Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108

Thread: Favorite Pairing

  1. #31
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Mikasa x Jean - Hopefully he scored some points with her this last chapter. I honestly hated Jean at first but now he's one of my favorite characters.
    No way Jean got points with Mikasa. Isayama's editor was right, Eren needs to die, Armin too. And then he could have a chance or Mikasa needs to be in a situation where she would have to abandon Eren. He would have to kick her ass(lol), burns her scarf and say that Mikasa's attention to Eren is disgusting. He is too honest so a situation like that could happen. Actually even the plot is against that couple. Mikasa is too strong, Armin is the only one who has been able to stop her so far and it's because they are very close. It's hardly possible to see Eren being in a situation where nobody would want to save him because he is too important. I don't even want to think about a situation like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Historia x Yimir - Probably the most interesting in my opinion but for several problems: we don't know if Historia recognizes Yimir's feelings, whether Yimir's feelings are genuine or if she just wants to use Historia to save herself (as was apparently her plan from the beginning), and whether or not Historia is or could be bisexual. More importantly, I think one of these two is going to be sacrificed to further the character development of the other. There are rarely happy endings in this manga it seems.
    I was reading some chapters again and I found that panel lol.
    Spoiler show


    I should have realized Ymir loved him sooner. I know I said Ymir X Christa could happen but now I am sure it will be one-sided. Christa is too nice, she helps her not because she loves her but because it's her friend, her best friend. And even in that situation Ymir lied to her since she is the one who forced the 2 others to intervene immediately. She is like Eren and Armin IMO. I am pretty sure Reiner or Ymir(probably her) will die at the end of this arc anyway so we'll see.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  2. #32
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Not sure what you mean on the last comment there. They can both be bisexual or one or the other bi, and the other a lesbian, or whatever. They don't both have to be lesbians to be paired exclusively with one another. Doesn't really matter. Also, Ymir's feelings for Historia are confirmed as canon both in official websites and, well, in canon. Remember chapters 46-47 when Ymir was just talking to Reiner. And this page in particular (46):
    Basically what I meant was that if Krista is straight then this pairing isn't going anywhere. As for Yimir's feelings they are confirmed but has she really moved along far enough in her character development to be able to sacrifice herself for Krista if need be? I'm not so sure honestly, Yimir still comes across as shady to me, especially how manipulative she was in convincing Krista to go along with R&B, she may even have been outright lying. I'm sure Yimir will develop as a character, that seems to be the entire point of her relationship with Krista, but I'm just not too sure she's at that level yet.

    Quote Quote:
    Like Connie said, Ymir only gets serious when it comes to saving Historia. The only thing is we don't know how Historia feels in return, as you already mentioned. But we do know that Historia is committed to standing by her, which puts them on pretty good ground, at least as compared to other pairings in the series.
    Could be, but Krista's statement that she'll always be on Yimir's side was due to Yimir being manipulative and not telling her the whole story. The whole "R&B are going to kill me if you don't come along" could be a lie and at this point I kind of think it was. But would Krista really go along with Yimir if she joined in on R&B's genocidal tendencies? Given Krista's underlying psychological issues and tendency to think one thing but do something completely different (like when she wanted to save Dazz but her actions would have gotten him killed) maybe she would find a way to rationalize such a choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed
    No way Jean got points with Mikasa. Isayama's editor was right, Eren needs to die, Armin too. And then he could have a chance or Mikasa needs to be in a situation where she would have to abandon Eren. He would have to kick her ass(lol), burns her scarf and say that Mikasa's attention to Eren is disgusting. He is too honest so a situation like that could happen. Actually even the plot is against that couple. Mikasa is too strong, Armin is the only one who has been able to stop her so far and it's because they are very close. It's hardly possible to see Eren being in a situation where nobody would want to save him because he is too important. I don't even want to think about a situation like that.
    I honestly hope you're wrong because Mikasa more so than ANY other character desperately needs some character development. I love Mikasa and all but she's just so one dimensional. I really hope she starts to develop feelings for Jean at some point just to spice things up a bit. Not once has she ever deviated from her obsession with Erin. Well, when she thought he had died she did realize that she had a responsibility to the other soldiers not just him but that was just Isayama trolling us because that "character development" went straight to hell once she found out Erin was still alive lol.


    Quote Quote:
    I should have realized Ymir loved him sooner. I know I said Ymir X Christa could happen but now I am sure it will be one-sided. Christa is too nice, she helps her not because she loves her but because it's her friend, her best friend. And even in that situation Ymir lied to her since she is the one who forced the 2 others to intervene immediately. She is like Eren and Armin IMO. I am pretty sure Reiner or Ymir(probably her) will die at the end of this arc anyway so we'll see.
    I think Yimir's motivation overall is very hard to pin down. Like you said she probably did lie to Krista to get her to come along with R&B and she was being manipulative. She obviously cares for Krista but I think it will be awhile before we find out what really makes Yimir tick, she's still very mysterious and still a little shady I think.
    Last edited by Sigma; September 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Basically what I meant was that if Krista is straight then this pairing isn't going anywhere. As for Yimir's feelings they are confirmed but has she really moved along far enough in her character development to be able to sacrifice herself for Krista if need be? I'm not so sure honestly, Yimir still comes across as shady to me, especially how manipulative she was in convincing Krista to go along with R&B, she may even have been outright lying. I'm sure Yimir will develop as a character, that seems to be the entire point of her relationship with Krista, but I'm just not too sure she's at that level yet.
    OK, but you said bi, not straight. Typo I guess?

    Quote Quote:
    Could be, but Krista's statement that she'll always be on Yimir's side was due to Yimir being manipulative and not telling her the whole story. The whole "R&B are going to kill me if you don't come along" could be a lie and at this point I kind of think it was. But would Krista really go along with Yimir if she joined in on R&B's genocidal tendencies? Given Krista's underlying psychological issues and tendency to think one thing but do something completely different (like when she wanted to save Dazz but her actions would have gotten him killed) maybe she would find a way to rationalize such a choice.
    I think you misunderstand the nature of Ymir's lie, and the nature of Historia's own deceptions. Historia was never trying to save Dazz' life. She doesn't have the same kind of psychological confusion that Reiner occasionally has. Back during training, she deemed Dazz a lost cause and told Ymir to go on ahead because she intended to die with him. Honestly, she didn't care if the guy could really be saved, as long as she could get the "heroic" death she wanted. That's part of why Historia's lies are so dangerous (both for herself and others). Ymir's lie was totally different-- it was a lie meant to save Historia's life. Again, that was the whole point Connie was getting at-- that Historia shouldn't believe that Ymir was trying to save her own life; because she feels Historia's life is more important. Just like Reiner says here (ch 47):
    Spoiler show
    . "She met someone she considered more important. Enough to go flying into a swarm of titans for her sake."

    As for that lie of Ymir's, she skewed things to look like she herself was in danger (Reiner and Bert will kill me) because she's trying to save Historia's life. Historia doesn't want to save her own life; she wants to keep up her façade of being the "good girl" who does good things for everybody, so everyone will love that false self she creates. She has never lived for herself either, but for that false image of herself and Ymir's "wish" (stated before she became a titan for the first time and dived off the tower at Utgard to fight other titans purely for Historia's sake) has been for Historia to "live with her head held high" (chapter 40). Because by pretending to be someone she's not, Historia is hurting herself (sometimes even others too).

    Quote Quote:
    I think Yimir's motivation overall is very hard to pin down. Like you said she probably did lie to Krista to get her to come along with R&B and she was being manipulative. She obviously cares for Krista but I think it will be awhile before we find out what really makes Yimir tick, she's still very mysterious and still a little shady I think.
    She's mysterious and maybe shady, but the one thing we *do* know about her is that she cares deeply for Historia (chapter 40 is probably the best proof of that but 46-49 are good too). If she does anything even vaguely manipulative to her it's only to save her life. Literally only that. Because even in chapter 40 when she thought she was going to die, Ymir said she had no right to tell Historia how to live her life, so she wanted her to *consider* her wish. She also had private thoughts to herself in that chapter about how she understands what Historia is going through. Again, I don't know what Historia feels for her in return, or if Historia is straight/gay/bi, but there is no question of good intentions on Ymir's part. I also have faith in Historia that she will consider what Connie said and maybe she'll be a little mad (like at times when she tells Ymir not to be rude to others), but she's still going to be on her side. I think it will be Historia who convinces Ymir to spill the beans about everything she knows to do with the "real enemy," the impending disaster coming to people within the walls, and so on.
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 11, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

  5. #34
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Counterpuncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Libya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Commander Pixis and titan Annie

  6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    I got a heartattack after watching this week's episode of the anime where the translation makes it seem as if Levi and Petra were engaged. Then I went and read that scene in the manga and realized it's all Petra's father's idea xD
    That being said I don't see much romance in the series apart from Christa x Ymir. I think Jean has a crush on Mikasa, who has a crush on Eren. And that Bert has a thing for Annie, but that's canon And let's not forget about Reiner's one-sided feelings for Christa... I'm afraid that apart from Christa/Ymir everybody is doomed to have their hearts broken xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Counterpuncher View Post
    Commander Pixis and titan Annie
    Oh my, he did say he wants to be eaten by a beauty.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #36
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Annie x Mikasa.
    But it will never happen, obviously.

  10. #37
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Welcome, kristenow.

    I bet there's a lot of Annie/Mikasa fanart and fanfiction out there. People love "rival" pairings, after all.

  11. #38
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Welcome, kristenow.

    I bet there's a lot of Annie/Mikasa fanart and fanfiction out there. People love "rival" pairings, after all.
    Sadly, there isn't much, or at least not much I could find.
    If you get direct me to some nice fanfiction in a private message, that would make me very happy.
    Thank your welcoming.

  12. #39
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    I peeked on pixiv just now, and the アニミカ (AnnieMika) tag didn't have much there, but ミカアニ (MikaAnnie) had plenty. There must be more on Deviant Art as well. AO3 has 18 fanworks listing them as a pair (one focusing on them alone had 104 kudos!) ...and meanwhile I don't know what FFn is doing with character searches these days. :')

  13. #40
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chrisw521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Me and my friends discussed the best pairings we could come up with the show ( in which we argued over who eren was with) but I personally really love ErenXMikasa, I mean c'mon she cries over him all the time and stuff. I also ship Levi and Hanji and then Jean and Marco...and since we couldn't come up with anything for the other ones we thought it would just be Sasha and food as Armin is with books then connie and the others are just alone, haha.

  14. #41
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Shippers rejoice!

    http://snkshipsorter.tumblr.com/

    my results:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 27, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

  15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #42
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Interesting, it's random but has a degree of accuracy. At least my favorites are tied in the top.

    EDIT: I took kannazuki's advice and did it again, now I'm happy with my results

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by mikasaaa; September 28, 2013 at 07:56 AM.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #43
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    I really like the bond between Ymir/Historia (Krista) whether they actually get together or not. Actually I like how Isayama writes female relationships in general.

    I also ship Eren/Mikasa and Eren/Annie where Mikasa is the sugar and Annie is the spice.

  19. #44
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,065
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    @mikasaaa: These sorters work best if you avoid "I like both" and "no opinion" as much as possible. So ask-ymir got to add some of her favourite pairings I see. Glad I did mine before those got added in there...

    @Asarii: *nods* Maybe it's just me but it feels so rare that we get to see female characters bond in such a deeply meaningful way.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Favorite Pairing

    Oooh! I tried it:
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts