Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 149 Discussion/150 Prediction

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 149 Discussion/150 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 149 Discussion/150 Prediction

lol, the "trick" was so obvious that i couldn't imagine it really be the solution. kinda boring

on the other hand i didn't imagine akiyama playing along harimoto's ruse and using it for his own advantage against him. akiyama is just tooo awesome for me to predict him in any way.

so how will harimoto talk himself out of the situation: by telling the truth? (nah...) or going along and still manage to surprise everyone (even akiyama, though i have no idea how he would prepare his new plan and tell his subordinates that fast)?
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, this chapter was so funny!
    I laughed hard at the end!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact they moved seemed like it would've been easy to notice them, I figured they would just stand in the same place and make the bidding lol. Though I to was amused with how he basically used it against him, oh no his spirit is to overwhelming, let's lock him in the bathroom!

Though as mentioned the solution really was easy, I think the author is taking the audiences intelligence for granted in this case with how the whole chapter was basically spent saying "This is a trick where one person acts as a decoy so the other person can do something without being noticed." Then again what does make it funny is how that one masked judge can even be in the group when he couldn't even decipher such an easy concept, he seemed so dumbfounded by the idea that a person was drawing attention so that another could make a move.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Akiyama just hit Harimotmo with two blows, I mean everyone expected, even Harimoto he would go into the explanation of the tricks that Hrimoto used, but Akiyama wants to bear Harimoto bad it seems, but we can expect a bit of comeback from Harimoto in my opinion. It is debatable if Akiyama played this well, meaning just the explanation or this new twist was the right move. Still in both ways Harimoto would not have sat with his hands tied.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, they use Kimura's statement as an important plot point. Which is a problem as I mentioned in the chapter it was first present.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Thoughts on the chapter:
    This is where having a cast of characters that is the same for 2-3 games in a row causes problems.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would believe Kimura because Nao's character is known and people know they were competing in the last game. Hell, even if they hadn't competed for games in a row, it would be pretty obvious what was going on simply by looking at their facial expressions or stopping to think about why Kimura would reveal that information.
    Then it is followed up with employing the most basic tactic of slight of hand: pay attention to what I'm saying, not what I'm doing with my hands. (i.e. draw attention away from where the "trick" is being performed)

If this was the best that the author could come up with, they should never have revived Liar Game. Akiyama turning the tables on the "trick" was interesting, but I cannot suspend my disbelief that people who managed to get through so many games would fall for those two things.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I cannot suspend my disbelief that people who managed to get through so many games would fall for those two things.
    I do agree with you on this.

Technically, at that level, there should be a lot of manipulative people, not only Akiyama and Harimoto.
    All of those people managed to get there by using tricks, so they shouldn't be so gullible...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so my surprise at how utterly dumb the mangaka seems to portray the rest of the players, which in this kind of manga are the fodder, was shared? Quite frankly the stupidity is followed by greed and some twisted sense of self, which basically gets these fodder characters trapped, they often betray everyone for themselves, while Akiyama, Harimoto and even Yokoya always find some back up in the little team they have or make. They really just depend on the groups for a while and then shift to only themselves when they are influenced by greed and the desire to win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Supposing they keep Harimoto locked in the bathroom the rest of the game, the only item of interest to me in this game is how Akiyama gets Nao to bid on the set of cards that Harimoto was supposed to bid on for his minion. Once she gets a set of cards, she is guaranteed to advance to the main round (only the last place person doesn't advance and that is by definition whoever does not end up with a valid hand), so I'm not sure what drama there would be left.

Players will angle to end up in first, but as neither Nao or Akiyama are in it for the money, that won't be interesting to the reader. I suppose Akiyama could attempt to eliminate Harimoto who likely has to play more aggressively and win to save face in front of his followers, but I'm not sure how practical that is simply due to the rules of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Akiyama gets Nao a set of cards, someone notes the folly of discarding cards, then the perspective switch to the other group.

The other battle has the potential to be interesting. The current one does not once Nao gets a set of cards.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

even if nao never gets any of the lots, she can still gain cards in the change session. not having a starting lot means she'll have to bid on more than one set of 'discards' which is more costly to her but it could at least not put her in last place if she can get a good hand from that.
    Quidquid latet apparebit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She can, but if her intent was to bow out and let everyone else go on, then by bidding on discarded cards, she would be denying people the ability to get a full set of cards and thus doom them to losing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

Not necessarily. Bidding on the discards would only mean that there will be someone who can't get a good hand. But the other players, minus the person who won't get a lot due to harimoto gaining more than one lot will at least have a high card or pair. The loser is only whoever has the worst hand at the end and nao while not malicious in her intents won't just lose without a fight. Nao did say that in the change session that they can all duke it out however they want, but by not bidding on a lot, she is merely making a handicap against herself.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is something I find strange... isn't it kinda weird that akiyama and the girl could so easily type without being noticed? That kinda seems like something which can be pulled off solely because this is a manga. I really can't imagine no one noticing someone is working the tablet in a real life situation lol. The whole thing was brilliant however I still think it was somewhat poorly executed by the author considering it is plain stupid that people would so easily believe haritomo has magic rather than immediately keep their eyes on everyone around him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a total of 52 cards in 10 lots with 11 players.
    For a player to have their hand ranked, it must contain at least 5 cards.

If Nao gets more than 2 cards, then someone will automatically be unable to have the necessary 5-card hand.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

oh yeah, forgot it's automatic 'pig' if you don't have at least 5 cards. i still stand by nao betting during the change session. her real goal is to beat LGT, but she will try to help as many people as she can along the way. she purposed the lot bidding method so as to keep LGT from gaining too much money. if she wins, then she is free to giveaway her winnings to get the loser out of debt anyways. at the least, with her winning, she'll definitely help out someone in the end where as the other players not so much because they are more selfish (i'm not including akiyama but he may choose to hang onto the money for future uses).

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast