Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is Your Favorite Character

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eren

4 6.06%
  • Mikasa

27 40.91%
  • Armin

3 4.55%
  • Rivaille

13 19.70%
  • Annie

8 12.12%
  • Sasha

5 7.58%
  • Jean

5 7.58%
  • Reiner

1 1.52%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Character

As of right now, my favorite character is Mikasa. That speech she gave to Eren about Annie is still chilling to me.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see how many people Mikasa.

I must say, this is the first time in memory that I've actually liked a main heroine. Sure, she's not perfect, she's a little too emotionally dependent on Eren, but besides her character style what I really like is how she isn't pathetic like most female main heroines end up being. Hell, I'd say she's actually better than Eren at this point, though Eren closes up the gap with his Superpowered Evil Side
    Last edited by CepheiMordred; June 24, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mikasa. Also, some interesting information: Isayama noted in an interview that he likes Jean; the guy who always speaks his mind.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CepheiMordred View Post
    Interesting to see how many people Mikasa.

I must say, this is the first time in memory that I've actually liked a main heroine. Sure, she's not perfect, she's a little too emotionally dependent on Eren, but besides her character style what I really like is how she isn't pathetic like most female main heroines end up being. Hell, I'd say she's actually better than Eren at this point, though Eren closes up the gap with his Superpowered Evil Side
    Mikasa and Rivaille are the easiest characters to like. The cool ace archetype is generally the most popular. Personally I don't care much for them. It's great that Mikasa's a strong, competent heroine though.

My favorites are Jean, Armin and Annie. Zoé is a lot of fun too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vansonbee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Annie and Mikasa for me.

Mikasa is something Eren is lacking as a protagonist. She reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto, except less of a cry baby.

Annie has strongly been growing on me, since finding out she is a giant. What is her past? What is her mission? She not cruel enough to kill her human friends and shown sympathy at certain deaths (church girl).

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll add Sasha to my list of favorite characters after that chapter.

I always thought she was fun but she was mostly used as comic relief. That chapter did a great job giving her more substance.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reiner really impressed me with his skill against the Titans, and I think his character is an interesting and genuine person, I want to see a lot more of him. Armin is good too, I like how smart he is I had no Idea annie was the female Titan, and his plan was great, I even thought Annie was setting them up for a while.

The characters are amazing in this story, and I cant wait to find out more about them, even though they might not all survive its great to make these connections.

P.S. Jean is another of my favorites, He is just a compelling character in my opinion, he is pretty interesting.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Rivaille, due to the fact that he's actually a pretty cool bro-type guy despite showing the angsty aloof face. The author dodged the "unemotional angsty hero" cliche very well here.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say Rivaille.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i love all the 104th trainees who join the scouting legion!!!!! cause theyre special and good at surviving hehehehe

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AandWguy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like armin the most, he seems the most human due to his self doubting yet I like it when he takes control, hes also one of the kindest characters if no the kindest. those are great qualities.
    Suprise!!! Gotta love those faces!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SO MANY CHARACTERS....SO MANY FAVORITES....

Right now, my number 1 favorite is Hanji. Second is Annie. Tied in third, Reiner and Bertolt. I couldn't list the rest because they aren't ranked and there's A LOT OF THEM.

Hanji really impressed me so much the moment she was introduced properly in the manga. I really liked her over enthusiasm in science(and of titans) and at the same time her dedication to the cause of humanity's victory. It's rather hard to find someone in fiction(especially Japanese anime/manga), who's energetic at the same time quite knowledgeable in science these days especially a female.

Annie, Reiner and Bertolt. Yes, the three titans. The three of them are my favorites. Yes, I'm somewhat out of the right mind for them being my favorites. I really like how they manage to not get caught under the radar during their trainee days, and their subtlety in communication throughout the manga. The three of them are also the most mysterious characters of all right now(we were just given little bits of pieces about their background). Just, OMG...

Annie ranked higher than Reiner and Bertolt though because of her development throughout the series(and I ship her with Eren, ErenxAnnie, my fave ship). I doubt she's going to come back physically anymore since I took a look at the back of volume 9(I didn't get to see volume 10) and compared it to other volumes. She wasn't there in vol.9 just like how Marco was gone in the back starting vol.5. She'll probably just appear in flashbacks in the future chapters like Marco is. If she ever comes back, you know Isayama Hajime, she'd probably end up dead(either through torture or somekind of event that would end up her being dead nooooo).

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the characters are my main reason for reading this manga, I can't decide for one, so I just list up who I like especially and why:

Sasha: She's just so funny and somehow the character I can relate to the most.If I absolutely had to choose, she would be my favorite character.

Zoé: MAD SCIENTIST! No, she's just an interesting character all around. It's hinted that she was a pretty ruthless person in the past, but now her desire to know the truth is definitely taking priority.

Rivaille: He has a really strong personality, and is a good leader. It took me a while, but now I like him too.

Annie,Bertholdt,Reiner: Everything I could say here has already been said before, so...well, I agree with that.

Mikasa: Exactly the type of character I usually like the most, and here it's no exception. The first ED of the anime just drives home the point completely.

But I really like all of the characters.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; April 16, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for JEAN.
    Third place than, contended with Annie and let me say: it's a good place for a not over power character after two beasts like Mikasa and Rivaille =D

I like him so much for his personality, mean and honest at the same time, and cuz he's probably a weak trying to be strong more than he ever been.
    I love his thought during and after the graduation declaration while all the people were desperate he thinked first:

"Damnit... Please I beg of you. Please don't make me HATE MYSELF more than I already do..."

And after the point of no return he said too:

"Yeah... Fuck this... I'm deep in motherfucking SHIT... The goddamn scouting legion..."

So a nice simple guy nope? Love it! XD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess that my favourite character is Mikasa.
    She's the only one between the trainees that caught my attention and she's damn strong.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast