Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter RPG: The Hunt Begins

On the airship, hours passed. Dietrich looked serious as he piloted the ship, Random slept fitfully, occassionally waving his arms and legs around, Lukannon fretted and the most of the others joined in with Scyre's game.

At last, they prepared to land in Brahm. As the ship descended, they woke Random and all of them prepared to disembark. The airport they arrived at was very small - there was noly one other ship there, and it only consisted of one small building, little more than a shack, which served as central control.

As they walked outside, breathing in the taste of fresh air again, they were greeted by a nervous-looking steward who led them across the tarmaced ground towards the control tower. Dietrich, who was at the front of the group, observed the man, as was his habit of doing. 'His hands and legs are shaking...' he noted. 'Wonder why that is? He could just be a booze-hound, but maybe not...' He glanced around, looking for anything suspicious.

He needn't have done so; the trap was already sprung. Three men sprang from the other airship, and three more burst from the door of the building. Hurrying into position, they had surrounded the Hunters in an instant.

'I'm sorry!' cried the steward, swivelling round to face Dietrich, tears in his eyes. 'They somehow heard of your arrival and forced me play along! They were going to kill - ' The man's cried were cut short as the sound of a gun rang out. A bullet piecred his back and went straight to his heart. He fell dead instantly. They all looked up to see a man, lean and rat-like with greasy black hair, standing atop the central control building, holding a smoking gun.

'Hehe, when we heard they were Hunters due to arrive, we couldn't pass up the opportunity,' he sniggered. 'You guys are pretty rich, huh? So, hand over your cash and we might let you go.'

'You think half a dozen thugs and a gun is a match for seven professional Hunters?' challenged Dietrich. The man replied with a cackle and tossed the gun aside.

'Haha, nah, that was just for our friend down there,' he said, nodding at the body of the man he'd just murdered. 'We know you Hunters' secret - nen!!' At this word, the ringleader and all six of his henchmen seemed to glow with some powerful energy. They had moved from Zetsu into Ren. 'And as you can see, we can use it, too! All of us are experts at it! And since we have you surrounded, you may as well hand over your cash right now!!'

The man was ecstatic, drunk on power. However, everyone in Dietrich's group could tell that the man's nen was weak, as was the nen of all of his henchmen. They glanced round at the circle of men round them. Most of them were physically-imposing, and some carried weapons, but they were no match for any experienced nen-user.

'Seven on seven...' muttered Dietrich to his comrades. 'Well, I said I wouldn't test you guys, but it'd be a shame to let a chance like this to go to waste. So, I'm changing the rules slightly; anyone who can't beat one of these mooks one-on-one can go right back home, got it?'

OOC: Read my latest post in the OOC thread before replying here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Hm~?" Dennis said still drinking his soda, acctually bringing it outside with him as he watched the whole scene unviel itself.

"He He He, Guess they let any ol chump off the streets be a hunter, theres a friggin kid here!" A Overly muscular man with a giant axe said mockingly. "Listen brat! Between my Emission abilities and my supieror strength, I can tell you now theres no chance of winning against me!"

"...Hm? I'm sorry was that spposed to intimidate me? sorry, normally I'm good at just going along with a situation, but its hard to follow your signs you see..." This remark by dennis succussfully agitated the mucular man.

"IS THAT SO? Then take this!" The man threw down his axe and a shockwave flew at him, which Dennis easily sidestepped. " Hey you do realize emmitters have to know how to aim right?"

"Shut up brat!" The man said swinging his axe in many diffrent directions, which Dennis both easily and mockingly dodged.

"Geez man you're gonna make me spill my drink here." The muscular man then began charging at him and pulled his axe back for a side swing. "Oops." Dennis simpy splashed the contents of his glass into the opponents eyes, causing Him to miss Dennis as he ducked and allowed for him to get in closer.

"Emmiters don't usually fight like this I take it, buuuuut.... Bubble" A feint glow of nen appeared in his right hand and from it came what appeared to be a red bubble filled with nen. As it moved closer to the mans torso, Dennis pulled back his left hand, bawled it into a fist an applied Ken, striking the bubble along with the man and...

*POWH!!!* A loud popping like sound rang, before the man was sent flying back and skidding along the ground. The Giant axe made a loud thud to the ground mid way and Dennis grinned at his work. "That should have done the trick...!!" He was surpised to see the Guy still up, but he was fairly exasuted.

"Shit... So I lied about being a emmiter and was only using shockwaves... I don't know what you did, but I'll block it as enhancer, as for now though..." He then pulled out a machine gun. "DI-!?" for whatever reason, he couldn't pull back the trigger, and even stranger, was that he was instantly shot up into the air.

Since he wasn't using gyo, he didn't even realize that a blue bubble had surrounded his weapon beforehand. As he flew through the air, Dennis appeared in front of him with a fake smile on his face.

"You know pal... I really don't like it...WHEN GUNS ARE POINTED AT ME!" With a ryu charged fist, he slammed the mans face and forced him to fall downward, the man however didn't seemed bothered.

"Hah, I don't know what type you are, but you're no enhancer! someone of my type can block a punch like that!"

"True... just hope you can block whats comming next..." Dennis said as he made another small bubble underneath him and kicked it to move away. The man confused and still looking upward, failed to see that there was a much larger bubble nearly the size of him below him.

*BOOOM!* The man's body flopped through the air like a rag doll and fell into part of the control tower, completly unconsious.

"Not even a reinforcer can completly get away from that unharmed." Dennis said as he landed. "well guess I can keep my job huh?"

((That was fun to type ))
    Last edited by thatguy3331; April 24, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

As Scyre watched this whole new situation he took a second to measure the strenght of this guys -uh? They just leasrned Nen....their abilities are quite undeveloped...man, this is no fun.

Since there was one for each, he took out his tanto blades and dashed towards the guy closest to him. It was a fairly handsome man and not the typical thug. Using Ken on his blade, he slashed three times (being right handed made his left hand a little slower). Not to his surprise, the thug blocked one and dodged the other two.
    -Ok, so this guys aren't completely useless...too bad I'll kill him now-

"SO THIS IS THE BEST A HUNTER CAN DO?" the guy yelled at Scyre...he certainly had a squeaky voice.

"You know" Scyre began putting away his blades "I already got bored, so, why don't we make thing more fun. Wanna play a game? If you win, I'll let you live a little longer" he said, with a sadistic look on his face, the kind of look that preceded murder.

He didn't really wanted to resort to "Our War Game", but it was the easiest way to show the guys what he can do...plus, he was in the mood for it, and it would be another count in case of emergency.

"YOU LETTING ME LIVE? I PLAY BY MY RULES, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT'S GONNA BE DEAD AT THE END OF THIS GAME BOY" another yell from the thug

"God, you don't need to scream...you don't have a particulary pleasent voice, you know? Anyway, I'll take that a yes" Scyre said using his speed and appearing behind the guy before he could even react. He grabbed his neck and said "So let's begin Our War Game"

The space shifted as the two left the known reality and reappearing again inside a place that looked like a white room.

"WHAT THEN HELL, WHERE ARE WE?" The thug yelled and grabbed his gun and shot Scyre...who didn't even blinked as the bullet hit him...and fell on the ground. "WHAT THE FUCK??? WHAT ARE YOU?"

"Uhm...you didn't let me explain. First of all, welcome to my domain. Let me warn you, as you just saw, trying to hurt me here won't do, as long as we stay here, we can't be harmed in any way, and the reason I brought you here is, as I told you, to play some games. The rules are simple: we play a series of games, the first of us to win 3 points, is the winner, and can put a penalty to the loser. As you are my target, you can choose the first game." he explained.

"GAMES HUH? NOW THIS IS FUN...SO IF I WIN I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT WITH YOU?"

"Again, you don't have to yell, but yeah...so choose the game already, I'm getting impatient." Scyre said moving his hands. This was his territory, he never lost to anyone but one person here, and he was going to be sure he never lost again.

"OK, I CHOOSE TIC-TAC-TOE" the thug said as a giant tic-tac-toe board appeard out of nowhere. "YOU CAN START"

-Tic-tac-toe? Seriously?-
    "So polite....ok, then....Upper Left Corner" Scyre said as an X appeared on the Upper Left corner

"UPPER RIGHT CORNER!"

"Lower right corner"

"CENTER"

"Lower left Corner" -I won-

"LOWER CENTER"

"I won" Scyre said as an X appeared and a line was crossed giving Scyre his first point. "Now it's my turn...let's see...I feel like running"-

A huge track field materialized underneath their feet. They were at the start line. "So rules are simple, as soon as you hear BANG, we start, the first toget back here, wins". Only a grunt came in response. -Ok, I can live with that-
    As soon as the bang was heard, the thug pushed Scyre to the ground and start running. He wasn't even 10 feet away when the track field vanished, and Scyre got his second point.

"WHAT THE.."

"Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you...cheating will grant the opponent one point and end the game...so you lose, plus, I get to choose again, fun huh?" Scyre said. "Well...let's jump through hoops to get to the other side. The first to reach there wins. By the way, the hoops will be hanging from the roof so...." Two platforms raised, one with Scyre and the thug and another one with a door a lot oh hoops were hanging by chains on a newly materialized ceiling. "Shall we start?"

This one was an easy one. Being an elite acrobat, jumping through hoops was aprt of his everyday training. He had to grant it, though, the thug was doing his best, even if he almost fell more than once. It only took less than a minute for Scyre to reach the door and be declared winner. With this, he had 3 point and won the War Game. It also made his total on consecutive wins, to 7.

"From now on, you'll be under my control" he started as the room returned to it's white state "whatever I say, it will be done, if I want an answer, you will give it to me, if I have any kind of whine or whatever, you will do it, understood?"

With those finals words, they went back to reality. The truth is, Scyre wanted to show off a bit. "Besides you, is there any more of your pathetic group?" he asked the thug as soon as the reappeared back at the landing spot.
    "NO, WE ARE ALL"
    "Ok...so...why don't you drop dead? Your voice disgust me" he ordered.

In front of everybody, the thug grabbed his chest and fell to the ground as his heart stopped by itself.

Scyre knew that during his absence, the guys would have his opponents killed, and only Dennis knew what he could do to people, since he had to use his ability during the Exam. -Well....here goes nothing-

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

"~~~A NEW MORNING HAS COME!!!"

Random was a poor singer. But he sings anyway.

As Random woke up (he was actually forced by his comrades to wake up) from that very strange dream, he somehow felt inspired to compose a song starting with those five words and some vocal melodies. He couldn't help but sing out loud and disturb the hell out of his allies. Random was so focused that he stopped being aware of the people around him, who were trying their best not to cringe openly out of being polite. He really seemed enthusiastic about the song he was creating, and it didn't seem to bother him that he was brutally killed in his dream, in a manner that would perfectly feel at home in a gory "horror" movie that involved rusty instruments of torture.

As the plane landed, a small chain of events occurred. For some reason, their arrival had been anticipated by a small group and their appearance resulted in a needless death.

Dietrich said something about 'beating some mooks'. Random saw the dead body and lost half of his enthusiasm for a split-second.

Random's good mood died.

-----

The air-drummer put his "game face" on. It was always that same expression everyone in his hometown of Saint Vesalius knew and feared.

He fixed his gaze on a pony-tailed thug who looked like he's supposed to have a job interview at a very prestigious company that sold cars.

"Hey man, I don't know what they put in your coffee, but don't glare at me like that. It's annoying. And it's rude," said the thug.

Random said nothing, but he pulled out his drumsticks.

"As the gentlemanly gentleman that I am, let me introduce myself. My name's Cash. Money P. Cash*. Here's my ability. Enjoy."

On the other hand, Random started tapping his drumsticks on each other. A breeze that was being chased by a tumbleweed dropped by and made the drummer's hair billow.

The man named Cash focused his nen on his right hand and materialized a chainsaw. It was weird that the chainsaw did not produce that obnoxiously loud machine purr as it revved up, but this fact did not elicit any reaction whatsoever from Random.

"Whatever, man. Stare all you want, 'cuz this'll be the last thing you'll see!"

Cash rushed at Random, with an agility that no one expected from a nameless thug. As he stepped into cutting distance, Cash abruptly stomped with his leading foot, pivoted on it, then made a whirling motion as he made a sweeping diagonal slash that started from the bottom upwards.

"Chainsaw Style - Fang of the Cloud Devil**!"

The chainsaw caught the tarmac and the latter burst into a cloud of dust, accompanied with a loud and sharp grinding sound. This was probably intentional, to confuse the opponent. Cash knew he had struck something and thought he had dealt the finishing blow, though there was a nagging feeling that he struck something earlier than he was supposed to... There was something else that was out of place, too...

"It's over! Hahahaha!" declared Cash.

Cash heard the faint rumbling of wood tapping down hard on meat. Fapfapfapfapfapflappityflapfap...

"Wha...?"

Cash was still in that post-slashing pose that reminded one of a samurai who was just waiting for his opponent to fall and make that lifeless thump on the ground to punctuate his victory. Meanwhile, Random was just clicking his drumsticks on each other - behind Cash.

"Ugh... when did you get there? Why can't I... move?"

Random was still wordlessly clicking away at his drumsticks.

"Don't tell me... that tapping sound... your drumsticks...?"

Random was still clicking away, scanning the horizon with a blank expression. One could hear he was humming something, if one listened carefully enough.

"Ahahaha... I see... You just waited for the Kou-powered slash... made a very subtle dodge, and then snuck in with-"

Cash violently hacked up blood, which stopped him from completing his sentence. Random, on the other hand, faced his opponent and sat on a nen-pad.

The breeze told the tumbleweed to do several ollies until they paused at the scent of blood in the air.

A sudden gust of wind finally swept away the small cloud of dust whipped by the Fang of the Cloud Devil, revealing several circular nen pads in front of Cash. Cash saw that some of the nen-pads were sliced by his chainsaw attack and were slowly dissipating. That they were still somehow holding onto their original form despite getting severely damaged was a clear sign that the one who emitted them had a very strong force of "Ten"**. This kind of Ten was the Ten of someone who was obsessed with training. Perhaps he trained daily, to the extent that this regimen spilled over to his daily life, melding it with his passion...

"I guess I was wrong about one detail or two," mused the thug.

Cash was now sweating profusely, mouth dripping with a muck that is a combination of spit, blood, his lunch, and perhaps bits of the upper and middle regions of his alimentary canal - such wonderful things to add to any omelet to be served to any smug, blissfully unsuspecting ex. Seeing this, Cash realized that that 'something else that was out of place' was the fact that his opponent's blood and guts hadn't sprayed out as soon as he felt his chainsaw find its way home.

Money P. Cash glanced at his torso and saw it peppered with bruises and craters, all of which were around the size of an adult's fist. The attack ruined the sick demon tattoo that he just got two weeks ago. A shame. The girls really dug the tatt. Tattoos aside, Cash was the subject of an extremely fast flurry involving drumsticks.

"Ack... I really shouldn't have used Kou that time," thought Cash.

Random stopped clicking his sticks together and started stomping his feet rhythmically. A foot landed heel first, then the toes, lifting that foot. The same was done on the other foot, and both feet alternated seamlessly. As opposed to his practice regimen, Random didn't waste time starting out slow and just pounded away as two nen-discs appeared right before each of his feet. Since Cash was still facing away from Random, he couldn't see what was going on, but he knew that it was over. Dozens of nen-balls struck the chainsaw wielder rapidly as his world swam towards the blackness to the sound of his body being mercilessly pummeled by projectiles over and over again.

The breeze approached Cash to caress his still face and then waltzed back to the tumbleweed to continue their merry frolicking after discerning that the thug was still breathing.

"Maybe I ought to drop the song for now. I can't find a decent melody for it," murmured Random after finishing with his double-bass drum assault.

-----

Spoiler show

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon exited the flying thing quickly and gratefully, Ash nonchalantly jogging at a slow pace right behind. A few quick yet deep breaths brought Lukannon back to his senses.

This pack's current alpha, Dee-Trick (he was working on saying the names more and more), noticed the servant shaking, but failed to notice their surroundings. Lukannon knew there were a few presences not too far off, but they gave off more of a prey-like feel than the predator that was him and Ash. Not wanting to miss seeing the others reveal their abilities, Lukannon quickly eyed up the man with two weapons to his sides. He thought Noa called him a cowboy, yet he was most definitely not part human, part cow.

"You threaten pack. You have to die for our safety." Lukannon had already set Ash to circle around to the left. He knew the man had not seen Ash take off as he was too busy focusing his nen on his hands and those silver weapons.

"Hunters' licenses have such a nice price on them. Getting to actually kill a hunter is just a nice lil' bonus to go along wit' that, par'ner."

Lukannon had a hard time understanding the man's speech. Each word was too long and drawn out. It didn't help that he had a strange cloth basically over his mouth. Lukannon only responded by gripping his metal fang, blade down, acting as a forearm guard.

"Draw!" The man shouted as if he intended both of them to use the worthless junk at his sides. Lukannon didn't even bother dodging. Before the stranger fired a single shot, Ash soared in from the flank, fangs bared, ripping up the back of the man's heel. The sudden pain forced the man's arms to shoot up. Lukannon then shifted speed to seemingly materialize in front of the man with a hat.

Not even uttering a single word on this worthless creature, Lukannon slashed the man's head clean off. He didn't mean to, he only wanted to deeply claw the man's neck. However, seeing guns, the very things that constantly threatened his home and family, always made him angrier. Not in a lose your mind to the frenzy, just in a cold murderous method.

Ash walked over to the meal and began eating a bit. Lukannon didn't think it had been so long without a meal for Ash. Lukannon rather liked eating cow meat, but he figured cowboy was not something he would find too appealing.

After snacking on their prey, Ash returned to Lukannon's side while Lukannon turned to see the others. To the one side the loud stick man was in the middle of a dust storm. No use trying to see through it, but he now had a better idea of the man's ability.

Not to far off, the one who kept discussing games disappeared for a short time, then reappeared suddenly with his prey. The prey dropped dead shortly after, leaving Lukannon a bit surprised as nothing actually touched the dead creature. Lukannon knew it could not be a speed thing; there was no way anyone could move fast enough to fool his and Ash's eyes.

Lukannon turned to see the others, but was only received by a loud, booming "pop!" A third prey fell. None of the others gave off an overwhelming power, but everyone seemed to be somewhat skilled with Mother's energy.

Finally Lukannon turned to see his friend, (no, to call him a friend now felt too odd) his not-enemy, SOR-A, prepare to kill his own prey.
    Last edited by Hunter2323; May 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

"Enemies, huh..." Sora thought. "Wonder if I will have the opportunity to show off my abilities." He concluded.

Sora turned to see that one of the enemies was staring at him the whole time. "Wonder why is that... I know Hunter kids are uncommon, but those aren't overestimative or even surprised eyes... It's something else." He thought. From a quick impression, the bandit seemed like a smart guy, and was also well dressed, using a black suit. Sora was happy that he would get to fight, so he couldn't help but smile and wave at the man.

"Hey!" Sora said. It looks like the man expected some reaction.

"The name is..."

"Doesn't matter." Sora interrupted him.

"What?"

"While I do think you know your stuff, you made a fatal mistake. Anyone with even a little bit of talent can tell when people are way above their league. Dietrich already said this, but you and the other guys challenged 7 professional Hunters."

"Wh... What do you mean?"

"I'm saying that you have no talent for fighting, that's all. I suggest you change your "career".

"You..." The bandit said. Sora noted that something was weird: the bandit didn't have any sort of comeback or even an insult. "Maybe he's just polite..." he thought.

"Blue Wave!" Sora said, as his sword appeared. His smile came off for a second as he did this, his face changing into a more serious tone, and then it came back. He was slightly surprised the bandit didn't show any reaction to what he did. "Is he really that confident? ...well, I wasn't planning to use Blue Wave, just wanted to show off a bit." He thought.

The guy pulled 2 guns that he was concealing. Sora could tell they were very powerful handguns, though he couldn't tell exactly which guns were those. They seemed old though. Then, the guy extended his aura over the guns. "Shu, huh... Is this really just a simple Intensification attack?"

"Those are Single Action Army revolvers. Rarities today..." The man said with some pride.

"Six bullets each... more than enough to kill anything that moves."

The suited-up man quickly aimed and shot. One shot for each gun. After the bullets traveled a short distance, though, the bullets vanished. Sora crouched, and 2 bullets went flying right behind where his head was supposed to be.

"Heh, I knew it." Sora stated, with his smile still on."You're an Emission user, right? You emitted 2 portals to the middle of the bullet's trajectory, and 2 more portals to 2 locations a few meters behind where I was standing. That's why you kept staring at me. I was on the "right spot", right?"

The man was left speechless. Sora went on.

"You did all that before we arrived, for 2 reasons: One, if you were to emit those portals in front of us, it would be too obvious. And, most importantly, two: You're not skilled enough to emit those portals during a fight. That preemptive strike was everything you got, and that's why you aimed for the head and the guns were particularly powerful (though old)." Sora said all of this, without taking off his smile. The man was still speechless, and now bearing a very worried expression.

"You impressed me though. I underestimated you and didn't think you were capable of using In, so I didn't use Gyo." Sora said. "Though that was more due to me secretly wanting to see if I could win without using Nen..." he admitted to himself on his head.

"You lost for, once again, 2 reasons: First, you didn't think about what could happen if things didn't go according to plan, and put everything you got in. That is rarely, if ever, the case. Secondly..." Upon saying this, Sora seemingly vanished and instantly appeared in front of him with sheer speed, this time, a serious and deadly expression on his face. "...I'm simply much stronger than you."

Suit guy jumped back in reaction, in absolute fear.

"Good reflexes." Sora complimented, smile back on.

The gun fanatic then got into a small bush nearby, and his presence couldn't be felt anymore. He had vanished

"So you had a backup plan to escape in case this didn't work out and left a portal there? That actually disappoints me... it means you know you're weak and you would be screwed if your main plan didn't work. You can never think that you're going to lose in a battle." Sora declared, seemingly to no one.

"Anyway, your escape plan is flawed. It's obvious you're not very skilled, so the other portal can't be that far. The area has almost no hiding places, so you could only be..." Sora jumped up to the only tree nearby... "...here." ...and kicked the man back to the ground.

"If you really wanted to escape, you would have to use your ability to get into some sort of underground tunnel. That would require far more preparation than what some bandits are about to do, though."

The bandit had given up by that point. He had been completely outclassed.

"You have no talent for fighting, but I think you're pretty smart, and you're also quite skilled at Nen for someone with your inexperience."

"If... if I promise to stop doing this kind of thing, will you let me go?" Sora felt the bandit really meant it, with no basis other than intuition.

"Sure!" Sora nodded and did a thumbs up. The bandit parted ways after that.

Sora was cursing in his mind a little, though. "Bummer... I expected to fight someone strong. I didn't have to use anything special to win. Oh well."

Sora saw that everyone had finished their fights, and they had some interesting abilities, too.

"So... shall we get going?" Sora said cheerfully.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukannon gave a silent command for Ash to pin the man Sora (at least this name was becoming easier for him to recall) had let go.

Like a blur Ash rushed the man, ripping the guns away before circling around another time for the pin, paws on shoulders, fangs bared against the prey's neck, ready to kill at a moment's notice.

Lukannon simply walked up to Ash's side, preparing to speak loudly for everyone to hear. "He not die he come back with friends. He come back with more weapons. He come back stronger with revenge." Ash let out a growl that seemed otherworldly coming from a creature made entirely of Mother's energy. "We kill him."

Ash widened his jaw in preparation to plunge his teeth into the man's neck...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

"Lukannon, could you hold on for a minute?"

It was Random. He was behind Lukannon. Lukannon still wasn't looking at him and Random thought it'd be good to give him a friendly pat on his shoulder, but he thought twice and chose to move in front of Lukannon first before doing it. He also gave Lukannon a warm smile.

"I'll hire them."

Random paused, scratched his head for like, 5 seconds, and continued.

"Hunters can hire criminals to work for them. To hire means to offer them some work, or something. These people might be criminals. If I hire them, and they accept, they'll no longer be a threat to us. So please, don't kill them just yet."

While Lukannon was processing Random's offer, Random waved at Sora.

"Did great there, homeboy! Was that analysis your main ability? That went pretty smooth!" Random was clapping like a seal.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As the others leapt off in different directions to meet their opponents, Dietrich's gaze returned to the ringleader. He stared him down as the ratty man chuckled malevolantly. Dietrich's ability was mostly defensive, and he'd waste too much time using it here. Besides, he didn't think he'd need it. He ran towards the building his enemy stood atop and leapt upwards. His opponent had the good sense to throw away his gun and began to focus his nen into his right fist - he was going to meet Dietrich's head-on charge with a power attack. As he passed through the air towards him, Dietrich fired a small bullet of nen at the man's feet. He was ill-suited for Emission, but the move served its purpose; it blasted the concrete, startling his enemy and distracting him for the split second Dietrich needed to land a powerful punch. With a squeal the man was sent skidding across the roof.

Dietrich landed and, not wasting a moment, leapt at the hateful, scrawny man, landing another punch to the side of the man's head which sent he reeling. Then Dietrich, behind his enemy now, wrapped one hand round the man's chin and placed the other across the back of his head. With a snap, the man's neck was broken instantly.

'Wonder why these chumps follow this guy,' Dietrich thought, who had no compassion for those who kill innocents. 'He's gotta be the weakest son of a bitch I ever met.'

Standing, he walked to the edge of the rooftop and looked down on the scene below to watch his team members in their various battles. He watched dispassionately, assessing how each of them dealt with their opponents. He saw Dennis producs some kind of bubble which created an explosion that sent his opponent flying through the air and into the control tower.

'Not even a reinforcer can completly get away from that unharmed,' Dennis said as he triumphed. 'Well guess I can keep my job huh?' He could certainly keep it, Dietrich thought, but Dennis had also shown his own inexperience as well; while that last attack of his had certainly been very powerful, there were certainly nen-users, even non-Enhancers, that could come out unscathed from it.

Random, Dietrich saw, disposed of his opponent with a barrage of Emission attacks whilst apparently sitting on the same kind of nen-seat that he had described to them earlier; Scyre and his opponent had disappeared, as he had hinted per his ability.

Lukannon, with help from a distraction courtesy of Ash, was able to get in close to his enemy and slice his head clean off. Then, to Dietrich's disgust, Ash began nibbling at the carcass.

Thos, meanwhile, was engaged in a close-quarters battle with his opponent, a huge man, at least twice the size of the slim Thos. The large man was swinging a bokken around skilfully, but Thos was keeping his distance, dodging each swing expertly.

The Hunter knew that his enemy was physically much stronger than him, and that if he caught him, Thos was done for, so he hopped about, dodging each attack with ease.

'Get over here, ya little worm!' yelled the thug in frustration as every one his attacks failed to hit home. Stopping to breath, he stared Thos down. 'Heh, so you've got some skill,' he said, a smirk spreading across his face. 'I'll give you that. But you've got nothing strength-wise!'

Thos remained silent. He wasn't the type to engage in trash talk with his opponents unless he had a personal grudge against them.

'Snotty little bastard!!' yelled the thug, leaping forward, this time much faster, swinging his sword down with greater strength than before. He had concentrated part of his nen to his feet to increase the speed of his attack, and the rest was concentrated into his bokken to increase its power.

Calmly and deftly, Thos stepped aside to avoid the attack, then grabbed the man's sword arm at the elbow. The man screamed out as Thos flooded his unprotected arm with aggressive nen, shattering the joint. The man dropped his sword, but still didn't give in; he swung his other arm at the Hunter wildly, but Thos disappeared from sight. He reappeared behind his enemy, airborne, and dellivered a powerful kick to his head, smashing him into the ground.

Thos landed, poised ready for a potential counter-attack, and quickly scooped up his opponent's weapon, shattering it the same way he had shattered its owner's arm. The large man lifted his head, rubbing it groggily with his one remaining good arm.

'Ugh, what did you do to my arm, ya douchbag?' he demanded.

'I don't have to tell you anything,' Thos replied simply. 'Just stay the fuck down.' In fact, it was a very simple technique; it was essentially 'Shu', but by doing so with ill-intent, it could do deadily damage. Had the man had a nen-defense up around his arm it wouldn't have worked, but Thos could tell that almost of his nen had been in his sword.

Glancing round, he saw that most of the others had finished their battles; Scyre had just reappeared with his enemy, who had dropped dead soon after; Dietrich had jumped down from the roof, having retrieved Dennis' unconscious opponent first, whose body he threw down next to Thos' opponent.

Thos was disgusted at Ash's treatment of the dead man. He himself never killed, but he appreciated that from a practical stand-point it was sometimes admissable, so he rarely interfered when teammates of his chose to finish their opponents off. However, he believed that what Lukannon was letting Ash do was desecration; the dead, friend or foe, should be dealt with in the proper manner, not fed to wolves.

Sora, meanwhile, had just let his enemy go after demonstrating his analytical skills (which was a little too cocky and show-boaty for Dietrich's taste), and the bandit was hurrying swiftly away, leaving his comrades in the hands of their enemies. Like a blur Ash rushed the man, ripping the guns away before circling around another time for the pin, paws on shoulders, fangs bared against the prey's neck, ready to kill at a moment's notice.

Lukannon simply walked up to Ash's side, preparing to speak loudly for everyone to hear. 'He not die he come back with friends. He come back with more weapons. He come back stronger with revenge.' Ash let out a growl. 'We kill him.'

Ash widened his jaw in preparation to plunge his teeth into the man's neck...

'Stop!' yelled Thos, rushing over. It wasn't that he cared about the enemy, he just didn't think it was Lukannon's place to decide his fate. 'Lukannon, you can't kill that man! He was Sora's enemy! Sora defeated him, and chose to spare him! It's not your decision whether he lives or dies!'

Having made this speech, Thos wasn't sure what to do next. He could forcibly kick Ash off the man's back, but that would be tantamount to attacking Lukannon himself, and if they started fighting amongst themselves, the mission would be doomed.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

"Lukannon, that's cheap" Scyre said getting closer to the others "It's Sora's target, so he's the one who should kill him, or not."
    Scyre had a personal problem here, he might be borderline psycho, but he still had a sense of honour.

"Random, hiring him is not a bad idea, we could use some cannon fodder but....it might be better if we control him, like I did with that other idiot, so he won't even think of selling us out. But I'll leave it up to you to decide."

He was worried, his mind wasn't still over that text message he received earlier. If she was anywhere near, then he'll be in trouble -That bitch...if she wasn't such a lousy friend we would be able to date-

-Agh...I really need to take a piss....please guys, hurry-

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

'Stop!' yelled Thos, rushing over. 'Lukannon, you can't kill that man! He was Sora's enemy! Sora defeated him, and chose to spare him! It's not your decision whether he lives or dies!'

"Lukannon, could you hold on for a minute?"

Lukannon felt the presence of one of his new, temporary pack members behind him after hearing the one, Te-hos, the one he would have to work with on the plan, yell at him to stop. With no ill intent showing he did not bother to turn around to the one at his rear. Fortunately, the man had the common sense not to touch him from behind.

"Sora not kill man affect our safety. Man not use Mother's energy right. Use it to hurt people."

"I'll hire them."

"You make him taller? How that help?"

"Hunters can hire criminals to work for them. To hire means to offer them some work, or something. These people might be criminals. If I hire them, and they accept, they'll no longer be a threat to us. So please, don't kill them just yet."

Lukannon looked at the others now seemingly joining together to confront him. A small, feral look began to make its way across Lukannon's face just before one of Noa's teachings came back to him.

*FLASHBACK*

"Others are not going to be able to understand you. Some of them will ignore you while others will confront you. Them disagreeing with you is not a challenge to you. It is simply a way for people to understand each other and reach compromises. In your pack did one wolf make all the decisions? Probably, but he always listened to his brothers and sisters suggestions, correct? Just listen to what they have to say and don't rush into your decisions. People, especially Hunters, have their own way of doing things. You can learn from them, and maybe they can learn from you."

A fairly tall and lean man, said as he was correcting Lukannon's training. Dark grey eyes with brown hair (and a little grey starting to come in) distinguished the man's unassuming face. The suit he wore seemed horribly out of place for being in the jungle, but it was the only thing he seemed to ever wear.

Lukannon simply tried to absorb as much of Noa's teachings as he could during the training. Ren and Ten everyday on top of some of these more exhausting "type" exercises plus his usual training were beginning to take their toll. It had been over a year since Noa found Lukannon. He was the only human Lukannon trusted. The only one that could give him answers to all the questions he had growing up in the jungle, being raised by the pack.

The language barrier was hard, but with Noa, learning it came much quicker than the time Noa brought it that talking specialist. Having grasped a greater understanding of Mother's energy, Lukannon assumed it had something to do with Noa's ability. An ability he had still yet to share. Whether that was due to him not being able to understand it or Noa not wanting to share, Lukannon could not even guess.

"Understand, Noa. I try compromise more."

*FLASHBACK END*

"Ok, compromise. You give work him. I not kill, but he must not use again Mother's energy this way."

"Lukannon, that's cheap" Scyre said getting closer to the others "It's Sora's target, so he's the one who should kill him, or not."

The words "cheap" and "target" made little sense to Lukannon the way they were used this time, but he could guess that this one, Disappear (this name would have to do until he said his name again), agreed with the others.

"Understand." was all he replied to Disappear, hoping to mask his wariness of letting the prey stay so close and his confusion.

Lukannon finally turned to Sora, the closest thing he had to a friend excluding his siblings. "We sorry for doing that. Still not use to not killing. Still trust?"
    Last edited by Hunter2323; April 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis looked on at the drama and sighed. "sheesh, never a dull momment on the job huh?" He never usually cared for killing opponents unless they really pissed him off, though he wasn't about to go and preach to jungle man and his big bad wolf over there. He then turned and walked over to his unconsious enemy, poking him with his foot.

"Still alive huh? well I guess since it wasn't full power it'd make sense, plus I really didn't care if he lived or died... If you guys want another lacky, you can have this chump!" Dennis then yelled. "I don't care what you do, so anyones gain." He said as he began to walk back towards the group.

"Even still from what I can tell, the emitters from my group have much more useful abilities from what I can see... even that one chump sora faced had a portal ability, even if it sucked..." While dennis liked the hatsu he came up with, he was aware of its flaws. if it weren't for a few conditions and pledges he tacked on for sure mesure, he wasn't sure if his abilities would work as well. Despite this a grin came to his face. "Still though, I think I have a idea of a new techniqe I can work towards... but It'll have to wait til this is overwith." Dennis finished.

"well now that we know we're all still employed, hows about we give these new 'assistants' of ours a task and move out?" Dennis said doing knee squats and streching his legs. He then notice scyre, and from what he could tell, he either had something in that little slightly deranged mind of his or he had to take a piss. hell, it could have been both!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

'If you want to hire them then go ahead,' Dietrich said to Random. 'But they can't join us on this mission; we can't trust them for sure yet, and besides, they're too weak to be of any real use. I'm going to make a call to the authorities informing them of what happened here, but I'll make sure these men have amnesty under your sanction, Random. Assuming they're still here when the police get here,' he added, given that of their four still-living enemies, three were unconscious.

'You guys clear up here,' Dietrich continued, indicating the bodies. Then warm up - we're setting off for the Gobunlia border by foot in ten minutes.'

As the others lined up the bodies of the airport steward and their fallen opponents, Dietrich headed into the control building, found a phone and called the local police. He gave them his identity and provided him with his contact details so they could get hold of him if they needed.

As he put down the phone, he thought about the exchange that had just taken place; it was worrying that anyone had known they were coming, but there was nothing to be done about it. On the other hand, he had been able to see the others' strength first-hand, and he was pleased with it. They had also managed to resolve the issue with Lukannon with just a few short words, which was gratifying. It showed that they were capable of working as a team. It had been worrying him that their different clashing personalities would make them incompatible, but now his worries were at least partly averted.

There were local maps in the control building which he studied. It was sixty miles to the Gobulina border as the crow flies. Then they'd sneak over said border (he didn't want the Gobunlian authorities to know seven Hunters were entering the country - if Marconi had any of the border police bribed then he'd hear about it). Then it was another thirty from where they'd cross the border to the nearest town. It would take them an hour and a half, at a rough estimate. There they could buy a van and drive the sixty miles to Deriva. They'd arrive at about 8pm; about dusk time. Hopefully they'd be able to scope out Marconi's mansion briefly before they lost the light. Then they could review their plan as the sun was setting and attack once it was fully dark.

Dietrich returned outside to see what the others were doing.

(OOC: Random, you can take control of the bandits if you like now, since they're now in your employ.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sora waved back at Random, and liked his little joke. He took that as a compliment and joked back.

"Maybe, but your ability is a lot more badass!", Sora said waving back.

----------

Sora had observed the whole affair instead of stepping in. Why? The reason was simple. He could feel that was "natural" to Lukannon. While Sora doesn't believe in killing needlessly, he also knows that everyone has different beliefs and mind-sets, and he also knew that you couldn't simply tell someone to "stop doing what you've always believed in" and expect them to simply comply. Lukannon, then, was someone totally out of the ordinary. Maybe his belief was that "killing his enemy" is always the best.

After the whole affair, Sora was happy to see that Lukannon was trying to change. What pleased him even more, however, was that he sensed Lukannon thought of him, at least, as "trustworthy". That was enough to him for now.

"Of course, Lukannon." Seeing that Lukannon was trying to learn, he decided to keep talking.

"Have you imagined: what if that man has little children, plants, 5 dogs and 3 birds at his home?" Sora waited an instant, but Lukannon kept silent, so he continued.

"They would all die. Meaninglessly. What if that man was actually very poor, and HAD to do what he was doing to keep on living?"

"On the other hand, even if he came back someday with more people, we would just defeat them again easily, wouldn't we?"

Sora paused for an instant, and smiled a bit. "Of course... I suppose all of what I'm saying is kinda pointless, since we already had an agreement, isn't it?", he said, chuckling a bit.

"Don't worry about anything too much. C'mon, Dietrich is calling us."

----------

"Man, some of these guys were heavy." Sora mentally complained. "Suppose I'll talk a bit to Random now. I think it's best to leave Lukannon thinking a bit for now, and, since, after Lukannon, Random was the one who stood out more from the rest...", he thought, walking up to Random.

"Heya!", he waved at the drummer.

"I couldn't help but notice how... "musical" you are, haha. Is there any special reason for that, or is it simply because you just happen to like it?"

"Also... any music recommendations?"

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

"So...I'll take it as a "no" for turning them into our slaves"

-Great, now we have 4 idiots to take care of besides the mission, and not even one of them under mind control..oh, things are gonna get funny- Scyre thought while staring at one of the unconscious guys.

"Have you imagined: what if that man has little children, plants, 5 dogs and 3 birds at his home?" Sora waited an instant, but Lukannon kept silent, so he continued.

"They would all die. Meaninglessly. What if that man was actually very poor, and HAD to do what he was doing to keep on living?"

"On the other hand, even if he came back someday with more people, we would just defeat them again easily, wouldn't we?"

Sora paused for an instant, and smiled a bit. "Of course... I suppose all of what I'm saying is kinda pointless, since we already had an agreement, isn't it?", he said, chuckling a bit.

"Sora, it doesn't really matter what kind of lives they live, or if they had no other choice but to resort to steal, or whatever. In my line of work, I steal, blackmail, even whore myself out to complete my job: survive, and that's all we can do, survive. The point is, they attacked us, we fought back, we won. Period. Don't want to kill him? It's your choice." Scyre said putting back his serious face. To him, Sora was a good hearted kid, filled with ideas of right and wrong. He was going to have a hard time later on.

As soon as he finally took a piss, he came back to the group. He took out his hand sanitizer from his backpack (he had to admit it, he had a pretty severe OCD even if he'd never admit it) and while rubbing his hands with the gel he watched as the unconscious bodies were being taken y the group.

-I'd leave them here to rot....oh well-

After grabbing one of those guys and putting him on his back, he walked with the others. He approached Lukannon, he figured he'd better apologise for being a bit hard to. "Uhm...sorry about earlier...you know...I would have killed him myself but...it wasn't your call this time. So....we okay?"

New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast