Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 84 Discussion/85 Predictions

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tower of God Chapter 84 Discussion/85 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by phio_chan; February 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ekinox's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 83 Discussion/84 Predictions

Season 2 chapter 4 raw
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...85&weekday=mon

Spoiler show

Baam is very injured for just one pokeball
    And what is the red thing at the end? his soul?

anymay,
    timeskip: next sunday ---> reaction

ps: if long hair man is not Baam I would be so disapointed T.T

edit: From LaFa batoto's member
    Spoiler show

S.I.U. says that next chapter will be the real beginning of the story with more characters being introduced.
    He also states that there is homage to old shounen mangas in the first chapters of the 2nd part.
    As for the genre, he says that it'll differ from episode to episode(shounen, political, shoujo, etc..).

edit²:

Fast tanslation
    http://imgur.com/a/KVKuj
    enjoy
    (not from me)

The test will end soon, it's weird cause the prince say "skeleton" before long hair man get in that forme...
    I want MOAR
    Last edited by ekinox; February 26, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic169996_2.gif

3. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 84 Discussion/85 Predictions

Well, obviously it is time to theorize as to how the supposedly "weak" poke/shinsoo ball hurt Long Hair, and what exactly was the Red Skeleton seen emanating from the back of Long Hair's body as he was hunched over.

It certainly appears that all 6 of these characters will move on to the next round of this 20th floor's test. We have seen good fighting abilities from Long Hair, and two others, and of course we have the Prince who as of now appears the poster child. The 2 females need some exposition and build up for sure.

And it's only too obvious we will meet more characters since this group could easily join together with other groups who succeed in passing the first round of this floor's test, or we could just follow one or two of these individuals and get introduced to the characters they meet along the way as they continue their ascent up the floors.

It will be interesting to see how the other 5 characters from this group interact with Long Hair since they are all frightened of him, harbor grudges for him injuring them, and Long Hair isn't the most extroverted individual and really doesn't seem like the person to open up and hold conversations with others.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

I first thought that the second type (the weak type of poke ball) was actually a physical type of damage versus shinsoo. To me this makes since, because the Baam like charcter could block any type of shinsoo but seems to not be as adapt to blocking physical attacks. This was shown with the large guy grabbing his fist versus being able to block any shinsoo attack. The red thing I personally have no clue but it might be some type of defense since the prince has no clue what is going on when it comes out.

I loved this chapter it really showed the agility of the Baam charcter. The attack he did on the shinsoo user (with the ball of shinshoo) attack was impressive as along with attacking the larger melee guy after his hand had been captured.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some thoughts, but the weaker ball like you said could be physical damage instead of shinsoo, but at the same time the argument against that is that being in the tower for 5 years and receiving some training should have hardened his body and made it more super human. But someone not defending or prepared for an attack is always susceptible for damage.

The Red Skeleton thing could be something controlling Long Hair, like a parasite, some shinsoo implanted in him to control him. Who knows really. Generally speaking if Long Hair is Baam we have never seen Baam use anything but a blue-ish hue shinsoo nor have we seen anything from Long Hair other than a blue-ish hue shinsoo. So I feel red shinsoo has to come from some exterior source.

After all, this could all be a big bluff by Long Hair to intimidate everyone and somehow get wounded by the Prince to make the Prince look more impressive. Long Hair is dishing out some impressive attacks but the Silver Hair and Big Guy keep getting up not really all that injured. I think there is more to this round than meets the eye, as in Long Hair has some plan and ulterior motives, but for Long Hair to be doing all of this just to help the Prince not only pass the test but form a team to ascend the floors is kind of a stretch. There are plenty of scenarios for why Long Hair could be not destroying these people and why the Prince seemed to damage him, only time will tell.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's pretty safe that the guy is Baam now @___@ anyway, I believe that the long haired guy is somehow weak to the Prince's weapon, which normally isn't that effective. The Prince himself seemed to be surprised about the damage his Pokeball (? XD) caused so I doubt its that effective in a regular case.

He pretty much owned the rest though, so I'm looking forward to more awesomeness

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm don't know what to say . I just can't believe that guy is Baam attacking like that without a 2nd thought (though i gotta admit he's damn strong and i wish to see him kick Rachel's ass like that ). He seems like a possessed person to me and that strange thing that appeared at the end of the chapter kinda reminds me of the Kyuubi's seal put on Naruto . I think that's some sort of seal . It may sound strange but that's the 1st impression that thing is giving me

And those pokeballs that contains shinsoo seem to affect Baam . As for why those weak pokeballs worked better than the strong ones , actually i think it all results in the quantity used till then on Baam . Maybe he reached his limit then , it doesn't particularly mean those weak ones were the key IMO .

P.s I'm starting to like the prince more and more. Yeah he is weak but i don't know, he just kinda sticks to me Loved the way he was running and screaming for his life lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

this kinda reminds me of the crown games where shinsoo attacked on its own when bam got knocked out, but just much stronger. That time there was no colour, just a instant cut, this time cos bams stronger its materialising, thats what i think.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zephyr's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Just... wow.

Pretty awesome chap.

I read all above speech, btw that Red Skeleton reminds me of a certain tecnique called "Susanoo"...

P.S. Pokeball O_o wth!!!

Aim To The Top, No Matter How.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an interesting thought whether it is a natural occurring defensive shinsoo. The idea of it being a parasite is also interesting. It seemed weird to me because at first it was blood on the ground and the blood then became a skeleton. It also appears that the smoke is moving away from him as if he were doing some type of energy power up. This could be a type of parasite now that I think about it, it reminds me of spider man and how the loud sounds drove symbiote crazy. I'm going to lean towards this idea since the Prince didn't even think it would do damage.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy again!

Whether that red thing is some kinda parasite thing possessing Baam or this long hair isn't really Baam at all; I just feel like this situation can't be as simple as Baam turning into a cold ruthless A-hole.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'm happy again!

Whether that red thing is some kinda parasite thing possessing Baam or this long hair isn't really Baam at all; I just feel like this situation can't be as simple as Baam turning into a cold ruthless A-hole.
    These words of you make me worry about Baam even more. Don't misunderstand me, I too prefer the scenario of Baam or long hair not simply turning into a heartless man and give him awesome abilities. But I don't want Baam to turn out being the Shinsoo creation that Urek created, I'd rather have him stay as he is, instead of being experiment No.25....

Credits:Shinsatsu

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    These words of you make me worry about Baam even more. Don't misunderstand me, I too prefer the scenario of Baam or long hair not simply turning into a heartless man and give him awesome abilities. But I don't want Baam to turn out being the Shinsoo creation that Urek created, I'd rather have him stay as he is, instead of being experiment No.25....
    I wouldn't be too worried about that just yet.

Baam is clearly not "normal", he was sealed away in cave like some kind of demon, but it seems like a huge logical leap to say anything concrete about his origin story just yet but, even if being a Shinsoo created being was his origin story, as long as he retains his humanity I don't think it matters. To me who he has become is more important then where he comes from.

-------------------------------------

Another interesting concept about Baams origin is that we have no idea how long he was in that cave. He could quite conceivably be older than the tower itself.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ekinox's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic169996_2.gif

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Prince will be the new Usopp :-)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast