Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

17 43.59%
  • Good

13 33.33%
  • Average

7 17.95%
  • Bad

2 5.13%
New Reply
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 483 Discussion

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Bleach 483 Discussion

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 483 Spoiler Discussion

So the new group seems to be called Vanden Reigh? The only thing I wonder if Iwan is part of this group of if he is from another group and thus might become an ally. Still I don't get why he tries to fight Ichi.
    Also it's interesting to see what does his spell looks like and if Ishida could use such spells in his fighting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging by Iwan/Ivans? reaction I think the spell affects people who use bankai but we won't be able to confirm for awhile any nice cover shirosaki returning soon? maybe?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The title is "german" now? Oh Kubo... XD
    Although the Quincy are the germans of this manga... But Vanden Reich? What the hell should the even mean?
    Ichigo going Bankai again... Meh...
    But I'll wait for the full chapter before I rant. ^^

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Ichigo's inner Hollow will be back as Ichigo's Dangai training was meant to make a balance in his powers and combine his Shinigami and Hollow powers. And then when he got his Fullbring he got a boost to his previous powers, thus I believe he won't have any new problems with inner Hollow, but he might still have to develop his performance, cause he has raw power now, but maybe lacks a bit in theory.

Skyguardian
    May be Vanden Reich is actually a German term for "belonging to the royalty, realm or kingdom"?
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; February 29, 2012 at 05:06 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ichigo needs a more refined technique one that's less destructive towards the environment and I wonder how long those rookies will be hanging aroung Ichi and friends.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't actually get the reason why those small fries Shinigamis are in the Real World now? Maybe they are here to be taught by Ichigo? or maybe they are even Vaizards? That might be an interesting turn of events Especially if Ichi teaches them how to use their powers propperly and how to merge them together)

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking that myself I figure that would be the best move since they've been assigned to what can be considered the most dangerous location on earth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Reich means either Empire or Government.

I don't know what Vanden means....
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

SS will be annihilated in five days? Things are getting interesting. The masked men are there to fight Yamamoto, they're no joke. I wonder if what Ivan is doing is kidou, it doesn't sound like a quincy ability.
    Last edited by Miyagi; February 29, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. Being german i can't understand why the arc has to be... i don't know how to say it.. haven't we had enough nazi schemed storylines in movie & fiction altogether?

About the questions: Reich is indeed the german word for "realm" but it isn't used to much since the second world war when hitler entitled the german county the "Third Reich" (meaning the third german realm/empire, with rome being the first and german empire being the second).

The word "vanden" is not of german origin. MAybe it was misinterpreted in translation or something - but it has no relation to the german language or history.

Well, we got Hueco Mundo and the espada which all got named in spanish language. Seems that kubo has some sympathy for foreign language. The title of the chapter "kriegserklarung" means nothing more than "declaration of war" in german. We'll see if there will be german based names to zanpaktous / weapons in this arc as well.
    The only thing i can add is that "Iwan" isn't a typical german name. It's more eastern european. Historically it doesn't make to much sense because the germans in the "third reich" invaded eastern europe and fought against the russian people. But maybe kubo will bring up a combination of those two cultures (languages) and decided to use german language because it's letters are well known to all people who speak english, while the russian language is written in kyrillic letters which are not know to most people outside eastern europ

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    Reich means either Empire or Government.

I don't know what Vanden means....
    Translating it half dutch half german it would mean from the empire.

Quote Quote:
    Hi there. Being german i can't understand why the arc has to be... i don't know how to say it.. haven't we had enough nazi schemed storylines in movie & fiction altogether?
    I doubt its meant this way. Quincy were german since the beginning of the story. Furthermore the Soul Society were the more racist people to call it that way looking at the vizard and stuff.
    We shouldn't be offended.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 29, 2012 at 05:40 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a great chapter. We get even more information on the Quincy's declaration of war, as well as some cool fighting scenes. I'm eager to see more of Ichigo's Bankai, and Ivan being able to keep up with Ichigo while in Bankai is quite impressive really.

The cover looks absolutely badass too. Ichigo's hood looking like his old Hollow mask is awesome artwork. Do want one.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well i'd have to say that so far based on the dialogue of these 2 separate situations with Yama-ji and Ichigo...so far these 'bad guys' seem to be lacking on the intelligence side....i mean for one thing it would appear they didnt do their homework on Yama-ji and well if you arent gonna do your homework on the perceived strongest member of the opposition you couldnt possibly fail any worse no?....but i guess we'll see

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I don't think that Ichigo's inner Hollow will be back as Ichigo's Dangai training was meant to make a balance in his powers and combine his Shinigami and Hollow powers. And then when he got his Fullbring he got a boost to his previous powers, thus I believe he won't have any new problems with inner Hollow, but he might still have to develop his performance, cause he has raw power now, but maybe lacks a bit in theory.

Skyguardian
    May be Vanden Reich is actually a German term for "belonging to the royalty, realm or kingdom"?
    To be more precise its a blend of dutch and german as i can see it. Van den (is a normal use of dutch saying *of the* examples include Van den Bosch (Of the woods)/Van den Berg (Of the mountain)) and Reich means just that Empire, like the 3rd Reich or w.e Reich there was in the past in human history.

So it should be Van den Reich. Not slammed together Vanden.

Of the Empire.

This in my perspective is just the meaning behind the name, still it could be Vanden Reich. But just to explain the words that are used here. Btw if you wanted to say the same in german youd get Von der Reich.
    Oh and putting the words together in german as well as dutch names is common with dutch/german people that migrated to the usa. either the first part or even the entire last name would be slammed together.
    So this groups name clearly states its of the empire.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    The word "vanden" is not of german origin. MAybe it was misinterpreted in translation or something - but it has no relation to the german language or history.
    Its your neighbours the dutch my friend and as far as history goes, dutch is a shared germanic language, that roots on ancient germanic so historically its related

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    The only thing i can add is that "Iwan" isn't a typical german name. It's more eastern european. Historically it doesn't make to much sense
    To be fair it doesnt matter, the names were always jambled up.

Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck doesnt sound very spanish either does it?^^ If i were to analyze her name its a french/german blend?
    Szayel Aporro Granz his last name sounds more german as well and his first name i cant even place, definitely not spanish.

Also the Quincy we know besides Ivan are japanese named like Ishida.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; February 29, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

21. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast