Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pairing

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Pairing

Fictional characters get paired for all sorts of reasons. Some for plausibility, some for character dynamics, some folks out there just pair people they think "look" good together, and on it goes. To each, their own. There's not often anything in canon to say a given character isn't bi, or otherwise able to be interested either the same or another gender, either. In other words, yes, Jean is attracted to Mikasa. Doesn't mean he can't ever be interested in a guy.

Chapter 50-51 (esp. 50) have bolstered my faith that Historia is pretty darn devoted to Ymir, but we still have to see where that goes I guess...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there's a difference between "pairing" and "yaoi", but often those two get mixed together.
    It's like, whenever a guy befriends any guy, it's default yaoi-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by BobobVanBlob View Post
    .. (or Hitch and I would die with a maniacal laugh just for this ship).
    I actually would like to see these two meet, just to see Jean's reaction.
    Last edited by nesean; November 18, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, in two weeks it's Jearmin week on tumblr :

Source

And Jean already left his faith in humanity on Connie's shirt, so he may leave his heterosexuality on Mikasa's scarf...
    In the end, shipping is more of a funny thing to do when you are bored or tired because you always end up with funny situations/results.

Things like Mikasha fanarts ends up to be really cute most of the time, it's like ice cream you have the cold side and the sweet side.

AND NOW TO YMORIA or HIMIR, do we even know how they consider gay/bi/lesbian/trans in the walls, because Ymir once said that they should get married after the operation in Trost... And well, I'm pretty damn curious on how a society living in a closed space with a victorian-something way of life react to this kind of social problems (like marriage, we don't even know how this works in there, the closest person to get married there, suddenly started to do some yoga against a tree so we don't even know how it looks/is organized).

Disclaimer : In no way this post is intended to be offensive, if something is wrong or disrespectful, just tell me, I'll try to correct it. (I don't want to start a flame war just because of a mistake in my vocabulary, so I apologize in advance)

Edit to do some shipping once and for all :

Jean & Hitch (and I really would love this one)

Science & Zoe

Sasha X Potato Springer or Mikasha or Sa/sha/muel (yup we forget a bit too much this poor dude)

Eren X Mikasa or Eren X chill pills

Armin can go with whoever he wants, it will always be a beautiful couple with him in it.
    (and I'm serious, all the fanarts shipping Armin are always funny or cute so I approve all of them, here you go little buddy the key to a harem with everyone in it)

Petra X Yoga X Rivaille/Levi

Marco still needs to find his other half...

Auruo X a haircut

Hismir (Ymoria)

if not possible for Ymir : It's okay if she gets one of the teen titans...

Bertie : just go with one of the teen titans... OR WHY NOT BOTH ?

well in fact I'm okay with almost all the ships...

The only one I don't want is JeanKasa Kirschkermann.
    Last edited by BobobVanBlob; November 18, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, in two weeks it's Jearmin week on tumblr :

Source
    I'm not a fan of Jean/Armin but I can see why they ship it (Armin's been getting awfully chummy with Jean in canon and especially the anime ever since he called him "creepy" for clinging to Eren all the time)...

Quote Quote:
    And Jean already left his faith in humanity on Connie's shirt, so he may leave his heterosexuality on Mikasa's scarf...
    In the end, shipping is more of a funny thing to do when you are bored or tired because you always end up with funny situations/results.
    Hahaha, no kidding. Shipping is harmless fun for most people. The key is not to concern oneself with what others ship (and preferably not to judge either, lest ye be judged in return). I say all this and yet I have only the one OTP... which is not even from this series.

BobobVanBlob, fyi most people call Ymir/Historia "yumikuri" despite Historia's name change, but feel free to call it whatever you want. ^_^

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    I'm not a fan of Jean/Armin but I can see why they ship it (Armin's been getting awfully chummy with Jean in canon and especially the anime ever since he called him "creepy" for clinging to Eren all the time)...
    Armin's way of getting back at Jean. He also seems to taken a liking of using the "face of thug" term..
    But then that happened after ep16/ch18, I say Armin and Jean are the Marco's "replacement" to each other.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

iirc, when Jean called Armin "kimochi warui na yatsu," Armin's response (among other things he said) was "hidoi," which is basically "That's mean." Just by saying that, he would have signaled that he doesn't think badly of Jean, and maybe Jean thought better of him from then on (for not just automatically siding with Eren and "hating" him). Actually, I think the fact Armin was able to befriend him is part of why Jean's gotten nicer toward Eren too.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Highgarden
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with shipping are the people who take it seriously. And the fujoshi. That's why I normally stay far, far away from shippers, but the people on this forum seem to be very different from your standard shipper- in a very pleasant way So relaxed...! It's nice.

That said, I don't really think I ship anyone in SnK... ._. I can't contribute...!

Maybe should ship TreexPetra ._. (.... too soon?)

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I always interpreted it as : "The fact that you always relied on Eren, that's what I found gross, while you are a capable guy on his own, Marry me, you cute little thing..." (implied of course)
    Not the fact that it was Eren but the fact that he relied on someone...

And I never realized that they each find half of Marco in the other...
    Jean finds the "understanding" part of Marco, and Armin finds the "caring for the other" part of Marco...

That's a pretty valuable duo for the "Scooting Legion"...

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Maybe should ship TreexPetra ._. (.... too soon?)
    PetraXWiiFitTrainer (Yoga, yay)
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Highgarden
    Post Thanks / Like

And I never realized that they each find half of Marco in the other...
    Jean finds the "understanding" part of Marco, and Armin finds the "caring for the other" part of Marco..
    I totally misread that, thinking you meant "finding half of Marco" literally.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I don't know that Marco's best described in "halves," but if I had to do it that way, I'd say his halves are "competent, responsible soldier," and "very good friend." The first is obvious, but by "good friend," I don't mean that he's close but that in addition to being supportive, he speaks the hard truth when necessary. Armin's that good friend, and Jean is the responsible soldier. In canon it looked more to me like Marco could have liked Jean as more than a friend than that Armin ever would like him that way though.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    I totally misread that, thinking you meant "finding half of Marco" literally.
    I thought that was an intentional pun.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    ... Armin's that good friend, and Jean is the responsible soldier. In canon it looked more to me like Marco could have liked Jean as more than a friend than that Armin ever would like him that way though.
    I never get how Marco and Jean became friends. Both wanting to join the MP isn't exactly a valid reason.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

They probably had a few passing conversations when they first got into the 104th and it went from there. Marco's an easy guy to get along with.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Arkevil's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to go with ErenxAnnie as my favorite pairing mainly due to chapter 44: Punch, Throw, Lock.

AnniexMikasa is second because holy hotness.

JeanxMikasa is third.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Barracuda's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Ymir x Historia. It's a darker relationship than some people seem to think, and they're both good and bad for each other... it's complex and twisted. I like that they call each other out on their flaws especially. I'm pretty convinced it's mutual too after the latest chapters. I really can't see either of them wanting anyone else but each other to be honest, and I would think that even if I didn't like the pairing.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: For the Ymir/Historia fans show

23. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast