Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter (2011) OST Fan Club

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter (2011) OST Fan Club

Discuss the music for HxH 2011. Haters can hate elsewhere.
    This is for people who enjoy the soundtrack. Not for party poopers.

If you're not a party pooper then join the fun.

What are your favorite tracks?

What tracks do you think would fit well with upcoming scenes?

review each track (doesn't have to be positive but if you don't like it give reasons beyond "it sucks". We'll know if you are honestly reviewing or are just being a hater)

review music used in each episode (again same thing.)

remember to keep the discussion civil!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter (2011) OST Fan Club

I hate the new soundtrack!! It sucks!!!

Nah, just joking. Hisoka's theme is awesome. I never would have thought to put him to that kind of music, but after someone pointed out its awesomeness in the anime thread, I always notice it and it totally fit. Thus ends my very eloquent and high-brow review. :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    I hate the new soundtrack!! It sucks!!!

Nah, just joking. Hisoka's theme is awesome. I never would have thought to put him to that kind of music, but after someone pointed out its awesomeness in the anime thread, I always notice it and it totally fit. Thus ends my very eloquent and high-brow review. :P
    Most excellent review.

The Hisoka theme which by the way is called in english "The Magician's Baile"
    is growing on me as well. It is kinda out of left field though.
    It's like Hisoka murders someone and then a mariachi band starts playing.
    But then again Hisoka is so crazy that it actually works. I mean Hisoka would
    be the type of person who would kill others to the tune of a mariachi band.

I think "The Magician's Baile" would go rather well with
    Spoiler show

For the upcoming scene at the end of volume 9 chapter 83 I think the
    track 30 "Illusion" would fit quite nicely there. The build up of the track
    would be where Kurapica learns about the
    Spoiler show

and then near the very end of the song we would then have the very last
    panel of chapter 83. Then either the episode should end or go to an ad break.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I really like that song a lot too. I think it will fit well during this scene--it's when Hisoka really showcases how fabulous he can be, haha. His movements are so showy and look at what he's wearing. Haha, I love this match.

I think that Hirano's soundtrack is fantastic for Madhouse's series. I've been a big fan of Yoshihisa Hirano for years--having him do the soundtrack for the new HxH series is like a dream. Can you imagine it playing during later parts of the series? Like during climactic scenes in the Chimera Ant arc or Greed Island. I think it fits very well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    ^ I really like that song a lot too. I think it will fit well during this scene--it's when Hisoka really showcases how fabulous he can be, haha. His movements are so showy and look at what he's wearing. Haha, I love this match.

I think that Hirano's soundtrack is fantastic for Madhouse's series. I've been a big fan of Yoshihisa Hirano for years--having him do the soundtrack for the new HxH series is like a dream. Can you imagine it playing during later parts of the series? Like during climactic scenes in the Chimera Ant arc or Greed Island. I think it fits very well.
    You mean the Magician's Baile, right? Yeah that would be good time to use it.
    I'm hoping they'll still use these tracks in later arcs but have new tracks to mix it up.

As for another great Hisoka moment, I would like to see the track "Boys, be courageous"
    used when
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said in the 2011 anime thread, my favourite track in the soundtrack is track 20 (くじら島より). I love how it managed to turn the "cartoony" main theme (which I do like by the way) into something so beautiful. The track really gives off and adventure feeling, as if you're trekking through a vast, unexplored land (which is why I loved how well it went with the scene where Gon and co. explore the island during the 4th exam).

Spoiler show

Tracks 8 (航海) and 21 (朝市にて) sound like music that will be used in the G.I. arc. I really like how much they remind me of an RPG !

Spoiler show

I like how track 14 (Boys, Be Courageous!) sounds like the Pirates of the Caribbean theme and how track 18 (Beyond the Seas) sounds like the main theme as well as the intro theme of Final Fantasy VII.
    Last edited by Crude; February 25, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it. Not sure if better or worse than the old one yet.

Thanks for reading my review.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Chichi no Senaka and Ginpatsu no Lullaby are both awesome. I enjoy Piano themes a lot, so these won me over. They're not masterpieces, sure, but the sound is so simple that works efficiently as OST.
    Koukai at 1:37 is also awesome. I love ethnic rhythmic and Celtic music is particularly that I think fits most of encouraging moments.
    But Boys Be Corageous is one of my faves. I deeply enjoy that kind of style in OST, since it gives such a great adventure feeling.

Note aside I really don't like Hashire. Takes too long to enter climax. Hunter March, Yume Wo Oikatete, The World of Adventures and the piano version (Hunter Taisou) already exhausted me. I don't want to hear those for a while :P I hate when they use the same melody constantly, even with the obvious difference it's damn too repetitive. And songs are not that far from each other to don't bother my ear.

Genei No Banka is cool, I think we heard too little of it to actually be comfortable with it. But it has that nostalgia and drama and grandiloquent feeling proper from them. I can actually see the spider while hearing it. Not my fave, but great work there.

Mystic Land is quite good, but I think that they picked wrongly the complement of the melodies as they join...They are not as good as that feeling of strange voice that could have been more developed in terms of exploring the possibilities there.

Mozadono No Heigei would sound better with a saxophone instead of the piano. Now that I hear Koshi Tantan add it to the list of "I'm tired of this one".

And as everyone here, I'm quite fond of Hisoka's Theme. I deeply enjoy the sound of a Spanish guitar (That is not Mariachi style, you fools!)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    As I said in the 2011 anime thread, my favourite track in the soundtrack is track 21 (くじら島より). I love how it managed to turn the "cartoony" main theme (which I do like by the way) into something so beautiful. The track really gives off and adventure feeling, as if you're trekking through a vast, unexplored land (which is why I loved how well it went with the scene where Gon and co. explore the island during the 4th exam).

Spoiler show

Tracks 8 (航海) and 21 (朝市にて) sound like music that will be used in the G.I. arc. I really like how much they remind me of an RPG !

Spoiler show

I like how track 14 (Boys, Be Courageous!) sounds like the Pirates of the Caribbean theme and how track 18 (Beyond the Seas) sounds like the main theme as well as the intro theme of Final Fantasy VII.
    Did you mean track 20 because that's one you have a video of?

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    I love it. Not sure if better or worse than the old one yet.

Thanks for reading my review.
    Cool. Short and to the point. Good review.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Chichi no Senaka and Ginpatsu no Lullaby are both awesome. I enjoy Piano themes a lot, so these won me over. They're not masterpieces, sure, but the sound is so simple that works efficiently as OST.
    Koukai at 1:37 is also awesome. I love ethnic rhythmic and Celtic music is particularly that I think fits most of encouraging moments.
    But Boys Be Corageous is one of my faves. I deeply enjoy that kind of style in OST, since it gives such a great adventure feeling.

Note aside I really don't like Hashire. Takes too long to enter climax. Hunter March, Yume Wo Oikatete, The World of Adventures and the piano version (Hunter Taisou) already exhausted me. I don't want to hear those for a while :P I hate when they use the same melody constantly, even with the obvious difference it's damn too repetitive. And songs are not that far from each other to don't bother my ear.

Genei No Banka is cool, I think we heard too little of it to actually be comfortable with it. But it has that nostalgia and drama and grandiloquent feeling proper from them. I can actually see the spider while hearing it. Not my fave, but great work there.

Mystic Land is quite good, but I think that they picked wrongly the complement of the melodies as they join...They are not as good as that feeling of strange voice that could have been more developed in terms of exploring the possibilities there.

Mozadono No Heigei would sound better with a saxophone instead of the piano. Now that I hear Koshi Tantan add it to the list of "I'm tired of this one".

And as everyone here, I'm quite fond of Hisoka's Theme. I deeply enjoy the sound of a Spanish guitar (That is not Mariachi style, you fools!)
    Heh. Hashire is actually my favorite. But I think they should use only at a few key points.

But good review.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sorry I meant 20. I'll go edit my post now.

And Uriel's right about Hisoka's theme. It's flamenco, not mariachi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Yeah sorry I meant 20. I'll go edit my post now.

And Uriel's right about Hisoka's theme. It's flamenco, not mariachi
    I had a feeling I was wrong about that.

---------- Post added March 11, 2012 at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was February 26, 2012 at 06:26 AM ----------

While I love the OST I think it would be totally righteous if they make some variations of the songs.

Like a heavy metal version of "The Silver Haired Boy" would be pretty sweet.

I would make a cover myself...dang it I don't have any musical talent whatsoever.

Well if we ever find any covers post them here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who else liked the new OST that was played at the end of episode 22?

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    I did.

I also liked the theme played when Gon called Gotoh.

Also the theme playing after they went the testing gate was good

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    Me. The new OST in episode 22 was amazing!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a very stereotypical shonen track but I still loved it anyway ! Episode 22 was pretty great in terms of music selection.

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast