Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pairing

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Pairing

Surprisingly, this thread is still alive...T^T

@shingeki
    Hey, it doesn't mean Annie is a killer you can't ship her with Eren or Armin. People still have the right to do that(even if I dislike ArminxAnnie, people still can ship them whenever they want. And I did kinda ship ErenxAnnie too...pretty much stopped now though).
    And sure you can still ship Jean with Mikasa. It doesn't have to be reciprocated at all though. Some people just like to ship one-sided ships. If people gets delusional that Mikasa would reciprocate Jean's feelings, then just don't mind them. No need to bash.

Welp, anyway, kinda have a new ship now. I'm shipping HangexMoburito(Moblit, was it? One of Hange's squad members! Yay!). Okay but that's not my main ship at all.XD

I'm converted to BertxAnnie now. (Bye guys! XD. Me don't care about proofs no more. Just trusting Reiner's delusions until it's going to be stepped on by Isayama some day. XD)

Practically, the only ship I dislike right now is...ArminxAnnie(sorry kannazuki!! T^T). Yeah, I know feels everywhere between them maybe especially Annie. But no, just no. Personally, I don't wanna ship them. Armin pretty much sold Annie out(I think I said this in the top 10 thread somewhere.) and especially that words of torture in the latest chapter!! It's like really hurting my baby Annie! *cries* (I'd be screaming like Bert too). But it doesn't mean nobody should ship them. XD. I just don't wanna see these two together at all though. XDDD
    Last edited by Yumpo; September 07, 2013 at 08:31 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shingeki View Post
    What makes you think Mikasa will look at Jean in that way
    Why are you asking me such question.
    Why don't you ask half the fandom where the fuck Irvin/Rivaille, Rivaille/Eren, Rivaille/Mikasa, Connie/Sasha, Bert/Rein, Jean/Marco etc come from.

At least my ship actually has canon basis.
    Last edited by chikkychappy; September 07, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
    Why are you asking me such question.
    Why don't you ask half the fandom where the fuck Irvin/Rivaille, Rivaille/Eren, Rivaille/Mikasa, Connie/Sasha, Bert/Rein, Jean/Marco etc come from.

At least my ship actually has canon basis.
    lol, I agree with you.
    At least Jean/Mikasa is kinda canon, since it's pretty clear that Jean has feeling for her.

And let's be honest, if Eren doesn't love Mikasa in the same way as she loves him (ie : if he loves her as a sister).
    Then, it's not impossible that she might see Jean as a potential lover.
    Even more if he continue to save her ass when she's in trouble!

PS: All of those Yaoi pairing come from nowhere and I really don't understand them.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Yumpo:
    Haha, that's okay. Actually I demoted them a level to underline status upon thinking about it further, because you reminded me that this latest chapter, Armin pissed me off. But even the "loved" ones aren't particularly important to me. (The "liked" ones contradict each other too.) ^^;

@chikkychappy:
    You'll probably have an easier time in fandom if you don't sweat it what other people ship (or what people think of your own ships)...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Shippers Shippers are on all the threads actually... Seems there is more romance in it than in the mainstream shonen, huh. You can ship anyone but I think some choices are unlikely however I won't encourage people to not ship them. So far, . the couple I can really see becoming official is Conny X Sasha, I would be really astonished if it doesn't become official but one of them will die for sure. Now let's talk about the others.

Eren: There is 2 choices, Mikasa and Annie. First, remember Eren is a ship sinker himself, actually he isn't interested in love, he is titan sexual. It's obvious why a lot of people ship Eren X Mikasa but I don't think it's likely to happen. He likes her but like a sister and knows her well while Mikasa love him for years, I don't think she could become a character that he loves now. Eren X Annie seems much more realistic to me, Mikasa and Armin apart, he is closest to Reiner(please don't tell me Eren X Reiner is popular) and her. Eren's interactions with Annie are just the best, prove me wrong. He respects her and knows her hidden face.
    Spoiler show

Mikasa: Well, its; make or break here. She loves Eren and Jean loves her. I don't she will ever make a declaration but she is incredibly jealous too. But she says she just want to stay so... Actually Mikasa just can't notice Jean. And she is closer to Armin anyway since they are childhood friends,
    Spoiler show
    Jean has a lot of work to do if he wants her. That guy is incredibly jealous too and even Sasha noticed he loves her...

Armin: Armin is clearly not interested in romance. People ship him with Eren but it'll never happen IMO. He has a close relationship with Mikasa and said he wanted to stay with his 2 friends forever too. The only time Armin really shown interest in girls was when Christa appeared. I guess it's possible then. And seriously they would be damn cute together. His relationship with Annie is good too.

Reiner: He is suspected to be gay but I don't believe it, he also loves Christa
    Spoiler show
    If he really is bi there is Reiner X Bert, Reiner X Christa could happen too. But oddly I think the most plausible choice would be
    Spoiler show

Bert:
    Spoiler show
    . And if Reiner really is bi it means he has no feelings for his best friend since he ships Bert X Annie too unless he is hiding his feelings because he wants him to be happy.

Annie: Annie doesn't seem to care about romance too. But she is closer to Eren and respect Armin.
    Spoiler show
    Actually there is mostly 4 choices for Annie, she really is popular I want Annie too! Eren X Annie, Annie X Armin, Annie X Reiner then Annie X Bert. They are the most plausible choice respectively for me.

Bert: See Reiner and Annie entry.

Jean: See Mikasa entry.

I don't think I need to talk about Conny and Sasha, I am just waiting to see them together in 4 years.

Christa: Oh Christa, you better don't die, you'll break a lot of hearts. Ymir loves her, Reiner too and she even managed to attract Jean and Armin for a while. It's said a lot of guys we don't know love her too. Ymir loves her but does she really want to be romantically involved? I don't have this impression but I could be wrong and I know Christa really likes her, maybe she has feelings for her but I think it's purely friendship. I don't think it will happen but it could. I need to see Reiner interacting more with Christa but he is the one who loves her the most actually. If she is interested in girls there is Christa X Sasha too.

Ymir: See Reiner and Christa entry.

I noticed we really need to see more Eren's interactions where he is not going berserk, he is really a sweet boy. I want to know more of his human side, I really liked his interactions with Armin in the Trost arc, he has a good interactions with Reiner and his interactions with Annie are the best ones. It's really a pleasure to see him discuss with others, Levi and Hange included.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; September 09, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

@Demonspeed I soo agree with everything, absolutely everything other than Reiner x Bert, lol. No way, right?... And Reiner ain't gonna get Christa, I'm sure a lot of characters will make sure of that coughErenYmircough, as far as we've seen anyway. Eren was like "Don't fuck around" in Reiner's face when Reiner started rambling on about Christa haha, although it probably is a coincidence he got cut off at that point, but hey. I have a feeling Bert won't live to be with Annie...

I don't think Reiner is bi or gay either. He shows no sign of those orientations. And twice we see his desire to marry Christa, and on both occasions he thinks that to himself i.e. that's his truest thoughts lol. And obviously Christa shows no romantic interest in him, nor in anyone actually... though Armin x Christa would be pretty cute haha, not that I think it would happen.

Actually, Armin's too oblivious to everything man. He misunderstands Jean's jokes twice in a row during the Female Titan arc, and he thinks Christa is a god (as opposed to Jean thinking goddess and Reiner thinking marriage.) Dunno if that means anything.

...And then suddenly it seems there's actually another surviving oriental, who goes on to make the pairing happen between Annie x Uts...

And Annie will stay alone (maybe 'cos of Bert's death) blah what am I saying?

But damn she's popular.

Ymir's totally not into Reiner. I mean I can see how they joke around during that canned herring scene at the Castle, but it's more like they're totally at each other's throat... :/ And to be honest the reason that conversation happens is mainly thanks to Ymir's rude way of talking lol, while Reiner isn't someone to back down from a 'challenge'/provocation by a worthy opponent such as Ymir.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

EDIT: Ah scrap what I just said about Reiner, I just saw Teeba's post:

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Reiner's birthday is 8/01 which is Yaoi Day. The author is such a troll.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I don't mean to intrude into the pairing discussion but, yeah, I think I will.

I think Reiner's gay. If you look at the original Japanese and take into consideration Ymir is in love with Christa...I personally can't see that dialogue being anything else but Ymir calling Reiner gay and he in turn calling her lesbian.

That being said...I don't think Reiner being gay has a lot to do with the plot, and I get frustrated with people getting concerned why it was mentioned when "it didn't need to be". I think Reiner being gay is meant to highlight that something's odd about him. In the same chapter he admits he's gay while trying to get info from Ymir (Warrior mode), but then later saves Connie from a titan and crushes on Krista(Solider mode). To me, it shows Reiner having disassociative episodes, as he's unable to stay consciously aware of who he really is.

Another thing is that Reiner is a pretty complex character, with serious mental issues. So just like his personality, his sexuality can also be complex and confusing to him. Plus he's a teenager, which makes any attraction he has to anyone to be taken with a pinch of salt. He can be gay but have a crush on a woman, he can be bisexual and not know he's bisexual, he can be one of many sexualities. But right now he's a child solider/teenage terrorist and that makes it pretty damn hard for him to want anything, really. /two cents

Er, that being said, I ship Reiner with Annie and Bertholt, but not with Christa and Ymir. Its just...too weird for me. Reiner's crush on Christa is based on what she wants to project herself to be, while I'm pretty sure Reiner wants Ymir to die but will put up with her as long as she's useful.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he is gay but I think his crush on Christa is real. When she rescued him, he said she had good natural qualities which is the reason why Horses love her. He also said she was nicest when she was with him and all. She is cute and important to them but he really loves everything about her IMO. Or maybe Big Bro Reiner is hetero and Soldier Reiner is gay...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_23.gif

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was considering that myself recently: Maybe "Warrior" Reiner is bi or gay and "Soldier" Reiner is straight. Or maybe he thought he was gay (in Warrior-mode while talking with Ymir), but he's actually bi.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why so many people suspect Reiner to be gay!??
    Can you explain where that come from?

From what I understand, Reiner has a crush on Christa...
    He's always saying "Please, marry me" and stuff like that.
    And he pretty much confirmed it when he talked about her to Ymir a few chapters ago...

EDIT:
    I posted this before reading the last few comments.
    Pretty much everything is explained, I guess.

I still don't think he's gay though...

EDIT #2

Okay, maybe he's gay after all...
    I just discovered something that Isayama did:

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Reiner's birthday is 8/01 which is Yaoi Day. The author is such a troll.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; September 09, 2013 at 09:29 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would've said, before their birthdays were release, that the scene with Ymir and Reiner was just playful talk. Nothing serious on Reiner's side(it's true on Ymir's side though). But judging from Reiner's birthday...yaoi day...but he's a bit loony already too and all that crush with Krista...sooo, right now, I'm treating him as bi. But really, the author did say he doesn't care much about this kind of stuff(you know, gender and all). So treat him what you'd like to treat him.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what Teeba says about his duality pretty much convinces me for this, it sounds very likely to be the case. Mystery solved, for me at least.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    I would've said, before their birthdays were release, that the scene with Ymir and Reiner was just playful talk. Nothing serious on Reiner's side(it's true on Ymir's side though). But judging from Reiner's birthday...yaoi day...but he's a bit loony already too and all that crush with Krista...sooo, right now, I'm treating him as bi. But really, the author did say he doesn't care much about this kind of stuff(you know, gender and all). So treat him what you'd like to treat him.
    Indeed, probably bi. But I think it'd work this way: he's hetero while in his 'soldier' persona (when he thinks about Krista) and becomes homo when he remembers he's a 'warrior'. lol. Isayama has sure put a lot of (weird) thought into Reiner's character...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Mikasa x Jean - Hopefully he scored some points with her this last chapter. I honestly hated Jean at first but now he's one of my favorite characters.

Annie x Erin - I thought it was cute how Annie seemed to open up to him a bit and insist on training him. Though I doubt this is going anywhere now that he knows she's an enemy titan.

Historia x Yimir - Probably the most interesting in my opinion but for several problems: we don't know if Historia recognizes Yimir's feelings, whether Yimir's feelings are genuine or if she just wants to use Historia to save herself (as was apparently her plan from the beginning), and whether or not Historia is or could be bisexual. More importantly, I think one of these two is going to be sacrificed to further the character development of the other. There are rarely happy endings in this manga it seems.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Mikasa x Jean - Hopefully he scored some points with her this last chapter. I honestly hated Jean at first but now he's one of my favorite characters.

Annie x Erin - I thought it was cute how Annie seemed to open up to him a bit and insist on training him. Though I doubt this is going anywhere now that he knows she's an enemy titan.

Historia x Yimir - Probably the most interesting in my opinion but for several problems: we don't know if Historia recognizes Yimir's feelings, whether Yimir's feelings are genuine or if she just wants to use Historia to save herself (as was apparently her plan from the beginning), and whether or not Historia is or could be bisexual. More importantly, I think one of these two is going to be sacrificed to further the character development of the other. There are rarely happy endings in this manga it seems.
    Not sure what you mean on the last comment there. They can both be bisexual or one or the other bi, and the other a lesbian, or whatever. They don't both have to be lesbians to be paired exclusively with one another. Doesn't really matter. Also, Ymir's feelings for Historia are confirmed as canon both in official websites and, well, in canon. Remember chapters 46-47 when Ymir was just talking to Reiner. And this page in particular (46):
    Spoiler show
    Like Connie said, Ymir only gets serious when it comes to saving Historia. The only thing is we don't know how Historia feels in return, as you already mentioned. But we do know that Historia is committed to standing by her, which puts them on pretty good ground, at least as compared to other pairings in the series.
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast