Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

  1. #1
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    this probably a lame question, but i since a hint of romance between lenalee and allen like in the chapter when she first sees allen after tyki attacked him by sumans corpse and they both shed a tear (in the anime at least)

    but road seems to throw herself at allen and in the recent manga chapters allen isnt exactly throwing her off of him
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; February 21, 2012 at 01:43 AM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Road

    Lenalee is more like a sister. And surely, Nea and Road had "something"


    TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Just two choices? I like both Lenalee and Road as characters, but in terms of possible future romance, I'd say that Lenalee is the only choice out of the two. Road is a villain who's stabbed Allen in the eye and tried to kill Allen's friends, and thinks nothing of human lives, plus she's trying to kill humankind. Even though she has a thing for Allen and doesn't want him dead, there's no way he would want to be in a couple with her unless she becomes a whole new person somehow.

    It's hard to say whether DGM will become a series with a proper romance for Allen. It could easily end without one. But if any characters do get together, I'm sure Hoshino won't allow it to overshadow the plot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    but road seems to throw herself at allen and in the recent manga chapters allen isnt exactly throwing her off of him
    You must mean chapter 203. In that point of the chapter, Allen is shocked and traumatised over the situation with the Apocyryphos and what just happened before Tyki and Road arrived. Tyki comments on that and thinks "The boy didn't even call out to me...! He's really shaken up." Pretty much anybody could have hugged him then. Allen had a lot more to be worried about than being hugged by someone who arrived to save him and was even trying to comfort him.

    Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Lenalee is more like a sister.
    I'm not sure about that. Lenalee's feelings are less clear, but Gray Ark's relationships chart lists Allen's feelings towards Lenalee as being "she's so cute...", and in the extra comic in the Character Book he does an awfully large amount of blushing in reaction to her. That doesn't seem a very brotherly action...Unless it's more an incestuous sibling type of relationship. (Speaking of which it's not unheard of for people to ship Komui/Lenalee.)
    Last edited by Aracely; February 21, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

  5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #4
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    Just two choices? I like both Lenalee and Road as characters, but in terms of possible future romance, I'd say that Lenalee is the only choice out of the two. Road is a villain who's stabbed Allen in the eye and tried to kill Allen's friends, and thinks nothing of human lives, plus she's trying to kill humankind. Even though she has a thing for Allen and doesn't want him dead, there's no way he would want to be in a couple with her unless she becomes a whole new person somehow.

    It's hard to say whether DGM will become a series with a proper romance for Allen. It could easily end without one. But if any characters do get together, I'm sure Hoshino won't allow it to overshadow the plot.



    You must mean chapter 203. In that point of the chapter, Allen is shocked and traumatised over the situation with the Apocyryphos and what just happened before Tyki and Road arrived. Tyki comments on that and thinks "The boy didn't even call out to me...! He's really shaken up." Pretty much anybody could have hugged him then. Allen had a lot more to be worried about than being hugged by someone who arrived to save him and was even trying to comfort him.



    I'm not sure about that. Lenalee's feelings are less clear, but Gray Ark's relationships chart lists Allen's feelings towards Lenalee as being "she's so cute...", and in the extra comic in the Character Book he does an awfully large amount of blushing in reaction to her. That doesn't seem a very brotherly action...Unless it's more an incestuous sibling type of relationship. (Speaking of which it's not unheard of for people to ship Komui/Lenalee.)
    well more or less i was referring to when alma was being resurrected and road and allen were viewing kanda yu's memory and road was hanging all over allen and he actually seemed quite comfortable

    i definitely see some romance between lenalee and allen

    but in all fairness i watched the anime up to the end and then began reading the manga at 159 so i didnt read the manga for the larger portion of the story

    i imagine the anime writers could have made the romance between allen and lenalee more of an issue than it truly was in the manga

  7. #5
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    well more or less i was referring to when alma was being resurrected and road and allen were viewing kanda yu's memory and road was hanging all over allen and he actually seemed quite comfortable
    Ah, right, so you probably mean chapter 193. That makes more sense than chapter 203.

    The reason Road was hugging Allen at that time was to drag him back from getting lost in Kanda's memories, and he was naturally pretty out of it at the time. After that, Allen was busy watching the memories, and freaked out from seeing what was going on. But yeah, after that he didn't get Road to let go of him at the first opportunity. Probably helps that she's no longer attacking him at this point in the plot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    but in all fairness i watched the anime up to the end and then began reading the manga at 159 so i didnt read the manga for the larger portion of the story

    i imagine the anime writers could have made the romance between allen and lenalee more of an issue than it truly was in the manga
    They didn't. Actually, I'd say the manga contains more Allen/Lenalee content than the anime does, because the scene from volume 3 of the manga where Lenalee smiles at Allen and says "Welcome home, Allen" and then Allen looks at Lenalee, blushes and thinks "She's so cute..." never happened in the anime, if I remember right. It's probably because they shoehorned in an anime filler story and cut out some of the original story to make it happen.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    To me, Lenalee. I believe that a lot of best friends can become couples, and they are so cute together... Hoshino has confirmed Allen's love for Lenalee, but he only kissed road xD Well, for real, I think that he'll end alone in this aspect. :/
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

  10. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Neither, I really don't think this series cators much for romance and i'm kinda okay with that. Hoshino introducing the romance aspect now would feel too contrived and forced. And lastly as it relates to Road I really don't think her love is directed to Allen persay but more specifically to what lies within which is Nea. I really like seeing Allen and Lenalee togethor but not as a couple. I think they have a different type of chemistry togethor that is mostly seen when they team up in battle, because quite frankly they make the most badass tagteam i've personally seen to this very day. Even if there are lingerring feelings of love between the two I really don't think these feelings will be fulfilled.

  11. #8
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    Ah, right, so you probably mean chapter 193. That makes more sense than chapter 203.

    The reason Road was hugging Allen at that time was to drag him back from getting lost in Kanda's memories, and he was naturally pretty out of it at the time. After that, Allen was busy watching the memories, and freaked out from seeing what was going on. But yeah, after that he didn't get Road to let go of him at the first opportunity. Probably helps that she's no longer attacking him at this point in the plot.



    They didn't. Actually, I'd say the manga contains more Allen/Lenalee content than the anime does, because the scene from volume 3 of the manga where Lenalee smiles at Allen and says "Welcome home, Allen" and then Allen looks at Lenalee, blushes and thinks "She's so cute..." never happened in the anime, if I remember right. It's probably because they shoehorned in an anime filler story and cut out some of the original story to make it happen.
    THANK YOU!!! i will have to go back and read that now, i figured something like this happened along the way

    what about the episode of the anime where lenalee went shopping to get a present for her brother and allen was staring at her and lavi comes over and says something about allen staring at her??? i always assumed that was a filler episode due to the lack of meaningful content, but could it be that something like that was also in the manga?

  12. #9
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Road!! Definitely Road!
    I think Allen has more of a big sister admiration towards Lenalee.
    And to be honest, Lenalee suits Lavi more + The anime had quite alot of Lavi x Lenalee moments.
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

  13. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Ahh
    I like this thread because in this subject is where fans always collide!!
    xDDDDD
    Arg, so sorry i cannot stop here as much as i want, but there you go, an open question:
    If Nea had a "something" with Road, how much weird could be an AllenxRoad?


    TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

  14. #11
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Ahh
    I like this thread because in this subject is where fans always collide!!
    xDDDDD
    Arg, so sorry i cannot stop here as much as i want, but there you go, an open question:
    If Nea had a "something" with Road, how much weird could be an AllenxRoad?
    i must say when road kissed allen there was a healthy saliva trail between their lips, and lenalee did seem AWFULLY jealous

    personally i would be happy either way, as road is a very lovable villian, sure she can be very dirty and vicious

    but she has a very likable personality

  15. #12
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    what about the episode of the anime where lenalee went shopping to get a present for her brother and allen was staring at her and lavi comes over and says something about allen staring at her??? i always assumed that was a filler episode due to the lack of meaningful content, but could it be that something like that was also in the manga?
    No, your first guess was right, that was a complete filler episode. I don't remember that scene, but it probably is there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    If Nea had a "something" with Road, how much weird could be an AllenxRoad?
    I guess it would be hard proof that even though Noahs as a group and individually consider each other siblings, they could still be in a romance. Which if you think about it we already knew, since the original Noahs repopulated the Earth together. And Road definitely seems to want a romance with Allen while knowing that he's got a Noah memory....And maybe Sherril wants one with Road, in a way. Man got very jealous about the suggestion Road has a history with Nea.

    Other than that, unless the theories about Allen being a de-aged and amnesiac Nea are true, which they might be, Nea's not the same person as Allen even if they are are in the same body, and so the viability or not of Nea/Road doesn't affect that of Road/Allen. Although...no, it probably does, because if Nea/Road turns out to be canon, it's increases the chances that Road's feelings for Allen are actually her feelings for Nea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i must say when road kissed allen there was a healthy saliva trail between their lips, and lenalee did seem AWFULLY jealous
    That must be a difference between the anime and manga. In the manga there isn't any saliva trail - not that a saliva trail means anything in particular - and Lenalee didn't act jealous. (Actually, her reaction at the time in the manga isn't shown.)

    But! In Gray Ark, there's a section on mission reports. Lenalee writes the part of the report taking place in that room, and she does comment on the kiss.

    Quote Quote:
    Allen entered the tower, and is greeted by Road’s kiss! What went on between the two of them since the incident in Rewinding Town?
    Is that jealous or not? I tend to think it is, but it could be interpreted either way. It's quite a change in behaviour from the last time Road met Allen, so a person would wonder if anything happened between those times, though we as readers know nothing did.

  16. #13
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    I vastly prefer Allen with Road over Allen with Lenalee. I think both pairings have great dynamics and solid ground, but it's my personal preference. Besides, Road has a kiss with Allen holding over Lenalee's head. Say what you want. Hahaha.

    Love the forbidden air Allen and Road have always had between them. And let's face it. The two had one hell of a first meeting.

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #14
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    @ Niko
    Uh...When did hoshino confirm this? News to me o.o If you are referring to his comment about her being cute it's more of a compliment then a confession..

  19. #15
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

    I think he means in one of those "Ask the characters" thingy xD?
    If I remember it right, there was a question if Lavi liked a girl/Lenalee and Lavi said something like yes.
    Allen was quite flustered/troubled by that... But! That could also mean that he was worried for Lavi, since Komui is overprotective xD
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts