Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Eren Jaeger Discussion thread

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren Jaeger Discussion thread

This is where you can talk about anything that is Eren related. Evolution throughout the manga, predictions about him, whether he falls under a stereotype or not....anything really!

Knock URselves out!!
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eren Jaeger Discussion thread

Hi, everyone.. My first post..

Wow Shingeki no Kyojin is my recent favorite! Love it so much..
    I've been lost interest in shounen manga for so long..
    They all seems typical and never had any decent plot, and the characters are so unreal i hate it.. So, for the latest years i only read josei, seinen, yaoi, and shoujo only.. Umm, and i'm a tired of fantasy as well lol
    And then i found this series.. it caught my attention so much.. Especially the character.. They are all so admirable, very human and they potrayed the right emotions at the right times.. Their naivety is acceptable which i never found in many mangas before..

But there is something that bothering me so much that i can't accept until now..
    It is when Eren killed those kidnappers in chapter 6..
    Oh my god how come 9 years old boy commited murder.. I can't get it.. Well, people said that it was self defense or else.. But still, it was planned so well it could easily killed 2 adults..
    The one that i consider as self defense is only what Mikasa did when Eren attacked by the 3rd kidnapper..

Geez i still can't get over it.. Just what his parents taught him??!! Eren was lived peacefully after all.. Yes, they lived in that wall with fear of titans but they never had any hardship in everyday life.. Not to mention his father was a doctor that saved many lives, and his mother that banned him from joining the scouts, i think they values life above all..

In the other hand i can understand why Annie, Bertholdt, and Reiner commited that mass murder better than what little eren did.. They lived in different circumstances, harsh life otside the wall, and they got some doctrines from the other party..

So, anyone could share their opinion about this? Maybe phsycologically it is acceptable idk..
    Oh, idk if this topic has been mentioned before, if so could someone give me the link?

I'm not native english speaker and still learning, so i'm sorry for my poor english, your correction is always welcomed..
    Thank you..

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windy van View Post
    Hi, everyone.. My first post..

Wow Shingeki no Kyojin is my recent favorite! Love it so much..
    I've been lost interest in shounen manga for so long..
    They all seems typical and never had any decent plot, and the characters are so unreal i hate it.. So, for the latest years i only read josei, seinen, yaoi, and shoujo only.. Umm, and i'm a tired of fantasy as well lol
    And then i found this series.. it caught my attention so much.. Especially the character.. They are all so admirable, very human and they potrayed the right emotions at the right times.. Their naivety is acceptable which i never found in many mangas before..

But there is something that bothering me so much that i can't accept until now..
    It is when Eren killed those kidnappers in chapter 6..
    Oh my god how come 9 years old boy commited murder.. I can't get it.. Well, people said that it was self defense or else.. But still, it was planned so well it could easily killed 2 adults..
    The one that i consider as self defense is only what Mikasa did when Eren attacked by the 3rd kidnapper..

Geez i still can't get over it.. Just what his parents taught him??!! Eren was lived peacefully after all.. Yes, they lived in that wall with fear of titans but they never had any hardship in everyday life.. Not to mention his father was a doctor that saved many lives, and his mother that banned him from joining the scouts, i think they values life above all..

In the other hand i can understand why Annie, Bertholdt, and Reiner commited that mass murder better than what little eren did.. They lived in different circumstances, harsh life otside the wall, and they got some doctrines from the other party..

So, anyone could share their opinion about this? Maybe phsycologically it is acceptable idk..
    Oh, idk if this topic has been mentioned before, if so could someone give me the link?

I'm not native english speaker and still learning, so i'm sorry for my poor english, your correction is always welcomed..
    Thank you..
    Well, it has happened a few times in the real world as well. In India, there are some cases where little children of 7-8 years fight armed robbers and militants to save their family/village and are given a bravery award for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Bravery_Award
    It isn't impossible but pretty rare. Eren was lucky that the kidnappers weren't armed and were somewhat stupid.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, is that so?
    Umm.. I never thought it was impossible though..
    I already checked the link and from what i see, what they did was an absolute self defense, no doubt..
    But there aren't mentioned how they actually did it so i have no idea.. I guess they just confronted the bad guy..
    But i'm not sure if they caused any casualties for those people..
    What bothering me the most in SnK case is the way Eren confronted the kidnappers that caused the losing of people's lives..
    It's morally wrong.. Totally wrong..
    Even what he did was to save Mikasa, (Errr and at that point he barely knew her, that's so nice of him) Idk if he was really sane, he stabbed the 2nd man many times it freaks me out, more than the gore that the titans showed..
    Well, here in my country sometimes there are news about underage commited murder but it was given their circumstances like abusive parents, rape, etc.. And one reason it happened was usually because their parents never give them the right moral education, which i assumed Eren received them well enough..

Maybe i'm being overly sensitive about this but i'm so against violence so i found what Eren did is absolutely wrong to the point i can't accept them even now.. -_-
    I'm relieved he didn't show any abnormalities in the present given his past attempt..
    Btw, thanks for the information, there are so much brave kids, hope they're do well in their lives..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren was and is simply a Berserker. The last two chapters are clearly show him as a mad man (when occurs) who wanna slay people he choose deserve it.

At the same time he need some "time" to get it while Mikasa is more cold blooded and, for example, attack to kill immediately R&B after listen their outing.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to discuss something regarding Eren.

I think there's a slight possibility for him to have been a shifter from the very get go (ie, not obtaining his Titan from Grisha's injection). I know the serum-theory is a popular one, but I think that that might not necessarily be the case.

So I've been casually thinking about this for quite some time now, but then the last chapter hit and I noticed something interesting which taps in pretty nicely with my assumption: Berth is implying Eren is missing memories of his past as a Titan. This is in the context of Ymir talking about she being a Titan (before regaining control) and not remembering a thing of those times. Interestingly, Berth says it was the same for him and Reiner, and says that it looks like that's the case for Eren as well.

Keep in mind we still don't know a thing about the true origin of the shifters' power, so anything goes. Now, if Eren's Titan wasn't Grisha's doing, what about the serum?

Maybe the injection wasn't really about making Eren into a shifter, but rather awakening a previously sealed power. He said the serum would cause memory losses, which might be part of a long lasting process. Also the reference about 'their memories' (probably a reference to what's to be found in the basement).

People speculate that probably other shifters (or more ancient Titans) are locked in the Basement and Eren will need what he needs from 'their memories', but I think there's another (simpler) explanation. Maybe diaries or logs from a previous civilization (maybe a shifters' one) are locked in the basement, hence containing 'their memories' in a written form. This wouldn't involve monsters being locked in a basement without anybody ever noticing or people being asleep in a crystal for an indefinite amount of time without any apparent reason.

If Eren was a Titan from the very beginning whose powers and memories were artificially sealed (maybe Grisha took Eren in his custody as a son because of that, implying something similar might be behind his decision to adopt Mikasa as well), it would make sense for Grisha to say he will show him what's inside the basement.

After all, Grisha wasn't really expecting the imminent attack to Wall Maria (otherwise him leaving his son and wife to die would make him the biggest douchebag ever lol xD).

Since he was planning to bring Eren to the basement in the very near future (keep in mind this is before the Colossal Titan attack and Eren pretty much was still a kid) we need to put things in perspective.

Would it had made sense for Grisha to go "Look son, when I come back I'll bring you to the basement and let you see the nice Titans I've kept there for ages, how cool is that?" rather than "Son, you said you want to exterminate all Titans, but there's some secret stuff nobody knows, written down on this diaries I've put in a safe place".

Also, I think the latter would go along with the idea of Eren being a natural shifter pretty nicely, for him knowing about 'their memories' would also mean knowing about his true past.

Lastly, the whole concept of Grisha willingly turning his own son in a monster for whatever reason always irked me. I mean, it doesn't really make much sense in a father-son relationship. The simple fact a (seemingly) loving father would experiment on his own children for whatever reason is disturbing. Now if Eren originally was a Titan to begin with, then unlocking a power he always had would be much more reasonable.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to explain my though in a clear and thorough fashion.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, but did we ever see what these numbers meant?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/1/21

I understand now that eren was probably crying due to hearing renier or bertholdt screaming to summon titans in preparation for their attack from far away, he was probably hearing it subconsciously like a dog whistle, and his "inner titan" understood it as a war cry, but why did he see the numbers 845? Did we ever get any closure on this?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

845 is the year.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    845 is the year.
    Ah, yes I see thank you! I see it did that again at the timeskip. I was rereading it, and I thought that eren was seeing a vision of those numbers, that makes sense, you explained that completely lol, well done.

New Reply