Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The Monkey or The Bear

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy

12 57.14%
  • "The Tyrant" Bartholomew Kuma

9 42.86%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Luffy vs. Kuma (Rematch)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy vs. Kuma (Rematch)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Now after a timeskip Luffy might have a chance, but still I would give 65% for Kuma's victory due to his broader experience and better DF usage. Also his DF is just broken. Hence Kuma is one of the worst oponents practically for anyone in this manga. And his body is damn tough.
    Well, unless kuma's body was upgraded I doubt it would mean anything to luffy. We already saw luffy deal with a pacifista which is presumable of the same material as kuma. I think at the moment the fight would be just about a tie though. Luffy does need to be dead serious in this fight, he needs to step up his game.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GiantAlienHamster View Post
    You can probably block that teleportation technique by using coa-haki. Just like the admirals were able to block WB's shockwave and just like it was said that a strong haki-user could counter Law's room-abilities.
    Nah, CoA can't negate the DF, only make the user capable of grasping a logia. It can't steal the ability as we were informed by Robin in this/last week's chapter. What the admirals did was shield themself from the force of the wind, which was only a byproduct of WB's ability usage.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Nah, CoA can't negate the DF, only make the user capable of grasping a logia. It can't steal the ability as we were informed by Robin in this/last week's chapter. What the admirals did was shield themself from the force of the wind, which was only a byproduct of WB's ability usage.
    CoA can also help you withstand the effects of Devil Fruits... As said by Smoker when he told Tashigi her Haki wasn't good enough to withstand Law...

But I think if Luffy and Kuma fought it has the potential of surpassing Luffy vs. Lucci...

I would think they would utterly destroy the island that they are battling on....

Imagine if Luffy could use his CoA empowered Fuusen to knock back the Tsuppari Pad Ho at twice the force... and then it hit's the epicenter of the battlegrounds and shatters it like an atomic explosion... We'd get to see Luffy go out for a change since the timeskip started...

And the Nikyu Nikyu can still be effective even Luffy can't counter... it still allows Kuma to move at light speed... we will finally see just good the combination of CoO based reaction and two years of training in speed and power do in a speed blitzing situation...

Lightspeed Level Battle > Soru Level Battle :FACT
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You can defend[harden] yourself from the ability, but that's not the same as negating. The person is still hit, but wasn't damaged by whatever it was. CoA attacks can ignore the DF users corporal properaties though.[Luffy was hurt on Amazon Lilly] That's how I imagine it to be at least.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 18, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

CoA can by used to bypass devil fruit intangibility, be it logia or whatever. It can be also used to imbue ur weapon, including ur own body. Lastly CoA can be also used to create a force shield, however I believe that shield can be only used against opponents whose haki are vastly inferior.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem of this match is that Kuma has basically a 1HKO. Probably he needs a clean hit on Luffy to launch him into the middle of ocean, but even a touch can deal huge damage and the gomugomu fruit won't help much reducing the impact. Also, teleport hax for both attack and defense. To win this, Luffy needs to predict teleport and land a ridiculously strong attack... he still isn't strong enough to do it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2