Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: The Monkey or The Bear

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy

12 57.14%
  • "The Tyrant" Bartholomew Kuma

9 42.86%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luffy vs. Kuma (Rematch)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy vs. Kuma (Rematch)

Luffy is of course Post-Timeskip

Kuma is fully himself but he is going for the kill, if he sends Luffy "on vaction" it'll be to the bottom of the ocean

---Luffy fully remembers the Details of their last battle--- He's ready to prove himself
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy vs. Kuma (Rematch)

This match is hard to decide since Luffy and Kuma are around the same level. Ultimately stamina will be the deciding factor and there is still no proof that Luffy can endure long-term usage of the Gears without wearing himself out. Kuma, on the other hand, is agile and has great defenses. He only needs to wait Luffy out until the Gears take their toll on him. Then Kuma sends Luffy on a three-day trip into the ocean.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it´s really hard to decide since we haven´t seen Luffy´s full power at all. I´m sure he has way more tricks up his sleeve than what we´ve seen so far. Also, we haven´t really witnessed Kuma´s full power either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

here's how i see it...

Luffy and Kuma are capable of a 1HKO in this battle.... at the same time they also seem like the fighters who can go the distance...

It seems that if Luffy is able to dodge Kuma's initial assault then he will without a doubt crush him within his first couple of blows
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, the recent Tobi vs. Minato battle in Naruto popped in my mind with the slow motion scene where Kuma (as Tobi) instantly reaches out to paw Luffy away and Luffy (as Minato) uses Gear 2nd soru to get behind/above Kuma to use a Jet Hammer leading to a similar ending as the last encounter with PX after the time skip.

I might be overestimating Luffy, but if Kuma still has his mind, Luffy should be able to read his next move with Color of Observation just like the priests did in Skypea meaning Kuma will not be able to grab Luffy at all unless Luffy does something stupid like picking his nose and not paying attention (which isn't actually out of character for him). At the same time, Kuma hasn't shown any ability in using Haki at all as far as I remember.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuma would win. He is capable of one-hit-koing everyone by just touching them. Luffy has got some range, but he is still a melee fighter. Melees can't beat Kuma. Not getting hit by him at least once is impossible, since he can teleport.

Kuma was probably the Revolutionaries strongest member (besides Dragon), as he was chosen for a mission extremely dangerous.
    That's why turning him into a brainless weapon was necessary in order to give him a weakness, plot-wise.

Against brainless Kuma, Luffy could win. Depends on how fast his AI can react.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a though one. But I will go with Kuma at this moment. But I believe I will change my opinion if we see Luffy all serious.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So, going by the OP, Kuma doesn't start going after his nakama again, and he still is in the PX-0 prototype configuration. Then I'll go with Luffy this time. Kenbunshoku/CoO was enough to evade the production type PX-5s laser and Busoushoku/CoA enough to OKHO it...

PX-0/Kuma sure is stronger due to being concious and since he has that sort of DF ability. But I think Luffy might manage to punch his way through with Busoushoku/CoA.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

power-wise they are most probably equal but what about kuma's teleportation tech ? if he sends luffy to the sea ,its curtains for him

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GiantAlienHamster's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    power-wise they are most probably equal but what about kuma's teleportation tech ? if he sends luffy to the sea ,its curtains for him
    You can probably block that teleportation technique by using coa-haki. Just like the admirals were able to block WB's shockwave and just like it was said that a strong haki-user could counter Law's room-abilities.

Otherwise Kuma would be pretty much invincible.
    Some completely random predictions
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy can probably land hits on Kuma the way he is, but still he can't stop him from teleporting tho, which is a huge advantage, besides we haven't see anything at all about Kuma, he was basically toying the few times we saw him fight, so who knows how far he did developp his DF powers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

power-wise they are most probably equal but what about kuma's teleportation tech ?
    Since it's not teleportation but tossing himself from air/tossing air from him, Luffy should be able to anticipate Kuma's movements through Kenbunshoku/CoO.

if he sends luffy to the sea ,its curtains for him
    There's nothing pointing towards that Kuma would know such a target if he charges on a specific target (while not simply deflecting a hit) in the manga. This is like starting speculation on Smoker's ability to turn himself into smoke, enter the opponent's nose and mouth and then instant kill him (same with Caesar and his gas logia).

The question is whether or not Kuma is still able to deflect Luffy's CoA punches especially those enhanced through Gear 2 and 3. And here I'd even say that Luffy would break Kuma's paws.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Since it's not teleportation but tossing himself from air/tossing air from him, Luffy should be able to anticipate Kuma's movements through Kenbunshoku/CoO.

There's nothing pointing towards that Kuma would know such a target if he charges on a specific target (while not simply deflecting a hit) in the manga. This is like starting speculation on Smoker's ability to turn himself into smoke, enter the opponent's nose and mouth and then instant kill him (same with Caesar and his gas logia).

The question is whether or not Kuma is still able to deflect Luffy's CoA punches especially those enhanced through Gear 2 and 3. And here I'd even say that Luffy would break Kuma's paws.
    i understand your point about luffy anticipating kuma's movements and avoiding contact but i dont really understand what you mean in the second part . he sent all strawhats to locations where they could power up , it was not random but intentional ,target locations were in kuma's control without a doubt and all it took was a hand poke
    and i dont think there is anything to speculate about your example with smoker . its completely possible but unlikely to happen

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Now after a timeskip Luffy might have a chance, but still I would give 65% for Kuma's victory due to his broader experience and better DF usage. Also his DF is just broken. Hence Kuma is one of the worst oponents practically for anyone in this manga. And his body is damn tough.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still with Kuma. His abilities are pretty much hax.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast