Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Nothing definite till now, just that it lost it's airing slot on TV.

That remake talk again, honestly for what? To waste two+ years on reproducing already available content instead of directly making the best out of the final arc? One can easily skip fillers, the 1:1 adaption, not so much. DBZ was riddled more with stills than filler and HxH only had 3/5 of the current chapters done. Would people want a Reborn remake too instead of a continuation?
    For Reborn!, a continuation would be enough because it was not that long ago.
    Remember HxH was 1999. That's close to 13 years.
    I don't want Bleach to end because I enjoy the anime.
    Instead they could've dropped Naruto.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; February 26, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    Why remake, the quality of the real arcs is good, just release a second version with all fillers cut and you have a master piece.

With the mixture of 4:3 episodes and 16:9 episodes in the current "HD-World" ? Are you sure about your statement ?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Age, remakes and fillers

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    For Reborn!, a continuation would be enough because it was not that long ago.
    Remember HxH was 1999. That's close to 13 years.
    I don't want Bleach to end because I enjoy the anime.
    Instead they could've dropped Naruto.
    Or end both. :P These statements will allways looks biased based on the sub-forum[Naruto, Bleach, OP, whatever].

It ended in '04, feels like it happened yesterday. haha Is being a dozen years old now a legitimate reason for a remake? Imo that's a shitty trend from the west and it's enough with HxH and DB Kai already. I will always state that a remake of anime is a waste, 'cause it takes away the chance for another adaption or original anime to shine.

Guys, why are you arguing about fillers in here? oO Yeath the intention to stop them or they themself may be a reason for the cancellation, but if they have good placement within the arcs, not so much.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Remakes should be done just for series like FMA, soul eater and the other monthly mangas that have a sh**ty anime BTW i doubt that they are dropping bleach... Fillers are always welcome in japan.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Please take in mind that this is a thread about Bleach's anime ending (or not). Not a detailed discussion whether the plot in fillers are good or bad, or discussion about the filler arcs.

I can understand the arguments arguing for the positive side of Bleach's anime ending, but quite frankly they don't outweigh the negative sides that would affect the Bleach franchise, not to mention the manga specifically. An anime is directly tied to a series' exposure in Japan (and internationally), and thus its popularity. If the anime would end (which it's not), it would severely hurt Bleach's popularity even further. There's a reason why every series wants an anime adaption, because it functions as a safety net. It's a superb way of advertising the series and broadening its exposure, thus increasing the population's interest in the series. It's a win-win situation both for Shueisha and the respective anime studio. An anime attracts new viewers, many of whom later buy the manga as well, as well as opens up the possibility for heavy TV advertisement and further franchise development. When the anime makes the manga more popular, the manga in turn also attracts more viewers for the anime and thus makes it more popular. Having an anime basically equals "having made it" for a mangaka, as in the series having successfully taken roots and established its position in the market.

While Kubo has been established for years and the anime has been a long running one, ending it would be highly counterproductive both for the studio and manga, and would be bad business. It would quite frankly be a stupid move from a business point of view. Both the manga and anime would lose fans, the manga would make less money by being less popular, and the anime (if it returns later) would be starting on a level below its current level as it would have to build up to its previous popularity and position (although not from zero like new anime have to). Not to mention that fillers are usually (which applies to Naruto too) more popular in Japan than the actual canon episodes, so making fillers is actually a smart move from a business standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    I agree... they stopped Naruto, took a break, and came back on with Naruto Shipuden. Why not come back with Bleach 2 after an extended brake?
    I guess you missed out on the two years worth of fillers between Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. That's what Bleach should do to maintain a good business and at the same time increase the gap between the anime and manga more significantly.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

But the problem is, the overall quality of the series. Should they sacrifice quality over profits?? granted, the Japanese audience don't care that much about the quality, but are you sure that having two years worth of fillers (like Naruto) for Bleach is a good idea?? fillers may be fine and all for the Japanese, but if it drags out, it will eventually tank the ratings in Japan too, wouldn't it??

So, IMO instead of using two years worth of fillers, (which will eventually hurt the series rather than help it) taking a hiatus would be a good idea wouldn't it??

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    So, IMO instead of using two years worth of fillers, (which will eventually hurt the series rather than help it) taking a hiatus would be a good idea wouldn't it??
    Well, the problem is that "Bleach" will be never get return after a long hiatus like "Hitman Reborn" does ( last Episode was in 2010 !!!! ).

Either ending the anime-series until the manga is done or 1-2 year shitty long filler.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

First, Kubo introduces the current manga arc as the final one, and now is the TV show cancelled/on hiatus ... Even though Bleach as manga will likely stay for years, I feel for Bleach fans, can't imagine if that happened to OP. I don't even want to speculate on why Bleach is stopped on TV - but I really really hope it's because they're as tired of filler arcs as I was when I stopped watching the show on Episode 229, and not because of the bad Jump rankings.

I thought of jumping in the comparison discussion, but typing this I'm overwriting it. Just don't open Pandora's Box of Flamewars. Just on a side note: Comparing a show from Toei with a show from Pierrot is like comparing a ghibli movie to one from gainax. Toei uses less visual effects, Pierrot more - so be it.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Please stay on topic, in-depth discussion about filler arcs till now can be done somewhere else o/

ex oriente lux

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found something, but I don´t know if this about "Bleach". Can anyone translated it for us ?

Source: http://pierrot.jp/jump/j00-03.html

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is really surprising. Is there word out whether this is just until Kubo finishes out the series or is Pierrot hanging it up for good?

Either way it's especially odd considering that the Beelzebub anime is ending so close to the same time(they were both done by Studio Pierrot). That is a lot of big cancellations for one studio in a short time.

I've never been a huge fan of Studio Pierrot's work, but of all their projects I always thought Bleach was the one they did the best job with. It seems like that was where the best animation talent went and sometimes they even did a pretty good job. The filler arcs were bad, but filler arcs are almost always bad.

I suppose it would be too much to hope that Studio Pierrot would somehow lose the rights, so the anime could be finished in a year or so by a better studio. One arc of Bleach done by Bones would be so good. I mean, they made Soul Eater look like the best battle manga ever written and if you give them some of Kubo's fights it would be pure magic.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its gonna be cancel for various reasons.
    1st Anime and manga are way to close to each other
    2nd manga is on its last arc and producers dont want fillers to get in the way of the awesomeness
    3rd Fillers are so damm trashy they decided to waited till the manga was at least 1-2years away from its animation counterpart

Bleach will return in 2-3years after the manga is on its last year
    Trust me.
    Theres no way they will cancel a Anime that makes this much money
    Last edited by daman246; February 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what people thought about Reborn too, but we will likely never see it again aside from an OVA or so.

As someone mentioend before. It's more of an advertizment than anything else, I doubt DVD sales, if there are any, make that much money. And it's not like they had any scruples in the past with both Naruto and Bleach fillers, Pierot "King of Fillers". XD
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: it's late, good night <3
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime shouldn't be canceled because of fillers, thats ludicrous. The filler arcs have been doing exactly what they supposed to be doing; keeping the anime from catching up to the manga. It is also amazingly entertaining. I don't see how naruto wouldn't get canceled for their filler(not that i want it to) considering they literally make up powers, personalty traits, and whole back stories for characters. Not to mention that the animation quality drops as well as the content. Bleach deserves some sort of prize for their anime. Its EPIC.
    Last edited by Asclepius; February 29, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think there is another factor besides fillers that can diminish quality, and by extension DVD sales, and that is pacing.

The first part of Naruto for example averaged 2-3 chapters per episode. So that was 38-57 pages of script per episode. Naruto Shippuden cut that down to 1-2 per episode(only 19-38 pages of script) which caused Shippuden to drag considerably more. As I haven't watched Bleach recently I can't accurately say what their pacing was like but in the past it was fairly slow. Which leads to not-so-great stuff like the infamous...

Spoiler:  Orihime's "Kurosaki-kun's" show

Of all the animation studio's Pierrot seems like the worst offender when it comes to that stuff. They try to patch it with filler, repeatedly loop combat animations, or drag out scenes where everybody is standing around to absurd lengths; but all of that stuff comes at the price of cutting into the overall quality of the series and makes less and less appealing as a DVD purchase.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast