Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Uvogin foreshadow Gon's future?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Uvogin foreshadow Gon's future?

In my opinion, I believe Uvogin has been the strongest enhancer we have seen in the story, and the strongest enhancer we will probably ever see..
    As many of you may know, Gon is also an enhancer. Personally, I think Uvogin was meant to not only serve as a way to illustrate Kurapika's new powers, but also to layout the potential power Gon will have in the future. I think Gon will learn how to be as strong, or perhaps even stronger than Uvogin during the Dark continent arc.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Uvogin foreshadow Gon's future?

I don't think he will be the strongest of the story, Gon will . Uvo is just the proof that Enhancement attacks are overkill, there is surely an Enhancer among the Zodiacs too. Potential-wise, Gon is a genius. Uvo was good but he was only focused on Enhancement. As Biscuit said, it's better to master well the 2 categories near to your own as well.

I see Gon more like Phinks but Gon has more versatility than him.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, YES! I always thought like that. Uvo is like an evil more powerful version of Gon.

Not only do they have a similar fighting style and Nen, they both also have extremely similar personalities(I think even Nobunaga and Franklin noted so). They are both prideful, selfish at times, wild, unpredictable and power hungry. Plus, they both fight best when there is someone to protect.

I imagine Gon being a good(and less badass) version of Uvo at the end of the Manga.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Overkill is a good way to describe Ubogin, and overkill is pretty pointless in HXH. As Machi pointed out, if the guy with the biting attack had deadly poison instead of paralyzing poison then Ubogin would've died immediately and that's that. HXH has a rather ridiculous balance of power. On one hand Reinforcement never loses, but on the other hand you can always win if you a some poisoned weapon on your side (assuming you're able to wound the other guy, but if you can't then you're just hopelessly outclassed anyway). You'd think a typical battle in HXH would involve 2 guys in a gas mask throwing poison grenades at each other, because that's a lot more effective than any crazy power you could possibly develop, but of course that's not what actually happens.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I don't think he will be the strongest of the story, Gon will . Uvo is just the proof that Enhancement attacks are overkill, there is surely an Enhancer among the Zodiacs too. Potential-wise, Gon is a genius. Uvo was good but he was only focused on Enhancement. As Biscuit said, it's better to master well the 2 categories near to your own as well.

I see Gon more like Phinks but Gon has more versatility than him.
    Could you explain how one learns another category? The manga didn't really elaborate on that part too well.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like that's too much of a simplification and frankly Gon's smarter than Uvo. I don't think it's absolutley impossible given what we saw when Gon forcibly aged himself but otherwise... I think it'll be something else.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Dude, YES! I always thought like that. Uvo is like an evil more powerful version of Gon.

Not only do they have a similar fighting style and Nen, they both also have extremely similar personalities(I think even Nobunaga and Franklin noted so). They are both prideful, selfish at times, wild, unpredictable and power hungry. Plus, they both fight best when there is someone to protect.

I imagine Gon being a good(and less badass) version of Uvo at the end of the Manga.
    Glad to see that I'm not the only guy who sees the connection.

i wouldn't mind seeing Gon on Uvogin's enhancer ability level but with a tinge of a second category, in order to differentiate the two.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    I feel like that's too much of a simplification and frankly Gon's smarter than Uvo. I don't think it's absolutley impossible given what we saw when Gon forcibly aged himself but otherwise... I think it'll be something else.
    Nobunaga.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think uvo can beat even palm and gon is probably stronger than him as of now. Not to mention transformed gon.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Could you explain how one learns another category? The manga didn't really elaborate on that part too well.
    First he is using Transformation and EMission so he must masters them to some degree. For Transformation there is for example the lvl 1 training which is to transmute is Nen into numbers and the lvl 1 and lvl 5 Emission trainings, Killua for example practiced the lvl 1 Enhancement training with Gon since it is close to Transmutation. There are probably 5 levels for each type but Specialization but we don't know them.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenosecon View Post
    I don't think uvo can beat even palm and gon is probably stronger than him as of now. Not to mention transformed gon.
    no. and transformed Gon was a very very very special case--which almost cost Gon his life.

In terms of raw power, Uvo would snap Gon's neck in a split second if his attack connects. You are really underestimating Uvo.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Overkill is a good way to describe Ubogin, and overkill is pretty pointless in HXH. As Machi pointed out, if the guy with the biting attack had deadly poison instead of paralyzing poison then Ubogin would've died immediately and that's that. HXH has a rather ridiculous balance of power. On one hand Reinforcement never loses, but on the other hand you can always win if you a some poisoned weapon on your side (assuming you're able to wound the other guy, but if you can't then you're just hopelessly outclassed anyway). You'd think a typical battle in HXH would involve 2 guys in a gas mask throwing poison grenades at each other, because that's a lot more effective than any crazy power you could possibly develop, but of course that's not what actually happens.
    Not really, when you have people like the Zoldycks who can become immune to poison. Chrollo tried that and Sliva barely flinched.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that is interesting, Uvogin used his roar(sound) to attack the shadow beasts, and Gon used the same tactic (roar/sound) in his fight with the bat and owl chimera ants. Definitely not a coincidence!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    First he is using Transformation and EMission so he must masters them to some degree. For Transformation there is for example the lvl 1 training which is to transmute is Nen into numbers and the lvl 1 and lvl 5 Emission trainings, Killua for example practiced the lvl 1 Enhancement training with Gon since it is close to Transmutation. There are probably 5 levels for each type but Specialization but we don't know them.
    What Biscuit showed Gon and Killua was what she learned from Netero's Nen School on how to train and develop the different aspects of nen.

As shown Lv1 Study and practice was quite simple and the exercise pertained to the type of nen. However Killua was better at Gon than Enhancement lv1 training. In the long run Gon would be able to achieve higher levels and be much better for he can use it 100% while Killua is stuck at 80%.

With this in mind Uvo BBI attack ain't no Lv5 Enhancement training....Nor is Netero's Emission Buhdda Statue any low lv training number...The fact Netero gained the kind of power he did and wasn't the strongest nen user anymoree, shows that there isn't a Cap on the Level, just the natural % everybody is limited to..

But An Enhancer Gon's level isn't going to fair well again'st somebody like Uvo.......

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    What Biscuit showed Gon and Killua was what she learned from Netero's Nen School on how to train and develop the different aspects of nen.

As shown Lv1 Study and practice was quite simple and the exercise pertained to the type of nen. However Killua was better at Gon than Enhancement lv1 training. In the long run Gon would be able to achieve higher levels and be much better for he can use it 100% while Killua is stuck at 80%.

With this in mind Uvo BBI attack ain't no Lv5 Enhancement training....Nor is Netero's Emission Buhdda Statue any low lv training number...The fact Netero gained the kind of power he did and wasn't the strongest nen user anymoree, shows that there isn't a Cap on the Level, just the natural % everybody is limited to..

But An Enhancer Gon's level isn't going to fair well again'st somebody like Uvo.......
    I am not saying that these training methods are the ultimate ones but that they are the methods to control your Nen type and categories near of it correctly for a novice. So, a good Enhancer with enough control of his Nen should be able to complete Level 5 Enhancement with ease, to use its Nen a its best, mastering the level 5 of the Transmutation and Emission categories are vital too. Biscuit can even achieve level 5 Emission with ease despite being a Transmuter. Once you achieved these tasks, I guess you just have to train your body, practices your Nen daily and using various methods of training depending of your fighting style to improve.

With his Enhancement mastery, Uvo could easily achieve level 5 Enhancement's task IMO but I am not sure for the 2 other categories.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rezard's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Imho , Uvo is more like a showcase on how enhancement can become later. I don't think its related that much to gon's futur.
    There's indeed somes similarites. The sound roar is a good example.

Uvo used it only for killing the beast with thoses hair shield.
    Gon its a bit different, for the bat fight he mostly used common sense. Gon passed a lot of his childood in a forest or whatever. Increased his knowledge about that a lot and used sound against the bat.
    Uvo died way to early in my opinion, its hard to know his "real strenght" the beast fight was merely a joke for him, and Kurapika is overpowered against the genei ryodan.
    I see more Nobunaga mixed a bit with Phinx , than Uvogin as gon'shadow.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast