Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

While they were running away from the border, Random thought of a new exercise. He would create a small nen-disc and step on it with one foot. As a result, he steps further forward, as if he was leaping instead of running. Random then alternates with the other foot. It's slightly disorienting to see a rocker hop like Little Red Riding Hood. While doing all of this, he would twirl his drumsticks using his fingers faster, slowing it down whenever he feels like one stick would slip and fly.

Random allowed himself to think more when they got to the vehicle. At one point Dietrich sounded like he wanted to kick Sora off the team. Random thought that was kind of harsh, but tried to understand the leader.

"Would I end up acting like that in the future, especially in an operation with the OTG?"

Random shook his head, and realized that he ran out of potato chips. "The hell...? When did I run out?"

"Hey guys, brought any junk food with ya?" Random addressed everybody.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis smirked at Randoms comment about his marbles. "Touche', but at least I'm up front!"

These words were quickly swalloed down Dennis's throat as well as his canteen of water as he jogged at a steady pace as the group continued their way to the town. Thanks to this though Scyre began chatting with him. "Those things never cease to amaze me" he said with a smile "I remember back at the hunter exam when that fat ass guy tried to punch you, was so funny"

"Oh Man! I almost forgot about that!" Dennis said smirking as he flicked his thumb "Right in the forehead! Man his face made surviving that last test worth it!"

"Though that isn't NEARLY as good as that fake samurai guy who tried to 'recclaim his honor' by challenging you. THAT guy's face was priceless!"

"Hey guys, brought any junk food with ya?" Random addressed everybody.

"All I've got is some gum," Dennis said taking out a small pack of bungee gum, which he took a piece out for himself and began chewing it. "Man I could chew on this stuff for hours!"
    ((See wut I did dere? ))
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon was not sure how he felt about Dee-ter-rick's handling of the Sora situation. To him, it came off as indecisive. When a young cub made a mistake, he had to understand the consequences. Leaving him behind would guarantee he learn the lesson, but any alpha knows the overall hunt is the most important. Lukannon could not tell just how important this hunt was to their current alpha, so he would just have to adjust on the run.

Riding in cars also never agreed with Lukannon, but in the back of this thing, with open air, he felt it would be okay. He settled into his squat in the corner near the driver, thinking about the hunt that was to come.

The noisy stick man asked something about junk food, which just caused confusion within Lukannon. How could anyone eat trash food? He would never think of touching a rotting carcass just from the smell alone. Returning to trying to engage with others, Lukannon pulled out some meat (this time rabbit) that he always kept in the pocket of the shorts Noa said he was required to where since being found. The shorts were a bit confining and could get in the way, but those big empty spaces made it easier to carry things.

"You should not eat trash food. Creatures throw away for reason. It only hurt you later. Eat rabbit - fills stomach and good taste." Lukannon said, offering a thick piece of the meat to Noisy Stick.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

"Oh, yeah...well, that guy had it coming, but hey, joke was on me, I did gave him the penalty to forget about fighting and become a ballet dancer...I just didn't expect him to be hired by Yorknew City's Ballet" Scyre told Dennis "Who'd ever guess?"

"Junk food? I don't have any on me...but I could eat some french fries, is there any chance we can stop somewhere and...you know...feed ouselves?"Scyre said, noticing for the first time how hungry he was.

Se saw Lukannon eating some meat, which happened to be rabbit, making Scyre's stomach sick.
    "Uhm...Lukannon..don't be offended, please...but, could you put that away? I can't stand the sight of meat, I mean...I just keep picturing the poor little rabbit"

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon just tightened his eyes, continuing to tear off small chunks of the meat with his teeth. Thinking of the poor little rabbit? What did that even mean? Would he rather him and his pack die so the rabbit lived? Did he have any understanding of how Mother's world worked?

Thousands of thoughts ran through Lukannon's head, so many that he couldn't even think of how to talk to this man. First it was "being cheap" because he wished to kill the threat. Now he was saying he couldn't eat even though Disappear himself was hungry.

Lukannon's face was hard. Taking a back seat to Dee-te-rick was not easy for him. He was not going to let this one assert his control over Lukannon, Ash, Snow Moon, and Midnight.

"I eat, you not look. Very simple."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis produced the popular "Bungee Gum" brand bubble gum, that gum with the impeccable, unmistakeable taste, and begun chewing. With feeling.

"Hmmm, that sorta stuff would make me thirsty, though. I'm afraid I don't have enough water with me. I really made bad decisions with the quantity and quality of the food I brought with me," said Random, shaking his head in regret.

Scyre made an interesting comment about converting a samurai into a ballet dancer, who would later make it into Yorknew City's finest ballet groups. Random thought if that was due to his ability, but thought again, since people do not normally have nen-abilities before becoming Hunters. If Scyre did this before having an ability, then he must have some real ghetto powers of persuasion going on.

To reply to Random's query, Scyre said he would have wanted some fries, and asked if the group could stop over someplace to feed themselves. "Would this be necessary...? I'm not really that hungry but I think I'm thirsty..." Random thought to himself.

As soon as Random mentioned "junk food", Lukannon made some weird facial expressions. There was no doubt the term didn't make much sense for him. Random stared at Lukannon and blinked several times before he realized this. Then Lukannon made an offer of hearty authentic rabbit meat fresh from one of his short pockets. Scyre, visually revolted at the sight and the image of the grisly fate of the rabbit while and after dying, requested Lukannon to put the slab away. Random would have chomped on it right away if he just didn't realize the meat wasn't cooked. Then again, he did, just in the nick of time, thanks to that raw aroma arising from it. Lukannon, who sounded hurt at Scyre's suggestion, sternly asked the acrobat to look away while he eats.

"If we cook that, would you eat, Scyre? I surely would. I mean, that's some nice-looking slab o' meat he's got right there... And I just realized that I never had rabbit in my whole life," says Random.

"Hey guys," Random addressed Thos and Sora. "what do you think?"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'Mmmfffmmwwaah?' Thos mumbled incoherently as his barely-conscious mind alerted to him to the fact that someone was addressing him. He had dozed off the moment he had stretched out in the back of the van. He raised his heavy head and opened his bleary eyes. 'Huh, wuh?' he asked looking around confusedly. Then his eyes caught sight of the dead rabbit Lukannon was holding and at the same moment its smell invaded his nostrils. 'Agh, gross!' he called out, suddenly awake, leaping back in his seat. 'Er... I'll pass,' he muttered, turning away.

Meanwhile, Dietrich had started the van. There was no window between the front seat and the back so he could hear all they said, and vice versa. 'There's no place to get junk food from here,' he said, rounding a corner onto what looked like the town's main street, 'but we'll pick up something fast.'

Twenty minutes later they were driving out of town, a collection of local foodstuffs resting on the floor of the back of the van, not to mention a large number of bottles of water. Thos thirstily chugged the best part of an entire bottle in one. 'Aaah, damn that's good,' he said appreciatively when he was done. 'Now, what food did we get? I'm starving.'

'Gimme some of those dumplings,' Dietrich said, poking his hand through from the driver's seat.

(OOC: Conversation seems to be flowing pretty smoothly so I'll let it go on for a bit. In my next proper post we'll arrive at our destination, and that's when the mission starts for real! Not long now!)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

"Sure!" Sora quickly replied. "I already ate rabbit before. Not sure if it's from the same species as this one, but it can't be too different." Sora added.

"I also brought some soda and orange juice. Cold by yours truly! Anyone want some?" Sora said, predicting that Lukannon would either want the orange juice or nothing at all. It didn't seem like he was too used to drink soda. Random would want soda (though Sora could tell that what he would really want was beer), Dennis'd like soda, and Scyre too. Sora didn't know why, but he thought Thos and Dietrich would want juice, with Dietrich maybe wanting nothing at all. Sora thought all of that in a second.

"Why do I have to analyze EVERYTHING?" Sora mentally noted and mentally sighed.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Scyre was happy "Hey guys, I have some vegetarian snacks and some fruit" he said grinning widely and taking a dumpling from Thos and giving it a bite. A second later he choked on it and spat it out "God...meat....no...never...again" he said shaking.
    He went through his backpack and took out a bottle of expensive scotch, opened it and put it to his lips. He felt the exquisite liquor run down his throat, taking away that awful taste of meat and heating his insides.
    "Buddha, this is good stuff..."
    Scyre wasn't ashamed, he was a drunk, but in his mind, he was way nicer when drunk, but still, he was a long way from getting there.
    "Anyone want some?" he offered

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'Oops, I bought the wrong ones!' Thos said is dismay as he broke open a dumpling and examined its contents. 'Here, you can have these,' he said, passing them through to Dietrich in the driver's seat. 'Are you vegetarian too?' he asked Scyre as he broke open a packet of non-controversial oven chips, ate a couple and offered the bag out to the others. Thos turned down Scyre's offer of scotch; he liked a cool beer or two or seven every now and then but he couldn't stand scotch. Besides, he wanted to keep his head clear for the mission. He did, however, accept Sora's offer of orange juice gratefully.

Meanwhile the smell of scotch had reached Dietrich's nose. 'That's not what I hope it is, is it?' he called back to them. 'I'll go for a swig o' that,' he continued, sounding more enthusiastic than any of them had heard him. As he took a sip and passed the bottle back, Dietrich thought to himself 'Weird to be having a picnic just a few hours before we go on a mission. But still, I guess it's just as important to relax as it is too work hard.'

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Heh heh... yeah I'll take a soda..." Dennis said, getting a can and blowing a bubble with a bit of nen as he let it fly off the truck. He cracked the can open, snapped off the little flip thing that was on it and flung it at the bubble, popping it.

Dennis took a few of the dumplings as well and washed it down with his soda. He wasn't a veggiteian like his fellow Hunter exam aplicant, as he sometimes had to catch small animals for food when he was little so it made no diffrence to him.

"Well seeing as how we're having a quaint little picnic here, anybody got any good stories from hunts they've done or something?" He wasn't usually chummy with this workers but he deemed these guys alright so he may as well see what he can learn.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking back the bottle from Dietrich, who seemed much nicer since he took a glance at the scotch, Scyre gave it another go.
    -That's the stuff- he thought to himself.

"Yeah, I'm a vegetarian, been one my whole life...I'm also a Buddhist" he replied to Thos while eating one of the vegetarian snacks he got from the store a few minutes before. It was nice having this improvised picnic with the group, even if they were just a few hours from drencheing themselves in blood.

"Well kiddo, I have some pretty sweet anecdotes...as some of you know, my mother, Maria Lurk, is a pretty famous Blacklist Hunter, actually, she was the first and only one to ever arrest Marconi, and she still regrets not killing him when she had the chance....I confess that's part of the reasons why I'm taking this job, despite the lousy pay...no offence" he adressed to Dietrich. "Well...growing up with her was interesting, for example, during my 5th birthday, some dude try to kill everyone present...my mom was just bored with all the kids, so she beheaded him in the spot. And, this is the funny part, his head fell right on top of my cake...of course, I didn't see any of those kids ever again, their parents were too freaked out hehehehe" Scyre started laughing at the memory "Mom was exasperated, she worked so hard on that cake (mind you, she's a shitty cook, unlike her mother)" he finished with a laugh.

-Oh, I should tell them about the time I got captured by the Mafia with Rose-

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon took a slow, measured look around at this new, temporary pack. Talking with 2 legs was never his strong point, let alone telling stories. How could others relate to him, the boy who never even saw a 2 legs until he was half-grown? How could those who grew up around those machines and weapons ever understand what he felt every time he saw more 2 legs destroying Mother's home, slaughtering his extended family?

Listening to the story of how his Mom killed a person for trying to kill children, Lukannon was full of questions. Beheading was an unfamiliar word, but after hearing that the "head" fell onto something, Lukannon was able to figure out the meaning. Furthermore, this mother seemed very contradictory in her actions. Why would she have other cubs over to celebrate and then feel bored? Did her maternal instincts not work? Seeing her offspring in danger should have made her.....something other than bored.

Lukannon's mother, Inuit (not the Mother), was nothing like that 2 legs. She was a kind and gentle mate to the Alpha. She took care of Lukannon and his siblings every moment. She let them grow, let them experience life in Mother's forests, but was always protecting them. They made plenty of mistakes, got into tons of scuffles, but she would always help out when it went beyond their power. Killing that insane Bearfox was just one of the many times she had saved Lukannon's life. He would never forget that day as it was the day Mother granted him the ability to use her energy. Lukannon's parents and siblings could always use it, could always do amazing things compared to him. That day, the day he lost his little brother Hopper, was the first time he used it. Inuit stopped him from having to return to Mother like Hopper, but would have died fighting that mouth-foaming Bearfox. Thankfully Mother let him save her that day. It was also the day he unknowingly began creating his technique.

Lukannon did not want to ruin the others' time, so he gave it his best to tell (what he thought to be) a funny story from his past.

“Your mom seems strange,” Lukannon said with a piece of rabbit hanging out of his mouth, “but interesting. All I do is protect Mother’s lands. People (Lukannon used the correct word instead of 2 legs when talking to others) try to destroy Senlin Forest. They want put everyone in something called ‘zoo.’ Then want to cut all trees. They say need space for rich man’s house. They find me and pack. One not killed so he can tell others don’t come back. Inuit and Scarleg both bite him before leaving.” Lukannon let out a big laugh as if he had just told an incredibly funny joke. “Person go running see him try cover rear but still see bite. Bite look like falling bird!”

Unfortunately, Lukannon was the only one laughing yet he didn’t know why. The image of that man running away trying to hide his bitten bottom was enough to make any member of his family laugh all night. Maybe this attempt to adjust to 2 legs life was not working as well as he had hoped. He curled back into his squat, trying to hide his smile from the image that was not stuck in his mind.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'Here we are,' announced Dietrich as the van pulled up. It had taken them some time to arrive, during which they had snacked, swapped war stories and some of them had even napped. Now, finally, their journey was over; they had reached the town which Marconi lived on the outskirts of. Their ordeal, however, was only just about to begin in earnest.

The first part of the town was a busy, open-air market. People of all sorts traded with one another here and the streets were bustling and jammed with locals and tourists alike. Having parked the van somewhere convenient (it didn't matter much if they never retrieved it), the group pressed their way through the busy main street.

Hills in the distance were covered with thick trees, but amongst them, out of view for the moment, was Marconi's mansion.

Once they had fought their way through the market, the seven men stopped to talk in the quieter atmosphere of the town square.

'It's lucky there are so many tourists,' Thos said. 'If we stay in twos or threes we shouldn't attract any attention.'

'Right,' Dietrich agreed. 'Sora, Scyre, you pair up. Random, Thos, you too. Lukannon, Dennis, you're with me. Now, up on that hill is Marconi's villa,' he went on, pointing in the direction he meant. 'If my intel's correct it's only a few hundred metres out of the town. Once we've finished this meeting we'll split into our groups and meet at the edge of town. From there we'll conduct a short, final briefing, and then we'll attack.' He looked up at the nearest building, a church which, despite its small size, was still taller than any other building in the square. 'I'm going to confirm the villa's in that direction. You wait here,' he said, and hurried off round the back of it. Having checked that there was no one around to see him, Dietrich began to expertly climb the outer walls.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon didn't like the crowded area, but he was now familiar enough with towns and cities so that it didn't bother him outwardly. Inside, the just wanted to howl, and make these people get out of his way. But, that wouldn't do much good for hunting this prey. Stealth, silence, sneakiness, everything his parents taught him would be much more important.

"Ash ready, me too." Lukannon said in a hushed, raspy voice. The fact that he was eagerly anticipating the upcoming hunt was given away as his ears appeared to be almost standing straight up. "Dee-ter-ick, Dennis, trust us. Pack takes care of each other. We take care of you." It was the best he could think of giving the short amount of time he had, but he was fairly certain he made his point.

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast