Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    The images are really strange... I think that the format should be like i have posted before (: now they are losing quality D:
    hmm odd, maybe it's something to do with the BB codes? Will have to do some research on that.
    They're basically the same pictures you posted, even comes from the same source (where you uploaded them, try check their addresses).

It works like this:
    PHP Code:
     [img=5050%]     [/img
    Which is half size of original size

I suspect it might be the scaling that ruins the quality, so maybe that just doesn't work.
    Last edited by Quantized; March 11, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cezgeth View Post
    hmm odd, maybe it's something to do with the BB codes? Will have to do some research on that.
    They're basically the same pictures you posted, even comes from the same source (where you uploaded them, try check their addresses).

It works like this:
    PHP Code:
     [img=5050%]     [/img
    Which is half size of original size

I suspect it might be the scaling that ruins the quality, so maybe that just doesn't work.
    oh I'm sorry! It was my navigator (i'm using safari) but in Mozilla they are ok!! ˆˆ sorry again
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

oh I'm sorry! It was my navigator (i'm using safari) but in Mozilla they are ok!! ˆˆ sorry again
    Nothing to be sorry about, it helped in more ways
    For one, we now know we need to watch out using the resize on the forum board, since not all use standard browsers to support the coding, this is important.
    Instead of worry about which browser supports it, we can just change the actual size in photoshop or similar and no problems will arise.

On a personal level I'm slowly learning website design, so this knowledge is gold in more ways <3 Cheers

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I copied the review to the OP so that you won't have to search 6 pages to find the actual review. For future occasions, always check out the OP.

Here is a VERY rough compile of everything so far.

Please check for any errors, corrections, suggestions and what not that could be improved

Problems that needs a fix:
    • How should we credit people who wrote each section/artists?
    • You want your full account name in credits or prefer your nick?
    • Can someone make a banner for Analsys? (Looking at Niko with puppy eyes) hihi
    • I placed the Joint Review banner last in the Review, cause it looks awesome ending the Review with it. It looks like there are signatures on the image, and normally you put these late. (Any impression on this, should we do it differently?).
    • Ideas on replacing banners with Headlines? Completely or semi? For example, short term predictions and long term predictions seems a bit bold when put in text. Banners would be flashy if this is possibly to provide
    • Still no Impressions (Should come soon but feel free to discuss on if any thoughts).
    • There has been no editing done to the individual texts, once we start doing that, we'll go through it together. First we need the above problems solved.
    I'm not a real fan of selfboasting. That's why it's "A Joint Review" and not "A Joint Review by aaa, bbb and ccc," at the very beginning of the review. However, I agree with the idea of writing the reviewer's name after the section banner. We'll have to apply this idea in the other reviews as well. Both the section baners and the reviewer's name mentioning. Although, I think we will have standard section banners for all reviews, but that's still a question.

ST and LT predictions are two "sub-sections" of the actual predictions section. It is only now, in the beginner stage, that those two are so "visually" divided in two. In the future, when you guys will become more experienced, the predictions will become more... "full", you won't strictly distuingiush between ST and LT predictions, it will become all mixed up.

Long story short. There's no point for ST and LT predictions banners. I'm not even sure about making the "Short Term Predictions" and "Long Terms Predictions" bold.

I agree on the last part. Let's wait for the impressions to appear, after that the editing can begin.

Also if anyone wants to put chapter pictures into their sections?
    If you check the Bleach Review for example, they did a nice job with chapter images, and some hit hard, like the picture of Yama-Jii was excellent, imho.
    Found here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...iegs-ErKlarung
    All done by me, you know

On that note, let me warn you that making these "chapter images" can result in both epic wins as well as epic fails, so it's a double edged sword. If you make them funny, people will love you, if you won't... well, haters gonna hate.

Although, we could divide them all between all the reviewers and everyone would write one of these "chapter images".

images from the chapter would be nice, but i think that just in the analysis
    Yeah, awesome banner

On a side note, I think that the "Predictions" text in the predictions banner needs a black border. The "c" kinda overlaps with the white background and it becomes hardly visible. In order to keep a consistency the same black border needs to be added to the other banners as well.

Whaddya think about this, niko?

Update changings been made:
    - Sized the banners to 60% of original size, thoughts? Should they be bigger or smaller?
    - Centralized the signature image, keeped it at 90% original size.
    - Added a title to the Review, should probably be changed later.

Keep in mind that we're a team, if you would like to change something or revert something changed back, just post
    Yep, I still haven't figured out the size. Let's wait for the impressions, we can decide after that.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

like this ? (:

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

like this ? (:
    There's a "bevel and emboss" in this one, right? It's better than the one without a border, but I kinda imagined just a simple 2-3 px border. Could you make such a variant also, please?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    There's a "bevel and emboss" in this one, right? It's better than the one without a border, but I kinda imagined just a simple 2-3 px border. Could you make such a variant also, please?
    of course i can! haha will be here in a minute...

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

well, i made a new one, and really liked it xD

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

O.K. that one looks better. No need for any borders anymore.

And what happened to the Impressions, cez?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member unknownymous's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for not keeping in touch all that much. I've been a little busy, though I haven't been posting that much since one, '1liners that do not really contribute to the effort of writing the reviews' - (benelori) will be deleted anyway, and two, I really don't know where to butt in so I can help. XD

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unknownymous View Post
    Sorry for not keeping in touch all that much. I've been a little busy, though I haven't been posting that much since one, '1liners that do not really contribute to the effort of writing the reviews' - (benelori) will be deleted anyway, and two, I really don't know where to butt in so I can help. XD
    Elbows out? Check.
    Adrenalin rosh? Check.
    Some candy in a bowl ahead? Check.
    Lock target? Check.

Now all you have to do, is swing around those elbows, hit down your opponents, just reach it, no matter what it takes!!

Ok, kidding
    But not kidding about the point of the above though, just throw something out, finished or unfinished ideas, or even just brainstorming
    It's like having your own thoughts in your own head, making up ideas, but here as a team, we need to think like one.

For example if anyone would like to do Impressions, but sitting on it, you'll have to let everyone else know that you feel like doing it

I don't have much time lately, and of course I burned down my computer last night (was a nice camp fire though ), but if no one wants to do it, then I'll get it done soon when I find little time
    So it will get done, but I'm curious about what you girls & guys feel?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    O.K. that one looks better. No need for any borders anymore.

And what happened to the Impressions, cez?
    Alrighty, wrote Kisame a PM, hopefully he'll be around soon
    If he's not, I'll do the last part for this week.
    If there is any volunteers, then that fine as well, but lets wait another 2 days and see if he comes about.

He still has 3 hours and 13 minute

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Elbows out? Check.
    Adrenalin rosh? Check.
    Lock target? Check.

Now all you have to do, is swing around those elbows, hit down your opponents, just reach it, no matter what it takes!!

Ok, kidding
    But not kidding about the point of the above though, just throw something out, finished or unfinished ideas, or even just brainstorming
    It's like having your own thoughts in your own head, making up ideas, but here as a team, we need to think like one.

For example if anyone would like to do Impressions, but sitting on it, you'll have to let everyone else know that you feel like doing it

I don't have much time lately, and of course I burned down my computer last night (was a nice camp fire though ), but if no one wants to do it, then I'll get it done soon when I find little time

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

well, i have made it if u wanna use but if someone wants to do it, its ok

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member unknownymous's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Elbows out? Check.
    Adrenalin rosh? Check.
    Lock target? Check.

Ok, kidding

Got it!

well, i have made it if u wanna use but if someone wants to do it, its ok
    I'll give it a try as well. I'll probably be able to get it up in a day or two. We can always combine what we have, so yeah.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it!

I'll give it a try as well. I'll probably be able to get it up in a day or two. We can always combine what we have, so yeah.
    yeah we can do this! When we work together is always better

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it!

yeah we can do this! When we work together is always better
    Sweet, looking forward to see it
    Any thoughts on how you will merge it?
    Was thinking if it's written slighthly in sections, the process could be easier, but also not so much that the reader will notice the sections.

Think you can have it done tomorrow?

16th March - Two Complete Inpressions
    17th March - Merging the two Impressions completed.
    18th March - Finish touch on the D.Gray-Man review (Release date - deadline).

So if all goes well, we can post it in the D.Gray-Man section in 3 days

As for who will post the review and receive all the "Thanks" and "Likes" I think it should be one of you three.
    Next week it will be another, and so forth on cycle basis.

Anyone who wants to go first? or doesn't mind to wait a week or two?
    If no objections, we'll make a list so we always know who will post ahead of time

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold it!

There is no reason to write two full impressions. The OP said two impressions because otherwise one person would be left without any section at all.

I'm not against writing two impressions, but only if it won't cause unnecesarry troubles.

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast