Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

Dennis shrugged and got back into sitting position. "Ok pal if you say so..." He said bearing a grin. After listening to the plan he stood "got it. I'LL be back soon! I didn't shower or anything, oh well I can't smell worse than tarzan over there..." He said switching to his thoughts. Once he was upstairs he gathered his wallet, phone and finally his locket which he looked at for a bit. "Its a new job, this one seems like it'll be more interesting than the rest." Dennis said, then put it on and under his shirt.

After packing his small backpack he went downstairs and quickly went outside, looking around for the others.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sora decided he would trust everyone present. Even if all of them were to betray him, he'd have no regrets.

"Actually, I expected this to be a mission and was planning to accept it from the very start, so I brought all my stuff." Sora said, taking off his coat, revealing his usual black and red outfit, and stashing it into his backpack. He also took out his usual black shoes and switched them up with the big, yellow shoes in his backpack that he usually swears.

He was curious about Dietrich, his past, why did he get that job, though all that would have to wait. Sora wanted to say hi to Thos, but he was getting ready upstairs. Since they had a bit of time because almost everyone was getting ready, he might as well talk about this now.

"Lukannon!" Sora said, waving at him. "Long time no see! I suppose you have time to talk, right?" Sora said. Without waiting for an answer, he added "Was there something you wanted to say to me?"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Being indoors with unfamiliar humans was bad enough. Being in a fairly unfamiliar setting made things worse. One on one interaction was Lukannon's biggest fear. He began rubbing his finger along the edge of his metal tooth. He only did such on two types of occasions: when preparing to kill and when extremely anxious. It was a simple guess which time this was.

"Hello, Sora. It is nice to see you again." Lukannon strained with pronouncing each word clearly and correctly. "I hear from family that you protect jungle. Stop hu ---err --- city from killing trees. Help Rivax stop fighting with building people." Lukannon kept persevering through the conversation, hoping that he was expressing his and his brethren's gratitude well.

"Brethren say you good person. They, no, we want to say thank you." Lukannon finished what he wanted to say, and grew very quiet, almost literally shrinking into himself. "I go get bag. Be back fast. Take first wheels to flying machine. I hope we trust each other."

And with that Lukannon sped off to grab his little carry bag.
    Last edited by Hunter2323; March 05, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

"Wow, this is really exciting, huh...", Random was trying to wrap his head about the events that were unfolding before him. "So we fly on a plane - damn the Hunter Association zeppelins -, beat up some goons, and probably expose some bigwig's stench. Holy crap this is much more exciting than a jam session. And hey... did I just give these guys a clue to my Nen-ability earlier...? Gah!", Random audibly slap his palm on his forehead, gaining the attention of the others for a short while, giving him another weirded-out look.

And then Random remembered Dietrich only gave them 10 minutes to prepare. "D'OH! Gotta hurry!"

Random sped up to the elevators, and then to his room, tapping his feet rapidly when he was forced to stay still. He crashed into his room's door, dumped his spare clothes, showered quickly (he needed it, as he was kinda sweating due to his air drum session) and bolted out of his room. Halfway to the elevator he remembered, "GAH! POTATO CHIPS! I FORGOT THE POTATO CHIPS!" He ran back to his room and shoved all 5 packs of chips in his bag, and ran off to the elevators and the lobby. He even slipped as he reached the latter.

"Man, am I clumsy or what? How am I supposed to give a good impression on these guys? Gah..."

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

"So should we go now?" Scyre said as soon as he reached the lobby, just in time to see the headbanger slip.
    -So much for first impressions- he thought starting to laugh a little. He couldn't control it, once he starts laughing, it's hard for him to stop, so a little giggle turned into a full laughter until he reach the guy.
    "Need hahahaha...need a hand...hah..this floors can be dangerous haah" he said trying hard to suppres the laughter, failing miserably. "Sorry, I can't help it....but....but you should be more careful next time" he said.
    "I'm Scyre...Scyre Lurk" he introduced himself,glad the laughter finally died. "If we're going to be teammates, at least we should know each others names huh?" he finished offering a hand.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

One by one, the team arrived in the lobby. Dietrich led the way outside and drove half of them in his own car whilst the rest jumped into the waiting cab.

Half an hour they were all at the airport and getting ready to board the ship their leader had hired for them. Being Hunters, no questions were asked at boarding or customs and within minutes they were sitting round the airship's gondola.

The compartment was more roomy than most of aircrafts of this kind. There was enough room to stretch out, even lie down on one of the ample sofas that stretched round three of its sides. The fourth side was occupied the controls, where Dietrich sat down and got ready for take-off. By this time they had all exchanged names but hadn't had much of a chance to to exchange small talk. With a six-hour flight in front of them, however, there was plenty of time to get to know one another.

Before that, however, they had to work out a plan of attack. Once they were safely up in the air, Dietrich whacked auto-pilot on and turned to face the others.

'Right, time to decide on a plan.

As I see it, we have three goals we want to fulfil.' Dietrich counted them off on his fingers. 'Rescue Twisp. Find the evidence. Kill Marconi. It's none of my business what techniques you all possess, but does anyone think they'd be particularly suitable for any of those three roles?'

Thos, who was sitting to Dietrich's left, raised his hand a little, as he had done in the lobby. 'Twisp could be in a bad way by now,' he said. 'I'd better be one of the ones who goes to find him.' Dietrich nodded.

'Right,' he said, but didn't ask anymore. 'Anyone else?' he asked the rest of the group.

'We'll also need to work out how to infiltrate the mansion grounds. We could just charge in the front, but they'd pick up on us before we could reach the door, so I'm thinking something more subtle might be needed.'

Back in the city, in the high-rise Panacea office building, Clarence Braig sat behind the desk of his spacious office. He was sat silently reading a letter of thanks from a certain politician whose daughter he had recently performed surgery on. "Without you, she would certainly have died. I cannot thank you enough..." it read etc. Braig placed it back down on the table and smiled contentedly.

His office began to ring and he picked it up after a few moments. 'Mr. Chapman on the phone for you, sir,' he heard his reception say.

'Put him though, dear,' he replied. He leant back in his chair as the call was put through. 'Ah, Mr. Chapman,' he said in a friendly manner. 'What can I do for you?'

'Braig,' he heard the other man greet him in a succinct, business-like tone. After exchanging a few formal pleasantries, they began their conversation in earnest.

'Braig, let me be blunt. I intend to win the election.'

'I never had any doubt.'

'But we both know I can't do it alone. And we both know from whom you will receive votes. Those two or three people for whom you've... worked.'

'What do you mean?' asked Braig, knowing exactly what his colleague meant.

'Everyone knows that you have used the powers and influence of Panacea to help several members of our board of directors, or members of their family.'

'Is there anything objectionable about saving the lives of one's fellow man?'

'Not at all. I'm just making sure we both know where we stand. But, my point is this: I wish to make a deal with you. Request those with whom you have influence to vote for me.'

'And what will I receive in return?' asked Braig coolly. Chapman waited a few moments before answering.

'Name your price.'

'Money?'

'If you wish.'

'No thank you, I have plenty of it already,' as you know.

'Fine, then what is it you want?' Chapman demanded testily.

'If you win, you make me vice-president.'

Again, Chapman waited some moments before replying. When he did, he said just one word. 'Deal.' Immediately afterward, Braig heard him put the phone down. He sat back in his chair and smiled to himself once more.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

"Question. "Do we need to kill Marconi? Nothing against it, just curious." Sora said. "Though I suppose it'll be very hard just to kill him, let alone take him as prisoner..." He thought.

"I volunteer to fight -or kill- Marconi. I'm not cut for a "retrieve evidence" kind of mission from that level and I don't think I could protect a potentially heavily injured person too well." Sora stated with confidence. "That's the most fun mission, anyway...", those last words being on his mind.
    Last edited by MegamanX195; March 07, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

He heard someone laughing. At his fail.

"Well, can't be helped. I suck, don't I?", Random told Scyre after the latter introduced himself. Random gave his hand and stood up.

"Nice to meet you brother. I go by the name of Random Randomson. You mentioned your surname was Lurk? I do remember someone by that name... I'm not sure though." Random told Scyre. They then talked about the upcoming mission till all of them finally got assembled and headed onto the airport.

----

On the plane, Dietrich had a three-pronged plan of action. Random immediately thought of the "Kill Marconi" branch. But then something bothered him.

"This Marconi guy. He seems familiar. But I'm poor at remembering people's names. If I get to see his face, I may be able to remember him completely..."

Random asked Dietrich. "Is it possible if we could just capture Marconi?"

Random remembered Scyre wanted to kill this guy, for a reason he doesn't know. "This is bad," Random thought to himself. He just hoped Scyre had enough patience and self-control to not kill Marconi. The guy really seemed vaguely familiar. He thought hard. "Was it that time in Saint Vesalius...? Nah, can't be... I'm sure we got all of the thugs in there..."

Sora cut short Random's internal monologue. Sora wants to be on the "Fight or Kill Marconi" team.

"There's a greater chance that Marconi lives if I had Sora - or anybody with Sora's mindset - on the team. Random shooted for that slot as well. But he paused and weighed the other team options.

"The Find Data Team looks interesting. I could probably get more info there than Marconi, if he ever was involved in that Saint Vesalius incident."

"But Save Twisp team looks like I may have a better use there. I'm pretty sure there are 2-3 people guarding Twisp. But Marconi, there's no point in thinking he doesn't have a lot of lackeys around him as well. And strong lackeys, at that..."

"Pff...", Random took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and decided.

"As I've said earlier, I have good experience in dealing with a huge number of enemies. I would see myself useful when being partnered with a guy who excelled at one-on-one situations. Can anybody say they're sure they're good at one-on-one?"

Right after Random asked the guys this question, Random thought, "please, partner Lukannon with a guy who is a better thinker than me..."

Random waited for the team's answers.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'Question. Do we need to kill Marconi? Nothing against it, just curious,' Sora said. 'I volunteer to fight -or kill- Marconi. I'm not cut for a "retrieve evidence" kind of mission from that level and I don't think I could protect a potentially heavily injured person too well,' Sora stated with confidence.

'No, killing Marconi isn't a necessity. Scyre, at least, expressed his wish to do so, however, and from a practical point of view it might be easier to do than capture him.'

'Plus,' cut in Thos, 'the people working for him are probably doing so for money. If the one paying them is killed, there's always a chance they'll stop fighting. Although personally I think we should capture him,' he added hastily. 'Although I know that's easier said than done...' he finished sheepishly.

'Well, kill or capture, I'll leave that to the discretion of the team handling that part of the operation.'

'As I've said earlier,' contributed Random, 'I have good experience in dealing with a huge number of enemies. I would see myself useful when being partnered with a guy who excelled at one-on-one situations. Can anybody say they're sure they're good at one-on-one?'

Dietrich shook his head. 'Not me. In this kind of mission, my ability's best use will be to stall several opponents at once.' He wondered silently whether or not to tell everyone the details of his ability as a gesture of good faith.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

"I guess you guys don't know" Scyre said with a sigh, interrupting the conversation "Marconi has been arrested once before, and got out because he has the money and the influence to do as he pleases. Of course, most of the details about his capture and release are confidential, but the person who busted him that time was my mother, the blacklist Hunter Maria Lurk. I called her from the hotel and after she declined on being our backup, she sent an email to my phone with some details about the last time she saw him, I'll foward it to you guys. Not much, actually, nothing we didn't already know, except for the fact that he has a lot of influence in most countries' politicians, head of huge multinational corporations, etc., his clients."

He look at his comrades and he knew he had to say something awful

"There also another point. We hadn't had any kind of report from Twisp, so chances are he might not be alive. So the question is, do we really split ourselves to find him, or do we operate under the assumption he is dead? I'll leave it for you to decide." He finished eyeing Deitrich.

-This complicates things- He thought to himself.

"In short, what I'm saying is, capturing him alive won't do, so it would be easier to just kill him, we'd be taking out one of the big dogs of the underworld." Scyre continued a little more.

"I'm skilled at one on one fighting, and I want to go after Marconi, if I'm gonna have a partner, I need someone who can fight against several people at the same time, someone who can fight from the distance, since I'm a close combat fighter."
    Last edited by Zvane; March 09, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Once on the plane, Dennis heard the plan and thought to himself. "Hm... I'm good at one on one, and my techniqe is mostly for settling ambushes... I could go in after Marconi, but retreiving the that twisp guy isn't completely out of the question either...

After listening to Sora, Scyre and Random's comments He thought again. "Man, so many people are on the kill marconi team!! even though he hasn't said anything yet I assume tarzan over here's gonna join too..." Dennis thought sighing. "well, dosn't marconi have quite the fanclub, too bad twisp isn't as popular, the poor guy." Dennis said reffering to scyre's comment. "All I can say about my abilities is that I'm good at close range and can effect wide areas, wether or not I can take out multiple people depends. Its one thing if they're noobs who suck at using nen or are just average, but if their skilled at it it may be a problem. That said I was going to go after marconi as well, but we need to be sure someone handles the other jobs."

"I understand what Scyre is saying about twisp possibly being dead, but I still think a few people should at least go to check it out. if he's dead, sucks, but those two can either go to find information or serve as back up against marconi. If he's alive of course, we'd have to make sure he'll survive and find a safe place for him. As for gathering info, wouldn't it just be a matter of going into a office or something and hacking a computer or finding papers. I'm no hacking geniues but even I can find files. these guys are mafia right? so they should be orginized enough to have a rocord storeroom."

"it sucks I'll have to miss out on Marconi, but I don't wanna leave a man off for dead when he could still be alive. plus, even if we beat marconi and get him to confess, the best we can do with that is spark controversy, buisness people are good at covering up their own ass so we need soild proof."

Last edited by Akainu; April 17, 2014 at 06:24 AM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon heard the plan and liked the 3 different approaches. Save the pack member, kill the threat. The concept of "evidence" being needed was extremely odd as killing someone who is a threat was natural instinct. If he was killed why would they need this evidence? However, he didn't want to voice this opinion as he was sure the others wouldn't understand. To Lukannon it sounded like everybody wanted to do the same part of the plan. Remembering Noa's words, Lukannon decided it would be better to only use Ash to handle finding the missing person or information. He was willing to give up killing the weapon man to be a good pack member.

Working up the strength to reveal an general idea of part of his ability and running through the words in his head, Lukannon began what he was thinking.

"I can see very far. If someone uses En, have problem. But no En I can see very far, find many things. Problem is I don't know evidence is. Need partner to help tell me what look for. I probably be best to find missing pack member. I still see very far. Helping pack member more important."

"Why capture weapon man? He is danger to group, danger to Mother. Kill him then no more danger. Take him then might be more trouble later."

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Scyre made some comments that would make Random go with the Kill Marconi team. But the real reason he wants to go with him is that he wants to make sure Scyre doesn't kill Marconi.

Random unexpectedly raised his voice and assumed a brusque tone, perhaps letting his "cool, good guy" impression go.

"Lukannon, if weapon man dies, some secrets that he hasn't revealed yet may endanger more lives. We need him alive, long enough to at least prevent those deaths."

"Marconi might have information that is more valuable that what we may get from the data
    banks here...", Random caught himself and apologized. "though I realize there might not be much he knows that we could use to light Chapman's ass. Nevertheless, I still would want to capture Marconi. He needs to answer to justice."

"Additionally, it's more challenging to capture Marconi than kill him outright. So yeah, I would want to be on the Kill Marconi team", and Random somehow gave Scyre a hard but brief stare right in his eyes.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

While Dietrich thought hard over this problem, Thos began to speak, He did so matter-of-factly, but without any heat in his tone. 'If you want to reduce arms dealing, it's naive to think that this is the best way of doing so. Killing Marconi won't achieve anything - he'll just be replaced by someone else, and arresting him is useless. To deal with this problem properly would involve so much more than a crusade like this - you'd have to gain help from international police authorities, run round-the-clock surveillance on Marconi, try to undermine his authoirty within the Gobunlian government. You'd have to find out the inner workings of his entire operation and break it apart from the inside, as well as build a case vagainst Marconi personally that's so strong and so public that even the most corrupt of systems couldn't acquit him.'

'What are you trying to say?' asked Dietrich.

'That if we want to take down Marconi's operation, we can do so another time, though it would probably take years to do it properly. For this operation we should focus on rescuing Twisp.'

'I agree,' said Dietrich. He had finally made up his mind. 'And you're right, Scyre, there is a chance that Twisp is dead. But no, I'm not working on the assumption that he is. If he did, this whole mission would be pointless as far as I'm concerned. My one and only concern is rescuing him. But if killing Marconi increases our chances by even one per cent, that's worth it for me.

Here's how we're gonna do this - Thos, Lukannon, Dennis, you go after Twisp. Random, Sora, Scyre, find Marconi and kill him. If any of you three are not up to it (Dietrich now looked pointedly at Random) or refuse to, then I won't hold it against you, but you're to say so now so that we can rearrange the teams. I'll find the evidence Zaltzman needs. Anyone hog any objections?'

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Scyre was pissed, but he had to recognize Random was right. There was a whole net of underworld scum and Marconi was just one of them...a big one, but still one of them.
    He looked back at Random without flinching, but his mind was racing -This guy is such a bone head...even worse than I am...we're either gonna be friends for life or mortal enemies....What the fuck can I do? I want to take Marconi out, but these guys are right...dammit...if there was a way to do both.-

"I'm sure there must be evidence of his criminal activities in the place, and maybe even contacts we can get, and information about his clients....we might be able to find a lot of crap." Scyre said taking his eyes off of Random and looking at Thos for the first time since they arrived to the airship. "At least killing him, even if he does get replaced, will cause a big shock to the black market."

"Now, I don't have any problem working with Sora or Random" -Unless either of them tries to stop me- he thought to himself "So we should start making plans...Mr Sollos, do you have a map of the state or something?"

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast