Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Oh nice...pretty well timed too, with the end of this arc...I absolutely adore that Tian is not the current main villain...female villains are...especially this one...doesn't really subscribe to comicbook stereotype from what I've been reading
    Yes. The story of Shi Xing had a pretty nice twist turn when we knew he was a good king with noble feelings and actions toward his people. That also portrayed the Xin Yue as THE bitch among the bitches.

Only things I didn't like it so much until now:

- The art is just great. (I think I will postulate it for the best art category in the current manga awards, dont you think it has a chance?). But in the panels about the fights, in some moments I think the author focuses too much in drawing the bodies of the figthers much more that in their movement:

Spoiler show

So, sometimes, to me, beyond the perfect lines and the amazing colors, the art lacks of some fluidity...

- I didn't like the plot development of Zi Dian. I feel it a bit farfetched, since his attempt of rape and his personality seems to be there only to construct a better relationship between Ah Gou and Ah Lan, and to project Ah Gou as a noble and brave warrior. Nothing more than that, and I don't think that line was necesary at all: Ah Lan and Ah Gou could have a good relationship since the beginning, and Zi Dian disproporcionate and violent behaviour wasn't necesary at all.

- I also would like Shi Xing to have a better fate. He's just a really greta character. It would be a shame if that is all about him, and I hope for him that in the story there would be a world beyond dead from where he could have another chance or at least a moment of freedom of his evel curse.

- Almost there is no humor in the story. I only remember one joke (Ah Gou saying that Xin Shi was a handsome kind).

The rest, 95% of the comic, is just amazing. Pretty great comic and I'm really happy to have found it. Thanks for the thread, because that was the way i follow to find it :-)

I found this interesting post about the historical background by starspawn08 from mangafox:

Quote Quote:
    For those who do not yet know, the Shang dynasty actually existed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Dynasty
    There was also a medieval fantasy novel about its fall: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fengshen_Yanyi
    and a manga ( which I have not read yet ) based on said novel: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/houshin_engi/
    Some characters also recur in other Chinese fantasy stories like Journey to the West and Lotus Lantern.

The main difference between the traditional story and Feng Shen Ji so far is that in the former the last king of Shang was considered corrupt and tyrannical and the overthrow of his rule was thus seen as a righteous war.
    I will read about it, since I didn't know about this background.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 05, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Murim's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This series has become one of my recent favorites. The plot development is excellent. Wu Geng's growth is impressive. Rather than being all guilty about earlier assumption of Zi Yu's death, he didn't let it drown himself. Wu was willing to move forward.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    This series has become one of my recent favorites. The plot development is excellent. Wu Geng's growth is impressive. Rather than being all guilty about earlier assumption of Zi Yu's death, he didn't let it drown himself. Wu was willing to move forward.
    I don't know much about manhua. But I wonder if they won't have another great comics like this one. I enjoy the art so much. It's a gift to the eyes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta admit in terms of art Feng Shen Ji is 1 of the few manhuas that is very appealing to the eye with a good mix of hand drawan and digital skills.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 35 english version out

---------- Post added March 27, 2013 at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was March 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM ----------

Chapter 36 out

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This fight is too soon for Wu Geng. Yun Zhong was taken down so quickly indicates how strong AH Zhui is. Bai Cai sacrificed herself to protect WU Geng. Now, there are two possibilities:

1). Either Ah Zhui would retreat knowing he had hurt her, which most unlikely
    2). This event will be a trigger for Wu Geng to become stronger and unlocking more portion of his divine powers

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

This fight is too soon for Wu Geng. Yun Zhong was taken down so quickly indicates how strong AH Zhui is. Bai Cai sacrificed herself to protect WU Geng. Now, there are two possibilities:

1). Either Ah Zhui would retreat knowing he had hurt her, which most unlikely
    2). This event will be a trigger for Wu Geng to become stronger and unlocking more portion of his divine powers
    Both possibilities could actually happen. Let's see what happened, I just found it: chapter 37 is out.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was. The crisis has been averted. Wu wants to attacks God's realm. Not only it sounds crazy but impossible. The plot just became more interesting. Who was the guy who helped Bai Cai. Another one of those fallen gods.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was. The crisis has been averted. Wu wants to attacks God's realm. Not only it sounds crazy but impossible. The plot just became more interesting. Who was the guy who helped Bai Cai. Another one of those fallen gods.
    He appeared three chapters ago here. He belongs to another supernatural group who is against the Gods, but is different from the falled gods... to add more suspense, eh? :-)

---------- Post added April 14, 2013 at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2013 at 02:31 PM ----------

Chapter 38 out.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So, part/season 1 is finally finished. Wu Geng goes to the Phantom Island to train with his uncle Zi Yu in order to grow strong enough to enter the God´s Domain. Certainly the right time to cut off and start with part 2. I just hope EGS has the second part raw.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    So, part/season 1 is finally finished. Wu Geng goes to the Phantom Island to train with his uncle Zi Yu in order to grow strong enough to enter the God´s Domain. Certainly the right time to cut off and start with part 2. I just hope EGS has the second part raw.
    Ey, nice to see you are reading this one!! Do you have doubts about EGS having the second part?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Ey, nice to see you are reading this one!! Do you have doubts about EGS having the second part?
    I don´t know how available Chinese raws are to be honest.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I don´t know how available Chinese raws are to be honest.
    Judging for this joke, they have season 2 already, and there will be no delays.

New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast