Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply

Thread: did anyone else find it hilarious when kanda told lenalee "i feel like, you've become quite ugly"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

did anyone else find it hilarious when kanda told lenalee "i feel like, you've become quite ugly"

i love lenalee as a character, she is a badass fighter and a pure good person

but i couldnt resist laughing my ass off at the beginning of chapter 208
    "your faces is all blown up and swollen, you must have lost it and started crying again" or something like that

just classic kanda

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: did anyone else find it hilarious when kanda told lenalee "i feel like, you've become quite ugly"

heh, I got to admit I actually chuckled a bit when I read it
    But it's only funny because she in reality is cute, and Kanda probably was kidding, however had a poker face.

I'm pretty sure Kanda has a crush on Lenalee, but he's both hiding it and yet he shows it a bit from time to time, like telling her she's ugly... This is usually an indication a boy likes a girl, and honestly, Kanda is a bit immature when it comes to emotions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: did anyone else find it hilarious when kanda told lenalee "i feel like, you've become quite ugly"

that was very cute
    i hope she gets more teasing
    and becomes more open
    so people don't hate her for being miss perfect (...or a not exactly, and that's the problem)
    that includes me, i'm sort of annoyed with they way she's been shown, even though i don't exact hate her

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if its flirting, its kind of like when allen saved everyone on the ark by playing the piano and restoring everything and kanda was still calling him beansprout just to get a reaction out of him

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When Kanda said that line, I perceived it as his way of telling her that he'd rather see her happy than sad. Obviously he wouldn't tell her, "You're prettier with a smile " in a direct way.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    When Kanda said that line, I perceived it as his way of telling her that he'd rather see her happy than sad. Obviously he wouldn't tell her, "You're prettier with a smile " in a direct way.
    this is much like when kanda showed his concern for dr. Zu when he went to visit the asia branch

Kanda will never openly show his care for another person so when he does show affection it is in the most negative and or inderect way possible so he can keep his tough guy image

New Reply