Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter (2011) OST Fan Club

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011) OST Fan Club

I guess the track that plays for the Zoldyck Family hasn't been released yet?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this isn't the same view expressed by some but I honestly believe the 2011 OST to be the most diverse OST to ever be in a shonen series. There are so many wildly different sounding tracks that provide so many different tones and moods to the atmosphere.

I think its amazing and there are some tracks I'd consider instant classics. It's just so memorable and unique. I think a lot of people hate it because its too different to the norm. It's just too unique and inspired for some peoples tastes, who prefer the same type of song for the same mood in every series lol. I always laugh at people who say 'World of Adventurers' is too adventurous!! or stuff like that lol. Cracks me up.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I know this isn't the same view expressed by some but I honestly believe the 2011 OST to be the most diverse OST to ever be in a shonen series. There are so many wildly different sounding tracks that provide so many different tones and moods to the atmosphere.

I think its amazing and there are some tracks I'd consider instant classics. It's just so memorable and unique. I think a lot of people hate it because its too different to the norm. It's just too unique and inspired for some peoples tastes, who prefer the same type of song for the same mood in every series lol. I always laugh at people who say 'World of Adventurers' is too adventurous!! or stuff like that lol. Cracks me up.

I think the big reason why people don't take well too the 2011 OST is actually because they find it a bit overwhelming.

Compare it to the 1999 OST and you'll see how generally speaking the 1999 OST has much more "close to home" feel to it.
    It's VERY folksy. Which isn't a bad thing by any means. And it rather fits with what the 1999 series was.

The 2011 OST is daring, exotic, and epic. In a way I say it's rather RPG like. This isn't a bad thing either.
    In fact I think it's awesome how it is. Though I can't wait to hear future tracks.

The 2011 OST is actually imo one of the best OSTs I've seen. I like virtually every song and that's actualy a rarity for me.

I don't even like every song from the 1999 OST.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I think the big reason why people don't take well too the 2011 OST is actually because they find it a bit overwhelming.

Compare it to the 1999 OST and you'll see how generally speaking the 1999 OST has much more "close to home" feel to it.
    It's VERY folksy. Which isn't a bad thing by any means. And it rather fits with what the 1999 series was.

The 2011 OST is daring, exotic, and epic. In a way I say it's rather RPG like. This isn't a bad thing either.
    In fact I think it's awesome how it is. Though I can't wait to hear future tracks.

The 2011 OST is actually imo one of the best OSTs I've seen. I like virtually every song and that's actualy a rarity for me.

I don't even like every song from the 1999 OST.
    RPG like is a great way to describe it. I just feel that it's the sorta thing Togashi would go for.
    We all know his love of RPG's afterall lol. But yes, it really fits in my opinion. I find it really exciting.

Now that you mention it, don't you think this song would fit perfectly amongst the 2011 OST?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuWp5a2m11w
    Last edited by futurefrog; April 11, 2012 at 02:56 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I think Bleach has the most diverse soundtrack for a shonen series. It starts off having a pretty standard OST, then it gets a little weird, then all of a sudden harpsichord tracks come in, then it becomes very Spanish-like, then some more atmospheric tracks, then epic orchestral music, etc...

Sorry for getting a little out of topic. Anyway, I really liked the old soundtrack but I never liked its use of pan flutes. That was really cheesey in my opinion. Some tracks featured in the new anime are pretty average but at the same time there are a lot of tracks that feature fantastic arrangements. The Zoldyck theme has become a favourite of mine recently. It sounds like something you'd hear in an opera or a ballet .

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Actually I think Bleach has the most diverse soundtrack for a shonen series. It starts off having a pretty standard OST, then it gets a little weird, then all of a sudden harpsichord tracks come in, then it becomes very Spanish-like, then some more atmospheric tracks, then epic orchestral music, etc...

Sorry for getting a little out of topic. Anyway, I really liked the old soundtrack but I never liked its use of pan flutes. That was really cheesey in my opinion. Some tracks featured in the new anime are pretty average but at the same time there are a lot of tracks that feature fantastic arrangements. The Zoldyck theme has become a favourite of mine recently. It sounds like something you'd hear in an opera or a ballet .
    I mean most diverse so quickly. Bleach developed a diverse soundtrack over hundreds of episodes. HxH 2011 features an incredibly diverse OST from the get go. We have big orchestral themes like the Zoldyck theme, the spanish tune that is Hisokas theme, got a multitude of exotic sounding tracks, there is the solemn emotional track which is Killua's theme, the badass rock track that played after the Mike scene, the adventurous songs like World of Adventurers and Boy's Be Couragous. I can only imagine how much more wild and diverse it will become as we move forward.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^True. I can't wait to hear Chrollo's and Meryem's eventual themes, that is if they get individual themes. They better be as awesome as the Zoldyck theme!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^True. I can't wait to hear Chrollo's and Meryem's eventual themes, that is if they get individual themes. They better be as awesome as the Zoldyck theme!
    I'm sure they will. Genthru will probably get his own theme too (I hope it sounds dangerous). The King's theme would be interesting, Chrollo's I can kinda tell what it'd be like, but I can't predict how the King's song would sound. Interesting...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the difference is that Bleach is different with each soundtrack

HxH 2011 has only one soundtrack thus far and each song in it is different.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    RPG like is a great way to describe it. I just feel that it's the sorta thing Togashi would go for.
    We all know his love of RPG's afterall lol. But yes, it really fits in my opinion. I find it really exciting.

Now that you mention it, don't you think this song would fit perfectly amongst the 2011 OST?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuWp5a2m11w
    Actually would fit well with the rest of the soundtrack.

BTW is Dragon Quest any fun? I never actually played it.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    the difference is that Bleach is different with each soundtrack

HxH 2011 has only one soundtrack thus far and each song in it is different.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Actually would fit well with the rest of the soundtrack.

BTW is Dragon Quest any fun? I never actually played it.
    Dragon Quest is INCREDIBLY fun. I love all of them. My favourite is Dragon Quest 9.
    But yeah that DQ theme seriously would fit with HxH 2011 haha

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Here you can listen to a 45 seconds preview of every track in OST 2:
    http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/TV%E3%...item/11612356/

15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Words can't describe how much I'm loving the second OST, and this is only based on listening to previews! I love "The Mad Bailaor", it's so flamboyant, so Hisoka xD! Track number 10 sounds like Nobunaga's theme, "Dr. Warm-Hearted Miser" seems to be a variant of Leorio's theme, and "TO-MO-DA-CHI" and the other tracks featuring the same melody seem to be Gon/Killua's theme (a double theme). What I love most about this soundtrack is how there's such a great balance between lighter and darker tracks!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The player is not working for me.

Edit: n/v it seems to be firefox.
    Last edited by there76; May 23, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man we're going to be getting a lot of Death Note esque music. Can't wait for the Yorknew Arc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just listened to the first five tracks, and I'm loving! it.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast