Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: That chapter was the conclusion of this mini-arc?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

2 5.13%
  • Give it one more chapter.

15 38.46%
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 338 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 338 Spoiler thread

Super Saiyajin Gon!

I called it first!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Rabbit marries Tiger.
    Seriously,this gotta be a joke.They barely spoke to each other during the meeting.
    I'm not happy with the turn of event.The last 2 chapters were anti-climatic .There is a lot of things that still can be explored in the hunter world that don't involve outer space .Next time,you know ,we will have aliens invading the HxH world. We still don't really know much about hunters since this story started.We were only given brief information about them and recently with the chairman arc,we know a little bit more about them but still don't know much about the specific of different category of hunters. I actually want to know more about the history regarding the hunters,how this job started ,with 288 exams held,it has a long history that Togashi could elaborate on.
    Maybe it's just me who finds the recent turn of events to be disappointing.Feel free to disagree with me for all I care.
    On the plus side,the art look better.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Seriously,this gotta be a joke.They barely spoke to each other during the meeting.
    I'm not happy with the turn of event.The last 2 chapters were anti-climatic .There is a lot of things that still can be explored in the hunter world that don't involve outer space .Next time,you know ,we will have aliens invading the HxH world. We still don't really know much about hunters since this story started.We were only given brief information about them and recently with the chairman arc,we know a little bit more about them but still don't know much about the specific of different category of hunters. I actually want to know more about the history regarding the hunters,how this job started ,with 288 exams held,it has a long history that Togashi could elaborate on.
    Maybe it's just me who finds the recent turn of events to be disappointing.Feel free to disagree with me for all I care.
    On the plus side,the art look better.
    It's disappointing and excitiing at the same time. Exciting because it is completely "crazy" for HxH standards and what you could have expected from the story.
    I agree 100 % for the disappointing part, much MUCH more elaboration should be done on the HxH world. He introduces all sorts of what I consider to be among the best manga characters ever, and then moves on without as much as some sort of conclusion. It should be common decency to give people some closure. Unacceptable. (okay maybe I wnet overboard with "closure" but the most ardent fans should get me)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Federicoxxx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

haaaa so was a real TREE?

i was thinking the world tree..was some kind..of ranking..

i was expecting.. gon grow up ..and the "TREE" as a reference..

he become one of the best Nen Users...

cause the last chapter..was talking about Many years.. passed..

but no..gon remains the same.. and the World tree was actually a real tree lol
    Itachi and Nagato..
    F.A.D
    (Friends After Death)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That was kinda fast as hell IMO. I'll wait for the scanlation in order to judge this development properly.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...
    Togashi seriously seem to be speeding up the manga...

Not sure if it's because he want to rush to the next arc, or if he wants to rush to the ending...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe the second..like Yu Yu Hakusho, when he speeds up the last chapters to end the story...

for me it's absurd the way is going to be... a new Dragon Ball GT??? where Ging and Gon are travelling through space... I don't like...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arvtax View Post
    maybe the second..like Yu Yu Hakusho, when he speeds up the last chapters to end the story...

for me it's absurd the way is going to be... a new Dragon Ball GT??? where Ging and Gon are travelling through space... I don't like...
    Let's wait for the chapter first before we judge it. I think that Togashi has what it takes to make this future event even more interesting. The thing that intrigued me the most, in the spoiler was the simple fact, that they're already people who paved the way. In addition the Tree's guardian accepted Gon to climb the top of it, whereas it usually is allowed to pass, when one is/turned 18. I think that Togashi hinted at a possible Timeskip, with this spoiler.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

After the best arc in recent shounen history, lets go for bullshit mode until the end ...

11. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether to laugh or cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    This is not bullshit. It just so happens that every few million people that are born some extraordinary ones appear like Cassius Clay (Ali), Sergey Bubka, Einstein, Planck, Gauss, Maxwell, Newton, etc. Bullshit is something like what happened with ants but since it's manga Togashi has that excuse. But I certainly would prefer to have another super-powerful Naruto be born rather than super-powerful alien come from nowhere. This is what happened in HxH. We don't know where these bugs came from, supposedly smaller versions of them where around for centuries and suddenly in a week they became most powerful creatures, lol. If they were aliens I would have as bad reaction as I've had with them (and for all we know they might be aliens ). I seriously don't understand how people can like this arc, let alone consider it as the best one O_O. Strangely enough on Polish forums everyone agrees that it's shit and I know many people who dropped Hunter x Hunter after seeing such degradation in quality of the story (for example Togashi had to use narrator so much more which showed his laziness, it's so much easier to explicitly state sth other than show it).
    For the first time I've read spoilers of HxH before English scanlation was released seeing deterioration of quality (so I wasn't expecting to be spoiled by bad story) and what do you know? Togashi comes up with aliens... Now more people should see why I consider bug-arc as shit. Hunter x Hunter world has now become a (MUCH) bigger world but also less interesting world. IMO it would be much better if Togashi focused on problems at hand without resorting to Toriyama's ideas. Introduction of alien bugs ruined HxH world :/.
    Last edited by Goral; February 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry:

For the first time I've read spoilers of HxH before English scanlation was released seeing deterioration of quality (so I wasn't expecting to be spoiled by bad story) and what do you know? Togashi comes up with aliens... Now more people should see why I consider bug-arc as shit. Hunter x Hunter world has now become a (MUCH) bigger world but also less interesting world. IMO it would be much better if Togashi focused on problems at hand without resorting to Toriyama's ideas. Introduction of alien bugs ruined HxH world :/.

The bug arc is shit, completely out of line by HxH standards....it's supposed to be about crimes, treasures and seeing the world. This is turning into a Yu Yu Hakusho/Dragon Ball shit. Don't get me wrong, I loved both of them, but I don't like what Togashi's doing with HxH...I'm fucking dissapointed

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance of Alluka (unfortunately she has to drag Killua down with her).
    but seems like HxH can end anytime in the next chapters. I'm kinda over it, this latest arc (Aluka/election) is the worst so far.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I think he's rushing to the ending at ch. 340, which is the amount he needs to complete Vol.32.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one am happy that he introduced aliens. Hopefully the people who come to just bitch about how it's getting worse will finally realise that it's not going to suddenly become the series THEY want it to be and will leave the rest of us who eagerly await the next chapter to do just that. I love how suddenly everyone knows what HXH is supposed to be about, moreso than the guy writing the thing. It's awesome. So like if I asked how the series is gonna end you'd know that too since you know so much? Then I wouldn't have to read the same crap each week about how it's sucking now....you can just tell me what HXH is supposed to be about and how it'll end so I don't have to come back to this thread. It'd be mighty nice of you.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@BDR
    You can always add me to your ignore list if it bothers you so much. I for one thought that forum isn't only for people who share the same opinion and if someone has a different opinion than majority he can present it. Guess I was wrong. To be clear, I'm venting my anger because I love Hunter x Hunter but I hate the bugs which drags whole manga down. Meruem in HxH is basically what Cell is in DB. Whenever bugs appear the story becomes less consistent and there is no originality to it (bug-arc was basically a fighting manga mixed with some Hikaru no Go not an adventure manga I love). And in this chapter I can't but think about this scene: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/75483/d...ch87_by_hao/13
    Heck, I even see Elisabeth from Gintama here.

Now Togashi should explain how come bugs managed to travel through space and yet be so primitive (at the start), why they even need to assimilate inferior species and how does it fit into his earlier explanation where he said that smaller version of these bugs were present for a long time.
    Last edited by Goral; February 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast