Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feng Shen Ji by Zheng Jian He

Nice chapter, tho Im very intrigued about what happens inside the tomb. Whit the amount of cruelty I use to see in this story, it's also fun to meet a playful god like Xuang.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well well... Seems like Tian trolled everyone pretty damn badly, to think he wasn't even sleeping to begin with

Spoiler show

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Well well... Seems like Tian trolled everyone pretty damn badly, to think he wasn't even sleeping to begin with

Spoiler show
    Ey Zehahaha, you are reading this serie! Nice. What are your impressions about it?

Tyan is a very interesting god. I guess only him knew about his secret, and it's interesting that he was just waiting to see his wife again. Such a twist!! Now he becomes much more powerful, since he doesn't need the crystals to be as powerful as he is. And I wonder what will happen now that his wife make him promise to not kill anyone else because of her. That should introduce some change in the battle, since the most powerful god seems to be now neutralized at least for a while. I also wonder what true is that that Ah Lan will know soon...
    Last edited by ukimix; November 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've been reading it since you recommended it to me a long time ago, but I just happened to find the thread now

Overall, it's a good read, the art is top notch and colored on top of that, nobody can complain about the art although it still doesn't reach the level of chills I've got from reading The Ravages of Time, but his art easily tops a lot of successful mangas out there. As for the characters, they're good, I especially liked the transition from spoiled Ah Gou to the one we have now, I've also liked the recent developments about Tian and the Marshall of the Dark ones, a shame some characters like Ne Zha, Bai Cai didn't receive much development but meh I can live with that. As for the pacing, it is fast which is good, reminds a lot of Toriko

Overall, I think it deserves to be animated

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Two new chapters out. Absolutely epic.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

the sage dude must have inherited his esence or whatever it is called . thats why they look similar

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

btw "The Ravages of Time" any good?

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sharogy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hassan View Post
    the sage dude must have inherited his esence or whatever it is called . thats why they look similar

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

btw "The Ravages of Time" any good?
    it is arguably the best chinese manhua ever, however the translation of it has been going from terribad->terrible->bad.

for those who has never read any romance of three kingdom before, it is impossible to follow. not to mention its huge number of casts.

for average western reader who couldn't remember any of the chinese names anywayz, expect to get confused 50 chapters in.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    it is arguably the best chinese manhua ever, however the translation of it has been going from terribad->terrible->bad.

for those who has never read any romance of three kingdom before, it is impossible to follow. not to mention its huge number of casts.

for average western reader who couldn't remember any of the chinese names anywayz, expect to get confused 50 chapters in.
    You get used to it eventually, after all, the Three kingdom era is very important in chinese history, and there isn't a single important character during that time... And the fact that the author focuses on every single character is pretty awesome too

The translation isn't that bad, although the quality of the scans especially at the early chapters isn't really good... But i'll say this, in terms of character development, plot and art, it surpasses every " manga " i've ever read, One Piece's plot for example pales in comparison of this

It isn't something you're gonna read casually, you gonna need to be focused when you read it, in order to feel what the author is trying to convey, but also to have a correct understanding of the plot, I found myself reading previous chapters in order to understand the current ones for example

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Names are not easy neither in FSJ, and people in Batoto also comment on The Ravages of Time; (but it is not commented here in MH). Zehahaha's enthusiasm should have to come from something good, therefore understandable.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Names are not easy neither in FSJ, and people in Batoto also comment on The Ravages of Time; (but it is not commented here in MH). Zehahaha's enthusiasm should have to come from something good, therefore understandable.
    Manhua tend to get underestimated in general, it's such a shame because The Ravages of Time, Feng Shen Ji are freaking awesome and lack nothing when compared to some successful mangas out there (while perhaps Feng Shen Ji lacks a bit of deepness if I have to say it compared to other, the story isn't that deep but who cares)

Heck there's even some Mangas like Kingdom for instance that deserves its own section since it is also awesome

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have high expectations with Oldman. Mind-blowing beginning.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

@sharogy yeah i read the first chapter of "ravages of times" and i can understand where you are coming from ... it does seem a little hard to follow and based on historical events and stuff just kinda buzzed me off well i ll give it another try, may be a few more chapters since zehahaha made a bold statement that "one piece " plot pales in comparison to ROT.. and where can i read the raws for the feng shen ji .. i cant wait for the next chapters to come might just take a sneak peak at the raws

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter to me. Nitian got a deserved honourable dead. He deserved to fight Tyan, and to die doing it; and in his last moment he had some thoughts about his beloved partner. Almost the whole season is about him, so nothing less would have been appropriate.

Nitian's wife is complicating the plot, which I like it. If Tyan loves her, there won't be nothing like a direct confrontation soon between the two main rivals. It took me by surprise the fact that Tyan and even his wife didn't know that human creatures can love; they're gods very different than the Christian god, very common among us, who knows everything about everyone. The story is very consistent on that: humans are like flees flying over a distant puddle, closer to nothing. Very intrigued about what will be the effects of Tyan's wife request to stop the war.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapters out

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

My predictions would be: Shen Yen the treacherous traitor god will try to use the trascendent vigor storaged in the crystal mountain to improve his strength and try to be even more powerful than Tyan. Some blind general of the Dark Ones will going to hurt Tyan's wife letting her completely incapable of asking Tyan to stop his revenge and the then Dark Ones will be completely defeated by the almighty furious god. Will Ah Gou fight Tyan? That's uncertain prediction, but somehow Ah Gou will have to leave the battle alive.

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast