Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: That chapter was the conclusion of this mini-arc?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

2 5.13%
  • Give it one more chapter.

15 38.46%
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 338 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 338 Discussion Thread

@uriel

That's also a possibility.

No matter what, i still bet pariston is responsible for the ants to come into our world in human size.
    Togashi would not introduce pariston like this just to let him rot now after some chapters.

He clearly put effort in the creation of the zodiac, he won't just let it go like this.

And i am personally intrigued by this developement because i trust togashi to make this work.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

it seems that gin has been researching this all his life, but could it be that is the place were he met gon's mother.
    I'm really interested in the people who live there. if they have nen and what types. togashi can even say there are more types that the
    ones we know right now. I also want to know if nanika is connected to the "outside world"
    can't wait for the new arc to begin and i'm restlessly waiting for next week's chapter

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

There shall be dragons :O And elves. And Dragon-Riders. And Aliens. And then everything blow up in a 30 panel illustration.

The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I was thinking that maybe the ants that were here and the ants that came from the outer world are not directly related. It's exactly the same as the process of evolution of some animal in two different continent.
    Well, after a while of geographic isolation the two will eventually become two different species. It's one of the origins of speciation, not really that living organisms evolute the same way in different places.

Ostriches and Grey Rhea were once in the same continent, as Australia, Africa and South America were once the same. Not that they appeared in many places at the same time. Same with mankind: we've all got the same origin and a severe lack of geographic barriers.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Well, after a while of geographic isolation the two will eventually become two different species. It's one of the origins of speciation, not really that living organisms evolute the same way in different places.

Ostriches and Grey Rhea were once in the same continent, as Australia, Africa and South America were once the same. Not that they appeared in many places at the same time. Same with mankind: we've all got the same origin and a severe lack of geographic barriers.
    Thanks for the info.

To me it seems like HxH is reaching a happy medium between how it was when it started, and what it became around the chimera arc, which I'm happy with. There are so many ways the story can go.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be a long post.The initial impact of the spoiler on me make me a bit biased when I was reading the chaptet itself.I didn't really like the chapter.I would say it's rather a decent chapter.

The introduction of a new world,new dimension ,parallel universe, etc isn't exactly new.A lot of writers like to use it because it is soaked in infinite plotline for their story.It is a chance for them to express their creativity.They can come up with any sort of crap and still make it work because it is a new "world". To be honest, I had always presumed that all those weird creatures (including the one Ging was ridding on) are from the hxh world and not the outside world(I'll just call it pandora through out the post to make it easier for me).That is what make the hxh world interesting with all of those creatures.Now with the existent of pandora,Togashi could just say that all those weird creatures are from there and make the hxh world rather boring.Like I say from my previous post ,we haven't really fully explore the hxh world and now we are getting pandora to explore.It's akin to exploring another country when you haven't even explore your own backyard.

One of the aspect I really like about HxH is the power level.I always find it to be consistent until the chimera ant arc.The enemy before that weren't overly god-like with their ability.But once the chimera ant arc started,all the enemy were literally god-like.Mereum was the most hax of all of them.Once the arc was over,I was hoping that the power level would be fix back and that something similar to the chimera ant arc with all the hax ability wouldn't happen again.But now with pandora, Togashi could easily come up with enemy with the most god like ability who live in pandora.The power level will get messed up again.And I seriously doubt that Gon could pull out another power up during the time he was fighting pitou.

Again,with all those infinite possible plotline,Togashi could easily say that the Kurta clan is originally from pandora and some of them migrated to hxh world making Kurapika no longer the lone survivor of his clan . In one episode of Futurama that I watched,they say that leonardo da vinci was orignally an alien from another planet.Whilst it is not a good comparison ,likewise ,Togashi could easily say that all those "genius" are alien from pandora,not the hxh world . So literally anything that is out of place in the hxh world comes from that world. Togashi could come up with good plotline and at the same time come up with outrightly terrible plotline with the existent of pandora.

The interaction of gon and ging was okay ,I guess.The fact that they haven't seen each other for 10 years, I though they would be more awkward with each other.But both of them aren't normal ,so they are totally okay with each other.For some reason,despite them being father and son ,they acted more like elder brother and younger brother.(Ging looking a lot younger in this chapter probably atrributed to that feeling) Ging is still a douche to say the least,I still don't really get why didn't he visited his family after passing the hunter exam.The ironic part is probably that Ging was way more tech savy as a child compared to Gon who is pretty clueless with technology.

As for Killua and Gon splitting up,it was stated in the chimera ant arc that he will leave gon if he lost to shoot.So,for them to split up is an eventual thing.What I didn't like is how Killua appear out of the blue to be with Gon in this chapter.Their parting was done quite well ,with no crying and stuff.I also didn't like how killua just casually tell him about Alluka's ability even though she can't use it anymore.Killua should seriously consider teaching his sister combat ability because I can't imagine how would he be able to protect her all the time.On the side note, poor gotoh, apparently Killua totally forgotten about him.

That's my input for this chapter.I apologize to anyone who have to read this long post.I have no idea what Togashi is up to with the way story is going but i hope he tie up the loose end and show case more of the other characters instead of introducing more new character.I wish I could write this long for my assignment...

Quote Originally Posted by NoFreakingWay View Post
    Problem is that most people in HXH are depicted as "weak" or "preoccupied" enough with a lot of things at hand that would warrant them unable to circle the globe. Even Nen-users die easily against some ants. Non-nen-users are preoccupied with non-nen-using-preoccupations, like going to parties, being part of rallies and revolution, starving to death due to poverty, having a normal office job, etc. It's highly unlikely that there are a lot of people like Ging who cared enough to know what the world has in store. They don't have the drive or the ability.

As for astronauts, I don't know enough about the HXH world if they bothered with that.
    In a way is true but I'm sure that there are other people other than Ging who realises the existent of this other world.Scientist will be the first to notice.Partcularly those involve in oceanography. But like in real life, where the truth are hidden from the public,these kind of information would not be made known.
    I also think that it is possible that there is a barrier or a forcefield separating hxh world from the outside world.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but I think Uriel was talking about convergent evolution, but personally I don't think Togashi would think that deep!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, now we can see why there is no vehicle with jet propulsion in HxH. Not that there would be an aircraft with range to reach this "outside world", but satellites would be a possibility.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the very first chapter talks about "unexplored lands"

Hint towards the outside?

I think so.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still reading everyone's posts (at #54 for now), but I just wanted to say that I find it a bit funny that this "Young World Tree that did not grow properly / Real World Tree" story happened around the same period than the Sky Tree completion in Tokyo.

Overall, I am happy that HxH will most likely focus on adventure and discovery for a while.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I think what Togashi meant by 'Outside World' wasn't in any way a specific geographical location (although it might be actually located somewhere). Have you ever heard of cryptids, creatures said to exist but hidden from commoners eyes (and thus, from science and proof)? I think he meant THAT, such as Mermaids or Fairies would be to our culture. They could be around people and not be seen, not even by Hunters that weren't looking for them.

Sometimes things are right in front of our noses and we don't see them, such as radiation (no smell, sound or color), and finding out that such a thing exists is trully a great feat. I think Togashi went esoteric now (he had done it already with Nen) and expanded the HxH universe to X-Files.

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    Not sure but I think Uriel was talking about convergent evolution, but personally I don't think Togashi would think that deep!
    Not to go overly into the subject, convergent evolution isn't about the same species. It's two different genetic branches coming together, and usually they just look alike. Example: a Shark tooth is just an adapted scale (part of his "skin"), while a regular tooth is a part of the skeleton. Whale's tails are adapted limbs (particularly the back limbs, analogous to our feet), while Shark tails are just their spine's end (no limb). They have no relationship to each other, except their appearances.

EDIT: Also, convergent evolution happens when two species are brought into the same environment for a while, not apart. Taking it into Uriel's example, Ants appearing in two places at the same time with no relationship isn't the same that we see in nature. It doesn't happen in nature. Or, if it was the same that happens in nature, it wouldn't be both Chimera Ants: one would be an Ant, the other could be a Chimera Starfish that looks like a Chimera Ant. If they're both Ants, they should have the same origin. Otherwise, they wouldn't be natural, but man-made to be like that.
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; March 03, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Jack Van Burace- I don't think Togashi will think that deeply about it.
    Though when Ging said that the chimera ant came from the "outside",did he mean the queen or the average ,smaller chimera ant?

Considering that now Alluka is with Killua and she is not "lost", wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of Kalluto joining the genei ryodan?
    On the side note ,i think we are getting more post this time around compared to the previous chapter discussion.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Thousan D Sunny's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Though when Ging said that the chimera ant came from the "outside",did he mean the queen or the average ,smaller chimera ant?
    When Gon, Killua, Kaito and his amateur hunter colleagues analyzed the arm of the Chimera Ant queen, one of them told Gon and Killua about Chimera Ants. So their normal sized version is well known to humans. So what Gin meant was apparently that the giant ants came from the "outside world".
    The new Shounen Jump Big Three:
    One Piece
    Hunter x Hunter
    Toriko

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

EDIT: Also, convergent evolution happens when two species are brought into the same environment for a while, not apart.
    In fact the first time I heard about convergent evolution, it was exactly about two different species who lived on different continents, one in Australia, the other in Europe, I don't recall which animals it was about, but the idea was that both of them looked like cousins from the outside, while in the inside, both of them were carrying genes from different ancestors, one has kangaroo in it while the other has some hedgehog if I remember well. Anyway the idea would still be the same, as it would be a bit far-fetched if Togashi thought about that in this perspective.

Damn I can't wait for next chap! I wanna hear more of what Ging has to say!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Next chapter should be decisive. I have HIGH expectations for it. New characters will be introduced or a new plot scheme will occur, so everything will hint toward it and I just can't wait to see it. If Togashi make a timeskip now I wont be annoyed, as well.

Only thing that bothers me is that Gon needs a secondary technique after that life-changing event. :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast