Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 359 Discussion/360 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mrlazsa's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 359 Discussion/360 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fcToho View Post
    Man, Gantz is surely slow as hell... Is it even slower than Hajime no Ippo? Dont know...

Since the alien invasion or maybe a little bit later (after the first fight of the gantzers against the giant aliens?) it's so going downhill in my opinion.
    It's a little sad and I really don't know where the story is going with this kind of pace.

I don't want to offend anyone, who is enjoying the manga at the moment, it's just what I feel for myself. To that extent, that I really don't know if I keep on reading. :-/
    i agree with you, sometimes i fell kinda lost reading these last chapters, and to think i was so amused by this apocalyptic battle between men and aliens...i hope nishi can change this "stall"

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlazsa View Post
    i agree with you, sometimes i fell kinda lost reading these last chapters, and to think i was so amused by this apocalyptic battle between men and aliens...i hope nishi can change this "stall"
    You would've felt the same during earlier fights. It's always good to read the whole thing without waiting ages between each chapter and the one that follows.
    I'm sure you're all planning on re-reading this arc once it's over. Believe me, it'll feel way more compact.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mrlazsa's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i was thinking to do it cause i' ve been reading the single chapters many times and i felt this sense of slowness, maybe is given by the desperation for the way things are going, i mean the in first chapter of this arc i really felt like their were fighting for the sake of the earth

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liked this chapter more than the last few. It's good to see Nishi and Cherry on the move.

And Sakata?
    Wasn't expecting that, but gonna have to agree with those saying it's either a near death hallucination, or Sakata left a part of himself in Cherry's head when he gave him his power.

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Im gonna guess that gantz transported him into something that will have a twist to it, and not be what nishi wanted.

Next issues gonna have a huge fuckin pannel of Nishi floating around inside a Hot air ballon >_______________________>
    Inadvertently back on the frontlines? Heh, With Gantz man dead I guess the Big Whigs are the bonafide trolls of the series.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love dumbass, he's probably my favorite character.

He didn't want to be rezzed. However, I wouldn't discount the possibility that he's alive again from the hackers -- especially if Nishi could hack himself into battle, and the familiar Gantz could be hacked to send those monsters -- It doesn't seem like too far of a stretch to imagine someone reviving the dead. Maybe even with some filter like every dead player that's ever gotten to 100 points.

Something about the way Cherry fell out of the suit though... It reminds me of Ichigo using the badge to pop out of his body. Cherry may be using some kind of astral projection.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakata is using that haircut from the Oni Alien mission hahaha i love it. Brings me memories from back then, when i gave a damn about the main characters.

Like i said before, i think Sakata left something of him on Sakurai's mind, someone has been talking to him since he killed those giant officers and considering their powers i wouldn't be surprised if Sakata has trascended physical form. Although, Sakurai could be hallucinating too...
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Sakata is using that haircut from the Oni Alien mission hahaha i love it. Brings me memories from back then, when i gave a damn about the main characters.

Like i said before, i think Sakata left something of him on Sakurai's mind, someone has been talking to him since he killed those giant officers and considering their powers i wouldn't be surprised if Sakata has trascended physical form. Although, Sakurai could be hallucinating too...
    Or he could be on the verge of death. Why float out of the suit then? Astral projection? Maybe...I don't really know to be honest.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

he's most likely an hallucination, but I'm glad sakata is back for a moment. That being said, I think that his appearance means sakurai is going to die pretty soon (which isn't surprising considering he has become an avatar of death without any other purpose and the fact that he would most likely sacrifice himself to destroy the aliens).

And well, they already killed Reika off in a pretty lame fashion (offscreen fight, yay), so the window for main characters to go out of the picture seems to be open

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Or he could be on the verge of death. Why float out of the suit then? Astral projection? Maybe...I don't really know to be honest.
    He used his mind powers way too much... It's normal for him to leave the suit if he's having a massive headache... that's a normal human reaction. I bet everyone removes earphones and stuff when their head hurts because they think it's the reason behind the pain.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I thought it was somekind of Out-of-body experience (Unless Oku forgot to draw Sakurai opening his hard suit and leaving it). It's not really that weird considering how powerful Sakurai is right now.

To be honest i don't think this is an hallucination, i think Sakata survived thanks to his powers and now he is somekind of Ghost like Obi Wan Kenobi, either that or he is living inside Sakurai's mind. He probably used his abilities to take Sakurai out of the Hard Suit...i wouldn't be surprised if time has freezed.

I think he came to tell Sakurai to calm the fu** down.

BTW i love that bear.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; March 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Think you're on to something with the OBE (out of body experiecne) but I think it fits more closely with an NDE (near death experience). Cherry did just rip up 2 huge mechs it must have used a lot of energy.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cru View Post
    Something about the way Cherry fell out of the suit though... It reminds me of Ichigo using the badge to pop out of his body. Cherry may be using some kind of astral projection.
    I'd like to stick with Cherry just getting out of the mech suit.

Anyway, I am wondering how Nishi will contribute (and poor Takeshi, being left behind).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"sup cherry"

I don't know why I laughed so hard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was somekind of Out-of-body experience (Unless Oku forgot to draw Sakurai opening his hard suit and leaving it). It's not really that weird considering how powerful Sakurai is right now.

To be honest i don't think this is an hallucination, i think Sakata survived thanks to his powers and now he is somekind of Ghost like Obi Wan Kenobi, either that or he is living inside Sakurai's mind. He probably used his abilities to take Sakurai out of the Hard Suit...i wouldn't be surprised if time has freezed.

I think he came to tell Sakurai to calm the fu** down.

BTW i love that bear.
    If Sakurai survived, how could he avoid coming back to the Gantz room after the Nuri mission and completely avoid the Italy Mission? Before that, they still had the bombs in their heads. Also seems weird that he would just abandon Cherry for all the time since the Nuri mission...

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianGantzer View Post
    If Sakurai survived, how could he avoid coming back to the Gantz room after the Nuri mission and completely avoid the Italy Mission? Before that, they still had the bombs in their heads. Also seems weird that he would just abandon Cherry for all the time since the Nuri mission...
    Sakurai didn't avoid the Italy mission, last time i checked he fought in...oh, you were talking about Sakata?

i think Sakata survived thanks to his powers and now he is somekind of Ghost like Obi Wan Kenobi
    He is dead, but his soul/mind remains in the land of the living...that's my theory anyway. Why appear now and not before? Sakurai is about to collapse in any moment, dead girlfriend + excesive use of his powers might be too much for the teenager.

I don't want to get too deep on this since it's just a theory, it could be anything really...

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast