Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

That's not confirming anything... Until she comes right out and says it then she didn't. Hints yes, but the truth? no. =S

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its interesting that both Road and Lenalee are so similar to each other, and yet have had such little interaction with one another. Personally I feel Hoshino-sensei is using Allen's relationship with Lenalee and Road to show his struggle against his inner Noah, as well as play up the "forbidden love" angle.

Nothing is black and white in D.Gray-man. It makes sense that romance wouldn't be so black and white either. There are always hints, but nothing really gets confirmed until the very end. But that's what I like about D.Gray-man, it doesn't have any blatant unrequited love tropes like other series do. Even Roufa's admiration/crush on Allen is played for comedy.

For the topic itself, I would rather see Allen with Lenalee, because I like their dynamics. They are good friends. I like Allen and Road too, and I understand they have Batman/Catwoman written all over them, but to me it would only work if Road flat-out betrays the Noah family. I don't think Allen would settle for anything else, quite frankly.

4. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alert's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think none, because Lenalee is more of a friend or close friend to be exact, and Road seem like an older sister.
    1. Road is indeed a lot older than Allen.
    2. There was a part where Road wishes the 14th to come back, but it doesn't mean Allen.
    1. Lenalee does blush a few time, but its not love.
    2. She cares about him, because he has similar pain and they're pretty much close.
    I like your smile. C:

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaa, this subject. Well, I'm on the side of "I can't see any serious romance happening in this series."

I like both pairings a lot but I just can't see Allen getting with anyone canon wise.

In another universe, yes. I can easily see Allen/Lenalee or Allen/Road happening, but not in this one.,
    I think if Allen gets into a relationship at this point, which I doubt seeing the recent chapters, it will feel forced.

Also, I don't think Road feels anything 'that way' when it comes to Neah. The Noah are family. They could've been close, of course. In the chara book, Road says that she thinks of Neah as a traitor. So her feelings for Allen could be for Allen.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my favorite character of the manga is Road, so of course I would like to see Allen and Road ending up together.

But, in all honesty, I don't think this is going to happen.
    I think that either there's not gonna be any romance in the manga, or he's going to end up with Lenalee (or worst, Allen's going to die at the end!).

The most I can hope is for more hugs from Road, and maybe a few kisses as well!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Like above, Allen x Road FTW.... but I don't think Allen will get involved romantically with anyone.

In that case though, I at least want to see a flashback of Road and Nea being together (or Mana, or... uh, however you understood the last chapter, lol)... And Road's attachment showing whenever she meets Allen, through hugs and whatnot, will please me.

But yeah, no canon romance for Allen, IMO.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

None! Don't like Romanticism and hope that the story ends without one...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Allen/Lenalee at all but I can easily say it's more likely than Allen/Road. I like Allen/Road better but that is a fantasy pairing right there. Heck, out of the girls my favourite pairing for Allen is Rohfa. Fat chance of that one happening.

Lavi shows way more feeling toward Lenalee (if you look throughout manga canon and at all the extras all three of the male leads find her "cute" actually) though. In the character book CharaGray, Lenalee's words to Allen it's true he sees her as "important person" which strongly implies he has feelings for her, but her words for him are "don't overdo it" and her words for Lavi are along the lines of "you were very worried about me, thank you." Also, I wish I could give you the source for where I got this from but I saw a thing done by Hoshino which could be from the manga or could have been an extra where Allen was all "I have to protect you because I'm the guy" and Lenalee's all "Yeah but I'm older than you." Things aren't so clear-cut on her side (Lenalee herself was the one who brought up when Lavi teased Allen that Lavi also cried when he was reunited with her after bringing her back to the boat). Also, Allen was being welcomed HOME by her after being away so long and nearly dying and worrying that he might not be able to go on as an Exorcist. A lot was going on for Allen emotionally in that scene (though I do think he's attracted to her at least a little in canon).

As there's so much up in the air, even with what hints there are, I wouldn't take Allen/Lena too too much for granted. Honestly I think that Lavi having (probably unrequited) feelings for her is more likely to play an actual role in the story than Allen having possibly requited feelings. I think Allen isn't likely to end up with anybody because... he's kind of doomed, and his story is more about him and Mana than it is about getting him a girlfriend. Why make it worse by giving his desired romantic partner more to cry over?
    Last edited by kannazuki; June 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrifeACC View Post
    None! Don't like Romanticism and hope that the story ends without one...
    Party pooper
    Just be yourself, you're crazy enough

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

road

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

none
    there doesn't seem to be much romance going on in the manga
    it just doesn't feel right

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Silverwolf442's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see either as good.

Road's feelings are questionable on whether they're even genuine. Does she like Allen for himself. Or is just just a replacement, or sub for Neah or Mana? He had a relationship with one of the 2. If it's Mana, then she just likes the "Mask of Mana" he wears. And that's not him, and he's even started to show it.

If she was with Neah, then it's Allen being a substitute until Neah awakens.

And with neah being inside of him, he's a Noah like her. Afterall the Noah only care about other Noah. Unless Road is s supporter of this hidden 3rd side.

Allen and Lenalee I used to like. But, Lenalee is just to whiny, and emotionally weak. Len I like better as a friend, or sister. They trust and confide in one another. But, not romantic.

I don't think romance will come up in the manga, and I really wouldn't like Allen with len or Ro.

If I had to pick a girl for Allen, then I like Roufa,

Fou is a big maybe. But Roufa is first.

She seems stable, which Allen could use some of. At least, more stable than Len. Allen likes to eat, and Roufa likes to cook for him, and apparently is a great cook. But putting aside material things, I think if they really had a chance to get to know one another, Allen could really like Roufa.

Maybe Len with Lavi. Heck, seems like whenever Lenalee goes through something, Lavi is the one with her to see & hear it. He was there when Summan died. He was there to hear how Lenalee really feels about the Order, and God. He was their when she lost her powers. Road uses Len to torture Lavi. They just seem like a good match.

But, manga wise, Allen/Lenalee is possible in the sense they both do have feelings for one another. So I can't argue that. I just don't like the pairing.

But, unless Allen can shake Neah, or separate from him, he won't get anyone, and if he does, it'll be short-lived.
    Last edited by Silverwolf442; July 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KitforKat's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My interpretation of Road's feelings for Allen has for a long time been platonic. To me, it seems a lot more reminiscent of the sort of familial love she show to Tyki and the Earl. The kissing him and hanging on to him as seen on the ark seems more playful really than anything else. There wasn't any, for lack of a better word, desire hidden underneath it. Then, when under attack from Apocryphos, we get see true emotion and caring from Road towards Allen as well as a fierce protectiveness. Looking at Chapter 218 and seeing some sort of implied relationship between Road and Mana as well as taking into account that Mana might very well be the Millennium Earl, I believe that what first got Road interested in Allen was that he reminded her of Mana (or perhaps the kind of person that the Earl used to be). When they first meet, she treats him as she would any other human, cruelly toying with him. But when she sees evidence of his stalwart idealism and martyr-like devotion to protecting both humans and akuma, it takes her aback somewhat and causes her to see Allen differently. I think that this could be because she saw Mana/the Earl's old self in him and that that was what triggered her weird affection for him.

As for Allen and Lenalee, well...the kind of things they've been through together forms bond not easily broken. Under different circumstances, I think that their relationship definitely has the potential to shift to one of a romantic nature. They're well matched and have moments of chemistry. However, they could just as easily decide that they are better off friends. In any case, it's been stated that, at the current moment, they're both too busy in the war to entertain thoughts of romance. In the endgame...maybe. Maybe not. Something else to consider is that it's pretty heavily implied that Lavi has an unrequited crush on Lenalee. Maybe she could return his feelings someday.
    Last edited by KitforKat; October 17, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2