Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I like the pace of this series a lot, the author doesn't waste time, and he can convey anything about main characters and side characters too in just a few chapters...

I'm looking forward to next week, to see what Ah Lan has to say
    You make me think... I'm reading 10 series at the moment and, talking about pace, this comic makes it much better than most of them (OP, Naruto, ToG, Noblesse among them).

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

It's funny because, OP and Naruto are among the big ones from Japan; ToG and Noblesse among the big ones from Korea. But with this you always have the feeling that you are not being told useless lines.

---------- Post added July 28, 2013 at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was July 24, 2013 at 08:09 AM ----------

Chap out: http://egscans.org/feng-shen-ji-s2-17/

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Nice chapter, tho I think Ah Gou is out of place in torturing Shi Xing. It seems to me unjustifiably cocky since when he came of his last training.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 24, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sharogy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most have seen way too many shonen jump type of protagonist that are just over the top honor bound to fight to the death for their "nakamas" or "insert random ideal priciple or beliefs",

Wu Geng is an extreme realistic character that would run away from a fight that he can't win, exploit a situation if it benefits him, do bad things occasionally just for l0lz, and enjoy himself often at the cost of other less fortunate ones.

in the end he is a brat that just got a sudden power up and is yet to be put to the test, anyone who feels him self a million dollars has that kind of ego, and i know many irl that are much worse.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    I think most have seen way too many shonen jump type of protagonist that are just over the top honor bound to fight to the death for their "nakamas" or "insert random ideal priciple or beliefs",

Wu Geng is an extreme realistic character that would run away from a fight that he can't win, exploit a situation if it benefits him, do bad things occasionally just for l0lz, and enjoy himself often at the cost of other less fortunate ones.

in the end he is a brat that just got a sudden power up and is yet to be put to the test, anyone who feels him self a million dollars has that kind of ego, and i know many irl that are much worse.
    I had the same impression. I was about to wrote that he has got drunk in power; that would explain his recent development.

I give you that he's not the regular shounen kind of hero, and I like that. But I don't understand why I should have to like, seeing him hitting some defenceless guy only for the lolz. So I don't understand well what the author is doing there. It could be just a difference of preferences. that's why I say it seems a bit weird to me.

Also, in some sense I find the Ah Gou that was trying to safe his wife back in the mines a bit more mature than the brat from this chapter. And that comes to my mind just because according with what we have seen, he will have to lead the dark ones, which somehow would require more wise than what he's showing now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

When he was in the mines, he wasn't that strong. He's really strong now and power makes people change.

To be honest, the only reason i think he was torturing Xing was only because Xing pissed him off too much and attacked him back when Xing was bad and Wu geng wanted payback that he can now get because Xing is immortal and isn't the nice Xing but more like a beast during full moons.

Who wouldn't jump on the opportunity :P

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at what Ah Gou was doing, but he didn't really see the transformation, so perhaps that is the reason, plus that the guy lost his hand and had to fight through a horde of zombies with his captive uncle...I think, me too, was underestimating the stress during that period and how that affected or still affects Ah Gou's feelings towards Shi Xing...

I like how Bai Cai acts though, I think she will become his anchor, and restrain the cruelty that comes with his power and get him back into the human world, as far as personality goes...

Really good chapter...too bad the authors are focusing on the story, which of course gives us the great pace, but maaaan, I'd love to see this world explored some more

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

http://readonline.egscans.org/Feng_S...isplay=webtoon

So Wu Geng's divine power keeps growing, he's definitively special. A lot of new characters were introduced, the dark ones finally caught up with the marshall's ship. They got rid of the sea devils boss real quick.

Linlin seems really interesting!

A good chapter overall but not really much to talk about at the moment unfortunately.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    http://readonline.egscans.org/Feng_S...isplay=webtoon

So Wu Geng's divine power keeps growing, he's definitively special. A lot of new characters were introduced, the dark ones finally caught up with the marshall's ship. They got rid of the sea devils boss real quick.

Linlin seems really interesting!

A good chapter overall but not really much to talk about at the moment unfortunately.
    Yes. The father stabbing her daugther remembered me of Abraham and Jacob from the Bible... I wonder what will be the role of all those allies. And Xiao Yaozi is like the guy who will sell all of them to the gods, just to get a safer place for him.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter is out, and wow things are getting better and better, although with this entire presentation the pace slowed down a bit...but I guess I don't mind that

It's so hard to remember the names though

Also good to see Tian again...he is definitely a boss, I like him

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

To me was the contrary. The sea king has to be neutralized, so that the rebels can keep going ahead. But why to make of it a contest about how is stronger? That was silly and boring.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    To me was the contrary. The sea king has to be neutralized, so that the rebels can keep going ahead. But why to make of it a contest about how is stronger? That was silly and boring.
    Because the Generals are like that...it's nothing more than presenting them as they are...you've seen that they are really competitive, they kinda started a long civil war too, and they are finally gathering to take on the Gods, some of them were really itching to fight I think...especially that last general

Not to mention that in the manhua race differences are really important to some, so having a human doing incredible amount of damage, is probably igniting their pride, even though some did acknowledge Ah Gou as their brother

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Nitian seems the only one to be mature, all the others generals behave like kids. But well it has been like that since the beginning : people speaking big before they act. I must say that's one of the things I like in this serie. The talks are more bluff than fact.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are like that, and the story is much more about bluffing and powers, than about the "sight for justice". Maybe I didn't like much to see a father worried about her daughters, smashed in front of them, and as the main trophy of that childish game. But I should have to realise the story won't stop in such delicate issues.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually felt like it was necessary. Just like benelori said, it's a good way to introduce characters and to give a huge impression because let's face it no one will remember their names but with their performance, you'll be able to associate a personality with each of the generals.

Besides, imagine getting stranded on a hellish place for your entire life because of the gods (and their allies in a way), wouldn't you be pumped to be able to finally settle things for good?They're excited and since they can't fight against their own (because of Nitian's rule), they need to get all their anger out on the gods and whoever is protecting them and it's a good strenght test as well.

I liked the chapter and i wonder if the last dark ones we've seen (can't remember his name obviously) will somehow betray Nitian in the future.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Besides, imagine getting stranded on a hellish place for your entire life because of the gods (and their allies in a way), wouldn't you be pumped to be able to finally settle things for good?They're excited and since they can't fight against their own (because of Nitian's rule), they need to get all their anger out on the gods and whoever is protecting them and it's a good strenght test as well.
    Surely what you point here, was not a possible solution to the whole scene. Nor the Ah Gou neither the author nor the readers will wait that much as an entire life. I suppose there could be other more realistic and less primitive alternatives. But I understand now, thanks to the comments, it was my personal appreciation of the story. Still I like the comic.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are like that, and the story is much more about bluffing and powers, than about the "sight for justice". Maybe I didn't like much to see a father worried about her daughters, smashed in front of them, and as the main trophy of that childish game. But I should have to realise the story won't stop in such delicate issues.
    Well it did stop for a moment...where it was said, that the worry and the love for his daughters comes from his fear of the Gods, so in essence it is a bit warped love...and that's why there is such a stark contrast between the childish game of the Dark Ones and his fate...and it's tragic, because of his fear he was caught between the not caring of the Gods and the amusement of the Dark Ones...

But that's just my interpretation, and I agree with the overall point, that some of these delicate issues are not that fleshed out, and the authors stop at such problems only when a major character is involved...which gives the series its charm for me...its more like a fairy tale, with all the neglecting of minor characters and the heroic tone around the heroes and not like other manga that might focus on writing and careful plots and so on...

New Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast