Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: That chapter was the conclusion of this mini-arc?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

2 5.13%
  • Give it one more chapter.

15 38.46%
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 338 Discussion

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 338 Spoiler thread

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    I'm afraid this 'beyond the outer limit' world is going to be up to our imagination.
    Given the recent draft drawings especially, main characters' arc being wrapped up, I think this 'outer limit' talk is basically Togashi's "The world is unlimited! Go explore kids!" ending to HxH.
    Yup. I can totally see this happening, and that's the scary part. Moreso than current events, this is what I fear happening the most.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid this 'beyond the outer limit' world is going to be up to our imagination.
    Given the recent draft drawings especially, main characters' arc being wrapped up, I think this 'outer limit' talk is basically Togashi's "The world is unlimited! Go explore kids!" ending to HxH.
    IF it ends at chapter 340, I'll rip his balls out and feed them to him. It'll be even worse than yuyu hakusho as there are wayyyyy more questions left hanging...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the idea of an enormous world isn't new at all imo. Remember when Ging appeared for the first time on the back of those frog-like and griffin-like beasts. When I saw that for the first time in the anime I enjoyed imagining how big a world bearing those types of creatures could be, and I definitely fell in love with the world of HxH.
    It's not that serious but you can't really say stuff like "It's like in Toriko", in fact it goes the other way around, Shimabukuro clearly inspired himself from Togashi's work, you just have to look at both mangas' first page, I think how Shima introduced his story was a way to pay a tribute to Toga's HxH.
    This chapter reassures me a bit, because with the ants crisis I was losing that sense of how huge HxH really is, though I would still be inerested in how Togashi would deal with a travel to outer space, I mean maybe it's not necessarily about taking a space ship and training on the road, maybe it could be about a hidden nen portal created by a powerful user from a lost civilization. Maybe the ants were imprisoned in a meteorite when the planet they inhabited was hit by a asteroid, stuff like that. I mean there's gotta be ways to make a quite entertaining story!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    Well the idea of an enormous world isn't new at all imo. Remember when Ging appeared for the first time on the back of those frog-like and griffin-like beasts. When I saw that for the first time in the anime I enjoyed imagining how big a world bearing those types of creatures could be, and I definitely fell in love with the world of HxH.
    It's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the last page. That place could be anywhere in the known HxH world, but I have a feeling that it may be the circle shaped island up north on the map...you know, isolated n'stuff.
    The "it's like Toriko" is not a direct comparison, but rather a way of being able to define it more or less clearly with the information(and doubts) we have now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What question is there left really? Ging can explained whereabout of Gon's mom in one page in the next two chapter. Everyone found their path. Gon will continue to explore the unknown, killua is commited to babysit, kurapika will let his vengeful hatred fades overtime, leoleo continus to study. Hisoka's fight with kuroro can be explained afterward in one dialogue bubble. There isn't going to be any explanation nor consequences to aruka's power because she's just a plain deux ex machina. Togashi probably understand that the concept of 'unknown' 'outer world' always sounded more interesting if you don't have to actually explain and illustrate it out. The ending is here, basically. It's ready. The last frame could be hisoka challenge a fight with a grown up Gon and we won't know who wins.
    Last edited by chei; February 29, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What question is there left really? Ging can explained whereabout of Gon's mom in one page in the next two chapter. Everyone found their path. Gon will continue to explore the unknown, killua is commited to babysit, kurapika will let his vengeful hatred fades overtime, leoleo continus to study. Hisoka's fight with kuroro can be explained afterward in one dialogue bubble. There isn't going to be any explanation nor consequences to aruka's power because she's just a plain deux ex machina. Togashi probably understand that the concept of 'unknown' 'outer world' always sounded more interesting if you don't have to actually explain and illustrate it out. The ending is here, basically. It's ready. The last frame could be hisoka challenge a fight with a grown up Gon and we won't know who wins.
    Gyro? Actually seeing Kurapika? Nostrade Family's fate? Genei Ryodan? Kuroro? Kaito? Zoldyics after learning Killua ran off with their wish granting son/daughter? Illumi?

Granted a lot of those COULD be wrapped up in a chapter, and there really isn't anything stopping Togashi from trolling us all at the end of chapter 340, I think it's a bit extreme to say there's nothing left.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

And there we go again, with the "it's going to end mimimi" talk... and I thought the spoilers would give it an end instead of a new begining ._.'

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am saying its ready to end. A good writer would leave you wanting more, and this is what's happening. Everything you listed are potentials that aren't necessarily going to lead to anything, especially given Togashi's anti-climatic nature and post modern endings. I don't get what's so unresolved about the phantom troupe. These guys will just carry on their ways and live out their lives in the wicked glory, with or without kuroro. zoldyck released their alert level, so obviously they let Killua and Alluka go. illumi always wanted to control killua but he let him go on journey with Gon too, so whatever 'he wanted that power' means. Gyro is settling into a new colony with new followers, it doesn't have to concern the main characters. What truly matters is the characters growing into their own and realize their path. And we are given these already. Albeit killua's path ended up so lame in my opinion, a wasted potential who just live for others.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am saying its ready to end. A good writer would leave you wanting more, and this is what's happening. Everything you listed are potentials that aren't necessarily going to lead to anything, especially given Togashi's anti-climatic nature and post modern endings. I don't get what's so unresolved about the phantom troupe. These guys will just carry on their ways and live out their lives in the wicked glory, with or without kuroro. zoldyck released their alert level, so obviously they let Killua and Alluka go. illumi always wanted to control killua but he let him go on journey with Gon too, so whatever 'he wanted that power' means. Gyro is settling into a new colony with new followers, it doesn't have to concern the main characters. What truly matters is the characters growing into their own and realize their path. And we are given these already. Albeit killua's path ended up so lame in my opinion, a wasted potential who just live for others.
    In regards to the Ryodan if they just wanted to marade and murder without Kuroro why would they go to GI in the first place? Gyro woulda never been introed if he wasn't meant to go anywhere. Especially when Togashi goes out of his way to say that at one point he and Gon would eventually meet. I too am disappointed with the path Killua took since he is my favorite character, but logically it makes sense even if you don't like Alluka. Though one thing you are absoultely right about is Togashi just leaving readers hanging when he's bored with a series. As much as I'd like to dispute HXH's length further, his past series are proof to your argument. *Sigh*.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to hold out hope that Hunter still has more kick left in it, I think NGL has some fantastic chapters and this recent arc does too but I've been some what dissatisfied with both these past two arcs endings. It leaves me worried he might end it soon. But I assume since the new anime JUST started, that he'll try to keep it going at least another year or so (probably at least 2). I'd like to see the 2011 anime at least catch up to the election arc before he just ends it all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I also thought that he is wrapping things up to make an open end, but guys, why does he keep introducing new ways where the story may possible lead, like, leorios callout why kurapika is not with Gon (Just mentioning Kurapika at this point is thoughtwhile) or the day X plan from Pariston...I just want to add things that were not mentioned to keep the discussion alive. :P

And look at the Illustrations, at some points they are rough, and at some points they look really polished...just what the hell is up with togashi..I cant find reasons at recent chapters being this radical different in quality.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hachikurooo's Avatar
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure where the idea of Hunter x Hunter ending comes from. I mean, Bleach even announced that it was entering its last arc. While Hunter x Hunter isn't part of the Big Three, it's big enough to warrant some /official/ news. That said, I've gone past the point of being angry at Togashi. I just really enjoy whatever he comes up with every week.

This chapter opens up a new idea. Considering the nen abilities + talent these people in HxH have, the travel to outer space isn't as far fetched as it sounds. In reality, we've had space expeditions so why shouldn't the HxH universe venture off? On Killua, he's finally found something he wanted to do. I'm actually impressed by Killua's altruism. It should be interesting how things work out from here. I'm personally hoping for a Leorio arc, but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and HxH ends next week.

In short: I ain't even mad.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if nothing else the new anime not even being a year old and ending the manga which are meant to be running alongside one another, is reason enough to believe he can't end it yet. You bring up a great point we need to see the next Hunter exam, Kurapika, etc. Also did anyone realize Leorio said he'd go with Gon, and never said goodbye but he hasn't been in the last two chapters? I hope we see more of the side characters before the next arc begins.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so to be clear, what we are seeing in the world map is merely a half of the world? and there is an entire set of continents so to speak on the other side?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The phantom troupe do have feelings for kuroro (they are childhood friends) so of course they would want him back. But it's not like they were profoundly changed by the incident, so much so that there's 'mystery' and 'story arc worthy character explorations' to devote a new chapter about. Readers wanted to see more of them Because they are interesting, NOT because of them having unresolve stories to be told (as fans seems to suggest). Kurapica's arc can be concluded by him tracking down and burying all his clansmen's eyes and starting to find inner peace. It's spelled out that getting rid of Kuroro didn't satisfied Kurapica at all, so he's not going to find any resolution by dealing more with the phantom troupe. So in storytelling pov, that arc was resolved. there's really no new chapter worthy materials. To bring that back will just come off looking like milking it. Tgats why togashi havent revisit it since, and the part where the phantoms fought the ants felt like fans service. Again I think its a case of a good storyteller making you wanting more.

But Togashi isn't the one who'll give readers that as his past works indicate.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Maybe the new anime got green lighted because they had inside information that it's ending, so there's no more risk of hiatus and needing to come up with fillers.
    Last edited by chei; February 29, 2012 at 03:09 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast