level. If someone asks you in which chapter a certain event happened you should be able to guess the correct chapter within ± 10 chapter range (though, I’ve never actually tried this, lol ^^).

    In the end, just like with everything else, you’ll just learn it after a couple of times. It’s nothing hard. Though you probably won’t need it in your first review, but predictions are divided into short term predictions and long term predictions. In 90% of the cases, a review features short term predictions, but periodically, long term predictions appear as well.


    Impressions:

    If the predictions require a good amount of knowledge about the series in general, the impressions section focuses on one individual chapter instead. Generally, this section can be divided into three main “sub-sections”. Plot, Art, and Characters. Obviously, these section can have an endless amount of their won sub-sections, but that’s something you review when you’re confident enough.

    For beginners, just make some comments about those three sub-sections I mentioned and everything will be fine. Add a small remark about your opinion of the whole chapter and the impressions section is ready.


    Analysis:

    I daresay, that this section is the toughest one. It’s kinda like a “reverse-prediction”. A prediction requires knowledge about the previous chapter to imagine how the future will look like. The analysis requires the same knowledge, but instead you have to explain how this chapter fits into the storyline of the chapters before it. It’s actually rather complicated to explain, especially since there are no strict rules or guidelines for a review format and additionally every reviewer evolves his/her own writing style, so that easiest thing to do here, is really just read other people’s reviews and try do it “like them”. You’ll develop your own style in the process.

    One of the biggest mistakes beginner reviewers make is writing a summary. DO NOT EVER WRITE A SUMMARY! You mention what happened in the chapter, and after that you explain what it means. The explanation part is the most important thing in this section. If you don’t write it, the analysis section becomes a boring text version of what the reader has already seen in pictures.




    To sum it all up. Right now, you’re all beginners, and all this stuff that I just mentioned will most likely have no effect. But that’s okay. When writing reviews, there’s only one thing you have to remember.
    Have fun.
    Last edited by alphabeta; February 24, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    hehe aye, I see it now, sorry about that m8
    I just sleeped 13 hours out of exhaustion, been up ~48 hours working, so I guess I keeped staring blind on that page without seeing it was because of that

    So tonight, it's back to normal sleeping patterns, lmao
    Haha i know how its like G_G when you sleep well your day is awesome but when you don't... xDD So, sleep well!! haha
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

  9. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Cez, 1111 post

    Anyway, I'll post a small plan of our actions in the next couple of mins

    ---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

    I don't why it took me so long to copy/paste a post I made 4 days ago

    Anyway, let's get things started. I propose a 4-days preperation phase where you'll... prepare for the review... (), after that we'll start writing. In the meantime I'll get us someone who will do the banner and try figuring out who is best suited for what section.

    Part 1


    Part 2
    Yippy! then here comes my 1.112th version of insanity

    Looks really interesting, got a feeling this will be fun, and as you said to which I entirely agree, the most important is to have fun, for more reasons
    Lets smith those readers with our happy mood *evil laugh*

    I'll think about it and the chapter during the day, possibly come up with my analysis, impressions, predictions tonight or tomorrow.
    Got a really busy weekend, University is nuking me !
    Combining that with the stupidity of pulling an all nighter

    Just a question though, how will the process work out from ground work of analysis, impressions, predictions, to final product (review)?
    I realize it's basically a review in 3 parts as you said, but we'll combine the good parts, or how do you plan this should work out? :3


    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Haha i know how its like G_G when you sleep well your day is awesome but when you don't... xDD So, sleep well!! haha
    Tell me about it, I'm so wasted xD !
    But atleast in a very good mood, that helps ^_^;

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Tell me about it, I'm so wasted xD !
    But atleast in a very good mood, that helps ^_^;
    haha, you know that day when it's raining and the bus pass so fast that it throws water on you? that day is when you don't sleep well xD seems like everything helps to make your day worse xD



    About the review, i've been reading some... i hope i can do it right xD
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

  11. #26
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    Just a question though, how will the process work out from ground work of analysis, impressions, predictions, to final product (review)?
    I realize it's basically a review in 3 parts as you said, but we'll combine the good parts, or how do you plan this should work out? :3
    IMPORTANT!!!

    Not only, cez, but everyone read this. I'll also copy/paste that in the other JR threads.

    Let's make this clear. The most important aspect of a Joint Review is that there are multiple people working on it. As a person who has written somewhere around 20 "full" reviews I know how f*cking hard it can be to come up with stuff. Long story short. A JR is divided into sections to make it easier for the people who write it. Everyone has his or her own section for which he or she is responsible. (writing "he/she" all the time is f*cking my life ). If you check out the Bakuman JR thread you'll see in the OP that the different sections are divided between the various participants. That applies to every review.

    One person writes one section. That's the simplified concept of what's going on. There are cases, where two people work on one section, but there are NO CASES, when one person writes three sections and then the parts that don't seem good enough are cropped. We're not the Washington Posts, for f*ck's sake, there is no good material and bad material.
    Last edited by alphabeta; February 25, 2012 at 07:03 AM.

  12. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Asturies.
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Up Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Hi!! I'm glad to see how motivated you're!!! Alpha suggested me to join you but it's impossible for me in this moment. May be I could do it in summer, when I'll have more time (and also if this poject is still working but I have the impression it'll be!!! I belive in you, guys! ;D.

    Summin gup, I only passed through to wish you good luck! I'll be reading you!.

    P.S.: An for the release of the new DGM volume see my post: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2794716

    See you! And be brave!

    Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Well, I've made mine. Was really fun and I hope you guys enjoy as much as I did.

    obs: was fun, but difficult HAHA I don't know if i made it right ):

    Spoiler: The 212th Night Review by Niko-kun show
    Last edited by Niko_kun; February 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #29
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    niko, read my posts

    We're doing seperate sections. One person - one section

    Don't make me crop material when you worked so hard

  17. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    niko, read my posts

    We're doing seperate sections. One person - one section

    Don't make me crop material when you worked so hard
    omg, i get it wrong hahaha but well, you can choose any section you want... I was excited writing and didn't realize what was doing haha! so sorry :x

    or would be better if I choose just one? and the other sections I delete
    Last edited by Niko_kun; February 25, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts