Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

I actually didnt find it the chapter to be that predictable. What i mean by that is that i expected either Bai Cal or Wu geng to join the fight but not Shi Xing.

I'm really excited to see that he's going to fight Tian Kui. It will be spectacular for sure.
    Last edited by Nast.J; April 28, 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sharogy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx For the support for the awsome Serie Guys ~!,

@strixflash, if u were going to Quote me atleast write my name correctly ? thx.

-TL of FSJ

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    I actually didnt find it the chapter to be that predictable. What i mean by that is that i expected either Bai Cal or Wu geng to join the fight but not Shi Xing.

I'm really excited to see that he's going to fight Tian Kui. It will be spectacular for sure.
    That part is what was predictable for me because it was obvious that none of the present characters could deal with Tian Kui, he just had too much hype for that, so who is the perfect character to demonstrate his new found strength, yep, Shi Xing.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That part is what was predictable for me because it was obvious that none of the present characters could deal with Tian Kui, he just had too much hype for that, so who is the perfect character to demonstrate his new found strength, yep, Shi Xing.

Yes, it was kind of predictable that Shi Xing was going to search for Xin Yue and Tian, since they both were the murderers of his wife, and who punished with the lost of his memory... But, the last page took me by surprise. Maybe because of the pace, I didn't expect him to be that fast in front of Tian. Now, this fight will be really great. Shi Xing wouldn't have a chance agains Tian by his own. But with the help of the Phoenix it's hard to predict.

This Phoenix who has enter in a symbotic partnership with Shi, according to the story told by Wu Gen's mother is the same which resided in the armor used by the king at the beginning of the story. The Phoenix is related to the guy called Cheng Tang, 600 years ago, at the beginning of Shang Dynasty. And in this page he told even the failed try intended by King Shou. I was expecting for him to join Wu Geng at some point of the story. But it's a pretty nice cliffhanger to see he joined Shi.

For what we saw in the fight between King Shou and the gods, in the beginning, the Phoenix made the King capable of matching many gods. But with out his help, it doesn't seem that King Shou could beat Tian Kui, the hellboy guy. Anyway, if
    King Shou < Shi Xing, and
    King Shou + Inmortal Phoenix > Tian Kui, then
    Shi Xing + Inmortal Phoenix should be > Tian Kui.
    Place your bets...
    Last edited by ukimix; April 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually knew someone was gonna come so in that sense it was predictable just like Miya said. But I would have never thought that Shi Xing would play a role so soon after he merged with the Immortal Phoenix and like ukimix said, i didn't think he would get there this fast.

So in that aspect, i believed Wu Geng or someone else would have joined the fight but not Shi Xing.

I also think Xing should be able to win for the same reasoning as ukimix but we never know, the priestess is just behind, she probably is strong too.. I can see her giving powers or regenerate Tian Kui if he gets in trouble.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the fact that the phoenix didn't merge with the main character was a nice surprise.
    I didn't really expect Shi Xing to appear so soon since chapter one looked more like a preamble. But with him, Bai Cai new powers remain hidden and I'm now even more curious about them since she planned to use them to counter a god.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Golden week everywhere? No way!!!

Chapter 3 season 2 out: http://egscans.org/feng-shen-ji-s2-03/

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was amazing, we discovered two main interesting stuff :

-Shi Xing is the son of Tian
    -Xin Yue isn't as weak as we thought she would be in fact she can summon spirits of corrosion.

and last but not least, We've finally seen Tian Kui's face and this was just mindblowing for me, I didnt think he would look like that, well a bit but not exactly like that.
    We're finally going to have one incredible fight, i wonder who is going to win.. I guess the logic would be that Xing will be the winner but we never know, it's Feng Shen Ji, it won't be the first time that we get a surprise.

I wonder if Wu Geng will be able to show up to save Bai cal and co. or if Bai Cal is going to use her powers to save everyone. Anyway, this manhua never stop to amaze me, this chapter was also beautiful artwise!

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was amazing, we discovered two main interesting stuff :

-Shi Xing is the son of Tian
    -Xin Yue isn't as weak as we thought she would be in fact she can summon spirits of corrosion.

and last but not least, We've finally seen Tian Kui's face and this was just mindblowing for me, I didnt think he would look like that, well a bit but not exactly like that.
    We're finally going to have one incredible fight, i wonder who is going to win.. I guess the logic would be that Xing will be the winner but we never know, it's Feng Shen Ji, it won't be the first time that we get a surprise.

I wonder if Wu Geng will be able to show up to save Bai cal and co. or if Bai Cal is going to use her powers to save everyone. Anyway, this manhua never stop to amaze me, this chapter was also beautiful artwise!
    I don't see Fu Geng coming right now. If fallen gods get saved, I see two ways for that to happen: or Bai Cai or Ha Lan. I still could believe she was bluffing.

Tian Kui's face didn't surprise me much. But I didn't expect to see it that fast. He didn't lost his hut in his initial fight against King Shou, who was superior to him. So, possibly, that his face has been shown to us now, could be a bad sign for him.

I suppose Xin Yue's end will be something like she been devoured by those spirits of corruption. But of course that would be the least interesting part. Many interesting things will have to happen with her, until we reach that chapter.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I also believe Ba Lan isn't bad but i doubt she will help them now, i think she wants to infiltrate the gods realm and see what happened of ''Grandpa''. Wu geng is too far like you said, i was just curious that we've seen him in the last page.

What actually surprised me about Tian Kui was his eyes and the blue diamond on his forehead, it looked cool!
    I actually don't know at this point if he gave his all vs King Shou, i mean King Shou only had the power of the immortal phoenix and he seemed really superior to Tian Kui to the point that all the gods there weren't strong enough to beat him unless they attacked in group but Tian came and settled it.

Whereas Xing has the phoenix power + his attribute as a god as well which logically makes him stronger than King Shou by default. So i hope (and guess) Tian Kui didnt show everything back then or he's going to get lose very quickly and this wouldn't be much of a fight.

I think Xin Yue is planning to take Tian's place at some point, i don't know the reason but i guess we're going to have a background flashback at some point. I see her being like the final boss or something, someone hiding in the shadow of the strongest to better manipulate him and at some point taking his place. Also since she predict many things, maybe she's a good person and she planned all of this to free the humans from god's wrath by forcing fate and playing a role in it as well, this idea wouldn't be bad at all :P

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I also believe Ba Lan isn't bad but i doubt she will help them now, i think she wants to infiltrate the gods realm and see what happened of ''Grandpa''. Wu geng is too far like you said, i was just curious that we've seen him in the last page.

What actually surprised me about Tian Kui was his eyes and the blue diamond on his forehead, it looked cool!
    I actually don't know at this point if he gave his all vs King Shou, i mean King Shou only had the power of the immortal phoenix and he seemed really superior to Tian Kui to the point that all the gods there weren't strong enough to beat him unless they attacked in group but Tian came and settled it.

Whereas Xing has the phoenix power + his attribute as a god as well which logically makes him stronger than King Shou by default. So i hope (and guess) Tian Kui didnt show everything back then or he's going to get lose very quickly and this wouldn't be much of a fight.

I think Xin Yue is planning to take Tian's place at some point, i don't know the reason but i guess we're going to have a background flashback at some point. I see her being like the final boss or something, someone hiding in the shadow of the strongest to better manipulate him and at some point taking his place. Also since she predict many things, maybe she's a good person and she planned all of this to free the humans from god's wrath by forcing fate and playing a role in it as well, this idea wouldn't be bad at all :P
    Xin Yue being good wouldn't be believable, to me. The story has portrayed her as the meanest one among the gods. It's her who seems to be manipulating Tian the Black Dragon. If she comes to be good, the story wouldn't have another believable rival against who the humans would fight for freedom, apart from Tian the Black Dragon. It would be a sensible lost on the 'bads' side.

I like the design of Tian Kui. It's only that in some sense I had imagined him with blank eyes. But his drawing is great. The chapter had three beautiful pages in its own style (i) the cover with Shi Xing with black skin is just pretty amazing. It caused me great impression. The one with Shi in white skin was good but the cover was better. (ii) Tian Kui with out hat and in full body, also pretty impressive. And finally this one, that tells much of the essence of the story (it could be used in the one page recommendation):

Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; May 04, 2013 at 04:24 AM.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sharogy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Nastj,
    Shi Xing's has lost most of his innate abilities by now, but luckily the immortal phoenix has most of it covered. I have collected couple working theory regarding this here if you wish to read up on the details:
    http://forum.egscans.org/showthread....cussion-Thread

Anyhow, Tian Kui never lost his hat in the fight against King Zhou, but he lost it instantly against Shi Xing, i think the difference is clear, it is likely Tian Kui never went all out against king Zhou in the first place since he was just a human and all. i cant really say much more without adding spoilers

@ukimix
    alot of you questions/expectations regarding Tian Kui, Xin Yue will unfortunately not come to light in part IV "realm beyond the world" this sunday , but they will ~~! soon

Some of the Lines in Part V will be really catchy look forward to that.

-peace

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this manhua was highly recommended I thought of reading only chapter 1 yesterday night, turns out I already read everything!

Great story and art indeed! I just feel that aside from the main character the others are not well developed, some attitudes are just too sudden...

Anyway small prediction since I'm here.... since Shi Xing is actually the prince of gods and a benevolent god, he will probably be the next king of gods.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    @ Nastj,
    Shi Xing's has lost most of his innate abilities by now, but luckily the immortal phoenix has most of it covered. I have collected couple working theory regarding this here if you wish to read up on the details:
    http://forum.egscans.org/showthread....cussion-Thread

Anyhow, Tian Kui never lost his hat in the fight against King Zhou, but he lost it instantly against Shi Xing, i think the difference is clear, it is likely Tian Kui never went all out against king Zhou in the first place since he was just a human and all. i cant really say much more without adding spoilers

@ukimix
    alot of you questions/expectations regarding Tian Kui, Xin Yue will unfortunately not come to light in part IV "realm beyond the world" this sunday , but they will ~~! soon

Some of the Lines in Part V will be really catchy look forward to that.

-peace
    Hi. thanks a lot for your fantastic work in translating this manhwa. Very much appreciated.

I like your theories. I have noticed the lost of mass body of Shi Xing but I haven't thought he has lost most of his innate abilities. But I missed where that lost was showed to us, so could you please point me to that chapter.

Now, please let me ask you to add spoilers tags to the spoilers ... So that one can choice to read it or not:

Spoiler show

Btw, what other manhwa do you recommend of those you are translating now, or already complete?
    Last edited by ukimix; May 05, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast