Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team A wins at both locations

7 58.33%
  • Team A wins at location 1, looses at location 2

2 16.67%
  • Team B wins at both locations

3 25.00%
  • Team B wins at location 1, looses at location 2

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Konoha 12

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Konoha 12

@Uchiha_Blood

Quote Quote:
    his giant mode is slow as hell ( him being a giant, you know, giants are slow having a huge body)
    This makes no sense. If you are bigger or smaller and your muscles increase/decrease by the same extend then your speed would be the same (of course bones, joints and so on would need to follow the same rules). There is absolutly no reason why Chouji would be slower when he is big then when he is small.
    Last edited by xXan; February 29, 2012 at 06:45 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team A has the advantage in mid and long range jutsu, so the forest arena provides a great deal of space for them to utilize their ranged abilities most effectively. With Team A's s superior intellect I don't think the melee types would have to engage in combat unless it was to mop up.

Team A is just too smart for Team B. Neji and Chouji are not enough to beat Team A and their comrades from Team B can't offer enough support.

Shikamaru+Sakura or Hinata would be scarey. Sakura=1 hit ko and Hinata could take her time closing down the tenketsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Uchiha_Blood

This makes no sense. If you are bigger or smaller and your muscles increase/decrease by the same extend then your speed would be the same (of course bones, joints and so on would need to follow the same rules). There is absolutly no reason why Chouji would be slower when he is big then when he is small.
    Actually he would even be way faster then normal... since traveling a distance which requires a normal human to make 100 steps would only take a single step from Chouji
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Actually he would even be way faster then normal... since traveling a distance which requires a normal human to make 100 steps would only take a single step from Chouji
    This is diferent but true. I was not comparing his speed with other people but how fast he can move his joints, flex his mucles and so on and that should be the same. In other words comparing his giant form and normal form's ability to move and not the speed that he can move a given distance.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But neji as chackra blocking strikes blocking gates

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

What's up with this Chouji overestimation? Chouji solos?
    Sai, who has good speed and seals?
    Lee, who has great taijutsu, power and speed?
    Shikamaru, who is highly intelligent and has an ability that can control you with shadows?
    Shino, also intelligent and could suck your chakra dry?
    Hinata, who can shut down you chakra and has great eyes for the team?
    Sakura, who is a great medical support for the team and can literally punch your light out?
    SORRY, CHOUJI WOULD SOLO?? WAT???

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kay3795

Because he can kill most of them by jumping alone:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/537/2

Then he can do this:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/537/3
    Yes if he goes giant mode he could solo this. Even the blastwave sent people flying around the battlefield.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Lee, who has great taijutsu, power and speed?
    Compared to Choji's size those kicks and punches would be like bug bites... aggravating and anoying but hardly more then that.

Quote Quote:
    Shikamaru, who is highly intelligent and has an ability that can control you with shadows?
    He can come up with a battle plan for his team but thats about everything he can do in this battle... his Kagemane would be completely useless against an opponent of such size and power... heck, he had trouble keeping Hidan bound with his shadows, and compared to the strength Chouji possess while in Multisize Butterfly Mode, Hidans physical strength is pretty much insignificant.

Quote Quote:
    Shino, also intelligent and could suck your chakra dry?
    The shockwave from Chouji's ass-dive will blow his bugs away and scatter them across the whole landscape.

Quote Quote:
    Hinata, who can shut down you chakra and has great eyes for the team?
    Chouji is so big, she wont be able to see anything else... not to mention one of his Tenketsu would be larger then her whole body, so good luck poking any significant number of those.

Quote Quote:
    Sakura, who is a great medical support for the team and can literally punch your light out?
    If Chouji mashes you into pulp there's nothing left to heal... its like if you would step on a bug, and then you take it to the vet for medical treatment.
    Last edited by LnDRash; April 16, 2012 at 01:50 AM.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You know that a manga has something wrong when the strongest one in the main group ( Naruto not withstanding ) is a large fat-ass that only redeeming feature is to become an enormous ball of lard with butterfly wings.
    And here I thought Neji was a genius...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^well... while I love to make fun of fat people (although I love to make fun of pretty much everything), one has to acknowledge that overweight in reasonable dimensions (not hyper-obesity) doesn't automatically make a person inferior or incompetent.

For example there's this Roy Nelson dude, who's pretty successful in heavyweight worldwide MMA. If you google him then maybe you'll be surprised... he's easily fatter then Chouji.

Kishi probably just wanted to throw out a message that looks can be deceiving and that there are other more important values then body fat percentage. Probably because Japan in general is pretty harsh to overweight people. They may have sumo wrestlers, but at the same time they have laws about waistline volumes.

Quote Quote:
    Japanese lawmakers set a maximum waistline size for anyone: 85 centimeters (33.5 inches) for men and 90 centimeters (35.4 inches) for women.

Under Japan’s health care coverage, companies administer check-ups to employees once a year. Those who fail to meet the waistline requirement must undergo counseling. If companies do not reduce the number of overweight employees by 10 percent by 2012 and 25 percent by 2015, they could be required to pay more money into a health care program for the elderly. An estimated 56 million Japanese will have their waists measured this year.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I know and I personally have nothing against fat ppl, yet it was done in an horrible manner:
    Kishi pratically took Choji and transformed him in a deus ex machina to resolve that part of the war with, by simply transforming him into a giant butterfly capable of smashing everything.
    I can understand the resolve of Choji etc. but he basically became something almost non defeatable by normal ninjas.
    And that I really don't like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, thats certainly true, but apparently Kishi was planing this for a long time. It was to be expected at some point and didn't come out of the blue, so I'am kind of fine/indifferent with it.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-194-15...apter-189.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-333-7/...apter-328.html

Kishi wanted him to be the weakest and most useless of the Konoha 12 (although he failed to portrait that because of Tenten's and Ino's existence) and then at some point turn him into the most powerful among them. Keep in mind that while Chouji is ridiculously overpowered compared to the other Konoa rookies, there are other ninja who can probably stomp him without much effort (like Oonoki for example).

I agree that it could have been handled better... but well, thats just Kishi's way of writing... when it comes to power-ups they always happen in the blink of an eye and are kind of ridiculously overpowered.

Naruto sits in the same boat... who's supposed to fight this godzilla sized, nuke spitting fox made of chakra? Right now I can't even imagine the most haxed characters like Kabuto, Itachi, Sasuke, Oonoki etc. standing a chance against this monstrosity... maybe Edo-Madara by bombarding him with meteors, but thats about it...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, thats certainly true, but apparently Kishi was planing this for a long time. It was to be expected at some point and didn't come out of the blue, so I'am kind of fine/indifferent with it.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-194-15...apter-189.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-333-7/...apter-328.html

Kishi wanted him to be the weakest and most useless of the Konoha 12 (although he failed to portrait that because of Tenten's and Ino's existence) and then at some point turn him into the most powerful among them. Keep in mind that while Chouji is ridiculously overpowered compared to the other Konoa rookies, there are other ninja who can probably stomp him without much effort (like Oonoki for example).

I agree that it could have been handled better... but well, thats just Kishi's way of writing... when it comes to power-ups they always happen in the blink of an eye and are kind of ridiculously overpowered.

Naruto sits in the same boat... who's supposed to fight this godzilla sized, nuke spitting fox made of chakra? Right now I can't even imagine the most haxed characters like Kabuto, Itachi, Sasuke, Oonoki etc. standing a chance against this monstrosity... maybe Edo-Madara by bombarding him with meteors, but thats about it...
    True, that's Kishi way of doing things.
    Which is a little sad. And Shika's foreshadowing was probably for the red pill, since his strenght multiplied x100.

Of course high tier characters would off him, hell a giant summon could, I really hope ppl doesn't believe Chouji to be nothing more than Jounin level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Konoha 12

He can come up with a battle plan for his team but thats about everything he can do in this battle... his Kagemane would be completely useless against an opponent of such size and power... heck, he had trouble keeping Hidan bound with his shadows, and compared to the strength Chouji possess while in Multisize Butterfly Mode, Hidans physical strength is pretty much insignificant.
    It's funny how we go from overrating Choji...I mean CHOJI! A guy everyone thought was useless since Kakashi had to save him and Ino 8,000 times during the Zombie Twin fight. To underrating Shikamaru, who took out an Akatsuki, and who Asuma said could be Hokage. But apparently now can't do anything in a fight against the god known as Choji, the BBQ chip king. BTW, Hidan was called a powerhouse in stamina and strength by Kishimoto in the databook. So no, you cannot say his strength is insignificant.

People with biju chakra have been shown to break out of the kagemane. Gaara, Naruto, Kinkaku. And Choji doesn't have that type of chakra. Neither does his stronger father or any of the Akimichi. They are strong. Not upper-tier gods! And guess what? Big people make BIG shadows. Even in Butterfly Mode he casts a shadow on the ground. Kagemane + Kage nui = dead Choji since he isn't immortal like Hidan. Shadow tentacles will rip apart his flesh and hit vital organs.

Choji is probably the physically strongest K11. Repeat physically strongest. He is also the stupidest and slowest according to the databook and from the manga. He is not above the other rookies just because he can turn into a giant. He just was underrated. Remember, he nearly got Ino and Shika killed during the war. He had to be pushed to enter butterfly mode. He is weak-willed and flawed.

I'd take Shino, Sai, Shikamaru, Lee, or Neji over him any day of the week as ninja and in a fight.

Butterfly mode has flaws like everything else. Just like Lee's gates. And there are better and much smarter "fighters" among the rookies. The idea that Choji can now solo and is way above the other K12 is just laughable. Kishi was just trying to show he is not the joke that got beat by Dosu in 5 seconds. A lot of people don't like Choji and see him as the ugly fat guy. Kishi was trying to give him some development and show that plump people can also succeed.

Anyway, Team A wins.
    Last edited by Jessie; April 24, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

team A

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast