Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

"Random and Scyre, huh... they seem like pretty opposite people. Either those arguing best friends you see on anime all the time, or mortal enemies." Sora thought. "Oh well, they seem capable and cool, so I guess I can handle it." Sora chuckled a bit at the last part. There was still something odd though...

"What makes you so confident that you're able to find the evidence alone? Wouldn't it be better for someone else to go along?" Sora stated. "If you're captured -or worse, killed- we wouldn't even have any way of knowing." "Unless someone here has some sort of telepathy ability, but I think that's unlikely" He thought.

"I just have this bad feeling that you shouldn't be getting the evidence alone; even if you're confident in your skills, that's arguably the most dangerous task. I don't think leaving the Marconi team is really an option, because he'll probably be well guarded so we'll need the 3 of us. Can't any of the people on the Twisp team go help Dietrich?" Sora felt Dietrich would refuse, but he still had to say it. He just has this hunch that something bad will happen if Dietrich goes by himself...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis let out a bit of a chuckle"Ah shit, Scyre's gonna have issues with this guy... well since I'm still alive, the rocker dude may have a chance, but then again, did we ever have to work together before? Can't remember..." Dennis thoutht.

"What makes you so confident that you're able to find the evidence alone? Wouldn't it be better for someone else to go along?" Sora stated, getting Dennis's attention. "If you're captured -or worse, killed- we wouldn't even have any way of knowing."

"Hey, he's gotta point, moreover I didn't expect some bushy buisnessman to do anything at all!"

"...I don't think leaving the Marconi team is really an option, because he'll probably be well guarded so we'll need the 3 of us. Can't any of the people on the Twisp team go help Dietrich?"

"Hey, Hey, don't go shoving me into this, I can't do spywork for crap! but then again if Tarzan over here goes... Or if Thos goes..." Dennis thought, sighing. "I'll have to let this one play itself out..."
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon was a still a bit confused about noisy stick's comment. From his standpoint, after killing one, you killed the next. If others encroached on the territory, you just killed the next. To him it was fairly simple, but without a full grasp on this evidence, and these gov-er-mens so many places had, Lukannon just eyed the man up and down, hoping he wasn't snarling back at being openly challenged for, in his mind, a simple question.

(Sora) "What makes you so confident that you're able to find the evidence alone? Wouldn't it be better for someone else to go along?" "If you're captured -or worse, killed- we wouldn't even have any way of knowing."

Lukannon agreed with not allowing individual separation and added, "Yes, no person go alone. One leaves pack, pack can't protect their own. 3 groups from 7 means every Hunter have partner."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

In Random's current mood, he felt like everyone who just didn't clearly side with his opinion would necessarily be against him. Dietrich's gaze, tone, imperative and that ever-so-subtlke insinuation that 'he might not be able to kill Marconi' made him more irate. Scyre's insistance to rub Marconi out and the fact that Dietrich's imperative coincided neatly with the Information Hunter's intention raised that irritation to the point where it manifested with a hard frown and a hunched, brooding posture. Random, who wasn't even looking at anybody anymore and seemed like he was about to tear a hole on the floor with his gaze, sensed Lukannon was looking at him. He didn't mind this, for it seemed like this was the way Lukannon studies people. Still, for so many people to have any objections to his intent - it was clear he was straying away from his comfortable position at the One True Gang and his several other bands, where he always had the final say on things.

Random breathed deep again, excavating his memories for people who might still be able to help him with Marconi even if the latter did die. "There's gotta be some people I know who could help. Oh shi. That guy. Perfect. Now it doesn't really matter if Marconi dies - we just need to make sure of one thing, though...", Random thought to himself, stroking his chin.

Finally making up his mind, Random said, "OK, I accept the position in the 'kill Marconi group', but hey, do me a favor and make sure you guys keep Marconi's brain intact." With that comment, Random, eased his tense pose abruptly and went back to his initial laid-back style.

"Also, if by some chance one of us gets to finish our objectives real quick, we're gonna drop by where you are, Dietrich. That's if you insist on going alone.", Random said, reclining and stretching on the comfy couch of the plane.

After a few seconds, Random violently slapped his palm onto his forehead. "Oh crap. I totally forgot my phone at the Association Hotel." It was a good thing, though, that Random clearly remembers 'the contact's' number. "Oh well, I guess I'm just gonna have to buy a phone somewhere after the mission and get 'that guy's' ass to where Marconi's corpse is."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis's Eyes furrowed. "His brain?... I thought you were odd but you have some wierd assed intrests don't you?" Dennis said then laughing to himself. He understood perfectly well that he somehow had connections to do something pertaining to extracting the information, but he found the comment amusing as it seemed to come out of nowhere.

"Well with Rocker's brain fetish revealed everything should be in order now right?" Dennis asked.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

After asking Deitrich for some maps, Scyre's mind drifted to the words both Random and Dennis spoke -So that's what Random wants...information about something...I'll do a background check as soon as I have the chance...this guy really needs to be more careful when he talks, he gives away too much information- he thought with a frown -Now, he asked us to leave his brain intact....hmm...maybe I can behead him? Stab him in the heart? Oh Buddha...so many possibilities...like that game I was playing last night...oh-

"Game huh?" Scyre said softly, as realization hit him "Of course...that will do"

It was time to change his plans, if he succeded, then he'll be able to do much more than just kill Marconi, maybe even bring down his whole organization. He couldn't let them know of his plans, at least not until Marconi falls on his hands, that'd be too dangerous for him. For now, Scyre will just play along, until the right time comes.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Random was expecting something like Denis' reply.

"Yep, brains. Gotta love brains." Random said, pointedly looking at Denis. Denis hasn't been high-profile since the beginning, but with that little quip he entirely gained Random's attention. Random regretted not being quick-witted enough to throw a witty rebuttal, but he just shrugged.

Now Random thought about the things he said. It was a habit of his - every time he talked to people for a relatively long period of time he would take the time to assess whatever signals he gave away.

"So they may be thinking about my comment with the brains now. They might think I'm gonna be the one who will do something about that organ. But yeah, they still don't know I'm not going to be the one who'll actually play with it. It doesn't matter, they'll learn soon enough that my ability's got nothing to do with brains. Still, you gotta have enough chops to use the 'drums real good. Anyhow..."

"What if they actually mess up? They kill Marconi, and turn his brains to a puddle? Maybe I'll just have to trust their skills then? That doesn't sound good, it actually sucks... What the hell. Whatever. I'm just gonna have to ask 'that guy' if he could still get the information I need."

Random paused to take a look at his comrades.

"Look at them, looking so worried. We have like, what, 3 guys who look like they're below 20 years, and they act like 50-year old businessmen. Well, maybe Sora doesn't act like one, but... I guess this is what being a Hunter does to you."

"I sound so smug. talking to myself. Ha!"

"Oh shi. I forgot..."

"Hey guys! I just thought of a possible scenario. What if we had an enemy who could survey a huge area and a guy who had an extremely long-range ability? Y'know. like a sniper. I was thinking that because Marconi's an arms dealer right? So he might have an ally who has a sniper-like nen-ability. How do you guys think of handling that?"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah... damn, that's true..." He looked around and his gaze landed on lukkannon. "Hey tarzan, you said you had a ability that let's you see far, you think that would help at all?" Dennis then thought about it for a momment. "Snipers are bad men that hide and shoot you from far places, can you help with that?" Dennis said slowly, making sure he heard every word.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'I'm sure there must be evidence of his criminal activities in the place, and maybe even contacts we can get, and information about his clients....we might be able to find a lot of crap.' Scyre said taking his eyes off of Random and looking at Thos for the first time since they arrived to the airship. 'At least killing him, even if he does get replaced, will cause a big shock to the black market.'

'Maybe, maybe not,' Thos replied good-naturedly. 'I'll leave that to you - killing's not in my line. But you're right, there might be a lot of good information on his operation, if you are set on taking it down.'

'Now, I don't have any problem working with Sora or Random, so we should start making plans...Mr Sollos, do you have a map of the state or something?'

'What makes you so confident that you're able to find the evidence alone? Wouldn't it be better for someone else to go along?' Sora interrupted. 'If you're captured - or worse, killed - we wouldn't even have any way of knowing. I just have this bad feeling that you shouldn't be getting the evidence alone; even if you're confident in your skills, that's arguably the most dangerous task. I don't think leaving the Marconi team is really an option, because he'll probably be well guarded so we'll need the three of us. Can't any of the people on the Twisp team go help Dietrich?'

Lukannon agreed with not allowing individual separation and added, 'Yes, no person go alone. One leaves pack, pack can't protect their own. Three groups from seven means every Hunter have partner.'

'I'll be fine,' replied Dietrich confidently. 'Protecting Marconi will be the enemy's main objective. Provided they don't see us coming and prepare accordingly, then they won't have time to hide or destroy any documents. In the confusion of the battles, not only will getting those documents be the easiest task, but it'll be best achieved by one person sneaking round on their own.'

As Dietrich had been speaking, Thos was looking at Random. It was clear from his expression that he didn't agree with the plan to kill Marconi. Thos sympathised with him; though he agreed it was the best thing for the mission, he didn't agree with killing Marconi. And, while he didn't like metal music, he found that he usually got along with those that did.

'OK, I accept the position in the 'kill Marconi group', but hey, do me a favor and make sure you guys keep Marconi's brain intact.' With that comment, Random, eased his tense pose abruptly and went back to his initial laid-back style.

'Also, if by some chance one of us gets to finish our objectives real quick, we're gonna drop by where you are, Dietrich. That's if you insist on going alone,' Random said, reclining and stretching on the comfy couch of the plane.

'Good,' replied Dietrich, 'then the teams are all set up.'

After a few seconds, Random violently slapped his palm onto his forehead. 'Oh crap. I totally forgot my phone at the Association Hotel. Oh well, I guess I'm just gonna have to buy a phone somewhere after the mission and get 'that guy's' ass to where Marconi's corpse is.'

'That doesn't matter,' Thos said. 'If any of us get captured, it'd be better if we didn't have anything on us that connected us to friends, family or comrades.'

'His brain?... I thought you were odd but you have some wierd assed intrests don't you?' Dennis said then laughing to himself. 'Well with Rocker's brain fetish revealed everything should be in order now right?' Dennis asked.

'Yep, brains. Gotta love brains,' Random said, pointedly looking at Dennis.

'Hey guys! I just thought of a possible scenario,' he went on after a few moments. 'What if we had an enemy who could survey a huge area and a guy who had an extremely long-range ability? Y'know, like a sniper. I was thinking that because Marconi's an arms dealer right? So he might have an ally who has a sniper-like nen-ability. How do you guys think of handling that?'

'Ah... damn, that's true...' Dennis looked around and his gaze landed on Lukannon. 'Hey tarzan, you said you had a ability that let's you see far, you think that would help at all?' Dennis then thought about it for a momment. 'Snipers are bad men that hide and shoot you from far places, can you help with that?' Dennis said slowly, making sure he heard every word.

'Good point,' said Dietrich, leaning forward and unveiling a map. It was a satellite view of a large estate that consisted of a sprawling mansion, garage and swimming pool at the top of a slope. There was a drive that ran from the gates up the slope to the mansion. The slope was covered in greenery; thick trees and bushes. Also, a little way away from the mansion was another, smaller building.

'The drive is about a kilometre long,' said Dietrich. 'And this building a little way off is the barracks for the guards. Now, our first big problem is getting from the outskirts of the estate to the mansion itself without being detected. They might have motion sensors, look-outs, someone with a detection ability, or all of them.'

'Plus they have the high ground,' pointed out Thos. 'From the roof of the house they'd have a great view of us walking up the drive.'

'Right. Anyone got a teleportation ability? Or any other ideas?'

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich's confidence eased Sora's worries. "Marconi's brain...?" He thought. "I don't think that guy has any ability to do with that, just by looking at him... perhaps a contact or a friend? Or he wants to sell it? Oh well, none of that matters... if I get the chance, I'll stop them from killing him, but if I don't, then I'll just go along with what they decide." He thought.

"What about a distraction?" Sora said. "I don't think they're expecting any "invasion", so one intruder will probably attract a lot of attention. Of course, that can be pretty risky..."

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Unsure of what a Tar-zan was, but thankful for Dennis speaking slowly and with familiar words, Lukannon eyed everyone around him. He made the comment about seeing far so now it was time to put up or shut up. He slid his finger along the knife at his side, causing a small gash. He then threw the dripping blood on the grey wall, followed by a terse bark.

"Use gyo." He told everyone to use gyo in order to see the grey wolf that was now next to him. He nestled his head into the grey wolf's side.

"This is Ash, my brother. If I give up my eyes, nose or ears I see, smell, hear what he do. You say woods nearby, Ash can easily hide in woods. He look and I draw."

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Scyre spoke up

"I don't have a teleportation ability, but I can fake one pretty well"

"Still, I do have a better idea" he started looking at everyone, including the newcomer wolf while using Gyo. "Each group should act on it's own. For example, if the assassination team break in and makes some noise, chances are that most, if not all the security forces will be focused on us, since Marconi is the most important person in there, which will clear the way for the other two teams and reduce the risks. It's not a distraction per se, since we'll all have our own targets, but they might expect one attacking group, maybe even two, but not three, and even if they are, they will be mostly concentrated on preventing the assasination."

Scyre went back to thinking on his plan, for this to work, he was going to need help, Random was the obvious choice, since he was a Crime Hunter, but at the same time he could also become a problem...

-I'm going to need them to agree on a game...just in case- He thought with a sigh

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Thos made a good point again about having less chances of the enemies tracking down those who were close to them in case of defeat. Random thought he should just probably stick around after the assignment's over so that his contact will collect the needed organ.

Dennis asked Lukannon if he did have anything he could do to scope out the enemy before their group gets scoped themselves. But before Lukannon could answer, Dietrich produced a map of the area to be infiltrated.

Random allowed himself to make a silly comment internally again."Wow, sucka's pretty rich! ." Then he concentrated.

"Place is pretty secure. They got the distance, elevation and most probably got the tools to detect normal intruders. Unfortunately for us, Dietrich doesn't have any info about a possible secret passage or at least an alternative to breaking through the front gate..."

Sora hinted at a distraction. Of course, Random was always ready to become the distraction. But he needed one more thing to volunteeer as the distraction.

Then it came. Lukannon asked everybody to use Gyo to see something. Then they saw a wolf-thing made of nen.

"Emission. Pretty dope. Here I was blabbing hints about my ability, but this guy here, he didn't give a shi-. I like that." thought Random, bringing a smile on his face.

Then Scyre suggested something again. He hints at a 'fake teleportation spell', but Random didn't really count on it, for no other reason than intuition. The suggestion though is basically a diversion. Random agrees on this, but he suggested:

"Let me make a modification to Scyre's suggestion. I propose an extremely quick aggressive entry. Here's how I think it should go."

"I take up the front with Lukannon's wolf immediately behind me. I basically bash through the gate hoping to take out a lot of people at once who are foolish enough to go toe-to-toe with me. The wolf will be there to cover me in case someone gets into a possible blindspot of mine. I make sure people behind me infiltrate."

"One or two other guys will be right behind me and the wolf. They'll just be a few seconds behind us upon entry. These two must be group mates, preferably from the 'Save Twisp' group. They will immediately infiltrate, taking advantage of the chaos."

"Two or three more guys will arrive a few seconds after the above group. Doesn't matter from which group they would be. But one should be using In on themselves or Zetsu. These guys will look out for a possible sniper. But will hopefully take out some other guys who gets in their range."

"Now the last guy will arrive by himself. This guy will use In on himself, or Zetsu. And he will ride something I will create so that he could infiltrate from above. Like a paratrooper."

After about 5 minutes of my cover, I will stop my diversion. This is the time we will go into our respective groups."

"Scyre. As soon as you see Marconi, use your ability on him."

"You guys like how it goes?"
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; April 01, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'What about a distraction?' Sora said. 'I don't think they're expecting any "invasion", so one intruder will probably attract a lot of attention. Of course, that can be pretty risky...'

Meanwhile, Lukannon was sliding his finger along the knife at his side, causing a small gash. He then threw the dripping blood on the grey wall, which was followed by a terse bark.

'Use Gyo,' he told them all. As everyone slid easily into Gyo, they became able to see the grey wolf that was now next to him. He nestled his head into the grey wolf's side.

'This is Ash, my brother. If I give up my eyes, nose or ears I see, smell, hear what he do. You say woods nearby, Ash can easily hide in woods. He look and I draw.'

'Cooool,' cooed Thos appreciatively at the wolf sat before him.

Scyre spoke up next; 'I don't have a teleportation ability, but I can fake one pretty well. Still, I do have a better idea.' He started looking at everyone, including the newcomer wolf. 'Each group should act on it's own. For example, if the assassination team break in and makes some noise, chances are that most, if not all the security forces will be focused on us, since Marconi is the most important person in there, which will clear the way for the other two teams and reduce the risks. It's not a distraction per se, since we'll all have our own targets, but they might expect one attacking group, maybe even two, but not three, and even if they are, they will be mostly concentrated on preventing the assasination.'

'Let me make a modification to Scyre's suggestion,' added Random, 'I propose an extremely quick aggressive entry. Here's how I think it should go.

I take up the front with Lukannon's wolf immediately behind me. I basically bash through the gate hoping to take out a lot of people at once who are foolish enough to go toe-to-toe with me. The wolf will be there to cover me in case someone gets into a possible blindspot of mine. I make sure people behind me infiltrate.'

'One or two other guys will be right behind me and the wolf. They'll just be a few seconds behind us upon entry. These two must be group mates, preferably from the 'Save Twisp' group. They will immediately infiltrate, taking advantage of the chaos.

Two or three more guys will arrive a few seconds after the above group. Doesn't matter from which group they would be. But one should be using In. These guys will look out for a possible sniper. But will hopefully take out some other guys who gets in their range.

Now the last guy will arrive by himself. This guy will use In. And he will ride something so that he could infiltrate from above.

After about five minutes of my cover, I will stop my diversion. This is the time we will go into our respective groups.

Scyre. As soon as you see Marconi, use your ability on him.

You guys like how it goes?'

Thos looked a little blank as he processed the plan, but he was impressed by how quickly Random had come with it. It sounded pretty solid.

Dietrich was looking serious, as always, but he allowed himself a smile to cross his face. 'I like it. Splitting up as soon as possible is definitely a good idea. In the confusion the enemy might even lose track of one or two of us as we break in.' Then he addressed Random directly. 'But five minutes is a pretty long time; we shouldn't stick around for that long. Once we're in, we should keep going. You provide the diversion, and the rest of us get in, just as you suggest. Then you end your attack and join up with your group straight away.

Unless, of course, there's a nen user standing guard. Then it'll be your job to take them out, ok?' He then returned to addressing the rest of the group. 'If that happens then Dennis, Thos, one of you join the Marconi team. The other one, stay with Lukannon and look for Twisp as planned. Lukannon, can that wolf track people by smell?' he asked the Emission-user. Then, he took something from his pocket. It was a cell phone. He handed it to Lukannon. 'That's Twisp's usual cell phone - he took a new phone with him on the mission. Could you locate him by the scent on it?'

He glanced at Scyre. 'You're right that any nen users will mostly likely rush to Marconi's side, but we can't assume that all of them will, so no one let your guard down.

So Scyre, you can get Marconi away from any guards? I won't ask for details of your ability, but once you isolate him, can you kill him easily? He's not a nen user so once you get him by himself, finishing him off won't be difficult.

Another problem is getting from the front gates to the front door. As I see it, there are three things that could spot us on the way up. One, guards. But we can take out any guards on the front gate easily. Two, cameras. But we can scope them out beforehand and probably avoid them without too much difficulty. And we'll be moving so fast the guy watching them will hardly even pick up on us. Three, an enemy's nen ability. But we can't tell if they have anything like that, and even if they do, we can't do anything about it. So we'll just have to make sure we cover the ground as quickly as possible. Keep to the trees, and keep moving.'

Dietrich, who for most of them time had been sitting hunched forward, tense and serious, finally breathed out a sigh and slumped back in his chair. 'Man, I'm not used to making complex plans. Heh, it's been too long since I've even been out in the field,' he added with a wry smile.

Thos, who had been sitting silent, spoke up at last. 'Once we're in, how will we know which way to go? I mean, if Lukannon can track Twisp then our group'll be alright, but what about you and the Marconi team?'

Dietrich answered him with a raised eyebrow and a dead-pan comment. 'Not getting a break are we, huh?'

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

"Me, Ash both track by smell. No survive in jungle without good nose. Phone's scent still strong, we can track if he not sealed."

Lukannon was used to being the alpha male so listening to others and trying to work under others who were considered equals. Noa stressed to him that a working together people would always accomplish more. This would be his first time working with others besides his adoptive family.

"Then Th-th-thos and me track person after Ash watch Drum Stick's rear. Ash then quickly return to my pack. I understand right?" Lukannon put out to the group, making sure his words and meaning were as clear as possible. Communicating with his brothers and sisters was much easier than this language Noa had spent so much time teaching him.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast